What's on Your To-Do List: July 19 - 25

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jul 18, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Mine was nice. My sister had her birthday on Saturday and so I invited her best friend for dinner and cooked a nice meal for the occasion. Afterward, we had the traditional Baskin-Robbins ice-cream cake while we watched our favorite Dr. Who. Yesterday was a rush of grocery shopping etc. and the entire weekend was punctuated by visits to my absent friend's apartment to feed her cats.

Beadlady, it's good to see you! Judging from the size of your to-do list, you're keeping yourself very busy these days. God bless you.

I've already cleaned the bunny cage, set the dishwasher running and responded to my e-mail. I'm going to take a little rest, then get started on the rest of my to-do list:

- vacuum
    - cut up fruit and vegetables
    - put dishes away

This afternoon my niece is visiting to do her laundry and watch a DVD with me (a friend loaned me TV episodes from 3rd Rock from the Sun - one of my all time favorite sit-coms) so it should be an enjoyable afternoon.

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Anne Theresa and all who follow:
    Sunday we had quite a scare. My MIL, who is 89, fainted in our kitchen and my hubby had to catch her. She was sitting at the time, but would have slumped out of her chair. He could find no pulse or breathing.....I called 911, and the ambulance took her to our little local hospital. The doc there guessed that she had heart arrhythmia and further tests confirmed that. She was transferred to another bigger hospital and, yesterday, had a pacemaker put in. She was awake for the procedure (yuck!) and is doing well enough to come home today. Boy, you never know what the day will bring!

Other news: my apricots are getting ripe....yay!

We had planned this week to drive up to Canada to see our son and his new bride, but everything changed when Grandma fainted. Hopefully we'll get there before school starts again.

Take care all,
  3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi there,

Anne Theresa-you sound like you are doing very well. i know that was difficult with your ex but you really do seem to be moving on and having nice times. I hope you enjoy your dvd!

Terri-sorry to hear of your MIL. I hope she is feeling better soon. Is it normal to be awake for such a procedure? Too bad you missed your son and new DIL. Apricots sound great.

Jam-Hi it's nice to see you over here. Are you having clouds and mist most of this summer too? It is the strangest July! Where oh where is the sun?

I haven't been able to keep up on here. Summer is much more difficult with my son being home most days and our busy schedule. Everytime I head up to the computer he yells "Mama, play with me" actually he says that all day throughout the day and I am keeping him busy!

His last day of summer school is today. It was only 4 wks of 3 days a week for 3 hours. Don't get me wrong I appreciated it it just wasn't nearly enough to prevent me from crashing. I pushed myself very hard these last 9 months and well I am feeling it.

We are going on our vacation to Hawaii next week and I'm a little anxious but hoping for the best. I wasn't prepared in so many ways because I have been unable to keep up with our families basic necessities. Like we didn't have luggage! Had to go out and buy some (lol). found out our portable dvd player is broken and had to buy one of those (I know you are thinking not a necessity but on the airplane with my son I have to have stuff to keep him occupied. Not to mention the 2 hour time difference. So instead of waking at 5:30 am he may wake up at 3:30 am!!!!! I hope the dvd player will help. I have the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books that he hasn't read yet #2 and #3.

Anyhow I'm hoping my energy level will be okay and my depression, anxiety and sleep will be okay.

To do:
    pack as much as I can
    go to store for last minute items
    paint toes if time
    take xanax!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Terri, what a frightful experience, my goodness! Such a high-stress situation would have sent me straight for the chocolate. I'm glad your mother-in-law received such timely medical intervention (thankfully she was with you and your husband when she fainted) and has recovered to the degree of being able to leave the hospital.

I'm sorry you missed visiting your son & daughter-in-law, hopefully there will be many opportunities in the future for you to see each other.

Hi, Jaminhealth, it's great to see you posting here. Whether or not you keep a to-do list, you're welcome to drop by and post anytime! My sister experienced the effects of low-potassium (bone tired and dizzy, just short of fainting) when she started taking a particular kind of BP meds. When her doctor put her on a potassium supplement she could not believe the difference it made.

Hi Molly, Your Liam reminds me of my Steve who - as a child - always wanted my attention and always wanted me to play with him. His brother, James, on the other hand, enjoyed playing alone with his toys, or in his sandbox, for significant periods of time. It's fun when kids want to 'play with you' but omg it can be exhausting! Your vacation is well-deserved and I hope you and your family have a wonderful, wonderful time.

Your observation about my feeling well and moving on is accurate, thanks for noticing! I feel physically & mentally better since the increase in topomax and synthroid last month. Also, I'm starting to 'move on' emotionally from my broken heart. I can see myself as a free and independent woman now, rather than someone whose just been dumped.

It's Thursday - almost midnight - and since it's bed-time, this to-do list is intended for Friday.

To Do List

make manicure appointment
    work on short-story
    update pay-pal account
    fold, put away laundry
    empty dishwasher
    make grocery list
    water plants
    read, watch DVD

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Jamin- thanks for your advice concerning the potassium. You guessed correctly that she is on BP meds, so that could well be a possibility. She has two dr. appointments next week that I will be at, so I'll ask them to check her potassium.

Mother is doing better. Yes, we are thankful that she fainted here with us so she didn't have to fall and break a hip or something. It could have been much worse! She is staying with us for the time being.

Molly, I'm happy that you get to go to Hawaii......I hope you can relax while you are there! Good thinking, taking a portable DVD player for your son.....take some of his favorite DVD's as well! Which island are you visiting? We went to Maui for our 30th anniversary, and we loved it. I'd go again anytime!

Anne Theresa- are you still planning a trip to see your son? I hope you will get to go.....and I pray that the weather will be nice for you. Our summer has been on the cool and windy side...not what we usually have for summer!

To do: make a blueberry pie (with a GF crust)
    take Mother to get her hair done
    make pickles on Saturday

Hugs to all,
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Terri, I'm glad your mother-in-law feels better.

To answer you question, I haven't set a date yet to visit my son, but it will likely be a weekend in August, perhaps September. I hope my eldest son will come with and drive. If not, I'll take the bus. I look forward to the trip.

I went to the mall this afternoon for my manicure appointment. Afterward, I walked for a couple of laps, given that it's too muggy to walk outside today, then I came home to dinner.

Weekend To-Do List

bunny cage
    clean fridge
    make list for groceries & dollarstore
    grocery shopping & dollarstore
    cut up fruit & veggies
    read, write,
    watch TV & DVD

Enjoy the weekend!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa