What's on your to do list: July 24 through 29

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Jul 24, 2007.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, All:

I didn't see this week's to-do list so I decided to start it myself.

Kim: I know you've been really busy so I'm hoping that's the reason the to-do list isn't posted and not that you're sick.

Linda: I'm sorry, but your story about the 024 spray for FMS did sound funny, although I'm sure it wasn't at the time. I've never heard of this product, but after yours and Anne Theresa's experience with it, I will be sure not to buy it. Too bad it's so greasy and smelly. I don't recall anyone saying how well it worked painwise?

Nancy: Congratulations to your daughter and her fiance. What day are they getting married? Your secret is safe with me!

I just started a new medication called Topomax that is supposed to counteract the side effect of Lyrica and Cymbalta that I'm on that has given me the "munchies". My doctor said a side effect of the Topomax is weight loss! (among a couple of other things, unfortunately). I'll let everyone know how much this curbs my appetite.

My ear doctor wants to see me in four months. The fluid in my ears is a little better. If not gone in four months, I may have to have tubes put in my ears to drain them.

My husband and I went to the fair on Sunday and I took my brother to the fair yesterday. Both days the weather was nice and we had a good time.

To-do list:

-vacuum hard floors upstairs (almost done)
    -pool therapy class (done)
    -put away clean clothes and dishes (done)
    -call a friend who is having surgery this week

Tomorrow's list:

-grocery shopping
    -have lunch with a friend
    -go to the fair to listen to a Beatles impersonator group
    called "Shout!" They are really good
    -rest in the afternoon so I can go to the fair

I hope to be back here again on Thursday. Isn't it hard to believe that next week is August? Where did the summer go?

2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Ellen, thank you or picking up the thread this week! I had no access to a computer, while we were at the lake. Forgot to pack it!

I'm to meet with, some guy, who is going to put me in a clinical trial of vitmain K. I am still on the Coumadin to get my blood at a good place, and stay that way. It's still too thick and have found no happy medium. I'm to only eat a small portion of foods with vit. K,but this trial has shown that small dosages of it actually helps stabalize the blood.

I have used my 'Swiffer Mini Vac'... I love it, and still need to unpack. I thank heaven for swiffer products! LOL They make life easier, for me.

So, Linda and Anne Theresa, what was this product you tried and hated? I'm assuming it's for these DD's...... Please give me the scoop, so I don't buy it! LOL

Nancy, is your daughter married? I'm such a scatter brain, I knew they had planned too!

Ellen, I'm glad your ears are better! Hey, if have tubes put in is a solution, I'd go for it, if needed! The 'Shout' team sounds like fun! Enjoy!

Wishing a good week to you all!

PS..for some reason this page goes on forever after I am done typing. Move on to next post after this! LOL

[This Message was Edited on 07/24/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2007]
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Ellen, Kim & those who follow.

The product that Linda and I were talking about is "Fibromyalgia 024". It's a topical spray, made from common ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil, camphor.

In terms of pain relief, it's about as helpful as similar products (for example: tiger balm, deep cold spray, absorbing junior etc.), that is to say it provides some relief but temporary.

I have three goals today; shower/shampoo, make casserole for dinner, go for a walk this evening with sweetie. Beyond that, I plan to putter around the house, continue reading Harry Potter (sigh!)and enjoy the weather from my front porch.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Where to start??? First off, I'm exhausted from the construction noises upstairs although I've been told they'll be done this week and just doing quiet things like painting.

My daughter came to stay with us on Saturday, her fiance left for the airport for his business trip on Sunday morning, early.....

We have shopped, and shopped to get as much as we can done before she left for Maryland so she won't have to stress about anything while she's there. We actually got lucky and even found a size 40DD strapless bra for the wedding day! (Very unusually to find what you need, when you need it on base)

She gets married on Friday at noon and I just hope nothing goes wrong...

My husband leaves on Saturday to go back to the states to the base by my Dad's house, he's exhausted too.

My to do list is tiny this week. I need groceries before he leaves and one med has no refills on it so that's all I need to do.

I'm hoping for some rest soon to help recover from this busy week and lack of sleep. Woke up at 3:45 am yesterday to see her off to the airport and wasn't able to nap all day afterwards even after taking 2 Tylenol PM's.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

You get the award for the busiest week...good luck with the wedding and I hope everything goes as planned ( or close!). I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and the ringbearer (only 3 yr. old) kept tossing the pillow up into the air. Finally someone took it away from him! His moment of fame was over. But it was cute.

I am cleaning and rearranging my freezer today because someone gave us a second freezer! Dream come true- now I can fill it with more fruit!! No, really- I have a problem. I collect fruit.......

I may make some apricot jam as well....our tree made a lot of apricots, so it's one of my favorite types of jam.

Take care, all!
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thursday's To-Do List

shower & shampoo (I accomplished this)
    e-mail etc.
    make bed
    clean kitchen counters/sinks/etc.
    wipe down washrooms
    empty wastebaskets
    eat lunch - leftovers
    dress/hair/make up
    out for a manicure
    pick up a few groceries
    home for a nap

Then, we'll see. I might go to a movie this evening or - depending on how I feel - I'll have a quiet night at home with sweetie.

Linda, my new walker is lovely, thanks for asking. Sadly, I haven't been using it as much as I'd anticipated, because walking is very difficult for me at the moment. Step-by-baby-step is my motto of the day.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I think we are going to buy some tires today...I will also be looking for a box of tomatoes, if the local ones are available. I can't believe it's almost August!

Also, I'm subbing at another church this Sunday on organ....I enjoy doing it when I get the chance.

I hope you all have a good weekend-
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yay-I made it back here this week! We've finally been having some rain this week. The grass is greening up again. Today is my husband's birthday-he's 51. We'll go out for dinner tonight. Nice for the cook to have a night off and also to have a birthday celebration. I'm not sure how long my husband will work today since they are talking about more thunderstorms for today. It stormed off and on all night.

My brother's group at the Hope Center was supposed to go out to the lake to swim and go for a boat ride. They may have to reschedule with the weather. I am so glad that Jim has become involved in this group and seems to enjoy it.

The Beatles group "Shout" at the fairgrounds the other night was so good, but it lasted until 10:00! Kind of late for us "old" folks! But we really enjoyed it!

I've been on a half dose of the new medication Topamax for a few days now and haven't noticed any bad side effects. I haven't noticed any decrease in my appetite (darn it!) but maybe that will come in time. After two weeks, my doctor wants me to go to the full dosage.

Yes, my ears are doing better. I'm having fewer days that feel like I have water in my ears, but I still have problems hearing. But, yes, if the tubes will help, I'm all for it.

Kim: That's okay. I don't mind starting this post if you can't do it.

Terri: I love to freeze fruits and veggies, too. We have a freezer in our basement (not a real large one since it's just my husband and me). I've started freezing squash and beans from our garden this week.

Linda: How are you doing? I suppose it's still terribly hot out your way.

To-do list:

-make copies and mail them for my husband (done)
    -cash husband's paycheck (done)
    -laundry (in the process)
    -mail bills (done)
    -walk on treadmill

Weekend list:

-go out to the lake with my husband (while he "eyes" the
    bikinis on the beach, I'll be out swimming!)
    -vacuum out car
    -pick up prescriptions
    -pick more veggies from the garden
    -not sure what else

Take care, everyone, and have a good weekend!

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

After the last week, I've pretty much blocked off this week with hubby gone again, to rest, nap and try to get back to normal although the construction isn't finished just yet, most of the really noisy stuff should be done soon.

I'm hoping I'll be able to nap when I need to, sew when I want to and clean when I have to!

I've posted a pic of the wedding....

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm happy for your daughter and new son-in-law. Your daughter looked taller to me than I remembered from an earlier pic you posted....but she did look beautiful.
    Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yes, I would have loved to have been there but it was planned this way and her second Mom (my very dear friend) went with her girls. We've known each other for over 10 years so we're more like family.

They'll continue to live about 25 minutes away and hopefully we can all stick around for years to help her along the way.

Terri, she is taller! She was 14 in that other pic...wow what a memory you have.

The weight gain is from her Seroquel (for schitzophrenia and other mental problems). It cause her to become hypothyroid too so the weight is definitely an issue.

We had bought the dress months ago and it was too big but when she tried it on last week, it just slipped right on.

Thanks all... and mostly just for being here so I could share.

Nancy B