What's on your 'To Do' list Jan 19 to Jan 26?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jan 20, 2009.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all, I didn't see a thread for this week so I began this - if there is a thread and I missed it, I'll delete this one.

How is everyone ? I'm as well as I can be, given all the variables, including the weather which is miserable cold. I need to venture out for my WW meeting this eve., but thankfully, I get a ride to and from my doorstep so I won't have to bear too much of the cold. Brrrr.

Tuesday To-Do List

swiffer floors
    empty wastebaskets
    clean mirrors & screens
    organize cookbooks
    continue with scrapbooks
    make dinner
    WW meeting
    home to have dinner with Sweetie

I look forward to hearing from everyone.
    Stay warm.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Anne Theresa, thanks for getting the thread started this week. I spent most of yesterday in bed not feeling so well. I hope your WW meeting went well for you.

Katy has a doc appt today so I hope I can feel up to being out today. That's pretty much all that's on my to do list.

Hope to hear from the others as well.

Hugs all,

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,

Good job, Anne Theresa, on getting out in the cold to go to a fun WW meeting! I've been to those, and sometimes I hated the "cheerleader" atmosphere.....but it's to keep you motivated. I went to WW in the fall for a session, and have lost 15 pounds. I have a long way to go, but I'm not attending anymore. I believe I have a diet (for life) figured out, and I am doing OK on my own, so will not be spending the $$ there. Hubby feels the need to get back to meetings, however, so it will help me while I'm helping him!

I've been busy with home school, piano students, and the usual appointments with Mother. She will need to see her oncologist soon, but that will be nearby, so no problem. Some of her appointments take us out of town, but that's OK. It's not very often that we have to go.

Hope to hear from some more of you soon.....feel better, Nancy!
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

There's not too many people on here this week, myself included. I had Monday off from work for Martin Luther King's birthday so it was nice to have a long weekend. Jim and I got together on Monday. We went to see my girlfriend, Tina, (the one with the six kids!). She and I have been friends for many years. We were in high school together so our friendship goes back a long ways. After that, Jim and I went out for lunch. I don't know if it's the medication or what, but Jim was unusually quiet. He's normally talking up a storm.

Harry and I saw a movie on Saturday and went out to eat a couple of times, but we spent most of the time at home. With all the snow and very cold temperatures, we just felt like hibernating. This has certainly been a difficult winter. I was really aching on Sunday. I'm surprised I haven't had more days like that.

Jim has a dr. appt. with his psychiatrist this morning so I will need to leave work for awhile. Fortunately this hasn't been a really busy day for me so I don't feel too bad about leaving work. I have work to do, but for once I don't have a rush deadline, which is nice.

To-do list:

-Jim's dr. appt.
    -pick up Jim's birthday present (his birthday is January 25)
    -pick up a prescription
    -vacuum kitchen and bathroom

Harry is still layed off, but his boss asked him to work a two-day job so he won't be home until after midnight tonight so I have another evening to myself. I don't mind having some time to myself, but it will be nice to see him tomorrow.

Try to stay warm everyone and I'll try to get back on here again before the weekend!

P.S. Congrats, Terry, on the weight loss!

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all.

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear you spent yesterday sick in bed. That's what happened to me on Monday, I spent the entire day in bed.

I've decided to take your advice on topomax and I'm going to try to see the doctor about it this week. I hope it causes me to lose weight and helps with this horrible pain.

I hope Katy's appointment goes well and I hope you feel better soon. .

Congratulations Terri on losing fifteen pounds - good for you!

Ellen, I'm glad you enjoyed the long weekend. It's nice to keep & visit with with friends.

I concur with you about this being a bad winter. My pain has been so bad lately, in large part due to the weather, I'm sure.

Thankfully, I have no appointments or errands today so I can stay home and be warm.

Wednesday To-Do List

put dishes away, clean counters & sink
    clean garbage can
    clean/organize closet,
    add to box for Goodwill
    work on scrapbook
    read & rest
    left-overs for dinner

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I actually getting on here two days in a row! I'm happy to say that I have things to do at work, but I'm not overwhelmed and rushed liked so often I am. It's been nice to have a break from that the past week.

I had quite a time with Jim yesterday. I need to talk to Melissa, one of the workers at Jim's group home, to find out what's going on. She works tomorrow. It sounds like Jim has gone off the medication again. Jim had his doctor appt. yesterday, and, of course, I went like I do most of the time. Jim was very difficult during the appt. and wouldn't listen to Dr. Noble or to any of us. He was angry and quite excited. Dr. Noble is so patient with him. After the appt., then the nurse came and said it was time for his shot, which would only happen if he isn't taking his medication. A minute later they both came back and she said that Jim had refused. So proceedings began to take place to notify the Court (unfortunately it was over the noon hour and the judge couldn't be reached) for Jim to be taken back to the hospital. One of the administrators told Jim that the hospital was losing its patience with Jim since he just got out of the hospital a week ago and he's been in the hospital several times already. The next step will be to send him to the state hospital in Kalamazoo, which is a good two hours away. I told Jim I wouldn't be able to see him then.

Lela (the woman from the group home who brings Jim to his dr. appts.) and I tried talking to Jim, but of course it didn't do any good. Jim kept refusing and said he would fight the police when they came. My brother has changed so much. He used to be so cooperative. Now all he wants to do is fight. I didn't know what to do. Stay and miss more work or just leave? Lela cancelled some of her other appts. to stay with Jim.

Then suddenly out of the blue, Jim agreed to have the shot. The bad thing is that Jim will have to have the shot every two weeks as the medication only lasts two weeks. I hope it won't be such an awful struggle next time.

Nancy: So how are you feeling now? Any changes with Katy? I hope she's doing better than Jim is.

Anne Theresa: I wish I could have stayed at home today. After yesterday, I just feel worn out. At least it was warmer this morning when I got up-17 degrees!

Grammy: I'm glad there haven't been any more incidents with your husband. Take care.

To-do list:

-finish unloading dishwasher
    -vacuum carpet upstairs
    -empty wastebaskets upstairs and put out garbage
    -pool therapy class
    -long nap

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Grammy27, I'm glad you're getting some good sleep. After doing too much, sleep's the only thing that helps. I've been more of my usual tired lately too and I've been sleeping a lot.
    I hope your appointment on Friday goes well and that your ankle continue to heal.

Ellen, You've certainly had your hands full lately. I'm glad Jim relented and chose to take the medication. At least now, he doesn't have to go back to the hospital. God bless him. Take care, Ellen and stay warm.

I slept late today and have been slow to get moving.

To-do Thursday

continue organizing cookbooks
    and preparing goodwill box
    put dishes away etc,
    clean washroom
    tidy living room, bedroom
    work on scrapbooks

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear that Jim's being difficult again. I've noticed since they've dropped 100mgs from Katy's Seroquel that she's angry a lot more often. I think pissy would be the correct word for it.

But we had a good day yesterday, snuck out and did some shopping. I know it sounds like fun and we did have a blast, but it's getting tiresome to buy new clothes every two weeks because of the continued weight loss. I only bought one pr of jeans yesterday, it's disheartening to have them fall off a few weeks after I buy them.

And yes, I've made an appt with my doc. He and I need to have a serious talk about the weight loss. Although I was always a very skinny person all of my life (I never could give blood, was too tiny) it hasn't been that way for years and the constant drop has me very concerned, not celebrating like I should be. I wish I could enjoy this....

Anne Theresa, sorry you haven't been feeling well again....I'm already beginning to long for Spring when I always do better.

Grammy, please take care of yourself. Even with your injuries you always sound like you do more than most of us.

And no, I don't think this is a flare, I'm just wondering if I have a new disease to worry about. Three out of the last 4 years, I've gotten a new one for Christmas....last year being the exception. I've done some checking on Addison's and some of my symptoms fit to a T. It's not unusual for us to start the auto immune ride and grab a few more diseases along the way.

Terri, congrats on your weight loss and I hope the appt with your Mom goes well.

Although I woke up with a headache today, I have hopes to get some jammy pants sewn. (That's another thing I had to clear out, none of them fit anymore)

Hugs all,

9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Do you have any lightening of the skin? I also had researched Addison's and had my son tested at one time, but he didn't have it. But the weight loss would be a concern. Can you get checked out for Addison's? I have a book about adrenal disease by James Wilson.....I'll get you the title since it eludes me at the moment.
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

It is supposed to get up to 37 degrees today! The first time it will be over freezing in well over a month! I don't know if it's the FMS or the weather or maybe a combination, but my energy level has certainly dropped. I really have to push myself to do things. If I had my way, I would just sleep a lot. But with a job, chores, a husband, etc., that just isn't possible. I heard one of the secretaries got fired today. She's been here over 40 years, but has always been a difficult person to deal with. But I do feel bad for her. I wonder what happened.

I've hardly seen Harry this week. He's been gone for days and not sleeping at home, either. I don't like it when his company has him on this kind of work schedule. Harry doesn't think it will last much longer and then he will be layed off again. I guess I should be grateful that he is working.

Nancy: I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well and that the weight loss is a concern. Most of us would be happy with weight loss, but not if it means a serious illness. I have heard of Addison's, but don't know anything about it. I know what you means about picking up other illnesses along the way. I have had my share of that. I'm sorry that Katy's mood has not been the best. Jim really isn't on the best medication right now, but they for some reason they can't change him back to what he was on.

Anne Theresa: I'm with you with wanting to sleep all the time. I just wish I could or better yet, I wish I had more energy.

To-do list:

-drop off recycling (done)
    -pick up prescription (done)
    -wash sheets and towels

11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm moving at a snail's pace; taking a long time to accomplish every little thing.

Nancy, I'm glad you're taking your weight-loss concerns to your doctor and I hope you find some help there. God bless. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy your sewing today.

Hi Terri, Lydia, I'm glad you popped in :)

Ellen, I hope your energy picks up . Especially with your work schedule, you must find the low-energy difficult to contend with. I'm fortunate - most days I can nap, as needed.

I'm grateful to have had these past few days at home to rest. It puts me in greater stead to enjoy the weekend; a coffee date with some WW buddies on Saturday and, on Sunday, dinner and a movie with Sweetie and his aunt and nephew. I hope I feel well enough to carry through with these plans.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Sweetie has the today off and so I took a pass on the coffee date to spend time with him (it was only a tentative 'yes' so my not attending was at least partially expected and it shouldn't inconvenience the group. Thank God for understanding friends.).

We've had a nice day so far; puttering around doing housework, reading, watching tv. Sweetie's taking a nap at the moment and so I thought I'd check in with you lovely folks before I spend some time with my scrap book project.

I made a lovely soup yesterday, low-cal & healthy. Shredded cabbage, mixed white & kidney beans, vegetable broth, brown elbow macaroni, chopped celery & onions & canned cubed tomatoes, soy sauce, basil, black pepper, chives & bay leaf. All day in the crock-pot. Sweetie just loves it, as do I. I put 1/2 the soup in the freezer and there's still a few days worth of meals in the fridge.

Saturday To Do

five minutes on the elliptical machine
    work on scrapbook(s)
    read, rest, watch TV
    dust furniture

Enjoy the weekend!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

That's the book.....it's a good one. Say, you can pop in anytime you like!

We have a nice day ahead.....no major plans. Except for housecleaning! But I will have help- the boys do the bathrooms. We have to check their work, and sometimes it means doing something over, but it's a help to have them do it.

Nancy, Anne Theresa- hope your energy returns soon.

Take care all,