What's on your "To Do" list Jan 11 to Jan 17th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jan 10, 2010.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Molly I hope you get a chance to read my last post on last week's list. Hoping things are calming down with you.

Ellen it was good to hear from you and on your new laptop!

I'm happy to report that my weaning off of Effexor is going great. In fact I feel much better, happier and like someone lifted a huge wool blanket off of my head now.

I've weaned faster than I was supposed to but I didn't feel any need to continue at the slower pace. If I wasn't going out today I wouldn't have taken any at all today and it's only been since Wed or Thurs of last week!

I'm done with my adrenal urine test (had to pee in a jug all day yesterday) so now I have my Ritalin back and tonight my Trazadone too. I'm looking forward to getting a better night's sleep again.

Although it's still snowing and I'm not sure if Stuttgart has any salt yet for the roads, I'm going to be hopeful and get out for my monthly facial today. I need to shop for some better boots too so there's a double reason for going out, not to mention the out of this world spaghetti carbonara at the mall.

Katy wants to go with me to shop a bit too so hopefully we'll have a nice morning out.

Hugs all,

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

I'm glad you feel well Nancy and that the medication withdrawal has had such a positive effect. I hope you enjoyed your facial and had a nice morning out.

My fatigue was beyond what I could fight yesterday and I basically sat in my chair all day. I couldn't even muster the energy to feed myself until about 6 p.m. when I managed to reheat a slice of pizza. Thankfully, I feel better this morning and I should be able to accomplish most of my to-do list.

To Do List

shower & shampoo
    make bed
    clean bunny cage
    tidy apt., vacuum
    email change of address info
    drop script off at pharmacy
    take bus to Weight-Watchers meeting
    (a friend gives me a lift home after the meeting)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Normally I would be spending the day with Jim. We usually get together on Weds., but he has an appt. with his general practitioner doctor in the small town where his group home is. Lela, one of the group home workers, is taking him to the appt. We are fortunate that there is a doctor in the town and that he takes people with medicaid. So Jim and I will get together tomorrow instead, weather permitting. I have heard of possible ice in the morning before it changes to rain so that could change our plans.

Today it is bright and sunny, but still only in the 20's. I've been fighting a mild cold the past week. I've got cold medication. I've been at the library for awhile. I was on the library's computers first as I had things to print off-some grocery coupons and I finally updated my Christmas card address list. I had so many people who had either moved, died, had a spouse who had died, had written new people in, etc. So that's a good job done.

I haven't heard anything about the job in Tecumseh I applied for during the holidays so I'm guessing I won't get an interview. I did a lot at home on Monday as far as cleaning goes-dusting and vacuuming. Yesterday I was gone quite a bit-I did my volunteer job at the library, had my monthly lunch with my lady friends and swimming later in the afternoon.

Today I had some computer work to do and I wanted to say "hi" to all of you! I didn't have any problems getting into the Internet today, thank goodness. I also need to go to the hardware store to get some paint samples. I have three small painting projects to do. A couples of years ago a bought a small table for the basement. I like the color, but it is a little banged up. So I need to sand it and repaint it. Also, I want to repaint our bird house and I also have a little cement rabbit that I put in my flower garden every year that needs to be painted again. It's very old. It was my grandmother's. There is a picture taken in the '50's of my grandmother's flower garden and that rabbit is in the picture! So it has a sentimental value to me.

I also need to get started getting some of our medical things together for our taxes. I thought I would start this afternoon by adding up our prescriptions. Harry has been so busy, that he just doesn't have the time. I did it last year, too. Not much fun, but it has to be done.

Nancy: I am so glad that you are finally feeling better. It certainly has been a long haul for you. I hope you and Katy had a fun shopping trip.

Anne Theresa: I'm so sorry the fatigue really got to you. Have you been able to use the equipment and hot tub much lately?

Well, I had better be going. I don't want to spend all afternoon in the library!

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Ellen it was so good to hear from you. I hope you and Jim can have a nice day today.

Anne Theresa, sorry about your awful day. I hope you're feeling better now.

Yesterday I had another day from hell with all of the med changes. It was my first day without the Effexor, had gone back to my regular Trazadone dose the night before and I can't even begin to tell you how awful I felt.

I actually asked my husband to stay home from work with me and he did. I was afraid to be alone...had brain zaps, body zaps, numbness, tingling and dizziness along with a sick stomach too.

All I could do was lay still cause if I moved, everything started up again. I'm feeling more human today thankfully!

My goal is to get a shower/shampoo and hopefully help my housekeeper a bit if she's able to come with the snow so bad.

Hugs all...