What's on Your "To Do" list July 21 to July 27

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greygodess, Jul 20, 2008.

1. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I guess I'll start this thread.

Mostly it is the usual.

Monday: Walking and going out to dinner with the in-laws for their 57th anniversary.

Tuesday: Nature Center and walk

Wed: Not sure yet

Thursday: Shawl Ministry and walk

Fri & Sat: Walk & watching grankids overnight.

Sunday: Church

Had to go out and buy a microwave today. I cleaned the old one and it stopped working. Maybe it was in shock. :)

The smallest of the two bunnies died. The other seems to be thriving. Eats like a horse.

Still chasing fire flies. Hope all is well with you. Godbless
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi Grey and Linda!

Grey~Sorry about the bunny. We have bunnies in our backyard. If anyone in the family sees one at dinnertime we annouce "bunny alert!" Enjoy the celebration! 57 years, congratulations to your in-laws.

Linda~I just looked at your beautiful pic in the profile. I can't get over it. The heat and humidity does a number on me. I'm so sorry for your flare and espectially 0 energy. That is the worst! Enjoy your movies and hope the weather improves. i went through a depression very recently and it is so not fun.

Today was a celebration:) All of my hard work. Remember I told you we got into the Regional Center to help with our son's autism? Well, today we created services and goals with the RC. We will be getting a social worker within 30 days. We will have behavioral help, respite care (so we can actually have a date night!), educational consultant to attend our school dist. IEP meetings(in the future), and nutritional consultant. After the meeting my dh took me to lunch and he is very proud of all the hard work I put in to get this. Sometimes I feel bad having this illness and not being able to do things like work but wow I am feeling really good about myself now.

My son is feeling a little better now that the antibiotics are done. His behavior is improving some.

play with ds & t.v.
    Run errands, shop
    play with ds
    reading and math with ds
    take ds to occupational therapy
    call pediatrician, put in records to never give ds that particular antibiotic again!!!!
    nanny in afternoon so I can nap
    make dinner

hugs to you *all*

P.S. Lenore are you going crazy with the kids at home all summer and haven't been able to check in????? We miss you.

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Greygoddess, I hope the remaining bunny grows & thrives. I've put a picture in my profile for you of my adorable bun, Harriet. As you can see, she eats well. Your work at the nature centre sounds interesting & fun. I'd love to hear more about it.

Linda, thanks for touching base. I know it can be difficult to post when you're not well so I doubly appreciate the effort. It seems to me you're doing the right things; resting, watching movies, etc. sometimes the best you can do is wait it out. I hope you feel better soon.

Molly, you must be very pleased that your hard work & stress has paid off in terms of enhanced services for your son. I'm glad your hubby was appreciative and that you enjoyed a celebratory lunch together.

I know what you mean about how taking on a project ( such as the Regional Centre) gives you a sense of contributing to the family's betterment. It's nice, for those of us unable to work, to be able to give in this way. I'm glad your son is feeling better.

I feel somewhat better today, back in the land of the living after a bad spell. I've started a new diabetic-friendly diet with the intent of changing the way I eat altogether.

I need to lose 50 pounds, but I'm going to focus on ten lb. increments to avoid feeling overwhelmed. This is critically important for my health and so I hope and pray to stay with it and realize the benefits.

To Do List

shower, shampoo & dress
    clean kitchen
    polish office/bedroom furniture
    go to the mall with my friend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

I'm back safe and sound from another wonderful weekend in London. I got in around midnight on Monday night, tried to nap yesterday but they were doing construction on the house and wasn't able to sleep all day.

I'm so happy I was able to visit all 3 days that I was there, spoke to the nurse and two doctors requested my input into Katy's history as well. ( I had been praying for the energy and clear head to do what needed to be done for her sake)

The doctors are listening to me more than Katy and she's been given something now for the horrible swelling in her legs and feet although it hasn't really worked as it should just yet.

I even met a movie star in the garden smoking area....all the girls are so thrilled that he's there but I did try to remind them that he's a patient now just like they are which can put things in perspective a bit.

They are expecting another celebrity there, I overheard a phone conversation while I was waiting in reception. Someone was grilling them over the phone....rumor has it, it might be Amy Winehouse....oh dear! They were all gathered and giggling about this call, you could tell by the conversation that I heard that it should be an interesting celebrity.

Grey, thanks for starting the thread this week...

Molly, I'm so glad all of your hard work has paid off for you and your family. Hope you son starts to feel better soon too.

Linda, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well lately. Please be good to yourself. And have you mentioned your depression problems to your doctor lately?

Anne Theresa, your bunny is adorable...and I hope you had a good time with your friend. Good luck on your weight loss, I wouldn't recommend my way of doing things (the stress weight loss plan), yet I am enjoying not having the extra weight on. I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels right now.

Hoping to hear from the rest of the ladies soon....

Hugs all,

PS. Still deciding on whether or not to go back this weekend but I think I might go again....

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I can't believe how the weeks of summer are flying by....

We've had a lot of company lately. We're taking care of a neighbor boy, because the parents are chaperoning a European tour. They are in Germany today- shall I have them say hello, Nancy? Plus we had a fellow from D.C. stay with us for 9 days- he was working on a project with my hubby. He's home now, so the house is getting quieter.

To do:
    Clean house (more company coming but just for a short visit and dessert)
    Take son for allergy shot
    Leftovers for dinner

Nice to hear from all of you- sorry I can't write more, but I have a lot of cleaning to do!

[This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]
  6. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Oh my gosh, guys, have I been missing you!!!!!!!!!

Ok, the down and dirty update: On June 19, I finally said "yes" to setting a wedding date, which is August 30. I really wish I coud post our website here which gives all kinds of info I'm sure I will leave out. Well, on June 20 Leslie (Bob's daughter ) and I got creamed in a very bad side impact accident. There was glass everywhere. My whole body went to the left; and yes, I actually bruised the patella that I had just had surgery on in May. Between my left arm, elbow, hip, knee and ankle, it's been quite a ride. Then came the whiplash pain. I don't know if any of you with FMS/CFS have ever been in an accident, but I think it makes the pain worse. My "new best friend" is my physical therapist, though sometimes I think she is the Marquess de Sade. Planning a wedding in 9 weeks is bad enough; add this accident to the mix and it's just damned daunting.

I went back and read all the posts and boy, have we had tzuris (bad troubles)! I want to take a moment to mention all those who celebrated long time anniversaries: your posts really helped me put this all in perspective and I just simply aspire to you all. May my nuptuals be the base you guys have shown me.

So, they kept me overnght in the hospital for my injuries and stupidly called in my cardiologist because of the seatbelt bruised by my heart. My heart is just fine, thank you. Follow ups and PT have just rung me out. Two of my three (including my daughter) left for sleepaway camp July 8-27. This meant we had to have the dresses covered before she left. THAT is a story unto itself better saved for a lighter day. Dresses done and mine is STILL sitting on the dining room able waiting for a seamstress.

Nancy, I have been listening closely to all your advice on this big subject and heard every word. You were part of my inspiration for taking the dive. You would not believe how Bob has stepped up to the plate to help--you'd think HE was the bride. Nancy, thank you for your guidance. I couldn't have made this life altering decision without your wisdom.

I read all the posts and have everyone jangled in my memory and have to leave for PT in 15 minutes so I'll do a group response, if that's ok.

Nancy, I think Katy finally got what she needs and kudos to you for always being there for her. If I could be one tenth the mother you are, it would be enough. You give "good enough" another whole definition.

Terri, I'll be in your post camp laundry world on Monday. Fortunately, Noah usually comes home with only half of what he took! <grin> Keep us updated about the heffer (it WAS you, wasn't it?)

Molly, I'd never say "I told you so", but congrats on RC! As to your insurance issues, some years back our legislature passed AB88, which is called the "parity clause". Ins companies in Cal MUST treat Autism dx services as medical services, so you have to get your providers on board to mark everything as an Autism tx to get medical reimbursement, like OT (which should come from the school actaully), the orthodics and the like. We really have to meet in Irvine or something and talk this through.

Ellen, you also give "good enough" a whole new meaning with Jim. One of the things I learned from Nancy over the months is that marriages have their ups and downs, and arguing with Harry over your FIL is just another day of married life. Not to minimize what FIL did (he was mean, alll rght!), but in the grand scheme Harry's a great guy.

Terri and Linda, I forget who was picking cherries and who was picking blueberries, but I'm jealous you had the energy and fortitude to do it and create baked goods from it. Focus on what you CAN achieve and cherish those days.

There are some new names on the board: WELCOME and I'm sorry I haven't been on the welcome committee for you.

To the IBS girls-- what helps? I haven't had energy/time to even look it up yet.

Whoever I left out, please accept my apologies.

Anne Theresa, you just keep plugging away. I envy you for that but you are also a role model for me.

Who's doing the lapband? Bob wants to after the wedding so I'd love to hear more about it.

Which one is our new poster who took my ironic place? Remind me so we can regale the rest of you together.

I'm out of time (like what's new there?). I'm back and will stay back. Anyone who wants to hear about something pleasant (well, most of the time) like wedding plans, I'd love to share.

Everyone be well and I promise to be back often now that I have caught up reading; ya'all will just have to remind me who wrote what! lol

Hugs and kisses to all,
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It was me who was picking BOTH cherries and blueberries....we live in a great state for fruit! I have frozen most all of the fruit, but a pie was enjoyed first!

Big news- we got the steer! He is in our back field and seems a bit lonely- no other cows around. But he was up and eating, so he will adjust I think. His name is Chuck....get it?

Grey- yes, I remember lightning bugs from my childhood in Iowa.....those were fun days.

Take care, all!
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, you are getting to be a real jet-setter these days :) I'm glad your energy is holding out and allowing you to go back and forth from England. It would be terribly lonely & isolating experience for Katy otherwise. It seems she's getting excellent care, how wonderful!

Hi Linda, I hope your new desk fits in perfectly, a practical & aesthetic compliment to your room. It's nice, the de-cluttering and organizing that comes along with a new piece of furniture. De cluttering is the greatest exercise, it feels good to let go of what you don't need.

When I last purchased a teeny, tiny table for my living room chair-side, I ended up re-arranging the entire room to accommodate and better balance. Hopefully, you won't have to go to all that trouble with your new desk.

Terri, having a house guest for nine days - no matter how enjoyable the experience - makes for a lot of work. As sorry as we can feel to see a house guest leave, it's always a good feeling to reclaim our space.

Congratulations on your new steer, Chuck! His name puts me in mind of a friend who - when I first got Harriet - suggested I name my rabbit Stew.

Lenore, welcome back and congratulations on setting a wedding date.! With all that's going on in your life, there's bound to be a whirlwind of activity between now & then. I hope you recover well and completely from the injuries caused by the accident.

I concur with the idea that people with CFS/FMS have a more difficult time than others, in terms of recovering from injuries and illness. That's been my experience.

Related to your question about IBS, I find magnesium to be a great help for constipation (Increase daily dose until you achieve desired effect, I use 1000 mg. daily) and Immodium for diarrhea. To maintain, my best advice is a daily serving of both All Bran buds and Activia yogurt.

To Do Today

shower, shampoo, dress (still in p.j.'s)
    phone re: insurance
    return email messages

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]
  9. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I guess I won't be walking for awhile since I broke the joint in my little toe. It is a delightful shade of purple and blue.

Also no shawl ministry for me tomorrow. I am watching my youngest grandaughter. She is 13 months old and gets into everything. Anything that can go in the mouth does. My house is not kid proofed enough for her. Seems like my plans are always changing. As the saying goes, "Man plans-God laughs." Godbless
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Hubby's already made the arrangements for me to fly back to London this weekend for another short trip although we're not too sure if Katy's thrilled about it or not.

This will be her first anniversary and her husband as always, is being a boob. A part of her thinks that he'll be riding in on a white horse to visit and surprise her. The rest of us know differently.

Rumors abuzz about Ronnie Wood sightings since he's been stuck in detox for so long now...

Grey, I'm so sorry to hear about your tootsie....I'm sure it's very painful for such a small digit. Aren't those injuries usually the worst? And I loved your quip about changing plans, how true and something for me to remember!

Terri, I am completely farm ignorant...what will Chuck be doing out there by himself?

Linda, I agree with Anne Theresa about your new desk. Nothing has ever been as simple as adding a piece of furniture in my house. Suddenly, the entire room always needs to be changed around to accommodate the new piece. Hope you have an easier experience.

Erin, best of luck on your surgery tomorrow....take your time and be good to yourself afterwards.

And Lenore....wow you've been a busy girl lately. Surgery, accident and now a wedding too.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding....try to take things one day at a time. Are the kids happy about it too?

I'm so sorry about the accident and yes, I think we do react differently to pain and these situations.

I'm with Anne Theresa for the IBS....my problem is with IBS-D and I've had to adjust the amount of Immodium that I take daily to help deal with it. If you're dealing with IBS-C, then taking a daily Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc supplement will help and it's also very good for the body and muscle pain too. (Eliminated 90% of my body aches)

This supplement should be taken in combo form but some like Anne Theresa have problems with that, so do what your body needs you to do.

Can't wait for you to meet Erin, she's a hoot and you two will get along great. (Texangal)

As for me? I'm going to try to feel more human today and hopefully go shopping for some new clothes. I've gone from living in my jammies to dashing off to London and meeting celebrities in the last month, lol. After the unintended weight loss, I just don't have many things that fit anymore.
    (This is not an ordinary hospital, even the patients dress nicely)

Also need to do weekly pill packs and try to find something to pack for the weekend. My housekeeper comes today so that will be a big help and a good time for me to slip out and get something done.

Hugs all,

My apologies for anyone I've skipped. By this time in the morning my blood sugar is dropping and I always feel badly when I've left someone out.[This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm so sorry about your toe, Greygoddess. After a while, couldn't you just shake your head & say 'what next?' That's how I feel sometimes with my own illness & injuries as well as reading other people's posts of one thing after another. I hope you enjoy your granddaughter tomorrow and are able to keep up with her.

Nancy, your to-do list has grown by leaps & bounds with all that's going on in your life. I can appreciate your concern about Katy's upcoming wedding anniversary and I hope the day comes and goes without incident. I hope you find some pretty clothes to fit your new shape.

Isn't it funny, just as I was telling you all that I need to lose weight, my friend (that I get together with each Tuesday) asked me - out of the blue - if I'd like to join Weight-Watchers with her. Of course I said yes and I'm looking forward to getting back to meetings and hopefully, lose some of these pounds.

I'm up early today (even though I was up reading until 5 a.m.) and so I'm going to go for a little walk before the day gets too hot. I've missed my daily walks due to the extreme heat and feeling unwell so getting out for a walk will be my number one priority today. Beyond that:

- sweep & damp mop hardwood floors
    - put dishes away, clean kitchen counters & sink
    - tidy living-room
    - make bed, change bedding
    - nap
    - continue reading - I'm re-reading a fave novel 'the Time Travelers Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger. It's wonderful!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Well Katy's had her dose of reality when her husband called and said he doesn't love her anymore. Many of us were waiting for this to happen and hoping it would happen while she's hospitalized.

She cried her heart out then slept all day yesterday. When my husband called her last night, she was feeling refreshed and not even depressed, and was very surprised by this.

Crying is a vast improvement for her....and a much better way to deal with the pain that her usual alternative.

Today hubby took the day off so we'll try to shop and find me something to wear that fits. I shopped at our PX yesterday but of course, if you need something, there's nothing there.

It'll be nice to spend some quiet time with him, seems like we've just been passing each other around the house since I've been so tired from my trips.

Anne Theresa, I think weight watchers is a wonderful idea for you and I hope it helps you to lose some weight in a healthy way.

Hugs all,

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, I agree with Linda's assessment of your son-in-law and I believe Katey is much better off without him. I'm glad he ended the relationship, rather than string Katy along, which was what I was afraid might happen. At least Katy's spared a lifetime cycle of insensitive/cruel behaviour followed by flowers, apologies and promises. With that out of the way (so to speak) Katey can focus on her recovery.

Linda, as much as I hate the hot weather, I (typically) do much better during the summer months than I do during the winter. During the winter-time, depression becomes an issue due to the loss of sun-light and the isolation of being near-housebound. I also have thyroid issues and people with low-thyroid generally have difficulty with the cold weather.

On the other hand, if I lived where you do (I cannot fathom the summer temperatures you report) I'd surely be singing a different tune. Like many people, extremes on either side of the equation are difficult for me. I hope you have a nice weekend and enjoy the time spent with your mom.

I have a manicure appointment scheduled for this afternoon but, due to a plumbing emergency and the subsequent need to wait on plumbers, I may need to postpone my appointment. While waiting for the plumber,

put dishes away, clean kitchen counters & sink
    spot-clean floors
    clean/organize inside of fridge
    make bed, tidy bed-room
    dust (procrastinating on this, again)
    water outdoor plants

God bless,

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

Linda and Anne Theresa, thanks for the kind words and yes, it's very hard on her but....just in case things had to get worse...

Katy's coming home with me on Tuesday. The insurance people contacted the hospital and won't allow another week. So she's chosen to come home with me and I've extended my stay by 1 day.

Her doctor who's the head of Psychiatry even wrote them a letter stating that she's not ready to leave the facility yet but they're not listening. Something tells me this is a fiscal problem since others at the Priory are having the same thing happen to them.

I'm just glad that I've already made arrangements to go visit this weekend. That helped the situation out quite a bit.

Also glad hubby took today off so I didn't have to hit him up with all of this after a hard day's work.

So, I'll be gone till Tuesday afternoon this time and possibly later if they can't get her out on the same flight.

If you all feel up to it, send up some prayers please that I'll have the energy for this trip, the clarity of mind to do what needs to be done, and the patience and guidance to handle whatever her mood or condition may be.

Thanks and hugs all,

15. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi girls! My best time to be able to get on the computer appears to be after my son goes to bed for the night! At least in the summertime.

First, thank you all for the congrats on the Regional Center.

Grey~Oh no! How did you break your toe? Take it easy and I bet epsom salts will help. You can apply them to a wash cloth and rest it on your foot.

Nancy~I wish the ins company would agree to keep Katy. I hope your trip goes well. I will say some prayers for you and your family. Say hello to all the celebs from me;)

Anne Theresa~I'm glad you were feeling up to your girls night out. How was it? That is great you have someone to do weightwatchers with you. GL.

Linda~My Lyme results will be back in early August. Hope you are getting some energy back.

Lenore~Wow! A wedding date! Congratulations:) I'd really like to meet in Irvine but I know you are way too busy now. Maybe once the kids are back in school?

Okay, I have not been well. I took my ds to the dr yesturday to do a strep test to be sure it was gone. I told the doctor how badly he regressed and the horrible behaviors we have been dealing with since he got strep on 7/6. He told me kids with autism (and other neuro dx are affected very badly from strep). That is why he asked me to come in. He also mentioned PANDAS which stands for "pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiactric disorders associated with streptococcal infections. I guess their bodies make an antibody to the strep but it affects the area of the brain that affects movement and behavior. It can cause vocal tics, obsessions and compulsions. Also, causes moodyness, irritability and clingyness.

The ped didn't say he for sure had PANDAS but wants me to keep an eye on his behavior. You cannot really know for sure until there is another bout of strep and it causes these same reactions (as far as I understand at this point).

My son has been yelling out the word "butt" over and over all day everyday since this illness and making farting noises all day everyday. I keep talking to him about stopping and he keeps telling me he cannot stop. The doctor thinks it should improve soon.

I went to my therapist today. One of her specialties is autism spectrum disorders and she sees children, parents and entire family. I cried throughout the entire session. I am so done. I cannot take much more. I know I cannot adequately express how my days are with my son. Today was rough. I love him so much but with my stupid illness it makes it that much harder for me.

Tomorrow, my son will have math camp 2 hrs in the am and it will be really good for him. Then we have a family reunion on my dh's side. I'm really in no shape but I will go. I may fall apart. Oh well, maybe then they will realize the reality that my son truly does have autism and I deal with it every day.

If anyone says anything negative towards my son's behavior or my parenting I think I will flip out.

Well, sorry to be so cheerful(lol). I wish I could post a picture of my son here because he is so adorable and I wish i could come here and post about all of his wonderful qualities because there are so many. I just needed a safe place to tell you all what is going on with me.

16. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Linda- you asked how my MIL was.....well, this week she got some bad news. She has breast cancer and is going to undergo a mastectomy next Wed. Hubby is flying today to be with her for the surgery and to help her afterwards. It will not be an easy time for an 87 yr. old....bewildering, I'm sure. I'm glad hubby was able to go and be with her.

Nancy- Chuck (the steer) is in the field putting on weight, hopefully! He seems to be slowly adjusting to his new digs.

Grey- take care of the broken toe and don't run too hard after the fireflies....

Lenore- congrats on the wedding plans. Let us know all the details....what will you be wearing?

Anne Theresa- we need to rejoin Weight Watchers as well. I think it is the best "life plan" for a diet out there....at least you have some choices.

Nancy- Have a safe trip and I hope the trip back with Katy is uneventful. Take care of yourself, please.

Ellen, Molly and all.....hang in there!

17. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member