What's on your "To Do" List June 2nd to June 8?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jun 2, 2008.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

How is everyone?

I had a nice day yesterday, I felt well enough to help sweetie with the yard work and then afterward, we went to see a movie (Prince Caspian).

I’m slow moving today but I did manage to get to the Canada Services Office to update my social insurance card. I need to get my identification up-to-date for a small trip to the USA in September. Next week, I’ll update my health card, and then I should be in good shape to cross the border.

After finishing at the CSO, I tried to go for a walk - keeping with my renewed commitment to exercise & lose weight – but I felt too weak so I just came home. There’s no point pushing it, I’ve learned this from experience. I’ll try to walk tomorrow; maybe I’ll be up to it then.

I’m trying a new recipe for tonight’s dinner – Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry. It smells delish; I hope it tastes as good.

To-Do List

Sweep/swiffer hardwood
    Dust desk & dresser
    Wash inside of fridge
    Water indoor & outdoor plants
    Organize closet

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

2. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Anne Therese: I hope you can manage to get out and walk. I have been walking 2 miles 5 days a week. My knees hurt alot so I hope it is worth it.

Linda: Sorry to hear about your neck and shoulder. Take it easy.

My list:
    Walk 5 days
    Mom is coming up from Kentucky. A lot of stress there.
    Rehearsal dinner and wedding for nephew.
    Volunteer at nature center.
    Weeding and planting beans.
    Youngest grandchilds first birthday.
    Hopefully some crochet.
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Anne Theresa, thanks for getting the thread started this week and I hope your dinner recipe turned out well.

Linda, thanks for catching us up on the latest on Molly and Terri. I hope they both have wonderful trips.

Sorry to hear about your neck and I hope you find some relief from your pain soon.

Grey...I too love to crochet but mostly in the winter. Haven't really touched mine in months and months. I hope the wedding goes well and you get through the week with minimal stress.

Although I had a great night's sleep last night, the night before I was up past 11 and woke up just at 5 am. Yuck...same thing happened 2 nights before that but it was worse then.

Both nights I had taken a pain pill and for some reason, they don't put me to sleep but keep me wide awake. Catch 22 there, sometimes you need the pain pills but oh, the misery of being awake so long.

I spent most of yesterday back in bed and didn't get anything done.

Today I'm at least hoping for a less miserable day....I do have to make up our weekly pill packs, was just too tired to get it done this weekend.

Hugs all,

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I haven't left yet, but this letter will be brief due to all the things I have left to do!

To do:
    finish packing
    finish making to do lists for my older two kids (23 and 21)
    some accompanying to do today
    my students' piano recital is tonight

So it's a crazy day! I look forward to getting on the plane- then it's too late to do anything else!

5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I can't believe another week has gone by since I've been on here! Things have been so busy for me that I just haven't had a chance to get to the library. Also, our young people are off from school now and are taking over the computers here at the library and it's harder for me to get a computer here now these days. Five computers and I now have to wait for one. The library used to have eight and two of them used to be for the young people. I wish they'd go back to the old system.

Jim and I went to the Hope Center Spring Dance last Friday night. It was at Adrian College. It was lots of fun. They had a really nice dinner and dancing afterward. We plan to go every year from now on. I got Jim to dance and he enjoyed it.

Jim and I went to the dentist yesterday and someone put a nice long scratch and dent into the side of my car (several inches long) while we were getting our teeth cleaned so now I have to get that repaired. Just another thing to do. I'm just glad it's not any worse.

Harry's job is going well, but he's really busy and I don't always see him that much. But we are so thankful he has a job now and hope that it lasts. He is hauling car parts so we do wonder. He had a little time off this morning so we went to breakfast this morning.

I finally got my yard done-all garden plants in. Now if we would just get more rain! It's raining a little today. I'm still working on my spring cleaning. I am halfway through the kitchen, then I start on the basement.

Nancy: How are you feeling? Sorry I can't check on out last week's posts, but my computer time is limited. Hope Katie is doing okay.

Molly: I heard you are headed for Denver (maybe already there?) Anyway, have a good trip.

Terri: You may not see this before you leave, but have a good time enjoying your new granddaughter.

Linda: I'm so sorry you are hurting right now. I think you said your shoulder? My neck and shoulders are my worst areas. I just saw the Indiana Jones movie. It's really good and packed with lots of adventure as his movies always are. I'm sure you would like it if you haven't already seen it.

Anne Theresa: I'm glad you were able to get out in the yard. I think yard work is good therapy. It is for me.

Lenore: How are you doing? I hope your recovering is going okay.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

To-do list:

-go to the laundromat and wash our queen-size comforter (too large for our washing machine)
    -check my e-mail
    -finish cleaning kitchen cupboards
    -clean some of the pantry shelves
    -call Ben's Bump Shop to schedule estimate on car damage
    -get hamburger ready for the freezer

To-do list for tomorrow:

-go to dentist to have permanent crown put on and pay off
    rest of bill
    -pick up insurance form for Harry
    -lunch with Dianna
    -clean rest of pantry shelves
    -wash kitchen curtains

I've been so busy since I've been off work that I wonder how I found time to work! I'll try to get back here again before the week is over. Have a good week everyone!

6. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Our flight leaves tomorrow! So I have a busy day today. My little boy is so excited that he woke up at 5:30 a.m.(his usual is 6:30). He will most likely wake up the same time tomorrow morning (AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!)

To do:

finish packing
    one load laundry
    recharge portable DVD player
    $ for end of year gift for teacher

put on temp tattoo for son in case he gets lost at airport
    Drop son off at school
    last minute packing
    eat breakfast!!

Hope you all have a nice painfree week

*Lenore, I will bump a post about the RC for you to please read and answer.

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Ellen it was so good to hear from you again. I'm glad you and Jim enjoyed the dance, but sorry to hear your car has become damaged.

Molly, I hope you enjoy your trip...I know someone's excited already. I hope it goes well for you.

Terri, enjoy that wonderful new grand baby!

I hope you both have safe flights and a wonderful time.

Yesterday turned out to be an interesting day for me. Katy called as usual but was very depressed about her life, and I can't say that I blame her.

It got to the point where she admitted not feeling safe so believe it or not...I talked her into getting on a train and coming to my house!!!!! She did it!!! I was so proud of her.

Unfortunately, she wasn't quite dressed properly and must have given a large part of the German population quite a show on the way over, but...it doesn't matter as much as the fact that she did it...and got here safely.

She spent the night here with me so she'll be here all day with me too.

This has opened up an entire new world for her since she's been cut off from everything and everyone out where she lives.

I'm so proud of her for choosing a safe and healthy alternative. And she even brought me fresh flowers.

Hugs all,

Lenore???? Where are you???
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

And it was a good recital! Everyone had their pieces memorized and played well. One boy had forgotten he had a baseball game, and they needed him on the team. Anyway, I had given up on him making it in time, but he showed up in his uniform and played at the end! It was pretty cute. He did change out of his cleats though!

The boys are soooo excited about the upcoming trip. The plane ride is a huge thing in itself.....they haven't flown in 8 years, so they don't remember it much. We're taking some snacks with us, since they don't serve much of anything on flights anymore. I found out that after July 1st, you will only be allowed to check one bag per person and one carry on. If you have another bag, you'll have to pay extra. I'm glad our trip is done before July!

To Do:
    Too much!

Love you guys,
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Katy's on her way to Landstuhl hospital again for admittance. (psych ward)

So basically I've had an awful day, my head is spinning and I hope she's going to be ok.

I did call my husband home from work for emotional support and he was a big help, but our heads are just spinning trying to figure out how it can go so badly in less than 24 hours.

Then we got an electric bill for almost $3,000.00 in the mail today so that wasn't much help either.

I'm fine, hanging in there, grabbed an extra minute to wrap my leg extra well today since I wasn't able to use the crutches and was on my feet quite a bit today.

If I don't check in tomorrow or so, don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Hugs all,

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends. Yesterday was a complete write-off for me, I spent the day sitting in my recliner with pillows and blankets, with troubled breathing and feeling on the verge of a bad flu. Today is better, though still a bit shaky.

Nancy, I'm sorry Katy's suffered another episode - God bless her. Its amazing how it can turn on a dime for her. I'm glad your husband was emotionally available for you. I'll say a little prayer for Katy's welfare and trust that, in God's hands, all will be well. I hope your sleeping improves, it's difficult to get through the day with less-than-the-ideal amount of sleep.

Terri, I'm glad the recital went well. The little boy arriving late in his baseball uniform must have been adorable. God bless your little boys, flying can be such an adventure at their age. I hope the trip is fun and that you enjoy meeting your new granddaughter :)

Linda, I hope you enjoy the time spent with your mom and that her appointment goes well. I'm glad your neck pain has eased up a bit and hope this continues.

Molly, what a good idea to use a temporary tattoo to identify your son, lest he take missing at the airport. I wish you all the best on your vacation & hope the weather stays nice for you.

Good for you, Greygoddess, walking so far with such frequency. I think my (almost) daily walks are the best thing I do for myself. They keep me mobile and keep my spirits lifted.

Ellen, I'm glad you went to the dance with Jim and had such a nice time. Yarkdwork? Spring-cleaning? Girl, it seems you work as hard on your vacation as you do during your work season. I agree with you though, yard-work is good therapy.

Shower & shampoo
    walk round the block
    dusting (I've been procrastinating all week)
  11. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Sorry all for not *reporting* in........

Colitis set in, then all sorts of abdominal problems the last four days. Today I had two CTS and am being admitted to the hospital today. When I get out, I'll check back in right away, I promise.

My daughter's graduation is tomorrow, Bob's daughter's is tonight, I'm hysterical about missing it all but at least I'll be safe in the hospital. Unless I get another infection there. I'm scared, but not in pieces (yet).

Love and hugs to all,
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Anne Theresa, thanks so much for the prayers for Katy, they are truly appreciated.

Lenore, please take care of yourself. I'll be worried about you too until you check back in.

Not much going on today, my mind is still in a muddle trying to take in what happened yesterday. I won't go into detail because it's graphic and may upset some and I don't want to do that.

Needless to say, I've never felt quite so helpless in all my life. There are no words to describe seeing your child in the condition mine was.

They're adding Lithium to her meds today, I need to take a moment and look it up online. She usually has horrible reactions to medications so I'm guessing they'll keep her there as long as they can.

Those beds are for the injured soldiers and the shape some of them come back in isn't pretty. I just hope she gets to stay awhile so they don't send her to the states.

Hugs all,

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Nancy dear, it must be heart-wrenching to witness your child in such a heightened state of despair and turmoil. God bless you, for being so present in her life.

From my work in the mental health field, I'm sadly aware of how frequently people with significant mental health issues are resented or completely abandoned by family & friends due to the toll the illness can take on relationships. Katy - though she has more than her share to contend with - is fortunate to have such a loving family. I hope Katy gets the time and attention she needs and that the addition of lithium is beneficial.

Lenor,e my heart goes out to you, having so many issues of late and now this latest, colitis, keeping you from your daughter and Bob's daughter's graduation. Please take extra care and know that I'm praying for your swift recovery and well-being.

Today I have some housework to catch-up with; I did next to nothing yesterday & the day before.

sweep & mop floors
    dust (still procrastinating....)
    put dishes away, clean counters & sink
    clean stove-top, replace burner covers
    clean inside, top & outside of fridge
    water plants
    clean pet areas
    read & rest
    make something easy for dinner

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I'm so glad I checked in today with so much going on with everyone. Wish it was all good news, though. Life can sure throw some curves, can't it?

Harry's job continues to go well. I'm happy they've switched him from working nights to days. At least for the moment. They have had him working all different routes. He's been delivering to all different places in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan, which is fine. It gives him a lot of variety so he doesn't mind.

This morning we went out for breakfast together, which was nice. Then he went off to work. The rain here finally let up so the kitties and I were able to get out in the yard. I gave several of our bushes haircuts. I see my beans are finally coming up. Everything else in the garden looks good.

I've got all the spring cleaning done on the first floor finally. Now I'm ready to start on the basement. I'll do the laundry room next since that's the worst room to do with all the shelves we have.

I checked my e-mail today and see they forget to get a stationery order from me before I left work. I forgot all about it, too. Since it's a new job, it's a little hard for me to know. But I gave it a good estimate and e-mailed them back.

Lenore: I'm so sorry you are worse and having to go in the hospital! Sorry, too, you are missing two graduations! But remember to take care of yourself first!

Terri: Have your boys ever flown before? I'm sure they are excited and will want to have window seats. Have a good time on your trip!

Nancy: I am so sorry about Katy. I know all too well how mentally ill people can change quickly. How is your leg doing? You certainly have had your hands full!

Anne Theresa: Yes, you are right, I have been busy. But when I work it's really hard for me to do things like spring cleaning so summer is my catch-up time. But I am having some time for fun, too. Yesterday my girlfriend and I went out for lunch and we talked for two and a half hours! I'm glad you are doing better now.

To-do list:

-put away yesterday's dishes (done)
    -trim bushes (done)
    -get garbage ready (done)
    -vacuum carpet upstairs (done)
    -brush Albert and Raymond (cats) (done)
    -read and relax
    -vacuum basement

By the way, I am over here at the library in the late afternoon after my pool class and it is much quieter with no kids! So from no on, that's when I am coming here to use the computer. This was my husband's suggestion!

I probably won't be on here again until next week. I will keep all of you in my prayers, especially Lenore and Nancy!

With love,
  15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I didn't get too far on my to-do list yesterday, instead I went for a nice long walk. I walked the 12 blocks to the department store, bought a new pair of capris and a blouse, then to the grocery store to pick up a few things. By the time I got home I was too exhausted to do housework but happy with all I'd accomplished.

So, I wont make a to-do list today, rather I'll work from yesterday's list. Before I get started though, I'm going uptown for a manicure and to meet sweetie for lunch.

Ellen, I'm glad Harry's working the day-shift now - that should make things easier in terms of your spending more time together. Good for you for making sure you have some fun time with a friend in the midst of all your work with home & garden. We definitely need that balance.

Hi Linda. Yes, I feel pretty good these past two days and for that I'm grateful. I'm ever in awe of how these symptoms wax and wane from severe to moderate (very occasionally mild) and back again. It keeps me guessing. I hope your vertigo eases up, that you get plenty of rest and have an enjoyable weekend.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.....

I just got off the phone with Katy and she seems okish. I like the fact that they've got her on Lithium now, I've been suggesting it for over a year now. It does help to keep her moods stable.

She's been dx as mixed bi-polar, there really isn't much difference in her highs and lows and there's no rest from either. She doesn't have months in between, not even days so hopefully this new med will help.

They're doing blood work on her soon and if that's ok, she should get to come home, or here which we both prefer.

Hubby and I went shopping yesterday for 2 new lazy boy chairs but, I ended up buying a new dining room table and chairs instead. It's one I had seen months ago but they had them back in so now...it's mine.

I do have a set in storage in the states and a small glass topped, wrought iron table and chairs now, but it wobbles badly so we never use it. Hubby's just too big to be at any table that isn't strong and sturdy.

My leg is getting slowly better. I can wiggle my foot now too.

It's funny, but when Katy was here and had done what she did, I wrapped my upper thigh in a 6" ace bandage to help me walk because I just didn't have time to use the crutches and it's helped so much that I do it daily now.

We might try grocery shopping today. If I just take the cart on the outside path and send him through the isles, I might be able to make it.

Bless him, but he's had all the household chores for 5 weeks now and it shows.

Lenore, I hope we hear from you soon...

Sorry all not to reply to each, woke up with a migraine starting....