What's on your 'To Do' list Jan 12 to Jan 18?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jan 11, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, having a bit of a rough time here at home. It's always very stressful here but when daughter's meds aren't working it gets worse.

To top that off I've been feeling really crappy lately and besides wondering about Addison's disease, I'm wondering if my allergy meds could be making me depressed too. It's a side effect of some of them so I need to make an appt to have this all checked out. Right now though, Katy's my priority....

Ellen, so sorry Jim's back in the hospital and was off his meds. I can only imagine how bad it must have been for hospitalization to be necessary.

So sorry I forgot to read the last thread before I started this one.....have missed you all.

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- I hope you can also take care of yourself. I know you put Katy first, but please see about getting yourself better. I checked into Addison's once for my son, and I think there was a simple blood test you could have for it. He didn't have it. But it was good to know.

Linda- Sorry I haven't been on as much....life gets crazy! There was a bit of flooding in our area, but none of it affected us. My son had two days off of work, due to road closures. He just couldn't get there, but he wasn't too upset to miss work. He's still a kid in a lot of respects!

To do:
    Get boys off to jazz band
    Get hubby off to work
    Boys need haircuts
    Fix something easy for dinner (???)
    Take care, everyone and check in soon-

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling still and that Katy is, as well. I'll keep you both in my prayers. I hope Samson is providing some TLC, God bless.

Linda, it's good to see you. I'm sorry your sleep is still not good. I've kept to my new year's resolution to go to bed earlier & use trazadone regularly. My sleep has improved somewhat, though I'm still up & down through the night and the daily fatigue is an ongoing issue.

I was so tired and fatigued on Sunday that I had to opt out of the family function. I don't like having to cancel plans but I really needed the downtime. I feel better for the rest.

My youngest will be turning thirty this year. It's amazing, isn't it? to have a child that age when surely we're not much older than that ourselves :) I hope your son with CFS begins to feel better and that you do, as well.

Terri, I'm glad you weren't effected by the flooding in your area. Years ago, our local river over-flowed and the entire downtown area was under five feet of water. The damage was in every store & restaurant - what a complete mess! My heart goes out to anyone effected by such devastation.

put dishes away, clean counters & sink
    organize photos for scrapbooks
    elliptical machine
    swiffer hardwood floors
    organize dresser drawers
    appointment with denturist

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2009]
  4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Welp this is truely what my life has been like. I even had the two screens up.

My short version:
    Had breast thermography and will get results in two weeks. Nurse mentioned all the bloodwork showed I was low in iron, vitamin D and thyroid. Within normal but low. So when I see dr he will help put me on more supplements or whatever to help.

Taking my 6 yo baby boy to psychiatrist tomorrow. We are concerned he may have a tic. Behaviorist wants to rule out b/f we punish him for something he can't control. I will also discuss medications which we have never wanted to even consider. But since I'm there I will listen to what she has to say.

No baby shower. Neighbor had baby on Friday! Dropped off gift and will have shower in few weeks.

I think I have PTSD from our IEP meeting w/the school district Dec 16th. I awake thinking and going over the meeting every single night/morning. I am so angry that they treated us so badly. I have a lot of decisions to make on my next move.

Going to conference on Thursday and Friday if I'm able. A great speaker on social skills for kids with ASD.

Nancy-sorry your not feeling well and have to put Katy first. I know how hard that is. I'm wishing the best for you all.

Anne Theresa-So sorry about the fatigue. It is so awful to have. Your theater bed and breakfast plan sounds so nice. I envy that.

Grammy-I so hope you can find a place to stay with your dogs. I don't think you should stay with your hubby, IMHO.

Terri-Your life sounds busy but happy and healthy!

Linda-Sorry you are in a bad flare. Hopefully you can use a heating pad and take an epsom salt bath. Congrats on your baby's 30th b-day!

Sorry if I missed anyone. I'm sending hugs your way.

5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, today is the start of the spring semester at work. It's nice to have the professors and students back. I worked a long day on Friday as there was so much to do to get ready for the new semester. And the extra money is nice. It's good that I have improved physically that I can work a full day now and then. But when I get home I need to lay down right away as I am tired.

We had a quiet weekend and a snowy one. We did manage to get out on Saturday to go out for lunch and see a movie at the theatre, but then spent the rest of the day at home. The snow was really coming down. I didn't see Jim until Sunday when the roads were cleared. He was doing a little better. At least this time he wasn't crying and talking about his life not being worth living and wishing he would die soon. I even was able to get him to smile a couple of times.

It makes it hard as I am pretty much his only visitor. My oldest brother, Tom, has visited him once, but my sister, Janet, has not visited him at all so far. Usually she is good at visiting him while he's in the hospital, but she said that now that she's working full-time and her daughter-in-law mother is dying (why this really affects her I don't know), she didn't know if she would be able to get up to see Jim. And yet when I was at my worst with the FMS and our mother was sick, she expected me to be able to do so much for mom, but when it comes to her, she can't do a lot of things at one time. Oh, well. She has never been that concerned about Jim.
    As usual, it's just me handling things on my own. At least Harry and I didn't let Jim's hospitalization ruin our trip to the water park.

We had eight inches of snow over the weekend. On Sunday we visited Harry's sister and her husband. It was their youngest boys' birthday. He's a teenager so we just gave him money which made him happy. We sang "happy birthday" to him and had cake and ice cream.

Another thing happened over the weekend, which both surprised and pleased me. Remember when Harry took out half of our emergency money fund and put it into his own checking account where I couldn't have access to it? That was when I had said I was thinking of leaving him last summer, although I've been telling him many times since that I really would not leave him.

Well, he wrote me a check for the amount of the money and gave the money back to me! He said to just put the money back into the account it was in. I was so surprised. It shows me that he is trusting me again.

Nancy: I'm so sorry that both you and Katy are not doing well. I know that it's a mother's priority to put her children first, but I hate to see you neglect yourself, too. But I sometimes tend to do that with Jim, too.

Anne Theresa: I'm sorry you weren't able to go to your family party since you weren't feeling up to it.

Linda: How is your son doing? You mentioned in your post that he was going through a hard time with his CFS. I hate pain in the shoulder blades-it's one of my worst areas.

Molly: Good luck on your breast test. Let us know your results.

Well, I better get back to work.

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Molly. I understand your frustration at loosing a post - it's happened to me more than once. Now I always make sure I save the post (to my clipboard) so I can paste it easily should it go astray when I post. I hope your appointment goes well today and that the doctor is helpful. Your sure do have your hands full with that little guy.

I'm sorry you're still troubled by the meeting, but I relate to the experience of post-meeting trauma. This used to happen to me (on a lesser scale, I'm sure) during my work-life, I attended many high-stress meetings (dealing with people in crisis) and sometimes I'd be sleepless for days afterward. I expect you'll feel better after you've met again and have had your say. I hope you're able to attend the conference and that you find it interesting and enjoyable.

Ellen, we've had lots of winter weather here, as well. My desire to hibernate is strong. I'm glad Jim's improved a bit and I hope he recovers well. You are a blessing in his life; of this I'm sure. You must be so happy the relationship with Harry has come full circle. The money returned is a nice gesture of love and trust. You've worked hard to bring about a positive change and you deserve every happiness.

My main to-do today is my Weight-Watchers meeting. Before that I'd like to

swiffer the floors
    clean the washroom
    work on scrapbook project
    elliptical machine
    make a phone call to the bank

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm feeling sorry for my son- he had wanted to spend 4 days up in Canada, seeing his girlfriend. Problems arose- we couldn't get to his birth certificate since it was locked up in a safe and my hubby was unreachable. Now he's having car problems, so it looks like he won't make it. He is so disappointed! Ah, yes- to be in love!

I have a few errands to run.....son for allergy shot, pay bills, etc.
    I only have two piano students on Wednesday, so I'll have time to fix something nice for dinner. What will it be? I don't know yet......maybe pizza. We haven't had that in a month of Sundays.

Better go- talk to you later.
  8. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

To do:

Hair cut and highlighted today! Yipee

Must call educational consultant (total procrastination/avoidance here)

E-mail son's teacher to cancel volunteering tomorrow due to conference

Pick up son and do homework

Behavioral tutor in-home appointment today

Daddy will take son to cub scouts den meeting (break out the wine!)

Yesturdays psychiatrist appointment went okay. My head is just spinning from it though. I don't understand everything yet and have to decide some things. We will see her in 2 wks and she will spend all the time with my son at that meeting. I'm sorta full up in the brain dept.

Ellen-I'm glad you are back at work and enjoying it. That is nice news about Harry and the $. I am really sorry you get the full burden of your brother. My husband has the same and I know how much pressure he feels. He is really worried about what will happen once their mom passes away. Husbands two sisters live out of state and don't help much anyway. At least there is a special needs trust for my BIL. I hope Jim finds the right meds and is feeling better soon.

Anne Theresa-OK, what is a clipboard? you see where I'm coming from(lol), the dinosaur era. Ha Ha! Thanks for all you kind words of support.

Terri-sounds like a nice day planned ahead and yum pizza is our favorite. Although ours is gluten and casein free (lol). Sorry your son is bummed out.

9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all.

I'm happy to have a day at home today. Given the weather (bitter-cold with tons of snow), not having to go outside is a treat.

Molly: It's easy to cut & paste. Here's how:

To save your post on the clipboard
    (the clipboard is a holding area for data, you can't see it)

you need to first highlight your post
    (to highlight your post click anywhere on the post, then click 'ctrl' & 'a')

then, when your post is highlighted, click 'ctrl' and 'c'.

A copy of your post is then said to be 'on the clipboard' and so
    if you lose your original post, you just have to paste the copy to the new post

(To paste, first click on the page where you want to put the copy, then click 'ctrl and v')

Give it a try and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your new hairdo!

Terri, your son's long-distance relationship is bound to bring, in addition to happiness and joy, some heartache now and then. My sister is in that situation and she says it's tough not to spend time (especially holidays) together. I hope he gets the opportunity to see his sweetheart soon. Mmmm, pizza.

Last night's Weight-Watchers meeting was good. I lost a pound. I hope and pray I can say the same next week and beyond. Being this heavy (240 lbs.) is simply awful - I can't put on my socks anymore and my back is killing me daily.

I've finished my daily housework and so I plan to spend a good part of the afternoon, reading and working on my scrapbooks. I also need to make up my weekly pill dispensers.

This week I'm going to experiment with potassium supplements because I don't take in enough of this nutrient (I used an on line nutrition tracker and learned that I don't take in the RDA). My hope (as always) is for an increase in energy.

God bless,

10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Today's to do list is a mile long so I hope I can continue to feel semi-human so I can get some things done.

I need to go to Tri-Care, we had to pay for Katy's meds yesterday and we're not supposed to have to do that. (about $1000.00) I'm out of a few of my meds as well. Need to grocery shop, it's been ages since I've been up to a major trip to the grocery store.

Terri, sorry about your son's trip I'm sure it will be a disappointment if he doesn't get to go.

Ellen, I hope Jim's doing better since he should be getting his meds while hospitalized. And I'm glad Harry's starting to take steps to make your marriage better. It will never be enough if only one person is trying hard.

Molly, bless you...you always have so much on your plate. Take some time and enjoy being pampered a bit. I love having my hair done....it's all for me!

Anne Theresa, I hope the potassium supplements help you. I know they can help with pain if you're not getting enough.

And thank you all for reminding me that I do need to take care of myself too....I know that, I really do but I've been feeling so crappy that it's hard to take care of both of us at the same time. With her divorce lawyer appts, doctor visits, almost running out of meds etc.....those are the things that I concentrated on the last few weeks.

She's in another med change again, readjusting her dosages etc.....I hope it goes well.

Hugs all,

11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Nancy, I'm glad you feel able to grocery shop today. Have fun (if you can) and be careful not to overdo it. I hope you find resolution with tri-care, without too much red tape to endure.

I hope Katy's most recent med change brings about a good and prolonged recovery.
    I have a friend with mental health issues and she speaks well of her on line peer support group. Given Katy's writing skills, a message-board format could be a helpful support for her. Just a thought.

I have a massage therapy session scheduled for this afternoon - hoping it helps with these painful spasms in my lower/mid back. After the massage, I need to pick up a few groceries (thankfully, there's a grocery store in the same mini-mall) ingredients for the soup I intend to make for dinner.

To Do

swiffer/mop floors
    empty wastebaskets
    elliptical machine
    massage appointment/groceries
    make soup

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My son made the trip......his car problems were resolved, and everything fell into place. He raced out of here in a hurry. Their family is very hospitable toward him.....he enjoys going to visit.

Gotta leave and take Mother to the podiatrist.....take care, everyone!
  13. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I just realized that it's been since Monday that I've been on the board and I didn't want to end the week without talking to all of you. Today should be a quieter day (thank goodness-I don't get too many of those!) so I decided to get on here and see what all of you are up to.

Yesterday was quite a day. Harry and I got up early as I had a dr. appt. with the FMS dr. in Ann Arbor. We ended up being about ten minutes late for the appt. as there was an accident on the expressway and, of course, that slowed traffice down. Fortunately, it wasn't a serious accident and it happened not long before we had to get off.

Dr. Vallance filled out my application for the disability placard as it is about to expire. I need to go to the Secretary of State's office to get a new placard today. I was the only patient there and was taken right in. The appt. only took about 15 minutes, which was nice.

Then on my way to work, I got into an accident! It wasn't serious, just a fender bender, but it was my fault. The weather here has been so cold that the salt just isn't melting ice. I was coming up to a stoplight and tried to slow down (fortunately I wasn't going fast), but I hit a patch of ice and couldn't stop and hit the car in front of me. It's amazing how hard you can hit someone even when going 20 MPH. She had no damage and my damage wasn't too bad, but I will need a new front fender.

By the time the police came and took the report, it was getting late. Harry was surprised I didn't get a ticket. But I think I didn't because it's been so cold here that the salt just isn't working on the ice so I couldn't really help it. It's been way below zero. This morning is our coldest yet-minus fifteen below zero! Now that's cold!

Then when I got to work there was a large project from Cathie Royer that had to be done before I left so I missed my pool class and had to work until late. I did manage to leaver early enough to do to the body shop and they gave me an estimate on the car so Harry can go to our insurance company today. Yes, Harry is still layed off from his job so he's got lots of time. I asked him to strip the beds and throw the sheets and towels in the washer and dryer and he said he would to help me out.

Cathie Royer and some students have gone to an art exhibit today so it should be quieter today as she is one person who gives me a lot of work. After yesterday, I just feel tired and could use a quiet day.

Also, Jim got out of the hospital two days ago. Harry said that the group home had called the house hoping I could pick him up and take him home. Why they think I can just leave work and do this, I don't know. People seem to forget that I have a job! I was surprised that he got out so soon as I didn't think he was doing that well. But maybe they decided that since he was taking the medication, he was ready to leave.

Nancy: So how is Katy doing? Any improvements with the medication? Jim has an appt. with his dr. next week. I hope he doesn't give everyone a hard time about going.

Terri: I'm so glad that everything worked out for your son and he was able to leave to see his girlfriend.

Anne Theresa: My top weight was 224 and I know I didn't feel as good as that weight, either. Congratulations on your weight loss! I know it's small, but at least you are headed in the right direction.

To-do list:

-buy Jim's birthday present
    -get a new placard at Secretary of State's office
    -get gas (done)
    -stop at bank
    -put new sheets on beds

I have Monday off for Martin Luther King's birthday so I have a nice long weekend! See you Tuesday!

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Well, I got everything done that I wanted to on Thursday, that felt triumphant!!! Yesterday went well too, we shopped and had lunch out.

So far, so good on the med change.....they're lowering her Seroquel, her doc thinks her doses are too high. They've also added an AD for her mornings and this pill is supposed to help with energy also.

Anne Theresa, I hope your massage appt went well and that it helped with your back pain. Have you ever seen the Therma Care pads? They wrap around your back and give heat for hours and hours.

Ellen, I'm so glad you weren't hurt in your accident and that they didn't give you a ticket. Something tells me that in weather like that, they must have quite a few of those accidents.

Terri, glad your son made it out safely.

Grammy, I hope things continue to go well for you...you deserve the best.

My to do list for today is a mile long again.....I want my house back!!!

That means all Christmas items and bins have to go down to storage.

Having a pup in the house means I have toys all over the place and we need some good organization before this drives me nuts.

Ton of laundry to do and just general clean up around here.

Hugs all,

15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I slept late, the perfect thing for a winter morning. I'm glad to stay home and hibernate today. Going out for a massage on Thursday, and a manicure yesterday, was treacherous. Twice I almost fell. What I dislike most about winter is the world outside my house becomes nearly inaccessible.

Terri, I'm glad your son got to make his trip to Canada to see his sweetie. It's nice the girl's family is hospitable. My daughter-in-law's family has always been kind and hospitable toward my son and it means the world to me.

Ellen, I'm glad you weren't hurt but even the smallest accident can shake up your system so please take extra good care. I hope Jim's early discharge doesn't have an ill-effect. Hopefully the meds will continue to bring about an improved sense of well-being. Thanks for your ongoing support. Enjoy your long weekend!

Grammy27, I hope and pray your future is a good one. I hope you're feeling better and getting up and about without too much trouble. Hugs.

Nancy, I know the feeling of triumph that comes with accomplishing errands & chores. Good for you! It sounds like Katy's med change is taking hold - I hope it continues to help. Yes, I've tried the Therma-care, they're lovely. I must remember to purchase some when I'm out over the weekend. Enjoy re-claiming your space from Christmas clutter and puppy toys. My house is particularly messy today so I'll be doing some cleaning & tidying as well.

- begin box for charity
    - tidy living-room
    - make bed
    - empty wastebaskets
    - swiffer floors
    - water houseplants
    - swhish washroom
    - put dishes away, clean counter & sinks
    - clean stove-top
    - shower & shampoo

There's a new restaurant up the street; fresh foods, salads & pitas. If I feel up to it tomorrow, we're going to try it out. It's close to the grocery store and pharmacy so we can shop afterward.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa