What's on Your To-Do List: July 12 - 17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jul 11, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

I'm up early this Monday morning and so I took the opportunity to open our weekly To-Do list thread.

I hope your weekend was enjoyable and I hope the week ahead is a good one.

My weekend was fine. I spent some time friends and then I made some headway on some of the small chores I've been avoiding (like paper filing, spot-cleaning the carpet, cleaning the inside of the fridge, etc. ).

Today is shaping up to be a busy day but I feel up for it.

To Do List

coffee with an old friend who has just moved into the neighborhood (my sister and I are bringing her a small housewarming gift)

meeting with my ex (he has some $$$ for me, from the sale of our house)

to the bank to deposit the cheque and to make an appointment for investment advice

grocery shopping with my sister

return phone calls and emails

clean bunny and play/cuddle

If I have enough energy, sweep patio and clean windows

read and/or watch a movie

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi all,

Anne Theresa-thanks for your answer to me about Topamax I appreciate it. You sound like you are doing very well and have some energy. I hope your day continued on that way. That's great you have a friend moving nearby and that was really nice you are getting together. I hope you are happy about the settlement of the house with your ex and all went well.

Today was a very bad day for me. I cried off and on as I went about the busy stressful schedule. My son took the Topamax just two nights. Yesturday I noticed he was off and I chart his moods and sleep and everything. He was angry, defiant and refused to do things. It was awful. By today he was angry, yelling, slamming doors, refused to get dressed to go and hit me. Then about 45 mins later he cried and hugged me saying Mommy I don't want to be mad at you anymore and told me he didn't like the medicine. I had tears streaming down my face. OMG this is like torture for me! I do not want him to go back to the psychiatric hospital and that is my worst fear.

We were late for swim and the teacher already had the next kid go and tried to work my son in. Just telling the swim teacher what happened and I started crying in front of the other family too. Then my son was just saying some random stuff to this other family which caused me concern.

I was very grateful that we had an appt. with the psychiatrist this afternoon. The neurologist who had prescribed the medication is on vacation until Wednesday. So we discussed it with the pdoc and my son was able to tell her "I will never take that medicine again" and he described that it made him very angry. The pdoc told me never to put another one of those in his mouth! She said that is an unusual reaction, most kids do okay on T.

Next I had to call back my social worker with Regional Center because there was a problem with our respite hours. Basically they are taking away our Saturday program and temporarily giving us an additional 4 hours a month for the next 3 months only. I had to answer a bunch of questions just to get this but I guess being broken down was the best state to be in when you are asking for help and they are telling you about the budget problems in California. UUUUGGHHH

I am so proud because I couldn't breathe and just sit after that so I pulled out my mindful yoga and did 25 minutes and actually calmed myself.

No appointments, yay
    son in school for 3 hours, yay
    take care of myself, I'll decide tomorrow

Thanks for listening! I have very few IRL who understand or those who do and need a break!
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

God bless you and Liam - what a heartbreaking experience you've both been through.
    I'm glad the doctor's appointment resolved the issue by taking him off the medication. It's good that Liam can be so assertive and articulate with his doctor.

I'm glad you were able to use the yoga to your advantage. So often, people tend to underestimate how effective exercise can be. I use a particular muscle in my neck as monitor, and when that muscle grows tense it prompts me to do my stretching exercises. It always helps.

Yesterday with my ex was unexpectedly difficult and, after he left, I cried for hours.

Then, later in the evening, I had a wonderful talk with my youngest son who, with his beautiful fiancé, just bought their first house. They invited me to visit next month and I may just do that :) In the meantime - today - I have a few things to look after:

To Do List

to the lab for blood tests
    pharmacy to pick up prescriptions
    update insurance
    word processing

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Anne Theresa, you poor thing...although I am glad that you got your settlement from your ex...at least that can clear the air a bit with it not hanging over your shoulders anymore. It must have been so difficult and I'm guessing it's the last 'official' time you have to be with him??

Katy just went through this with her ex, he owes her back pay and she had to let him know that if necessary, she can go to the Military Police, get his information and call his Commander to make sure she gets paid which was very difficult for her, and of course he was quite nasty in his e-mails. For her also it was kind of the final 'good-bye'.....bless you and please hang in there. I hate to think of you crying for hours but I hope it was the helpful kind, cleansing and can put you in a place of new beginnings....You've done well starting your life over again and now you're in control with no one to think of but yourself. I hope you treat 'you' as kindly as the rest of us would....we adore you and think you're wonderful!!!

Molly bless you...know that I do understand the medication hell that you're going through with Liam and although it can take awhile, there is hope for a better future for you all. If an official diagnosis is made and it's the 'right' one....things should settle down when they find the right medications or combination of meds and get things right. (Although I can't imagine how difficult this must be dealing with not only a child but one who has trouble communicating at his age)

You're doing everything right by logging his moods and how the medications change them. Wish I had thought to do the same with Katy years ago, might have saved us years of trouble....

Today I've already taken Katy to work, gone grocery shopping and made another stop on base to buy wine and movies. I've found that I'm very fond of Moscato wines from Italy so I bought a few bottles. If you find one you like, you can never seem to find it again because the smart people are stocking up!

I still have a trunk full of groceries to bring in and put away but for now I'm just a bit tired and my housekeeper's here working too.

Yesterday I mowed the lawn with our new lawn mower. We've had a tiny electric one for years that finally gave out so we had to buy a 'man mower' which turned out nice because it cuts in half the time since it's so much bigger. I was surprised that I was able to start it by myself and glad I did it because it took half the time it used to take to finish.

My husband finished putting my new grill together on Sunday, (took forever with the heat and his illness) so I also grilled kabobs last night for dinner. We're still suffering in the heat wave so it was quite a big day for me. It feels awful when you just can't get cool...and it's the first time this week he's come home to dinner after work, poor thing...

I need to do some repair work on the window screens, hopefully soon. European homes do not have screens on the windows but you can buy kits with a velcro tape which I've done. We've had some horrible windy storms in the evening this week and they've wreaked havoc on mine.

Hugs all,

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    I have been off this board for awhile....I did have an excuse last week. I was a camp cook again at our church camp. It was fun, although I found a mouse in a pot while in the kitchen one morning! It is a "back to nature" camp, and the critters don't like to give up their space! We also had bear sightings at the camp, but the black bear didn't come out while I was there, so I was relieved. I also saw many bats at night....kinda creepy!

Anne Theresa- so glad you are getting your $$$$ now and can move on.....bless you. You sound better in your letters. I hope you will get to go and see your son and his fiancee! That would be a nice change of pace.

Molly- what an awful experience with that drug! I hope things will go better for you and Liam this summer. I know that every day brings a new challenge for you.....praying that you will remain strong. God bless.

Nancy- nice to hear from you! I'd been missing your letters. Guess you could say the same about me. I remember visiting in Europe and the lack of air conditioning and screens. If it is hot outside, then you are hot. I hope your energy holds up.....mowing the lawn! I was impressed. I mowed ours yesterday, since my hubby is out of town. We have a rider mower and a large yard, so a rider is necessary. It was fun- a definite feeling of power!

A friend and I are going to a blueberry farm today. You remember that I'm a "fruitaholic"! Gotta collect fruit in the summer. I missed out on the blues last year, so I am looking forward to picking today.....it is a beautiful day. Perfect for picking!

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Thanks, Nancy, for your kind words. I'll have to meet once more with my ex to sort our our RRSP's - I'd hoped he'd have this ready for our meeting on Monday but he didn't - then our business is complete. I feel like I'm all cried out, though, and I don't expect our next meeting will be difficult.

I'm in awe of your mowing the lawn, grilling food and repairing widow screens. Knowing how sick you were such a short time ago, makes it doubly wonderful to think of you 'up and about' in such an active way. I hope this bout of wellness remains.

Oh Terri, finding a mouse in a pot would have scared me to death! Not to mention bears and bats...I LOVE blueberries and in fact enjoyed some last night on top of some frozen yogurt! They were delicious. I recently read an article that claimed blueberries were considered a 'super-food' because they are so packed with vitamins and nutrients. That's good to know considering I like them so much. Have fun at the blueberry farm!

To Do Today

- go to pharmacy
    - make weekly pill dispensers
    - clean bunny cage
    - vacuum
    - cut up honeydew/cantaloupe
    - laundry

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

3 loads of laundry

unloaded & reloaded dishwasher 2 times

took the garbage out

worked both part time jobs total hours 35 hours

took the dog for his walk every evening

vacuumed part of the hall & bedroom
    vacuumed part of the dining room
    cleaned off computer desk

did some paperwork for one of my jobs
    paid some bills

Saturday--taking the car to the mechanic
    hopefully will go to the Farmers Market (if my car gets done in time)

clean out the frige---need to take out the shelves & drawers to give it a good cleaning

show/help a 14 yr old to weed my yard and clean up my deck

AND maybe get to rest at least a little!!!