What's on Your To-Do List June 8 - 13

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Jun 7, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the To-Do List thread, the place where we support each other to accomplish daily or longer-term goals and objectives.

We support each other as friends so, in addition to posting/discussing our to-do lists, we discuss a wide-range of topics. All are welcome!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend +. It's been cold & windy here with some rain so I've mostly stayed indoors. I did get out to see Sex in the City, it was good, funny.

I have some chores to get through.

wash/put away dishes
    cut up cantaloupe & melon
    clean inside of fridge
    clean bunny cage

If I feel up to it, later in the day, I'll go for a walk to the mall. My pain is very bad and my fatigue has been brutal these past few days (weather-related, perhaps) so I may opt to stay home with my heating pad :)

I look forward to hearing from others,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Anne Theresa (and all who follow),
    We are getting ready for the big weekend.....we leave Friday, wedding Saturday, then home on Sunday. It is a 6 hour drive each way, and with my restless leg, it will not be a piece of cake! But since I've gone gluten free, it has helped tremendously, so I think I can handle it.

Our son is living up there already, and he is working on their future abode. Painting, putting in a door, etc. After they marry, he can hopefully find a job with an income, since he is an American marrying a Canadian. I hope he'll find one soon!

My strawberries are loaded this year....looks like I will have a bumper crop!
    Hugs all,
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've been really tired--we're converting to a new computer system at work and while it is going to be wonderful once we all are trained & stuff it is taking a lot of my energy to slow down and figure things out.

Today ( Wed) I got most the computer corner cleaned out.
    Thursday, would like to get a catch all corner in the kitchen taken care of.
    Friday get the floors mopped in the dining room & bathroom

I will be surprised if this all gets done, but maybe.
  4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi girls, just checking in!

Anne Theresa, I wanted to tell you I read about your son and am so glad you heard from him. Sorry about his depression. I hope your pain improves and you start seeing warmer weather.

Terri, congrats on your son's wedding this weekend! I hope you have a nice time with your family.

Beadlady, We went to our son's neurology appointment and the dr was having the most difficult time pulling up any info because they have a new medical computer system. I could tell she was so frustrated. I'm sure you are feeling that way too. I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Nancy, I hope you have heard some news about the all important job! Please share.

I am really exhausted. My life is quite comical if you look at it! My eyes are burning, I have a headache and am I in pain.

Medical-We had son's ambulatory EEG and got the results from the neurologist. Our son has seizures! He had some while sleeping and two while at school. We need to treat with medication so we can stop them but also so he doesn't develop epilepsy. But we just started him on a new psychiatric medication and we can't start the seizure med until our trial is done with that (4 weeks). Dr also very concerned about muscle strength although all metabolic blood work came back okay(she still has to check some that haven't come back) anyway she may want a special muscle test that my son would be sedated for. Dr also agreed to write a report for our school district who are in their hammocks sipping mai tais (in other words not concerned nor paying attention to anything).

Education-We have had 5 yes 5 IEPs since February(usually you have 1 per year). Each time the school district(SD) has been legally out of compliance with one thing or another. We have had an ed advocate. We had our third try at completing our son's triennial IEP. The dropped the ball again. Sooooo, we have an attorney and are trying to work things out with our advocate and the advice of the attorney first so we don't have to file due process.

I feel like I have been put through the meat grinder yet I go on. . .

My son lost a tooth today so I get to be the tooth fairy tonight(lol).

Our weather here is June Gloom. It's like this every June!

Oh YES! The neurologist's just faxed me the letter for the SD. There is good news. I'll take it!
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

Terri, I hope you have a wonderful trip and that the wedding is a perfect delight! God bless your son, I hope everything works out well for him and his new wife. There's nothing as sweet as fresh strawberries. Enjoy!

Hi Beadlady. It's good to see you. I can relate to how long it takes to implement a new computer system in the workplace. I used to love these sorts of challenges (when I was young and healthy) but as the years passed, it became more difficult and I became less enthusiastic to learn. On top of your work/computer issues which I know can be exhausting, you've set an ambitious to-do list. Make sure you pace yourself, take some time to rest.

Molly, thanks your words about my son. I'm so glad he broke the silence, though I'm sorry he has mental health issues and I hope and pray the symptoms are not constant and/or recurring throughout his life. Of all the genetic bogeymen, mental health issues was the one illness I'd hoped the most would bypass my children. I've struggled with my own MHI for many years (I was diagnosed in my early 20's) and I can't begin to tell you how challenging living with this condition has been. I will continue to hold my son in my prayers and trust for a full recovery.

Don't you just love the absurdity born of exhaustion that allows you to see the comical side of a life fraught with such difficult issues. It's nice that you get to play the Toothfairy - that was such a fun part of parenting. My sister and I watched the movie starring Dwayne Johnson on pay-per-view. It was a cute movie- I think you and Liam would enjoy it! I appreciate your feeling like you've been through a meat grinder and I admire that you continue to walk through it all with your sense of humor intact. I hope you get some healing rest and some relief from pain. Gentle hugs to you.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and we decided to go off the effexor. We're going to experiment with increasing my synthroid and topomax for a month to see if that helps. Hopefully, it will help.

I have a pretty big to-do list so it will likely take more than a day to complete these chores

make bed
    phone legal aid
    phone hairdresser
    go to pharmacy
    get mail ready for post office
    arrange counselors appointment
    clean inside of fridge
    put stakes in yucca tree
    paper filing

Wishing everyone a pleasant day,

God bless,
    [This Message was Edited on 06/11/2010]