What's on your "To Do" List June 16 to June 22?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jun 16, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Still not much on my to do list just yet....

Katy came and spent the day with me and it was just exhausting. She's not well yet at all, I'm not even sure why she's out of the hospital yet.

She's been off of her thyroid meds for days now and we know that's not good.

I think she's going to spend her first day alone at home tomorrow and I'm not sure whether to be relieved or worried more for her being alone in this condition.

I just hope this poor child finds some relief from this awful condition soon.....

Sorry to sound so bummed, I'm just exhausted.

Let's hope for a better week for all!

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy, I share your hopes for Katy. My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how mentally & physically exhausting this experience must be for you, particularly because it's cumulative; episodes one after the other without so as a breathing space between. Sending gentle, cyber hugs to you ((( ))).

I see the doctor this afternoon so, aside from some light housework, that's today's main event.

This evening I'm expecting a new(ish) fridge to delivered to replace our present fridge which has seen better days. So, I need to prepare for that, clear out the food etc., then see about setting up the new one.

I hope everyone has a good Monday, to begin a good week.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hellooooooooo Friends! I've missed you. I had a laptop meltdown and have been nuts without it! However, it was really 'sick' so I have a new one!

I need to read the back weeks and get caught up. Then I will respond more.

Nancy, you certainly have a right to sound 'bummed'. My heart goes out to Katy, but also to you. It is hard to see your beloved child this way. Especially, when you are hurting with your own DD's. You all will remain in my prayers!

Anne Theresa, watch that blister, it can become infected! I am proud of you and your commitment to exercise. Heck, if I walk in a parking lot, I feel as if I've done the Boston Marathon! LOL

To all.. I wish you peace, and some relief from your pain, or other obligations.

Cannot wait to catch up!

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm back.....it was a great trip. I now have two wonderful granddaughters...the older one is 4 and she is a bundle of energy. Everything that was going on, she wanted to help or be a part of. Definitely energetic! She would go on walks with me and constantly run off of the road to pick some wild roses, dandelions, or whatever she could find. The new granddaughter's name is Elise Ann, and she was a sweet baby. But towards the end of our stay, I think she was getting a little colicky. I think our daughter will have to avoid certain foods (she's nursing) to help her avoid the gas problem.

Ellen and Nancy- I hope life settles down for you now....stress has a way of making you exhausted!

Linda- yes, the weather was nice and cool. The boys had trouble sleeping with it being light all night...it came in through the blinds! But our warmest temp up there was 75, which was not hard to handle at all! I hope you get some nice temps in Flagstaff.

Anne Theresa- I've missed a few of last week's emails.......is your bathroom completed?

Nice to hear from everyone again...and to be back in touch. Now if I could just get my son-in-law to move down to Washington state, I'd have it made!

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

It was great to see you all checking in again. I want to thank you all for the prayers and support.

Linda, the reason she wasn't on her thyroid meds is because her husband took the week off when she got out of the hospital so she didn't come here like she usually does.

Sounds like it would be a good plan right? No....the first day out of the hospital they moved their old sofa down 5 1/2 flights of stairs. But the sofa had been in their hall for over 6 mos. Then he wanted to play golf, so 18 holes of golf.

Her meds were packed in her backpack upstairs but he didn't get them out for her, she was doing the pills by herself and trying to remember what she was supposed to take. It wasn't until she told me on Sunday that I made her go upstairs and get the pills. She took her night time pills by mistake that day.

So the 'week off' wasn't about her at all or even giving her time to re acclimate herself to the changes...it was all about what he wanted to do on 'his' week off.

She's a mess....and I honestly don't know how she handles this on a daily basis. She's rapid cycling bi-polar without getting a break. There is no normal for her. Her highs aren't high, they're just a happy break from the devastating depression and psychosis. She's still hearing voices....

Sorry all...again...I just have a very heavy heart right now and have to wonder realistically if she'll make it through this.

Terri, I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your grand daughters.

Anne Theresa, I hope you doc visit goes well for you.

Kim, so good to see you back and posting.

Hugs all,

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends.

It's good to see you, Kim, I'm glad you're back on-line. Thanks for the comment about my commitment to exercise. My daily walks are what keep me well. During the winter months, when I'm near-housebound, the difference in how I look & feel (completely awful!) is astounding.

In fact, at yesterday's doctor's appointment the doctor asked me if I'd consider moving somewhere where there's less winter. That would be nice, but with the bookstore purchase (January '09) we're settled here for a good while.

Linda, congratulations on 30 years married! I hope you have a great celebration. I can't imagine living in temperatures of 110-114. That seems like the flip-side of Canadian winters - too much weather, hot or cold, is difficult. Enjoy your time in Flagstaff!

I'm glad you got home safe & sound Terri, after such a nice visit with your family. Elise Ann is such a pretty name. To answer your question, no, my bathroom is not complete. Work has come to a standstill while my father-in-law is away for two weeks. Thankfully, our sink is installed and so that makes my life a bit easier.

Nancy, your son-in-law does not sound like a very supportive partner. I don't know what it will take for him to 'get it'. Please don't apologize for sharing your heavy heart with us - that's what friends are all about. I'm glad Katy's back on her meds, hopefully this will help somewhat.

I got the diagnosis re: my breathing problems. As I feared, it's emphysema. The doctor wrote me, yet another prescription for my puffer - this makes three inhalants - a steroid this time, hopefully to slow-down the progression.

My foot is healed completely so I was able to take a nice walk yesterday and I hope to do the same today. This is also the day I get together with my friend. It will be nice to see her - we've missed the last two Tuesday's as she's been out-of-town nursing her brother who had surgery.

To-Do List

put dishes away, clean counter tops
    fold & put away laundry
    menu-plan (find some new recipes to try)
    & make grocery list
    water house plants
    swiffer floors
    walk, then rest
    out with friend

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Nancy~ I feel for what you must be going through. So sorry Katy is in such a bad place with her illness. Maybe it would help if she went to the hospital again. Her hubby doesn't seem to know how to help her or rather is unwilling. Take extra special care of yourself. Doesn't have to be too time consuming but something, anything that helps you feel better.

Anne Theresa~ OMG Emphysema? Did you have any idea this was a possibility? Hugs and hope you can find out more about it and how to care for it. Hope you have a nice day out with your friend.

Kim~ new laptop, very cool. Let us know how you are doing once you get caught up.

Linda~ Congratulations on your 30th anniversary! Flagstaff is beautiful. Hope you enjoy.

Lenore~ Sorry you had to miss all of those special events. Hope you are feeling better. Are your kids doing any camps this summer?

Terri~ Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice time with your granddaughters.

Yesturday I was so worn out. Unbelievably so. I slept for 2 hours in the afternoon and was still exhausted. I fell aspleep at 9:30 while watching t.v. I have a little more energy today but will probably still need a nap.

My son is in his favorite science camp for 3 hours a day for this week and next. He loves it. I'm trying to pin my cousin down to come visit and help us with the video taping of my son's behaviors. I'm supposed to call her in a few minutes. She is in L.A. and can come down on the train.

We have our first in-home behavior therapy coming up this Friday. I am really looking forward to it. It can't come at a better time. The transition to summer is really hard for kids on the autism spectrum.

My dh and I will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary on Sunday. We hope to go to lunch at this really nice resort nearby. Maybe we can go for a beach walk. Depends on babysitter.

I got dh the original first 3 Pink Panther movies for Father's Day. We may watch one tonight. If I can stay awake;)

I'm sending prayers and hugs for the struggles people are going through.

8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I really lucked out here at the library. The computers are busy, but I got the one computer that you can have for two hours! The others you can only have for a half hour. It really isn't enough time for me to look at your previous posts, write to all of you, then check my e-mail. I need more time, but often there are people waiting so I can't get back on again. Sometimes late afternoon isn't busy, but often it is. How I envy those of you who have computers at home!

What a beautiful day it is here. I got out in the garden and did some weeding and also finished spring cleaning my laundry room.

Yes, Jim is still in the hospital, but the visitation times during the week are limited. This is just as well as I need a break from caring for him. Plus, he is in a good place with professional people who know how to care for him. Know that he is Court ordered to take his medication, he is continuing to take it. He is getting better, but of course it will take time for the medication to work again. But for some reason the doctor in the hospital is a different one and is using different medications. I wish they would use the same medications that his regular doctor, Dr. Noble, had him on that worked so well for him.

As for Don, I found out that the Statute of Limitations for any possible sexual abuse crimes is two years and it's been over two years since Jim was in that group home. I really don't understand this. To me a crime is a crime and there shouldn't be a time limit on it. Plus, Jim insists that Don simply took his clothes off and nothing else happened. It seems hard to believe, but with the Statute of Limitations, we can't punish him anyway.

Of course, he is still running this group home and the other people in the home may have been sexually abused. They need to be protected and checked out. I haven't heard anything from Adult Protective Services. I would like to be given the chance to talk to them. But for now I feel like a need a break. As you can imagine, this has all been very stressful.

Tomorrow I will be going to a FMS workshop in Ann Arbor that I learned about in my FMS support group. It's not a long workshop-only two hours. So that should be interesting. I am driving a rental car this week as my car is in the shop having that scratch repaired. I should have my car back on Friday at the latest.

Lenore: I'm so sorry you missed the wedding and felt that the time in the hospital was a waste of time. But maybe it wasn't since you got a diagnosis of IBS? It is quite common to have IBS with FMS. I also have IBS, but have managed to keep it under control most of the time.

Nancy: I certainly hope that the marriage counseling helps, but your SIL has to really want to make this marriage work. He seems so childish and self-centered. I'm sorry Katy is not doing well. Too bad the hospital didn't keep her longer. That's what I'm afraid of. That the hospital will let Jim out too soon. I'm glad your let is doing better and that you like your new diningroom furniture.

Anne Theresa: I'm glad you are able to keep up on your walks, but sorry it's not making any difference in your weight. Right now I've hit a plateau, but to be honest, I know I've been eating a little more, too. But at least I'm not gaining. But I'm sure this must be frustrating when you are trying so hard.

Molly: I'm so sorry the evaluation with the psychiatrist didn't go well. I didn't know your husband also is autistic. That must be frustrating for him and difficult for you to be dealing with your own health issues, and then have your son and husband's problems, too.

Linda: Congratulations on being married for 30 years! Enjoy for trip. Even though you have to take it a little early, that's okay.

Sue: Sorry you're not feeling well, but that's great that you are finally getting settled into your new home.

Kim: I'm glad you have a new computer so you can check in with us a little more often. It seems like you've had a lot of problems with the old one.

To-do list:

-finish spring cleaning laundry room (done)
    -do two loads of laundry (done)
    -weed vegetable garden (done)
    -check e-mail
    -visit Jim

To-do list for tomorrow:

-continue spring cleaning basement
    -go to FMS workshop in the afternoon

That's it for me! I'll try to get back on here before the week is over. Jim is supposed to get out of the hospital sometime this week so we'll see.

Take care, everyone.

9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I just read through your posts, and it sounds like we are all in need of a little prayer. I'm sorry I don't have the energy to reply to each, but I did say a prayer for each as I read. May God bless and help each with burdens.

Terri, I did notice that your new granddaughter is names Elise Ann. Our 3 month old granddaughter is names Elsa Ann...I like them both.

I unpacked some boxes, folded some laundry, ran the vacuum over the house. I have more to do, but will probably not do much more today. I can't do it all at once.

Had a fun couple hours as Jennifer, Jim's daughter, stopped by here after Ben's (grandson) swimming lessons. They came and swam in the pool, giving Ben a chance to practice some of his new skills. The baby loved being in the water with Mom, and then Grandma held her while she slept. Nice. They have gone home which is also nice.

It is very hot...shows 98 degrees on the patio. Glad for air conditioning. Felix is staying in this afternoon. Too hot for a very thick-furred, fat cat.

My best to all.

Have a good rest of your day.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends.

The weather has turned cold here - so strange - I had to wear a sweater & jacket for my walk this aft. Never-the-less, the walk was enjoyable. I made it all the way to the grocery store, picked up the few things on my list and then took a cab home.

Molly, Happy Anniversary! I hope you and your partner have a lovely day and a nice lunch celebration. A walk on the beach sounds perfect! I hope you can arrange babysitting so you can spend some quality time with each other on your special day.

To answer your question, I wasn't surprised with the diagnosis of emphysema because my mom had it and I recognized the symptoms in myself. The medication has already helped a bit and hopefully the new medication - which I start tomorrow - will help some more. Enjoy the Pink Panther (what a cool gift!).

Ellen, I'm sorry to hear the statute of limitations has passed with regard to Don. It doesn't seem fair - particularly with crimes of a sexual nature which sometimes are not brought forward at once, due to fear & shame - that the cut-off is two years.

I'm glad Jim is returning to his medication. It's been a long haul and these issues have played on you I know. Time to set your worry aside. Enjoy the workshop tomorrow.

Sue, thanks for your prayers. I also pray as I read posts, so I won't forget afterward. It sounds like your making progress with all that you have to do. How nice to have an afternoon visit with your grandchildren.

I'm tired from my walk so my to-do list is going to be brief.

- clean kitchen counters, sinks etc., put dishes away
    - make vegetables & pasta for dinner
    - swiffer hardwood floors
    - read & rest

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

[This Message was Edited on 06/18/2008]
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Things aren't looking good here so I'll just try to keep it brief.

I had to pull my husband out of a meeting with the Assistant Sec. of Defense yesterday to come get me so we could get to Katy again. I hope he can keep his job through all of this...

She'll be with me here today, go home tonight so her husband can take her to her psych appt tomorrow. Then she'll have a bag packed and come back to be with me for another 7/24 watch. (her husband's leaving for a week on Monday)

I finally 'got' what my husband's been saying all along...she should be hospitalized again. I'm not medically qualified to care for her when it's so bad like this, a hospital should be doing it.

On a side note, my husband bought a used truck this week. He's been driving my little bitty Mazda for the last 5 years and at 6'7", he barely fits, but he wanted me to have the Volvo at my disposal for driving around Germany.

It's a beautiful big truck, perfect for him and I'm so happy he's getting his midlife crisis mobile at a great price. We needed a little bit of happy around here.

Hugs all,

12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- guys love trucks! I didn't know your husband was soooo tall- I imagine it was a bit cramped in the Mazda! My daughter has a Mazda truck and it isn't running...maybe we should buy your old one??

Linda- hope you are having a wonderful anniversary trip. Congrats on being married 30 years.....we've been married 31 now.

Ellen- like Anne Theresa said, I hope you can relax some this summer. Try not to let the worries get you down. But we're always here for you if you need to talk.

Sue- We like the name Elsa as well. I had thought about that for one of our twins, but they turned out to both be boys. Don't think they'd like the name Elsa anymore!

I'm praying all of my friends here have a good day!

13. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I have to make this quick. I have to pick up my lil guy at science camp soon.

I feel overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have to do. I have procrastinated on so many things. It is like I just don't function. All I can do is keep my head above water.

Today's to do:

e-mail gymnastics coach to see if she will work with my son

call about a medical bill from a doc who supposedly took my ins.

research which 1st grade reading book goes with the workbook I bought

figure out how to size my son's pattibobs (orthotics) and order a new pair

call cousin AGAIN to see if she can visit next week

call school OT if our schedule will work for a yoga for kids program this summer

To do list that hangs over my head at all times:

Have dh take over the billing of our autism specialist. We have lots of bills and need to do our own ins. Hubby said he would take care of it after tax season.

Billing ins for our Occupational Therapy(OT) for son. We have lots of bills to send in.

Call school OT's program lady to see if we can bill the yoga through ins.

Call the special education mucky muck and ask how he expects my son's IEP with respect to OT will be followed since they gave a pink slip to current COTA (OT asst who actually does the work with my son). Who will be doing OT???????

Take son shoe shopping once we get pattibobs. No matter how much kicking and screaming WE WILL get at least one pair with shoelaces instead of velcro.

I love you guys. Sorry to vent. You all are on my mind and I hope for some good good things to happen for us all.

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Molly no worries about the vent, you do have a full plate going on don't you?

Anne Theresa, I'm so sorry about your dx. I hope the new puffer will begin to help soon and eliminate some of your symptoms.

As for me, Katy's psych appt is this morning and she's decided by herself...that she needs a long term hospitalization and I completely agree. She even called her doc herself yesterday.

I talked to the doc as she was unable to return the call while Katy was here. She agrees about the hospitalization, TG.

I'm hoping they can find an all female hospital for her that will take her for at least 30 days, if not more....she so desperately needs it right now.

For me, I think I'm going to try to go to the grocery store this morning although I won't be able to carry the groceries up from the car. I won't push myself that far, I'll just try to minimize the cold foods so I only have a bag or two.

My IBS-D has just been horrific this past week or so, hopefully it will give me a break today so I can get this done before she arrives after her appt.

Hugs all,

15. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi ladies!

Ellen~ I'm curious about the fms workshop. Anything interesting to share with us? That is so bad about Don and the statute of limitations. Two years is nothing. Plus, he is still working in the group home environment?

Sue~ Good for you to pace yourself with the unpacking. I do not do well in heat! 98! We do not have air conditioning though. It is supposed to be 84 today then cool down a little in the next couple days. FELIX! I used to watch that cartoon:) That is a great name for a cat.

Terri~ How is it going since your trip? Hopefully you are pacing yourself with laundry and unpacking. That is my least favorite part of vacations. Hope you are well.

Nancy~ I am very glad that Katy will return to the hospital and that she realizes it is best. Sorry about your IBS. I'm sure the stress has an impact on that. Wow! I thought my hubby was tall at 6'3". We always have to pick our cars carefully. My new prius has lots of headroom. Who knew?

Hugs to those who aren't around. Let us know how you are.

To do:

Appt. at 11 (at our house) with our autism behavior specialist. It has been months since we have seen her. We are hoping the Regional Center will help fund this service. It could be a 2-3 hour appointment.

pay bills

pattibobs sizing (didn't do yesturday)

laundry, put away clean clothes that have been piling up

dinner-dh bbq tilapia, fruit salad. For son cod fish sticks, fruit salad

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ladies, I can't begin to tell you how much my newest puffer medication (flovent) is helping my breathing!

Loosing the capacity to breath is much like failing eyesight in that it happens so gradually you may not notice the loss until the correction (eyeglasses in the case of vision, an inhalant in the case of emphysema) are made. (I recall when I got my first eyeglasses as a child, I was in awe of being able to see leaves on trees, rather than the blur of green which I was accustomed to seeing on the tree-tops.)

The two previous puffer meds (that I will continue to use) minimized the wheeze but the new one, flovent (it contains a steroid but because it is inhaled rather than taken orally, I'm spared the infamous steroid side-effects)allows me to take a nice, deep breath something that I haven't done for years. I'm so very happy!

Thank you all for your kind support and prayers during this time of having my breathing problems brought forward, diagnosed and treated.

To-Do Today

daily housework, finished
    manicure appointment
    lunch with Dave
    clean, organize spice jars
    make jello with fruit
    make pasta salad
    water plants indoors & out
    fill out insurance forms

I have to leave in a few minutes for my appointment followed by lunch with Dave, so I don't have time to respond individually. You're in my thoughts & prayers, each of you & your families.

I'm looking forward to today's outing as the weather is lovely.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  17. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    Anne Theresa- so glad your Flovent is helping. I know the feeling of not being able to take a full breath, due to asthma as a child, and it's no fun. One of the twins has slight asthma, so he is starting allergy shots. They have really helped me.

Nancy- I'm glad that Katy will be getting some long term care. It sounds like everything needs to be reevaluated and that she just plain needs more help than she's getting from her hubby. Too bad.

Molly- Actually, I'm not ill with either fibro or CFS....I have a 21 year old son who was very sick with CFS 3 years ago, and I got involved with this board. He's much much better now but I still like my involvement here, so here I am. Hope you don't mind.....but I love talking with you guys!

Today we are going to an outdoor wedding. It's a student we know, and the twins are not excited about going......they'll have to dress up, you know. But they will survive. They are more excited about Scout camp, coming up in a few weeks. A whole week without a shower, that's the life!

18. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I am a little late for this week but I will go ahead anyway.

Nancy: I am sorry about Katy and hope she gets the care she needs.

Anne Therese: I am glad the flovent is helping.

Terri: Our two oldest grandkids are in Alaska for 2 weeks visiting their maternal grandfather. They sound like they are having fun.

It has been a week. My mother has been here from Kentucky since the 4th and will be going back on the 25th. A little too long in my opinion. Any way I gave her an 88th birthday party at our house. It was a pot luck so that helped but there was still a lot of work involved. There were 40 some people and thank God the weather was only chilly and not rainy as my house can't hold that many people.

That was on Wednesday. On Friday one of our sons and his kids and I took my mom to the zoo. She is now at my brother's until the night before she goes home. May be I'll get some rest.

Not seeming to get over the bronchitis as I hoped. I do feel better but am tired all the time. It doesn't take much to wear me out.

For those of you I forgot to mention, please forgive me. My memory is not that good. I am going to have to start writing these things down so I can reply to all of you.