What's on your 'To Do' list June 1 to June 7th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, May 31, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen I'm glad you're getting your resumes out and being proactive in your job search. Something wonderful is out there for you!

Molly, I'm so glad you got your respite care....but so sorry you're in pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Although I woke up early again today with another headache, I have such a feeling of love and peace that I'm just about bursting with it.

It's probably from having that special month alone with hubby (or almost a month, he was gone for 10 days) and having Katy doing so well on her meds again. It's just so peaceful and beautiful here....and I'm loving life again!

We still don't have our new tv channels yet, the man who installed our stuff on Friday didn't speak any English so that made things difficult. We had a really nice weekend again....

Today might be a day of rest for me but I still have a few things to do this week.

Hugs all,

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

It's already June! It has been gray and drizzly here since last week. I kind of like it though. It is nice and not too hot yet. Not like it gets humid or way to hot here but I am very sensitive to temperature extremes.

I need to get moving today. I have a lot of grocery shopping. I need to redo a load of laundry. I think we may need a new washing machine. After I did my son's load which was full of dirt and mud the clothes and bottom of the washer still had dirt in it!!!

Yesturday when we had respite my husband took me to finally get my Mother's Day gift (LOL). I wanted cozy nice pajamas. I got the bottoms but they were out of my size on the soft tank top. Oh well I guess I will keep looking for a matching top. I love the bottoms though, they are so pretty and fit great.

My husbands aspieness is making me crazy! He is so oblivious and forgets to respond when I say something to him. I keep reminding him but he is who he is. I am reading a book called "Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's" by John Elder Robison. It is a real eye opener for me to understand both my husband and my son. The author is probably close to my husband's age too so he went undiagnosed of course.

Wow Nancy~ that is so great that you are loving life! Very happy for you. Glad you are in such a nice place. My neck is feeling better. Just a little pain on my right side still.

hi to everyone else:)
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Everyone,
    It has been the usual end of the school year busy here. Recitals and boys keeping us busy- but that's OK. School will be out soon. And I'm looking forward to that as much as the boys are!

Nancy- glad you are doing well lately. I hope that trend continues!

Molly- hang in there! Will your son be out of school soon? I imagine he has some structured activities in the summer.....especially with his Asperger's. You are a good mom.

Ellen- I was sorry to hear of your job loss. Keep your active search going, because that's what it takes. I'm praying that you'll find something soon.

To do: take Mother to her urologist appointment.
    Homeschool the boys
    Choir concert tonight

Take care all,
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Sweetie & I have been sick since Friday with cold & sore throat & flu. We've been up and down from bed, taking care of each other and thankfully, we both feel better today. I'm back to my normal and sweetie's back to work.

Nancy, I'm glad you're experiencing such happiness and joy.

Molly, your jammy bottoms sound lovely. I hope you find a nice, comfy pajama top. I'm glad you found a good book. It helps to feel less alone.

Enjoy your concert Terry!

To-Do List

My sister's visiting today. We're going to have lunch, then go shopping.
    Before that occurs, I have a few things to do:

shower & shampoo
    get dressed
    tidy house

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  5. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

It sure is quiet over here. I hope everyone is okay. I had a couple of flair days where I was in pain and in bed but I am doing better. I overdid it by walking my usual beachwalk with my friend on Tuesday. Then I had to walk the dog and I could feel my energy draining.

This morning I will go to my son's school for a special picnic for the volunteers. I am looking forward to that.

Then, this afternoon I pick up my son and go right to therapy with him. It is a bit of a drive especially on a Friday night with traffic coming down from LA for the weekend. My husband has meetings with clients so he can't go.

Then, tonight there is an ice cream social with games and chances to win free books at Liam's school. I sort of dread it but don't want to keep him away since everyone talks about it and he knows it's happening KWIM? It's the crowds, the wide open space, the running away from us and not looking back. Just disapearing for long amounts of time while we are looking frantically for him and lastly trying to get him to leave the event while he is kicking, hitting and running away any chance he gets. It is just not possible for me to lift him anymore. He is 55-60 pounds or so and if he is struggling I cannot do it. My husband will be there. I have to rest up for this today! Who knows he may surprise us and do well. I will let you know!

To do:
    Enjoy volunteer recognition at the school:)

write social story for the ice cream social- go over and over it with Liam

set rules and boundarys for ice cream social and let him know what privledges he will lose

Put temporary tattoo on Liam with my cell number on it in case he gets lost!

call to set up respite for June

hugs to you all!
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I had an enjoyable day on Tuesday with my sister, followed by a busy day of appointments and shopping on Wednesday. This wore me out.

On Thursday, I was so exhausted, I stayed in bed all day. Today, I was awake at a reasonable hour but I couldn't mustered the energy to actually get up from my bed until past noon.

I get frustrated and down-on-myself for needing all this extra rest, even though I remind myself it's not my fault, it doesn't mean I'm lazy, I'm just reacting to illness, my body's limitations & demands. Can anyone relate?

Molly, I'm glad you're feeling better, though sorry you suffered through some pain-filled days. A beach walk sounds lovely, so long as you don't overdo. I hope your busy day goes well and without a hitch.

Friday to-Do List

clean bathtub & sink
    empty wastebaskets
    tidy bookshelf
    return movies
    grocery shopping
    (sweetie will help with this)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all, I hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend.

I did nothing on yesterday's list so I'm working from that today. I feel a bit more human though still very fatigued. I plan to grocery shop this eve. and see Star Trek on Saturday with sweetie. God willing, I'll feel up to it.

God bless,