WHAT'S ON YOUR "TO DO LIST" FOR 9-13- thru 9-17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WILDWOODWINE, Sep 16, 2010.

Good Morning Everyone...

Geezz, our board is really quite...hope everyone is ok..

I've been up since about 6 a.m., so I started doing laundry..got the sheets off the bed and got them in the machine..I wish I had a change of sheets for everyday of the week..I've never minded changing the bed..oh how I love clean sheets....

The weather is changing..I can feel fall in the air..looks like we're going to get some rain either tomorrow or this weekend..not ready for rain just yet...wow..fall..where has this year gone?

The past two weeks have been unbelieveable in the area where we live...first we had that horrible fire in San Bruno..we live about 4 miles from there...people still are not able to get back into their homes...neighbors nextdoor thought they had lost an uncle, but, thank goodness, they found him alive and well the next day..however, he is one of those unfortunate people who has not been able to get back into his home yet...the investigation is still ongoing...it is such a sad situation...makes me a bit nervous, however, about where I live and the conditions of the gas lines that run through my neighborhood..our area was built in 1906..

Then last weeks, a young man had a horrible motorcyle accident a block from my house..he missed judged when he switched lanes and ran into the back of a car..I don't know if he survived or not..such a shame.

Then last Sunday, we had another horrible car accident on 101, our big freeway, where all four lanes were all closed down in both directions for over 12 hours..they think booze was involved because they could smell it on the lady that enter the freeway going the wrong way..unfortunately, she was killed along with a young person trying to help her get her care turned around to go in the right direction..that person was also killed...makes me so sad..

Needless to say, it's been a very bad couple of weeks and I'm ready for things to settle down..thank goodness, my loved ones are all safe..

I'm still trying to find out if I can get the Whooping Cough booster..no one seems to know..I called my RA doctor but he hasn't called back..so looks like another call to him...the news said that another infant died this week of this horrible disease..I just don't want anything to happen to my granddaughter..so, I may just go ahead and get the shot and not worry about what it may or may not do to my immune system.

And speaking of my RA doctor, I will be looking for someone new..when I called his office and spoke to the lady on the phone, I asked her about the Whooping Cough shot for RA patients..guess what she said, "what is RA"....(falling on the floor!!) I couldn't believe what I heard!!! Maybe SHE'S the reason I haven't heard back from him!!

Not much good news in the way of the vineyard..the irrigation isn't working like it should and alot of the vines are pretty thirsty...my husband works like a dog out there trying to get the water to flow..but, with the coyotes still coming in and chewing on the lines, it's almost impossible to keep up with all the broken lines..

Looks like harvest is going to be late this year..sheeeech!!

Anne Theresa..
    Is your computer up and running? I hope so..ours died last week but my husband was able to get it up and going..however, it still isn't acting like it should..

I'm glad your son loves working in the vineyards..it's a great job if one likes to work outdoors, which I do..however, he must take care to protect himself against the harsh sun..I learned how to dress from my crews a long time ago..so, when I'm out working, I dress like some alien..hat, gloves, sunglasses, long sleeved shirt/or light weight sweatshirt, long pants, and boots...people aske me, "aren't you hot", I'm really not..I'm insulated from the heat.....where is the vineyard that your son works?

Ellen..glad to hear you're doing ok..wish you were feeling better than ok, tho...several years ago, I had a slight baldder control problem and I started taking Vit E..800 units daily..and it seems to have helped alot..I take Vit E for hot flashes as well..do you take Vit E? However, your doctor will know best..keep us posted..

Terri..I'm so envious of you and Ellen..I've always wanted to can fruits and veggies, but, was always afraid I would mess things up..like, not getting the jars sealed properly..so, I never did get into canning....and congratulations on becoming a grandma again...I never knew how special grandchildren were until I got my first grandchild 7 weeks ago..I just can't get enough of her..

Molly...think of you and your little guy often..how is he doing in 3rd grade? I'm sure he loves it..and how about you..are you able to have a bit more free time for yourself?

My granddaughter is just adorable and getting so big..I can't get enough of her (sorry, I'm repeating myself LOL!)..still can't believe she's a red head and has a temper to match!! LOL..

I hope I haven't left anyone out in my responses..I don't know how to look at previous posts and then to respond to them..I have to use my memory..sheeech, which is a joke..and sometimes I forget things and don't respond...is that the way you all have to do it?..there has to be an easier way...

Ok..gotta scoot..going to try and clean the bathrooms today..ugggg..and finish laundry..

Take care everyone and would love to hear from all of you...