What's on your "To Do" List July 13 to July 20th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jul 13, 2008.

  1. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all,

    Wow, the weeks are just flying by aren't they?

    I'm in the midst of planning and packing for another trip back to London on Saturday (I think), hubby made the arrangements last night for me. I think I'll be coming back on Monday afternoon next week.

    So today I'll pull out the suitcases again, plan to pack with a large empty one so I can bring home any clothes of hers that don't fit anymore. Mine will fit in a carry on size, but with the restrictions I end up putting it in cargo now. So I'll pack one inside the other.

    I have a pile of clothing in the bedroom to go through and find a place for. Still not enough storage in the house. And I haven't been putting the clothes away knowing I'll be packing for another trip.

    Ellen, hope to hear from you soon. How did you manage your FIL's birthday?

    Anne Theresa, any news on your bathroom? Is it finished yet?

    Terri, your blueberry pie sounds wonderful, any left?

    And Lenore, I'm getting worried....please check in.

    Hugs all,

  2. greygodess

    greygodess New Member

    I imagine that flying back and forth is keeping you busy. Hope Katy is getting better.

    Today is gardening day. Weed whack, mow, and weed. I also have to take my son to pick up his car when it is ready. Had to wire another son some money so he could go to the doc for an illness. Getting laundry done in the meantime.

    Go out tonight and continue to chase fireflies. Godbless
  3. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    Grey- I don't know what you mean...."chase fireflies"?? Maybe I'm just in the dark......

    Nancy- take care on your next trip. It sounds like it will be a fast one with one objective- to get Katy outfitted with some clothes that fit. Gaining all that weight must be hard on her self esteem, poor dear. You're a good mom. Yes, I do have a piece or two of pie left, come on over.

    Linda and Ellen- I too would like to hear how your weekend picnics went.

    I mentioned in my last letter that the boys are home from camp and came home dirty but happy. They are really enjoying the comforts of home- a fridge well stocked, A.C., etc. I think the camp they were at skimped a bit on food, so it was good they took along some snacks.

    To do:
    Practice piano for an upcoming project
    Wash clothes (guess whose?)
    Leftover lasagna for dinner

    Hoping to hear from some more ladies today.....
  4. sorekitty

    sorekitty New Member

    Last week my ds had strep throat. He was not eating at all, had fever and even napped! We got him on antibiotics on Thursday so he is doing better. He is hyper, since he has been cooped up, yet very tired, irritable and trying to push every one of my buttons! I'm reminding myself that this doesn't mean that our behavioral intervention isn't working it is just the situation.

    I went to a new dr. I'm supposed to get my bloods taken this week for the lyme test. I also did a stool and saliva test and sent that in already. So I am making some progress.

    Nancy~You are a great mom! You are really there for your daughter and helping her so much. She has to feel really lucky for that. I hope she is feeling better.

    Greygodess~Are you going out to look at the fireflies tonight? My son has always wanted to see a firefly. We don't have them here. That is awesome that you have that kind of energy to garden like that!

    Terri~Blueberry pie sounds devine! We have a U-Pick strawberry farm nearby and I have been meaning to go. I love that children's book Blueberries for Sal. It was a Caldecott winner. I should look for that this week. We are doing the summer reading program. Sounds like your boys had a great trip.

    I forgot to tell you the best news of all:

    We got our son into the Regional Center!!!!!!!! This will give us a lot of help and support for his autism services:) I was in a state of shock since I was already planning ideas for our appeal (lol).

  5. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Hi, Girls:

    I'll bet you won't guess where I'm at. I'm in Holland right now visiting my grandmother's sister. I guess that would make here my great-aunt? Anyway, she lives in a large senior center, where they have computers you can use so I decided to take advantage and talk to all of you. I just got here earlier today and am feeling tired so I won't be on here too long. I read last week's posts to catch up on the news.

    Harry and my trip to Traverse City was nice. It's really pretty up there with all the water in the bay. We visited two lighthouses while we were there. The hotels we stayed at had indoor pools and hot tubs, which felt great. The best part was no cooking and no housework!

    Now here I am traveling again! I did get lost when I got into Holland, which is a pretty good-sized town. All the one-way streets where confusing. My great-aunt is 87 years old, but is still in pretty good health. The place she lives in also has a exercise room and a pool so I should get plenty of exercise while I am here!

    My FIL and I are on speaking terms again and we gave him his birthday present yesterday. Since he's my FIL, I wanted to be back on good terms with him again, but I have to admit that I still feel bad about some of the things he said to me, but I'm trying not to think about it.

    Sounds like everyone is doing okay. Sorry I'm too tired to respond individually to everyone.

    Nancy: I'm glad Katy is doing okay and getting the help she needs. I've been thinking about her and your family. You may not get this message, since it sounds like you are off to England again.

    Since I'm not at home, no to-do list for me! My poor cats-I just get home from one trip and now I'm off on another one! But I'm glad I'm taking the time to see my great-aunt. She's 87 years old now and if I wait I may never get a chance to see her.

    Take care and I'll get back on here again before I leave Holland on Thursday.

  6. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all...

    So great to hear from Ellen, Molly & Grey again...

    Molly, sorry your son was sick, but great news that he got into the Regional Center!

    Ellen, are you in Amsterdam Holland? Wow, that's quite a trip!

    Grey, fireflies are one thing I've missed living all over the world. I've only seen them when I lived in Illinois and I do miss them. So entertaining and fascinating...

    Not sure if you all are sick of hearing about this, but Katy isn't doing well again at all. Her meds are off, her OCD is rearing it's ugly head again, she's having panic attacks and has hurt herself again.

    I just pray that TriCare will ok another 30 days for her in this hospital so they can hopefully level out her medications again and find something that works for her. If they sent her home soon, I'm not sure she'd make it.

    On a side note... Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones got out of the Priory the week before Katy got there. Now he's in the news again for his 18 yr old Russian girlfriend. Seems that she too was a patient at the Priory and they ran off together. From the articles I read, it seems as if he'll be back in there soon. He's hitting the bottle hard again.

    Katy's famous footballer friend is leaving Friday and she's very sad about it. He was a favorite of hers (and mine).

    And another woman in there now...her daughter is a friend of Lourdes...yep Madonna's daughter. I've never had such insight to the gossip magazines before. (They met in a park with their nannies.)

    Found out online that this is the same hosptial that Eric Clapton was in for his cocaine addiction years ago. Very popular place in London.

    So for today, I need to pick up a few groceries. Also need to stop by medical, I didn't notice my Trazadone had no refills left and I'll be out before I get home. Also need more Immodium too, can't live without that.

    Hugs all,

  7. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Hi, Girls:

    I guess I had better explain that I am in Holland, Michigan not the country Holland! I had to laugh when Nancy thought I was in Holland, although that would make a nice trip!

    My great aunt is such a sweetheart and I'm so glad I've taken the time to see her. She is 87 years old now and still in good health. But you never know. This place she lives in is just wonderful. I slept great last night. I was really tired from the three-hour drive yesterday. It's rare for me to drive that much. They have a large exercise room here so I used that this morning. As you can see, I am now using the computer, which is off of the library, which is on the third floor. This place is huge with seven floor. Aunt Jean said there are 400 apartments here. She seems quite happy and has made quite a few friends here.

    This evening we are going to a concert. Tomorrow we are going to a large farmer's market. I think I will take a few pictures of that. My great aunt still drives and said she will drive down to the water of Lake Michigan, which will be nice. The weather for the next few days is going to be sunny and warm.

    Molly: I'm glad everything has worked out for your son and his autism. I'm sure that is quite a relief for you and your husband.

    Anne Theresa: I can't remember what all you have written, but I don't recall if your bathroom ever got done. Is that still a project in the works?

    Nancy: I'm so sorry that Katy is still not doing well. Jim's medication still needs some "tweeking" as he says he feels restless on it. We have a family wedding coming up and I'm wondering if I should take him to it or not.

    Linda: 108 degrees? I'm sure glad it's not that hot here in Michigan? It's been about 90 around here, which is plenty hot for me.

    I know I've missed some people, but hi to everyone I've missed. I should get back downstairs to see what Aunt Jean is up to and it's about time for lunch. Take care everyone and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

  8. AnneTheresa

    AnneTheresa Member

    Nancy, I'm sorry Katy's taken a turn for the worse but I'm glad it's happened while she's under care. Perhaps by witnessing this, the doctors' will have a better understanding of Katy's issues and this will help them find an effective treatment. We can only hope. To answer your question about my washroom - it's still a slow work in progress.

    I hope you enjoy your gardening, GreyGoddess, and chasing fireflies. Have you seen the new commercials for Smucker's Jam? Pre-electricity, the farmers catch and light their strawberry fields with jars of fireflies. I feel like a child every time I see it :)

    Terri, I'm glad your boys are home safe & sound after a good time at camp. It sounds like they're glad to be back to their creature comforts after a time of roughing it.

    Molly, congratulations on your son's acceptance to the Regional Centre. I know this takes a load off your mind and bodes well for the future. I hope your little one continues to feel better after his bout with strep throat and I hope you get some well-deserved rest.

    Ellen, I'm glad you're enjoying your visit to Holland and the time spent with your great-aunt. Her apartment complex sounds lovely. I hope you enjoy the concert & the farmers market and have a safe trip home.

    I'm having a tough time so I won't make a to-do list today. I'm just going to rest until sweetie gets home then have him give me one of his wonderful back-rubs. I've canceled my Tuesday-night outing so I'll make it a point to get out tomorrow, if only to sit on the porch,

    God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all..

    Ellen, that's too funny....that I mistook Holland Michigan for Holland. But in my world, Holland is just a short plane ride away. Been through there many times, but have never visited the country.

    It's on my long term to do list though, I want to visit Anne Frank's hiding place before I'm unable to go up the stairs. My Dad and son did so on their way home from Christmas this year and if he can do it at 75 yrs old, I want to as well.

    I'm sorry to hear about Jim's meds too. Katy's now on 900mg of Seroquel a day, they're weaning the Lithium and putting her on Depakote. (Scares me as I've peeked at the list of side effects already)

    Anne Theresa, so sorry you're not feeling well. Something tells me you must be feeling very poorly, I know you don't cancel your friend's night with no reason....

    I did manage to get everything done yesterday and even had lunch with hubby which is always a treat.

    And someone finally came and took that king sized mattress out of my guest room last night, it's been sitting there at least 6 mos and driving me crazy. Now that it's gone, I can begin plans to rearrange for when Katy comes home.

    Two boxes of Katy's clothes came in the mail last night so I'll be packing more today.

    If I feel up to it, I may make a trip to base to drop off some items for donation to the thrift store. I'm trying to do a few things for hubby because I've been stuck on my butt for so long now and little chores have piled up.

    Hoping to hear from Linda, Kim, Lenore and all the rest this week.


  10. ksp56

    ksp56 Member

    Another week of insommnia. Hours are mixed up like a babies! LOL

    Nancy: You ARE a great mom! I hope your trip goes well, and Katie is still happy in her 'temporary' home. It does sound like a celebrity magazine atmosphere! LOL Take care of yourself, while being with Katie. Question..did Katie's husband leave her? I am out of the loop. If so, I am very sorry. However, I know what a caring enviroment it is with her parents.

    Grey: I LOVE fireflies! We haven't seen many at home. There are many more at our lake cottage. We call them lightening bugs, also. Maybe a 'midwest' thing?

    Terri: Glad the boys are home, and well fed now! LOL! Oh, the laundry after children being away...arrgghhhhhhh! Take care Girl!

    Molly: I am sorry about your son and his strep throat. It is nasty! My friend's son just recoverd from a bout of it. Cogratulations for your son's acceptance into the Regional Center. I know you have wanted this for a long time.

    Ellen: LOL! I knew which Holland you were in. It sure would sound like to a visit to another country, if you're not a midwest resident. I'm happy your aunt is doing so well in her advanced age. She must be so happy having you visit! Your Traverse Bay trip sounds wonderful! We love that area. When I was young, we used to camp there. Made for good memories!

    Anne Theresa: I'm sending special hugs your way, and know this is not a good time. I pray this flare settles down, very soon. Take care of yourself and look forward to your Sweetie and his massage!

    Tonight, I'm spending the night with my mom. Tomorrow evening, we are attending a wine tasting, and hope to go the lake. We'll see!

    Hugs to you all!

  11. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Hi, Girls!

    This will probably be the last time you will hear from me this week. I will be going back home tomorrow morning. This morning Aunt Jean and I went to a large farmer's market in Holland, which was quite interesting. All kinds of produce, breads, fudge, flowers, plants, etc. I bought some fudge which northern Michigan is known for although Holland is really on the Western side of the state. My aunt can't walk too far so part of the time she rested in the car. I was missing my scooter, but I just took my time. I also took a few pictures and got some pictures of Aunt Jean.

    Then she took me to a chinese restaurant for lunch. Then we came back to the apartment. I realized I hadn't checked out the pool and hot tub yet. I didn't realize where she lived had a pool so I hadn't brought a swimsuit, but the lady at the front desk said I could swim in shorts and a top. This place is like a luxury hotel-pool, hot tub, computers, exercise room-it's been great! I wish I could send you pictures of it!

    My aunt is very happy here and has made a lot of friends.

    Anne Theresa: I'm sorry you are not feeling well and had to cancel your outing with your friend. I'm glad I've been doing as well as I have since I've been doing so much traveling the past two weeks. Take care.

    Kim: I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. I used to have a lot of problems with sleeping, but fortunately I haven't had very many problems with this in quite some time. I hope your sleep improves soon.

    Nancy: I don't know exactly where the country of Holland is, but I don't imagine it isn't too far from Germany. It would be interesting to see the hiding place where Anne Frank and her family hid. I'm glad you finally got rid of the mattress. It would drive me crazy, too, to have something that big sitting around in the house. I hope things turn around soon for Katy. So what's been going on with her husband? Do you hear from him?

    Terri: I'm glad the boys had a good time at camp.

    To-do list:

    -drive home from Holland (three-hour drive)
    -go to pool therapy class
    -go through the mail
    -fix dinner
    -long,long nap
    -hug kitties (their mommy has missed them!)

    Talk to everyone next week!

  12. AnneTheresa

    AnneTheresa Member

    Hello friends.

    I had one of my marathon sleeps (I slept from 8 p.m. last eve. until 3 p.m. today) and I feel much better. I used to hate my (lazy) self when I would sleep that long but I've come to accept these sleeps as the gifts they are; the opportunity for my body to rest and heal.

    When I go into one of these sleeps I feel absolutely drugged (I'm not)and powerless to rouse myself before I become fully awake. The marathon sleeps don't happen very often (once every 3-4 months) but when they do I always feel better afterwords, physically & emotionally.

    I'm grateful for my present lifestyle that allows me to follow my body's wisdom to that degree (sleeping for that long is not something you can do with small children to care for or on-the-job responsibilities).

    Nancy, it sounds like you've been busy, preparing for your next trip to England and taking care of your home. How is your leg? I hope all this running around doesn't keep it from healing completely. I hope Katy's most recent medication is helpful, though it will surely take some time to tell.

    Kim, I'm sorry you're struggling with insomnia. I've had lots of problems in that area (though not lately) and I know how disruptive it can be when your days and nights get mixed up. I hope your sleep patterns get back to normal soon. I hope you enjoy the time with your mom and the wine-tasting. If your weather is similar to ours here(which it usually is) you have some lovely weather, perfect to enjoy the lakeside. Have fun!

    Ellen, I wish all our elders had such nice places to live as your aunt does. At that time of life, living in such a fine apartment complex sounds ideal.

    Sweetie and I (before buying our house) lived downtown for many years. It was so very sad to see so many of our older folks living in poverty, in the small rooms above the downtown storefronts. Life seemed such a struggle for them and my heart would go out to them every day.

    Your aunt is very fortunate to live where she does, God bless her. It must do your heart good to see her doing so well. I'm glad you've had this time to visit her and that you've felt well enough to enjoy yourself. I hope you have a safe trip home.

    My house is relatively clean - just a few things to tidy and wipe - so I'm going to put my energy into making a nice dinner (baked salmon w/ roasted potato & veggies)for sweetie and I to enjoy this evening when he gets home from work. He's such a kind and caring man, he deserves a home-cooked meal when I'm able.

    God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  13. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all....

    Kim, Katy's husband "returned" her to us the week before this hospitalization. She was hospitalized twice in June, once at Landstuhl and now at the Roehampton Priory in London.

    When she was released from Landstuhl, he had her help bring a sofa 5 flights of stairs down to their storage facility and out for him to play 18 holes of golf, all on her first day out of the hospital. Not exactly what she needed on her first day out of a psych ward.

    Within a week of that release, she was hurting herself again so he brought her here with a suitcase, that he made her pack herself so of course she had no clothing...knowing that she was asking for a long term hospitalization.

    We have not heard or spoken to him since...which might be a good thing since I can't think of anything nice I could possibly say to him.

    But she has realized that she'll probably be spending her first wedding anniversary and her 22nd birthday in this hospital. (Please continue to send good wishes and prayers that they keep her for this next med change too)

    Ellen, I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with your Aunt. Be sure to take the rest you need when you get home and be good to yourself, you've been very busy lately!

    Anne Theresa, I think one of the hardest things about this illness is learning to listen to our bodies...so I'm glad you've been doing so. That marathon sleep was just what you needed at the time.

    And my leg? Still hurts daily...still can only sleep in one position and I keep hurting it more trying to sit in a different position, but who wouldn't have trouble sitting the same way for 3 months??

    I was hoping that I wouldn't have to use the ace wraps and knee brace for this trip because of the problems with security at Heathrow but I now know I'm going to have to use both again.

    Rafiki made a good point on another post that Katy's Prozac could be causing the rapid cycling bi-polar to be worse so I think I'm going to mention it to the nurses this morning when I call her.

    And yes...Ron Wood has checked himself back into Rehab...wonder if it's the Priory again?? What in the world do you say to a Rolling Stone at the smoking area??? Can't get no Satisfaction either??? Gimme Shelter?

    Sorry, just had to laugh a bit...no one thinks their life will be like this, me included! I think I'm overdue for a few giggles...

    Not sure what I'll do with myself today. It's cloudy and dreary here today. Most of my packing is finished too.

    Hugs all,

  14. texangal81

    texangal81 New Member

    Yesterday was my first official work from home day under my new disability accomodations and it was a disaster. I was supposed to have everything all set up and ready to go and I didn't. I don't think my boss was too happy. To compensate I worked til 10 last night and emailed him regarding a resolution to a problem we've been working on. I slept strangly and really hurt when I got up. I'm waiting for my PCP to call so I can rip on the worthless pain mgmt doc I went to on Friday (see my post on the FM board for details).

    So today I have 3 tasks that I've been assigned and I'm just waiting for the fog to lift so I can start thinking. I hope to complete 2 by the end of the day and the 3rd one tomorrow.

    I have been on my pre-op diet for a week now. The lap-band surgery is a week from tomorrow. It can't be soon enough. I have adhered to the diet but i have been so hungry which is precisely WHY I'm having the surgery. Plus I've been eating too many sugar free popsicles. I need to cut back on those.

    Saturday I hope to clean my bedroom and the sunroom. They are both atrocious and driving my mom nuts. I pray for two good days on Saturday and Sunday so I can accomplish this.

    Since I don't have anymore good meds (called for a refill from PCP, not sure if she will) I'm hurting today. The Ultram takes the edge off, but that is about all. I've given up on getting the insurance company to ok my Celebrex and it is probably just as well. I come from a long line of heart disease and have HBP, so that probably is one I shouldn't take, no matter how much it seemed to help.

    Basically my days are now a countdown to my surgery!

    Take care all,

  15. ksp56

    ksp56 Member

    I apologize to not responding to all of you, today.

    There were problems with our daughter last night, and now problems with SIL, too..

    Nancy...Thanks for saying you'd read my rant/vent. Be careful, it now goes beyond the original, post. It is up now!

    I wish you all a calm evening..

    Hugs, Kim
  16. sorekitty

    sorekitty New Member

    Hugs to you all! I'm on my way to nap while my nanny is here for a couple hours.

    Today I got my blood tested for Lyme disease. i cannot believe I finally accomplished this! it has been a year since I wanted to test.

    My little boy went with me. We had to drive quite a ways to this dr and then we got some lunch. And 2 1/2 hours later we were home!!!! I'm so tired. It takes 2 weeks to get the results. That seems like a long time to wait. My appt to go over those results and the stool analysis is in early August.

    Last night i stayed up so late. I played Bunco at a friends house. My first time at Bunco. I had never ever heard of it. Had to google it and it said game suburban housewifes play. HA HA! Thought that was funny. Made me feel like a desparate housewife.

    I had forgotten how much sever illness affects my little guy. He regresses and it was as if he were 3 again. He bit me on my shoulder on Monday night becausewe had to stop a movie it was way past his bedtime but he had napped due to illness so he couldn't go to sleep at normal time anyway. We did the warning ahead of time and set the time timer (a special clock/visual timer). I reminded him again at 3 minutes to check how much red was left. Then when it was over he got extremely aggressive. Sometimes it is just impossible to avoid a bite although all the professionals always stress not to let him bite or hit. Ya right, I try my best but ugggh. I was so upset. Even though it didn't appear to tear the skin it hurt like he!! and I washed and put medicine on it. I can't even go into all the difficult behaviors we have had. Getting him to take the antibiotics twice a day is torture. We have to hide it in all kinds of stuff and you never know if he will eat the stuff or eat all of it. He has a strong gag reflex and can barf it back up on you so there is no way to force it into him. I may call the dr. and see if we can get a shot into him because of all the wasted medicine. WE hare almost out of meds and we are supposed to continue til Saturday (God help me).

    I have been having a glass of wine every night. After dealing with all this it is like I have no choice!

    I am thinking of you all and hope you are well.


  17. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all,

    Erin, good luck with your surgery next week, we'll be thinking about you often and wishing you well.

    Molly, I'm so sorry things get rough like that at your house. I'm sorry I have no advice to offer you...just be good to yourself and get your rest when you can.

    Kim, I replied to your other post and hope things get better soon.

    As for me, Hubby woke me up around 4:00 this morning, he had a headache that woke him up and I heard him get out of bed. Now I know why he sleeps in the guest room most nights. I do need my sleep!

    Of course, it's the worst day possible for me to wake up too early. They are having 70 tons of topsoil delivered today and putting it in my yard. I have to close all windows and rouladins (sp?) all the way to keep the dust out of the house.

    So I had planned to be gone today finishing up my last minute shopping before the trip to London tomorrow. It will be beyond dark in here all day today.

    I sewed 2 pr of jammy pants to take with me for Katy yesterday and one for hubby. His are just adorable, "monster" trucks with cute little monsters driving big trucks.

    One of hers is kissing frogs, yes a subliminal message in there...she will need to kiss a few more before she finds the true Mr. Right.

    Here's to hoping today isn't going to be as awful as it can be with countless men in my yard, pure darkness in the house, fatigue and the need to do so many things I can't count them all.

    Hugs all,

  18. greygodess

    greygodess New Member

    We also call them lightening bugs. We had them all over the place when I was a kid growing up in Illinois. I go out every night and catch one. I release it right away. It is just something I do for my own enjoyment. I'm sure the neighbors thing I'm nuts.

    I guess lightening bugs are not found west of Kansas. When our oldest grandaughters were here last summer they had fun chasing them. They had never seen one.

    A couple brought in 2 baby cottontails to the nature center so I have been caring for them. They are eating dandelions and plantains and being given a little formula. They are a little smaller than the palm of my hand but have all their fur and are quite energetic.

    Got a bit of energy today and did some much needed cleaning around the house. Also babysitting this alot this week. Hope all is going well. Godbless
  19. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all....

    I'm off to London again today and won't be home until late Monday night again.

    Katy and I are both very excited about this trip.

    She's been weaned off the Lithium now and the new doc is not going to put her on the Depakote which I think is a good idea. He wasn't happy with all of her many dx's and is reviewing her case.

    She actually sounded better yesterday than I've heard her sound in quite awhile. But she really wants me to make it to the hospital today so I'm hoping my energy holds up.

    Couldn't sleep last night, too excited about the trip and I guess a little worried about going on my own. I do have a wheelchair reserved in both airports, so that should help at Heathrow which is just huge. Stuttgart's airport is small enough to be manageable.

    I want to check my packing, not sure if I've packed properly for the rainy/cool London weather that seems to follow me on the weekends. Just last minute worries to start my day.

    Grey, I too grew up in Illinois and remember the lightening bugs well.

    Anne Theresa, hope you feel better soon....it's not like you to miss so many days on this thread.

    Ellen, I hope you're getting some rest after your trip.

    Hugs all,


  20. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    Have a safe trip!