What's on your To Do List? Feb. 28 - March 6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Feb 28, 2011.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

Even though it's still brutal cold outside, it was a good feeling to turn the calendars over to March.

Dianne, I hope your flu-like symptoms have eased up. I get those a lot. It seems to be part and parcel of the illness, unfortunately.

Gail, I'm sorry your daughter's bunnies died so unexpectedly. A bunnie's lifespan is usually 5-7 years, although there are exceptions of course. To answer your question, no, Harry doesn't roam free because he isn't house-trained yet. When he is house-trained, whether or not I'll let him run free around the house will depend on his temperament and whether he's a chewer.

Of the three pet bunnies I had before Harry, only one was allowed to run free in the house (Menna, she was adorable). The other two (Eechie and Harriet) couldn't be trusted to run free because they would make a bee-line for the wires and cords and cables. It was impossible for me to bunny-proof everything they would get into. I used to fence off a small area of one room so they could run and hop and get some exercise (I'll do this for Harry too) but for the most part, they stayed on my lap or in their cage.

It's so good of you to care for your mom and great for your mom, I'm sure. Have you ever worn a back brace? I have one that wraps around (sort of like a tension bandage but with a much stronger texture) and closes shut with velcro. I wear it over an undershirt and then I wear a sweater or blouse over-top so you can't tell I'm wearing it. This keeps my back super-straight while I'm lifting and cuts down on the pain immensely. I got mine at one of those large pharmacies that carries canes and mobility equipment. You may find something like this helpful for you - just a suggestion.

To-Do Today

shower & shampoo
    meet friend for coffee
    post office: mail letter, pick up forms
    paper filing (must stop procrastinating on this)
    clean laundry room

I look forward to hearing from others. Newcomers to the to-do list thread are, as always, welcome!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Like most people with chronic illness, I have periods of time when all I can manage to do is the bare minimum (in terms of my activities of daily living, household chores, etc) and this week seems to be one of those times. I've spent a lot of time resting, watching TV and movies. Thank heavens for cable and thank heavens I've felt well enough to enjoy those offerings (as you can no doubt relate there are times when watching/comprehending TV and/or movies is too much for me).

Most of Monday's to-do list remains undone so I'll continue to plug away on that, but first and foremost, I have a friend coming over this afternoon to visit and watch a movie so I need to make the apartment and myself half-ways presentable. This particular friend has CFS so 'half'ways presentable will always suffice between us and I love that about our friendship.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Anne Theresa,
    Sorry you haven't had many to chat with, so here is my two cents!

Today is my birthday! I have a cold, so we haven't really celebrated. Plus my son is at play practice....he is in 'Singin' in the Rain" and is loving his involvement in it. So we will have cake this weekend, when we can get the family together. My daughter and I baked a GF cake. It is chocolate chestnut cake. No flour in it at all. Got the recipe from Nigella, of "Nigella Feasts." Now, if it would make me look like her, that would be great!

So you have a new bunny.....that's wonderful! Harry? Cute. I am sure he will be a great pet, once he gets housebroken and learns what cables not to chew. Funny how they always head to those things you don't want them to chew. But then, what would you like to have him chew?

Sorry, this cold is making me silly. I don't want to take a decongestant because they exacerbate my RLS symptoms. We have a mist inhaler type thing, so I'll sit with that blowing in my face....should help.

Take care and here's a hug for you and Harry,
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Sorry I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks. I had surgery on Tuesday and am still recovering from that. It wasn't any major surgery-just a D & C-but I am still extra tired from it and still having a little spotting from the surgery. Fortunately, the abdominal cramps are gone. A nurse from the hospital called yesterday to see how I was doing and said I would probably feel extra tired for the next two or three weeks. I just don't remember feeling so-o-o tired before after surgery. Oh, well. At least I will stop having two periods a month now and they won't be so heavy.

I did get out today for the first time in days. My brother and I got together and had lunch. He helped me get groceries-we were really out of everything. I also needed to get some prescriptions. When I got home I was more than ready for a nap.

Anne Theresa: That's great you got a new bunny-you didn't name him after my husband, did you? Just kidding! I didn't realize that bunnies only lived 5-7 years. Too bad they like to chew so much-you really have to watch your electrical cords and other things. But they really are so cute! I love animals-but cats are the only animals I care to have for pets.

Terri: Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry you had a cold, though. It's no fun to be sick, especially on your birthday.

Well, I guess I had better go. Take care everyone and have a good weekend!