What's on your 'To Do List' Feb 25 March 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Feb 24, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Wow, are those dates right??? Where does the time go????

Hubby left for Belgium early this morning and I slept through it and didn't get to see him before he left, awww. But he should be back tomorrow.

Daughter is back in her own home and so far, so good..she sounds like she's doing well.

We got the mattresses switched on Saturday and oh boy, that thing feels like a brick although it has a nice pillow top on it. I'm willing to give it about 2 weeks to see if it gets any more comfortable though.

I am sleeping well on it, but the adjustment is odd. When you're tired, all you want is 'your' bed and this one feels odd. Hubby chose this one so he feels really bad that I'm not too fond of it.

Just a curious question...does anyone know why some new sheets 'pill' after laundering? I have a new set of sheets on the new bed, probably washed 3 times, but the feel is just awful with those little bumps on it. I'm getting ready to order some more sheets since these are already awful and don't want to make the same mistake again.

Not much on my list for today.....

Need to shower/shampoo, water plants and make my weekly phone call to my friend in Tampa this afternoon.

Also....and this has nothing to do with anything either...but if you have a minute, take a peek at the post by 4everkid and see the artwork they've posted. This is truly an amazing artist we have on our board and the work done with colored pencils is just truly amazing. I always look forward to the new pics.

Ellen, I'm going to do some research on the Topamax for my daughter to see if it's something she might be able to take to help control her appetite. We have to find something for her, the weight gain is just too huge and her eating is out of control.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Dh and I have been gone for over a week. I've missed you all!

I need to take some time to read your posts, and will respond.

I've been home exercising, and feel very tired again. Did it while we were away, too. Maybe I just need to slow some of the cardio and light weight 'reps' down for the time being.

That being said, I am now going to lay down..

Hugs to all! Take perfect care..

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Kim, it's so good to see you back posting, get some rest and try not to overdo things.

Linda, your trip to the zoo sounds nice, was it a beautiful day too?

About the sheets, they were at least 800 thread count, and no I don't wash in very hot water. German washing machines aren't hooked up to a hot water tap, they heat the water first and it takes forever to do a really hot load so I just never do it that way.

Anne Theresa, it's a bit unusual not to hear from you for a few days, is everything ok?

Ellen, good luck on your next Excel test this week. Can't wait to hear how it goes...

I forgot to water my plants yesterday so I'll do that this morning. And I did manage to put in a load of my laundry since my daughter was doing well yesterday so I need to go down and finish that today.

I also plan a large grocery shopping trip today...I hate to have to do it all myself, but if I just get things bought, then bring them up, I can take my time putting things away. So hard to do with my blood sugar problems.

Hugs all,

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Well, my son got a job! He'll likely work graveyard at a freight company- a full time job. I am concerned about the late hours, but we'll give it a try. He won't start for several days yet- they do drug testing and he has to do a hearing test. I think he's excited to be hired!

My daughter's truck hasn't been running, so I see car shortages in the near future!

Nancy- thanks for starting the list this week...you have a slight head start on the day over there! We also got a new mattress a year ago, and I didn't like it for at least a month. Ours also has a pillow top, which I thought was too warm (just my hot flashes!). Now I'm fine with it- hang in there, it just takes time.

Linda- how nice that you got to go to the Zoo. I hope your aches and pains subside soon.....maybe a soak in the tub would help? I guess you know what to do by now.

Ellen- I've been looking up Topamax and I don't think it would work on my RLS.....I need something strong or I won't sleep. But it sounded like a nice way to lose weight! I'm on Mirapex and I think it has contributed to a weight gain.

Sorry this is short- I've got to get the boys ready for jazz band.
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

I went on a shopping trip with sweetie on Saturday and then, on Sunday, I went out to lunch and to a stage play with my niece. I had a lovely weekend but did not anticipate how big a toll it would take on me. I've been living from my bed since Sunday night, with pain and too exhausted to watch tv or sit up to the computer.

Today, I've returned - somewhat - to the land of the living; able to sit at the computer for a few minutes and hoping to do a few things around the house.

- make soup
    - water plants
    - tidy & wipe inside of fridge & freezer
    - clean washroom
    - elliptical machine (just a few minutes)
    - read & watch tv

Gentle hugs to everyone.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi all,

Monday and Tuesday were too hectic, so it took me to now to get here......

Nancy, I hope you are getting used to the new bed. There's nothing worse for me than not getting comfortable sleep, if not restorative sleep. Good luck with the Topamax and your daughter-- I took topamax a LONG time ago for a brief period for I forget what <grin>; it didn't agree with me. Hopefully, it will do well for your daughter.

Linda, my concussion/whiplash is much better--thanks so much for asking! :) I took a stumble (don't we all?) on Monday, irritated the heck out of my shoulder, so I'm seeing my PCP today for trigger point injections. I only do them with the pain is so fierce that driving becomes difficult, and/or when I have such a busy week ahead I know I will do it more harm. I have been seriously considering a chiro, but not sure where to start. In case I forget (again, don't we all? <grin>), HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! I need somewhere warm to run away to next weekend-- is Phoenix warm right now (as in sit in the sun and bring me drink, bar boy!)?

Terri, congrats on your son's job. I truly hope you find something that works for your RLS.

Anne Theresa, I'm so glad you had a lovely weekend. You deserved it! It's nice to hear you have energy, but I trust you already know to rest a bit so you can do things this weekend without a drop in that energy!

Twin, I'm glad you are feeling so "super", but like Anne Theresa, I trust you know to pace yourself and rest for this Saturday.

My To Do List:

See doc today for trigger point injections.
    Go through a week's worth of mail and pay bills (I know, you all heard that one before!)
    Keep pacing for a dnner out tomorrow. Continue pacing for dinner Friday for stepson's 22nd birthday.
    Buy birthday cards for March birthdays.
    Rest Fri/Sat for my son's 11th birthday party Sunday with 10 other energenic 10-11 year old boys!
    Remember to buy those darn party favors!
    (Prayer) Get my nails done for all the social stuff this weekend.

Wow. I hope everyone is having a great week! :)

Hugs everyone,

7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Like Kim, we've been gone and are gone again. I've hooked up to an internet wi-fi here in the RV park, and it is SOOOOOO slow! Complain, complain. It costs money for the month and I it is so slow, I can't download anything to my IPod file....said it would take 8 hours to download a half-hour segment. Huh?

Anyway, Jim's daughter is about 2 weeks away from delivery of their second child...a girl. That means Jim will have two grandchildren....and I have two so we have four. (-: We are helping get the baby's room painted and put together. Jim's daughter, Jennifer, is HUGE! Poor little thing...carrying the baby all out in front...ALL. Soon it will be over, though.

The weather here is great...going to be 70 degrees and sunny...a welcome break.

Kim...take it easy with the exercising.
    Nancy...glad your daughter is doing well. I know it's a day by day thing. Good news for now.

Along with Kim, I will read later. I wish you a good day and a good results for all your endeavors today.

Sunny California hugs to all.

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends. I hope everyone is well and having a good day. I actually feel pretty good today, nice.

Sue, it's good to hear from you. 70 degrees and sunny is a distant memory for me. Enjoy! I'll say a little prayer for your grandchild's safe delivery - be sure to keep us posted.

Lenore, I'm glad you're on the mend from the concussion/whiplash. What a fright that must have been for you. I hope you get some relief from the trigger point injections and feel well enough to enjoy the upcoming birthday celebrations.

Such good news, Terri, that your son got the job. When I was young, I worked for several years on the graveyard shift and I liked it. It felt great to be productive in the wee hours when most people were sleeping. Hopefully, your son will enjoy the work and come to appreciate the night shift.

Nancy, it's nice your world has calmed some with your daughter relatively well and back at her own home. I agree with you about the artistic talent on this board. It truly amazes me what people can do. Take good care of yourself - I hope you get some quality sleep on your new mattress.

Linda, I'm glad you had a nice time at the zoo. A two-hour walk is awesome! Each summer sweetie and I and another couple go to a nearby wild-life safari/park. On those occasions, I always amaze myself by how far I walk.

All the wonderful scenery and fascinating animals seem to keep me going. Of course the next few days is another story altogether, my body completely rebels. I hope you get some good rest and give those muscles a chance to recover from the exertion.

Welcome back, Kim and congratulations on staying with your exercise routine. It can be a particular challenge to exercise when you're away from home - good for you! I've been - on alternating days - walking and using the elliptical machine. I only do a very little of each but it feels good to be doing something.

Sweetie has the day off from work today and so we're going to the mall to do some walking. The weather outdoors is not conducive to a nice walk - thank heavens for warm & spacious malls.

A few small chores for today:

put dishes away, clean counter tops & sink
    swiffer hardwood floors
    clean/organize dresser drawers
    spot-clean walls
    launder & replace duvet cover
    make muffins

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Good to hear from everyone.....

One of my boys had a toenail removed yesterday. He had broken this toe a year ago and the nail grew back ingrown. So he needs a little TLC yet- and pain pills. He's a trooper, though and rarely complains. He is enjoying the extra attention!

Home school
    Piano students
    Fix ?? for dinner
    Call sister- today is her birthday!

Take care, everyone!
  10. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Well, at least I have the checks printed out--now I have to sign them and put them in the right envelopes! How far have YOU gotten...... <very big smile>?

Regarding TrPt, I didn't have them yesterday--an immediate MRI instead and an appointment with an ortho. My PCP thinks there's a nerve impingment and/or torn rotator cuff, whatever that is. More doctors.......... <sigh>

I have found TrPt to be a huge relief and was having them done long before the DDs set in, though obviously not nearly as often. Yes, my PCP does them, but out of six doctors in the practice, he's the only one. My former Internist did them too. If you're really interested in trying it, fnd out if any of your docs does them, and if so, what exact solution they use (because it differs).

I have to cut this short-- I'm trying out my first alternative therapy this morning: a "lymphatic massage". Anyone tried this? My PCP said it can't hurt me, doesn't think it will help me personally as much as it might help another patient with pure FM, but said to give it a try if I want to. I'll report back when I can on how it goes.

From what I read it sounds like an "Up" week for us. YAY!!!!!!!

Hugs to all,
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

Sorry not to respond to everyone individually, it's almost bedtime here and I'm pretty tired.

We had a huge power surge in our part of Germany yesterday and it took out our phone and internet. Strangely enough, not at the same time though.

So I haven't been able to get online until now.

Had to have 2 repairmen over today to help fix some of the problems from yesterday, had to go to the nearby base to replace on part of the internet box, so I'm pretty much ready to go to bed. I also bought new phones too just in case.

And, my daughter is now doing wonderful!!! I hate to say I knew it, but with tapering off the Prozac she's just been amazing this week. We're not even going to stop that last pill, what she's on is working so well, we don't want to mess with it.

She's sharp, she's intelligent again, her writing is wonderful, she's joking and I don't think I've seen her quite like this in years. It's truly amazing.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm ok and to share this good news.

Hugs all,

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Oh Nancy, I'm thrilled to learn your daughter is doing so well - it must be wonderful for you to see her that way! God knows, she deserves some good and stable times after all she's been through lately. I'm glad you're back on-line - I always feel at a loss when the internet is not accessible, even more-so then when my phone is down.

Lenore, my doctor is referring me to a rheumetologist in the hopes that trigger-point injections will be forthcoming and helpful to me.

In the past, I had injections in my lower-back (lanacaine, I think) but the relief was minimal and only lasted ten minutes. What solution does your doctor inject? I'm glad you've found something that helps! I hope you have a good experience with lymphatic massage.

Hi Terri. I hope your little guy gets back on his feet before too long. It's nice you're there to provide some TLC, such an important factor in recovery.

Linda, I've also noticed a shift in time related the ebb and flow of my energy. My most energetic and best time used to be from 10 a.m. to noon but lately that's shifted to 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. I've learned to go with the flow.

It's nice to have a fairly consistent window-of-time each day that I can use to schedule appointments or projects. Additionally, if I rest through the day, I can usually move the two-hour window to early evenings.

I woke this morning with neck pain & a bad headache so the first thing I did was canceled the manicure appointment I had scheduled for this afternoon.

As it happens, I feel quite a bit better now and I likely could have managed the appointment but - as I look out my window at all that nasty snow - I'm happy to stay indoors today.

Today's To do

clean coffee pot
    clean mirrors, glass and screens
    clean pet feeding areas
    gather odd dishes & kitchen utensils for Goodwill
    make muffins

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I stayed in bed very late today asking myself: Why should I bother getting up? What possible difference could it make? It's only now, as I write this, that I remember I'm four days off my anti-depressant so (whew!) what I'm feeling is normal or at least to-be-expected.

Knowing these feelings are chemical/medication-related, doesn't make them easier to feel but, at least, I don't have to worry about why? I feel this way or what? to do about it.

Rather, I can just go with the flow, be gentle with myself and hope the new anti-depressant (that I'm scheduled to begin on Tuesday) is effective.

clean kitchen
    put laundry away
    read.rest.watch tv.

God bless
    Anne Theresa

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all....

Hubby and I have a few chores to finish today. Since we had all the phone problems, we're determined (hopefully) to go down to storage and find our old paperwork and stuff from when we moved to Germany so we can keep it on hand for any future problems.

We also still have a few Christmas odds and ends that need to go into storage too.

I didn't buy the right kind of power strip for the phone set up so we may end up back on base to replace it. I forgot to get one with a fuse, ooops!

Anne Theresa, please be careful with this med change...I know that you're aware of the dangers and I'm glad you recognize where those feelings are coming from. I hope all goes well once you start the new one on Tuesday.

Linda, the book is a dark subject which is something my daughter knows about all to well, unfortunately.

I know I'm being overly careful, but I don't want to give the storyline away because it's something that I don't think has been done yet.

Not that I think anyone here would 'steal' the idea, but she's got a good one and I want to protect it. This is the internet after all. (That's why I was so excited when she first started writing this, it's really good!!!) And why I bought her a new laptop when hers starting acting up.

It is a work of fiction, but writing it has been cathartic for her as I'm sure it will continue to be.

And Terri, I'm so glad your son got the job, hurray!!!

Hope to hear from all the others soon...

15. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,

We are mostly home today....hubby wants to build a fence so we can....drum roll, please.....raise a steer. We live a little ways out of town, so it could be done. I told him, really, we can buy our ground beef at the store, but he thinks it will be a money maker in the long run. I'm not convinced, but I'm not building the fence. Not yet, anyway!

My son is excited to start his new job. He starts Monday night and will work graveyard. I told him to stay up late the next few nights, in training. Since he's had CFS, he hasn't stayed up past 1:00 to my knowledge so we'll see how it goes. He may need some caffeine to keep going the first week! Actually, I'm going to have him try astragalus.....has anyone had good effects from that? I think ginseng could also give him some energy.

To do:
    Clean house
    Rehearsal this afternoon
    Grill out for dinner

Have a nice weekend, all!
  16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I do take Astragalus but haven't noticed any energy boost from it.

I take the B-12 sub-linguals that they sell here at Pro Health for mental alertness and they really help.

If all else fails, an Excedrin for Migraines will give a great boost from caffeine but won't drop you after an hour like a cup of coffee does.

Hope this helps some...

17. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I meant to get over to the library yesterday to check in with all of you, but it was snowy and windy and I decided it was better to stay at home. We got several inches of snow and the roads were slippery. Our library is having a used book sale today and I bought several books on household hints and cleaning and ways to save money. The most expensive book was only 50 cents.

My husband took his parents up to the VA Hospital in Ann Arbor yesterday for some tests my father-in-law had to have for his heart surgery he is having on Monday. The doctors will either repair or replace his heart valve depending on what they find. The surgery will take 4-6 hours. I know I will have a hard time concentrating on work on Monday since I will be thinking of my father-in-law and wondering how he is doing!

So I stayed home and took turns reading and doing housework. Except for cleaning the carpet and windows, the master bedroom is spring cleaned. So that is one room done. Yesterday I did the closet. Even though I work slowly and take lots of breaks, I still feel the effects.

My lower back and left hip has been hurting me for the past week. I'm guessing my cleaning has been the culprit.

I have some possible good news! Assuming we don't owe money on our taxes, we should be able to get the three ceiling fans we've been wanting for quite awhile now. One for the other bedroom, the livingroom and the porch. We have an American Express card and we have enough points on it to get the three fans so they won't cost us anything. And with the money the government is sending all of us, (I think it's $1,200 for a couple) we can use that to pay an electrician to install them!

Harry said first we need to get some estimates to make sure the government money would cover the cost and then wait to make sure we don't owe any money on our taxes. I don't think we will. It's just exciting to get something nice for nothing. We build up points on our American Express card by buying things we need anyway like groceries and gas.

Nancy: I'm so glad your daughter is doing much better. It's definitely a roller coaster with her, isn't it? I would definitely check out the Topamax. Just remember if it doesn't work, you may have to increase the dosage or it just may not work for her. Everyone is different. I hope you get used to your mattress. It might just take some time.

Kim: Good to hear from you.

Linda: I can't imagine walking at a zoo like you did. But you did say you are paying the price now. I can't walk on any hard surfaces. Have you considered getting a scooter?

Twin: Good luck at the eye doctor. I hope you don't need bifocals, but of course, they do have the kind that don't have the lines. Have fun watching the Yorkies!

Terri: Sorry you don't think the Topamax will work for you. It's been such a help to me. Congratulations on your son getting the job! I'm sure it will be hard for him at first getting used to a third-shift job. Maybe eventually he can change to another shift.

Anne Theresa: Glad you are doing a little better. I'll be glad for you when you are done with your medication change over.

To-do list:

-put away laundry (done)
    -put away dishes (done)
    -dust basement
    -mend lining in coat
    -went to the movies with husband

The Excel class went well on Thursday. I did have some problems and needed some extra help from the teacher, but it went better than I thought it would.

Well, I had better get off. The computer is going to go off in less than two minutes. I'll talk to everyone on Monday. Have a good weekend!