What's on your 'To Do' List June 22 to June 29?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jun 21, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.....

I am so sorry that I worried you all last week...my sincerest apology to all of you.

Now I hang my head low and admit that I had a wonderful week last week and I can't even remember why I didn't make it here to the boards.

My husband was gone for the week on business and Katy and I had the best time....I know we were so busy the first 3 days getting everything on our list done so by the time I got home I was probably just pooped and back in bed.

Monday night we watched a 3-D movie together (my first) with a glass of wine in her room, it was a blast! Tuesday night I did a pedicure for her outside and it was just lovely to sit and look at our beautiful view.

Wednesday I finally had to mow some of our grass, it was over a foot tall in places so thursday and friday I was just wiped out with fatigue.

Hubby came back Friday night, his truck is in the shop now so we had to run some errands together on Saturday.....had a lovely lunch out together and yesterday again...just tired.

I don't think I even realized a week had passed since I was on here but.....the good news is......Katy is doing wonderful!!!!! We haven't seen her this good in years and it's sooo wonderful!!! (said that didn't I?)

In fact, she's doing so well that hubby and I started planning a small getaway to Ireland in July. We haven't felt like we could leave her alone for years now (even when she was married) so we're going to jump on this and get the heck out of here for a few days.

We're deciding between 3 castle/hotel type places to stay but we're going to call and do a bit more research to make sure they can accommodate my special dietary needs.

Molly, you hang in there......

Kim, I hope your doc can get to the root of the problem and doesn't just treat the symtom of fatigue, that's so important!

Ellen & Anne Theresa.....hugs to you both....(wishing I had minimized the other page so I could remember what you both wrote)

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Nancy, I'm so glad to see you and I'm relieved your absence from the board was due to pleasurable activities rather than illness. Katy's remission is amazing - perhaps her most recent diagnosis and subsequent treatment is right on the mark. I hope and pray it lasts for her. Ireland in July, that sounds like a dream-come-true. You and your hubby deserve a nice holiday.

I did a fair amount of housework over the weekend, since Sweetie had to work and it was raining outside, so aside from having to do a few daily chores, I'm free today. I'll probably spend my time reading & writing and at some point I'll go out for a nice scoot (it's warm & sunny today).

To Do Today

empty wastebaskets
    windex mirrors & screens
    put dishes away
    clean counters & sinks
    swish washrooms

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It's beautiful, very warm and SUNNY..again! Everyone has waited for this for months! We are hoping to make it to the lake sometime this week.

Nancy: It is great to know you were having FUN last week! No need to apologize for that! I am happy all is going so well and you and DH are planning some time in Ireland. I would love to go there! Katy doing much better brings much happiness! I hope you have a great week(s) to follow!

Anne Theresa: Glad you were able to use your scooter! The weather does make a huge difference! It sounds as if your weekend was good, also!

My girlfriend's husband (dx with cancer two weeks ago) died this morning. My dad's brother's wife was dx'd with terminal cancer. She and my 'uncle' kept their children away from my grandmother and us. I am so thankful my cousin, Dave tore down those barriers and we have a relationship. A very good breast cancer friend learned she had lung cancer last week. I am sickened by the "C" word.

We had a good weekend. Our daughter hosted Father's Day and it was a lot of fun! I had to 'share' my grandson with many others! It was nice, it gave me time to visit with everyone else! It was a beautiful day in all senses.

Hopefully, I will be scheduled to see Ellen's doctor, in MI, in the near future. They needed a referal from my GP which was faxed and filled out. I know he will do a lot of blood work, which I believe needs to be done. Actuallly look forward to seeing a doctor! LOL

The bath's need cleaned. So do I! LOL! Jim and I may go look for more plants and bushes to plant so we can get our mulch down. We have my mom's 'Westie' Chloe, staying with us to give her a few days off without having to let her in and out. She is our dog's best friend! LOL

I hope this day goes well for everyone!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm tired today and so I opted out of my weight-watchers meeting, deciding instead to stay home and rest. My plan is to curl up with a book and if I happen to fall asleep that's okay.

Kim, I'm glad you have such lovely weather and I hope you get your wish to go to the lake soon.
    I'm sorry you feel like you're surrounded by cancer at the moment, it must be a dreadful feeling. Thank goodness for those fun-filled family days - like the one you enjoyed over the weekend - they help to even-out the stark & tragic side of life.

I hope you don't have to wait too long to see the doctor in MI. It's goode you feel hopeful; that's the best way to approach a new doctor and a new treatment plan. Enjoy Chloe! Westie's are adorable.

To-Do List

make and eat something
    curl up on chair with the aforementioned-book

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2009]
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all....

Anne Theresa, I hope you managed to enjoy your day with your book. I know for me, sometimes I'm just too tired to do even that.

Kim, I'm so sorry you have so much going on. That's so sad to hear....

Well I had my first 'real' physical therapy appt this morning. I had called last week to cancel because I thought the doctor there was an idiot. The lady I spoke to was so nice and helpful, understanding about all my illnesses that she convinced me to give it a try.

I, as usual...was right the first time, plus they are so rude there! After insisting I finish 5 minutes on the Eliptical machine.....which I made it through after complaining of the guy's rudeness.....and about 2 minutes on the next machine, my body was done.....They called the doc out after I told them he's an idiot and there's no way I can manage all the machines they had me scheduled to do....

So I walked out....told them to cancel any further plans and appts for me........and had to of course, spend the afternoon in bed, in pain because of it. I am still so angry about it......one size fits all physical therapy is never going to work for my body......Fibro alone is enough but after this latest disease had done it's damage, there's just not enough left of me to start where other people start and do what others are expected to do.

So............I'm guessing tomorrow's plans will be more of the same. Katy has a doc appt on base on Friday and I'll have to be able to take her to that.

Hugs all,

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Nancy, I'm sorry your physical therapy didn't work out. I don't think a lot of physiotherapists understand just how fragile some of us are and how much damage the wrong kind of exercise can do. Because our muscles don't repair themselves after exercise (the way normal muscles do) exercising beyond our personal limit adds injury to insult. I'm glad you took the initiative to leave. There are many other treatment options, hopefully you'll find something that is individually tailored to your needs.

It's too hot for comfort today, as it was yesterday. I'm staying indoors with 3 fans and a small a/c that I turn on intermittently to take the edge off the heat. In the worse of the summer heat, l hole up in the bedroom (where the a/c is located) but so far this season I haven't needed to go to that extreme. This heatwave is supposed to break tomorrow - that will be nice - though once our house grabs hold of the heat it takes a long time to cool off.

Given the heat, I'm taking it slow today. I've been puttering about with the housework but only working for a few minutes at a time.

Friday To-Do List

water plants
    empty wastebaskets
    make pudding & fruit cups
    change sheets & pillowcases
    read & write

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Nancy, I would be absolutely furious with the doctor and his 'team'... Now to be hurting, so much,at a time when you were feeling better. Anne Theresa is right on about the lack of knowledge many 'so called' professionals have. Good for you, standing up to them and telling them exactly how you felt! That is 'way' cool!

Anne Theresa, I hope you are able to find relief from this horrid heat and humidity! It is awful here, too! I always think of the people, especially seniors, who are housebound and don't have fans, or anyway to cool themselves. It is so sad. My dad donated fans to the Salvation Army. It's a good idea and one I intend to act on. You take care and stay comfortable!

I spent the day shopping with my DD and my grandson, yesterday. Thank heaven for air conditoned stores! She bought us some items we will need for our home when I start to babysit in July. Of course, I just had to buy for Sam, also! It was a nice day, and good to be out and about.

Ellen's Fibro Doctor's office, called me this morning for me to see him. I am very happy! He is close to three hours away. It is worth it if he can help more than other doctor's I've seen, who don't believe in these DD's, or diagnose but don't treat!

Today, I need to dust. We'll see...

Both of you, including our friends who aren't able to be here now, are in my thoughts..

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Kim, I didn't know you were going to be babysitting your precious grandson - how wonderful for (both of) you. I'm glad you had a nice day shopping. Donating fans to the Salvation Army is a great idea. I may just follow up on that myself.

A few years back, after a string of heat-related deaths, the city of Toronto passed a law that all landlords had to provide air-conditioners for their tenants. As far as I know, the law hasn't spread to the rest of the province but it's a good initiative and, although I live outside of Toronto, the idea prompted me to buy an air conditioner for our tenant.

He was very grateful to receive the a/c (with the understanding that it stays with the apartment) and except for the initial purchase price, there's no cost to me because the tenant pays his own hydro. The rental unit is part of our house; an adorable upstairs/attic apartment, the rent from which helps pay our mortgage. It's a great space but it must get terribly hot during heat-waves.

At any rate, the heat has shifted today, thank heavens! I hope the weather is better elsewhere as well.

This month I've been experimenting with drugs (carefully and with my doctor's knowledge) to find my personal optimal dose of topomax.

4 pills per day is the text-book optimal but that amount put in a stupor and made me feel super sick.

3 pills worked better, less side-effects (moderate fatigue and nausea) and good benefits (zero headaches, less neck pain, overall sense of well-being).

2 1/2 pills gave me no side effects and no benefits

So I'm back on 3 pills per day, using gravol and ginger when the nausea overwhelms.

To-Do Today

put dishes away
    clean kitchen counters/sink
    meal planning/grocery list
    scoot to grocery store
    make up pill dispensers
    read & write

God bless,
    Anne Theresa