What's on your 'To Do List' Jan 14 Jan 20?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jan 13, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all....

I thought I'd go ahead and start this thread although I'm not sure what I'm doing today yet.

I need to water my plants and I'd love to get busy sewing again.

I've had a partial migraine just hanging around for a few days so that'll help me decide what to do today.

Kim, we haven't heard from you in awhile, is everything ok?

Hugs all,

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, ladies, this is the last time you will hear from me in awhile. The hospital called me twice on Friday and my surgery won't be until 3:30 in the afternoon tomorrow! There are two children ahead of me so that's why my surgery got bumped ahead until late afternoon. I was afraid this might happen. The nurse suggested that I eat a big meal at midnight tonight since I can't eat all day tomorrow.

I have a friend who used to be a surgical nurse (who has FMS, too and can't work any more). She said to ask when they call today if I can eat some dry toast tomorrow morning since the surgery is so late. They did say I can sip some water until 6:00 a.m. I did tell my husband I can go vote tomorrow since my surgery is so late.

So please keep me in your prayers that this surgery is successful that that I get all my hearing back in my right ear. As soon as I feel up to it, I will go to the library and let you know how I am doing. I am off from work until January 22nd.

I know I will miss all of you!

3. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Ellen...on top of list is prayers for you...

linda...you've got your hands full this week, hope everybody get better.

Nancy...I have been thinking of making a new quilt, I haven't made on this year.

to do list...

try to get everything put back in place...daughter moved back to the dorm and things are really a mess here.

water plants
    grocery shop
    try to get new tires for my blazer
    order medicine
    I've got a couple of new Dean Koontz books to read...hopefully I can get started on them

good week to all
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, Thanks for getting us started this week. I hope your headache goes away and that you're able to have a good day.

My thoughts & prayers are with you Ellen. I'm glad you have a good block of time off work to recoup & recover. I pray the surgery is successful and gives you back your hearing.

Linda, it seems like several issues have come to light at once, putting you in the midst of it all. Not the best time for a flare, that's for sure. Be sure to make your own needs a priority and take good care of you.

Lacey, I didn't know you made quilts. What a wonderful skill and creative outlet! I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy your reading today. Reading is my very favourite to-do!

I've done nothing today, beyond returning a few emails. I'm not up to much but I'll try to accomplish the following:

empty wastebaskets & kitchen garbage
    vacuum hallway - I'll probably delegate, my back's too sore
    swiffer hardwood
    put dishes away
    clean kitchen counters & sinks
    swipe washroom
    watch American idol

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

Have been under the weather since before Christmas..can't seem to shake this cold and cough..been to the doctor..and you know how that goes!!

Ellen: you will certainly be in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care and let us hear from you when you're feeling better.

Linda: so sorry to hear that your mom isn't feeling well..and your son, too..sounds like a very busy week for you.

Lacy: I love quilts..wish I had the talent to make one..so the next best thing I do is watch "Simply Quilts" on HGTV and get "pea-green" with envy!!!

AnneTheresa: I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well..hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.
    I think of your son often when I'm out in the vineyard..how is he doing? Our vineyard is still "asleep", but there is still alot of work to do before it wakes up..

Nancy: Hope you are feeling well..I saw in the previous post that you had made pizza..I luv pizza..I think I could eat it 24/7..however, my hips wouldn't like it very much if I did!!

My "to do" list is pretty empty..I'm lucky if I get the laundry done.

I will try and respond to everyone from past posts in the next day or two..right now, it's time for meds.

Take care and I hope all of you start feeling better tomorrow..you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all....

Ellen, of course we'll be thinking about you and your surgery and hoping for a speedy recovery and great results. When you get a chance, let us know how it goes.

Wren, I hope you get things worked out with your MIL. What a mess....

JB, good to see you posting again. Hope all is well with you too.

Linda, sorry to hear that you're in a flare....hope you can hang in there for all you have going on, but please rest and take care of yourself too.

Anne Theresa, I know you haven't been feeling well for awhile now. Hope things change for you soon.

I'm still hoping to get back to sewing soon. Also want to have a steak dinner this week so we can invite our friend over one more time before he leaves.

Hugs all,

7. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I like the idea of this thread. Maybe if I put it down here, I won't forget what I'm supposed to be doing today lol!

1. Do laundry (okay, I've done this already, but at least I can mark something off my list, right?)

2. Wake up kiddos and get them to school (should be waking them at this very moment)

3. Throw something in the crock pot for supper.

4. Go to work - try to clean my office there if I have time - yeah right!

5. Pick up children from school, help with homework and instruct them to clean the bathrooms.

6. Crash!

Just reading the list makes me tired. Maybe I should crash first ;)
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Welcome, Annie! Glad to have you here....I think you're a pretty busy lady, what with twins and a job. I have twins too...mine are 12 yr. old boys. Fraternal, in every respect. I mean, they are different in looks and personality. Plus, I am homeschooling them, which keeps me busy, as you know!

Ellen- I'm praying that your surgery goes well.....some hospitals have a computer for the patients...maybe you'll find one.

Linda- Sounds like you'll have a busy week. I hope everyone gets better so you can have a break!

Nancy- I made pizza myself the other night. Have you ever tried making them on flour tortillas? They really turn out good- thin and crispy crusts. Just watch them so they don't burn.

My MIL is probably returning home to Iowa this Saturday. I think the weather will be better than the last try, so she'll be OK. Please pray for her safe travel, as she doesn't like the trip.

I've got to get the kids up and moving-
    Take care,
  9. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I am bowling as a sub on a league tonight so I will do nothing at all today so I'll be able to have energy to bowl.

Last year I was a regular league member but had to quit because of the fatigue and constant groin pulls. So I'm glad to be able to throw the ball again. Hopefully I won't injur myself.
  10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

It's good to see you, JB. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Sometimes those cold & coughs can hang on for a heck of a long time but, hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Thanks for asking about my son, Steve. Here's a brief update: He saw the surgeon in November and was told that his eye hasn't finished healing. The doctor wants to see the final heal before he considers surgery so another appointment's been booked for February.

There has been much improvement though - thank God - and Steve can now see without always using the eye-patch (used to counteract double-vision) except when his eyes get tired or he reads. We're hoping surgery will not be necessary as it may or may not help and carries its own set of risks.

Wren, I'm appalled by the thought of people taking financial advantage of the elderly. Your mom-in-law is fortunate to have you on her side, willing to fight against such an unfair practice.

Going to the media may be a good idea, not only to benefit your own case but to expose the methods by which such 'legal' sales can be criminal in spirit. Please take care of yourself during this stressful time and keep us posted.

Nancy, I hope you enjoy your sewing projects. I envy your friends & family who are the fortunate recipients of your pajama pants. Especially this time of year - when my old house is colder than it should be - the idea of warm, flannelet p.j.'s is most appealing. I hope you have a fun dinner with your friend, before he has to leave.

Welcome Annie. I agree with you that to-do list-making is a good way to remember what needs to be done. This thread has been a great help for me. Through using this thread, I've learned to pace my chores and activities so that I don't overdo it and suffer all the more.

Typically, throughout the day I work for a bit, then rest for a bit and I'm amazed at how much I can accomplish by working this way. Alternately, I've learned to accept my bad days and rest as I need to, without worrying about all that needs to be done. It's a great thread with wonderful support, as I'm sure you'll come to realize.

Terri, I'll say a prayer for your MIL's safe journey home. I'm sure her leaving will create mixed feelings for you and your family. I also love tortilla pizza's, they make for an easy snack or meal. Pita bread also makes a nice, thin & crisp pizza shell.

Enjoy your bowling game, Kathleen. I'm also saving most of today's energy for an outing early this evening. Pre-emptive rest is important and key for my being able to do things outside the home.

This evening I plan to go shopping (with a dear & supportive friend) so I'll keep my to-list light & easy and save room for an afternoon nap.

swiffer floors
    swipe washroom
    clean pet feeding areas
    make grocery list
    read & rest
    dress, hair, make-up
    drop boxes off at Goodwill

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I should NOT have gone bowling tonight! That's all I have to say.....just take a guess as to why...LOL!
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all,

Welcome Kathleen, I'm sorry to hear that bowling wasn't a good idea for you. I can't imagine having the strength to go out and bowl a few games. Hope you recover soon!

Annie...what a day you had planned. I can't imagine getting all of that done in one day.

Terri, yes I have made pizzas like you described. I used to make my veggie pizzas that way, fold them over and add cheeses on top to melt while in the oven, yum!

Ellen, keeping you in my thoughts and hoping your surgery went well.

Anne Theresa, thanks for the update on your son. I do hope everything goes well and that he continues to heal.

Yesterday I did manage to get back to sewing so I made myself a pair of cute jammy pants and one for our friend as well. We had him over for chili for dinner and great fun was had by all.

Today my daughter might be coming in so I have no idea how my day will go. But I do have plans to make the steak dinner tonight.

My husband and I have been considering adding another puppy to our home so I've been busy with online research and writing to breeders. Dixie's breeder has a pup we could have so today I'll be busy weighing the cost issues in my head.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  13. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

Good morning everyone!

Terry - My twins are completely different also. I have a boy and a girl. However they are also completely inseparable. If I can find a picture of them, I will put it in my bio.

Anne Theresa - I still need to learn how to pace myself. On good days I try to "make up" for the bad days, then I pay for it the next day. Hopefully this thread will help. Today is going to be a rough day no matter what.

Wren - I am praying for you and your MIL. How horrible that someone would do that!

Nancy - I did not get it all done. My bathrooms remain neglected. My kids were late for school, and my office did not get cleaned (I did work, though) However, I did crash :) At least that is something I can cross off my list - lol.

To do today:

1. Get kids up and off to school - early
    2. Doctor appt - maybe I can get some pain meds.
    3. Work - not even going to try to clean office today.
    4. Pick up kids and monitor homework.
    5 Go to church for dinner and Bible study
    6. Music practice for Sunday (I sing and play keyboard)
    7. Go home and crash.

My poor house is getting the raw end of the deal lately. If I had the money, I would hire housekeeping help. By the time I get home, I'm totally out of energy. Any ideas of what I can do?
  14. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Is there a teenager in your church looking for work? I think you could get some housekeeping help cheaper than you think.....I know of someone who cleans houses for only about ten dollars an hour, and it takes about two hours to do a house. Of course, you have to have it all picked up first, which was my problem.....My husband paid for me to have some help when the twins were born, but then the people that came quit, and we never got anyone else, or else I was feeling better.

Take my MIL on a few errands
    Fix dinner.....chicken with black bean sauce
    Go to Ladies' Bible Study

I hope we get an update on Ellen's surgery soon...

Take care,
  15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Even with lots of pain, I had a nice time shopping with my friend last eve. Spending time with her always lifts my spirits. We just love going to the dollar-store and I buy a lot of my household items there (dish-soap, garbage bags, paper towels, tooth-paste, hand-soap, etc.). Much Fun & Great savings.

Oh my dear, Kathleen, my heart goes out to you. In my younger & healthier days, I always felt stiff & sore after bowling (something I only used to do a few times per year). I can only imagine those same after-bowling aches & pains in concert with fibromyalgia. Ouch! Take extra good care and - if you're able to get in and out of your bathtub - perhaps an epsom salt & peroxide bath would be helpful.

Oh Nancy! a new puppy would be so much fun! I grew up with dogs and I simply love them. Sweetie is fearful of dogs and so instead of a canine companion, I have cat/bunny/turtle (who I love immensely). I hope you have a nice day today.

Annie, it took me a long time to get the hang of pacing. I used to over-do on a good day, then suffer the consequences. I no longer work outside the home (long-term disability) and my children are adults now, so I'm able to spread my chores out throughout the day, take frequent rest breaks etc.

With your busy life & blessings, it would be ideal if you could find someone to help you around the house at a nominal cost. If you have a fibromyalgia network in your area, you may want to make inquiries there. They may have a listing of available helpers, paid and/or volunteer.

Terri, I hope you have a good visit with your mother-in-law and an enjoyable bible study. That, alongside home-schooling & making dinner makes for a big & busy day. I hope you find some me-time (I'm a great believer in me-time!) along the way. Take good care.

I've procrastinated with doing the floors so I'll make that my top priority today. Also,

tidy linen shelves
    change water in goldfish bowl
    polish furniture (desk, dresser & living-room tables)
    go for a walk or use elliptical machine
    shower & shampoo

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  16. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I had a good time at the Bible study last night. It's good to get out with other women and share experiences.

AnneTheresa- I think my early morning computer time is my "me" time! I really enjoy talking with all of you and I'm definitely "addicted"!

Linda- haven't heard from you much lately- how are you doing? I remember that you had both your mother and your son to take to dr. appointments- how did those go? You're probably whipped now.

The wind is howling outside now and it will be a cold morning. I've already started gazing at seed catalogs.....wishing for spring, I guess! I actually still have a pot of parsley in our greenhouse that is still going! Amazing.....

Take care, all-
  17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all...

Missed a day yesterday, just felt awful and crappy so I didn't get anything done. Hopefully today will be better.

Hopefully today will be a bit better so I can get at least some sewing done.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  18. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all....

Not much on my to do list for today, but hubby and I do need to go to our PX and pick up a few things.

He cleaned up the mold in our bedroom yesterday, we washed the curtains and will re-hang them later today.

Ellen, hope your surgery went well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Everyone else doing ok?