What's on your 'To Do List' June 9 to June 15?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all....

    Thought I'd get the post started this week....

    My daughter just called me from the hospital and she's been released....only problem is no one can find her husband. It's 11:00 in the morning and he didn't show up for work, he's not at home, or not answering his phone and his cell is turned off.

    With so much stress in our lives it's a wonder we hang in there as well as we do.

    My husband can't leave work this afternoon to go get her either unfortunately, and I still can't drive or wouldn't even try to drive so far with the speeds on the autobahn here. A 100mph is normal and I haven't driven in over 5 weeks. I was thinking more like a 5 minute trip for my first drive and soon.....but not this.

    I have to call Katy back soon with some type of excuse to try to keep her calm. Of course, she's very concerned about him.

    Yikes.......when it rains it pours.

    Update......he's fine and safe, he was stuck in a stau (German traffic jam) for over 3 1/2 hours, and not too thrilled to find out he has to drive at least 6 more hours today to go pick up Katy, but just about anyone would be a bit cranky after that.


    Hugs all,


    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2008]
  2. AnneTheresa

    AnneTheresa Member

    Hello Nancy and all who follow.

    Nancy, I'm glad you located your son-in-law and that he'll be picking Katy up from the hospital today. This seems like a very short hospital stay, hopefully, it's indicative of Katy's much-improved mental health.

    I did a fair bit of housework over the weekend and so today will be an easy day, in that regard. The only housework to-do is to dust the bedroom dresser & desk.

    I'd like to go for my daily walk but I have a nasty blister from yesterday's long walk. I'll bandage my foot and try, but if this doesn't work, I'll have to take a break today, make due with Plan B (elliptical machine).

    God bless,
    Anne Theresa

  3. fivesue

    fivesue New Member

    I think I'm finally settled in one spot for a bit. The long-anticipated relocation has happened and now it's establishing all the daily contacts that make our lives livable again.

    Just signed up for e-mail pharmacy with the store that has my prescriptions, etc. Still have my same docs, etc. until I find new ones. Oh, the pain of it all.

    Just unpacking today, but have done all that I can. The kitchen is shaping up pretty well now.

    Made several business phone calls, talked to my mom and husband...he's working for a brief bit in the town we used to live in...and he's getting the house there ready to sell...just a few things and then on the market. All of that is already handled.

    Nancy...your daughter has really had her troubles. Glad SIL was found unharmed...hope tonight he will get some sleep after the marathon driving day.

    Anne T...watch that blister! They can be so painful. I hate to have to pace myself, but...I do. If not, I pay for it. Good you have an alternative.

    Hope this evening is good and restful for all.


  4. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all...

    I canceled my appt with the orthopedic surgeon today knowing that Katy would probably be coming home and I thought she'd be coming here.

    Her hubby took the week off so she'll be with him this week and hopefully she didn't come home to an incredible mess like she has before. I know she's just not ready for that kind of responsibility yet.

    They did recommend marriage counseling for them and I think it's a condition of her release too. That could help!

    And yes, Anne Theresa, the stay was brief, but it is Landstuhl and the beds are for the wounded soldiers, yet they do know Katy up there and had a bed available for her. I'd rather they sent her home than to a hospital in the states which has never helped her at all.

    They get very good care at Landstuhl, the best and it's the only English speaking psych ward available to us, yet only when the beds aren't full. Each hour is filled with therapy of some sort so it's a type of intensive therapy too.

    Stateside hospitals usually just have a doc consult each day then they're left all day with very little to do. Unless it's a specialized hospital....

    She's doing well with the added Lithium and her blood work must have been fine for them to release her.

    For today, I got my bobbin case in the mail for my new (used) Bernina sewing machine so I may try to sew a bit later today.

    My leg is doing better, I can carefully walk around the house with out the crutches now as long as I spend most of my time resting. Yesterday was rather painful but it stormed all day long and I think the weather had something to do with it.

    Sue, I know how you feel putting your house together and I'm glad you're getting back in the normalcy stage... I hope things continue to go well for you.

    Lenore, I hope you get out of the hospital soon...we miss you here!

    Hugs all,

  5. greygodess

    greygodess New Member

    I will be spending the week recovering from bronchitis and a visit from my mother. The recovery won't be long on the latter part as she is due back here for a few days at the end of the week. Not fun.

    Hope to get some gardening done. The weeds are taking over.

    Have a good week and Godbless.
  6. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    Hi from Alaska! I have the most beautiful, sweet granddaughter ever! She lets me hold her and rarely complains about anything. My babies were never that easy.....so my daughter is a lucky woman. We're having a great time here and enjoying being together.
    Take care all,
  7. sorekitty

    sorekitty New Member

    We got back from our really fun trip to Denver on Sunday night. It was beautiful and we were able to fit in a lot of activities. We got not much sleep though. Our son doesn't travel well! He gets so excited that he cannot fall asleep until very late and wakes up super early. This is why we haven't been able to take family vacations. The last morning there he woke at 4:30 a.m. for good! I'm thinking next time giving him melatonin.

    This last week of school is all field trips and fun. I went on the Monday and Today's field trips. So I am tired.

    We have our psych eval for my son at the Regional Center on Thursday (to try and get autism services for him). It will be a two hour assessment. My son is still excited from the Denver trip and hasn't calmed down. He is also excited due to it being the last week of school. I am living on coffee.

    Nancy-Sorry to hear about Katy. I'm glad the lithium is helping. I wish you could make your jammies and sell them on e-bay! I definetly would like a few pairs. They are so cute. Happy sewing.

    Sue-Nice to meet you. Moving is so overwhelming. Hope it is all coming together for you.

    Terri-Your grandbaby sounds lovely. Easy baby? I have no idea what that is like (lol)! Lucky mommy!

    Anne Theresa-You are so good about your exercise. I wish I was able to get and stick with a program.

    Greygoddess-Hope your bronchitis is better. I used to get that every winter as a child and it is awful!! Enjoy your garden.

    Lenore-Yoohoo! Thinking of you. Hope you are well and out of the hospital. I had a few questions about the RC but I guess this is bad timing for you. If I see you post I'll bump it up.

    Hugs to all,
  8. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Hi, Girls:

    Due to the computers being busier here (I guess late afternoon isn't always a less busy time), and the fact that I have to get up to the hospital soon, I won't be able to talk to you individually.

    Harry and I put Jim into the hospital on Saturday. He wasn't good on Friday, either. The Hope Center called me on Friday and said that he needed to go home early as he wasn't doing well mentally. The group home had no one to take him home, so could I go it? I had a dr. appt. to go to, so I ended up taking him with me. He did okay in the dr. appt. in Ann Arbor, but on the way home he broke down mentally. I was scared. I was all alone with him and not sure what he was going to do. I did finally manage to calm him down, but never want to be in this situation again.

    On Saturday Harry and I picked him up from the group home pretending we were going to have him spend the night. It sounds cruel, but we needed to get him worked up enough to get him checked into the hospital. With the way he's been feeling, it wasn't hard to do. He's also been talking about suicide. We don't really think he would do it and Jim says he won't. He says he just says it because he's upset.

    On the way to the hospital, Harry asked Jim if Don (the person who Jim used to live in his group home and the one I am trying to get a restraining order against). Anyway, Harry asked Jim if he had ever seen Don naked. To my horror Jim said "yes". He said Don would take Jim into his bedroom and undress in front of him! We can't get Jim to say that anything sexual happened. Jim is so worried that we will go to the police and that something bad will happen to Don.

    We were able to get Jim checked into the hospital and told them the story about Don. The nurse gave me some info on Adult Protective Services the next day and she said she had already called them. She had called Jim's guardian and had asked her to also call them and wanted me to also call. The social worker has also talked to me about the situation.

    They are also going to force Jim to take medication if he refuses by injection. This is something I've been wanting for so long! The social worker says this is something that should have happened a long time ago. They will give him one more chance, then we will have a court hearing to have him have the medication injections, which will last two weeks. They will tie him down, if necessary.

    I talked to Jim's psychiatrist and caseworker yesterday and was told that Adult Protective Services will call the police. I am so relieved that something will happen now. I just knew all along that something wasn't right with this man and Jim and all of us knew it was something sexual.

    I could really use your prayers and support right now. Well, I had better go. My time is running out and I need to get up to the hospital.

    Take care, everyone.

  9. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all...

    Ellen, I'm so sorry Jim needed to be hospitalized again but hopefully something good will come of it.

    I didn't realize that he's still not medicated, but it's easy to see that something like this would happen if he's still refusing medications. I know that as soon as they become non compliant, trouble is on the way.

    I understand completely what you mean about 'getting Jim worked up' before getting to the hospital. I've had to do the same to Katy before when we're on our way to the ER because she'll act silly like nothing is wrong. But I know just the right thing to say to bring her back to reality so the people at the hospital can see what's really going on.

    I hope Adult Services will continue to help you with this and of course, I'll be sending warm thoughts and wishes your way.

    Terri, there always seems to be a balance to life isn't there? The baby I'm sure is the most wonderful child on earth and I hope you continue to enjoy this precious visit.

    Molly, I hope the psych eval goes well for you and your son.
    I have briefly thought of selling the jammy pants but it just gets out of hand, lol. My daughter's friend once wore a pair of the shorts to soccer practice and the coach asked if I could sew them for every member of the team!! (they were really cute though)

    Grey, I hope you continue to get better from the bronchitis...talk about weeds? Mine are 4' high now but the landlord said they'd be coming this week to clear them in preparation for the next stage of my yard.

    As for me...imagine if you were stuck in a chair in your home for over 5 weeks. So I've been trying to pick up a bit on my trips to the kitchen or bathroom.

    I'm getting excited about the new dining room set that my husband will hopefully bring home tomorrow. I woke up and realized that now I'll be able to cut patterns on top of the table which will help me because I haven't been able to use the floor since I hurt my leg.

    I'm still not sure how he's going to get this done, it has a 2" marble top and weighs a ton.

    Lenore....still a bit worried but I'm hoping that you're out of the hospital and quietly getting better at home.

    Hugs all,

  10. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Thank you so much, that was so sweet.

    I wonder if any of us are morning people anymore?

    Best of luck with your Mom's procedure, I hope you get some rest while you're there helping.


  11. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Hi, Girls:

    Thanks for the kind words regarding Jim. Harry and I went to a court hearing this morning as Jim is still refusing medication most of the time in the hospital. Of course the judge ruled that Jim must take medication now by injection, if necessary. Jim, of course, was not happy. I didn't get a chance to talk to him as the sheriff brought him to the hearing and left with him right afterward. I will visit with him after I talk with all of you.

    Jim's caseworker was there and reassured me that Adult Protective Services is in the process of investigating Don. I know these things take time and will try to be patient.

    I was quite upset last night. My sister, Janet, saw him last night and found out that Jim had somehow called Don and talked to him for 30 minutes! I thought they were monitoring his calls. I called them and they apologized and said they didn't know how this had happened and said they would dial the phone numbers for him from now on.
    Don, as usual, got Jim all agitated as he always does. Jim said Don urged him not to take any medication.

    Nancy: It's so hard to put your loved one in the hospital, isn't it? But I know it's the best thing for them and I'm glad we did it. Now he's finally getting the help he needs. No one else was doing anything. How is Katy doing? How is your leg?

    Terri: I am sure you are enjoying your new granddaughter and taking lots of pictures! When will you be heading home?

    Anne Theresa: I'm sorry you hurt your foot. I know you like to take your walks for exercise. Take care.

    Grey Goddess: I hope you feel better soon.

    Linda: Good luck with your mom. I know you won't have any computer access so you won't be able to talk with us.

    Lenore: Hope you are doing okay.

    Molly: I hope the pschy evaluation goes okay for your son and you can get the help that you need for his autism. I am sure there will be a certain amount of red tape to go through, unfortunately.

    To-do list:

    -finish spring cleaning shelves below the basement stairs
    -finish vacuuming upstairs
    -clean bathroom (done)
    -get garbage ready (done)
    -water flowers
    -make ice cubes (done)

    To-do list for tomorrow:

    -wash bedding
    -pay and mail bills
    -wash bedspread
    -go to the movies (seeing a scary movies called "Strangers"

    Have a good weekend! Talk to everyone next week!


  12. LenoreR

    LenoreR New Member

    Hi everybody,

    I'm home from the hospital now and really pissed off. They basically did nothing there for the first five days. I missed my daughter's middle school graduation, Bob's daughter's high school graduation, and my son's Godparents' daughter's wedding (did you follow that last one?). I've known the bride since she was 11 and remember her Bat Mitzvah when she was 13 like yesterday, now she's 27 and I had to miss the damn wedding. In the end, a colonoscopy and endoscopy revealed nothing exciting so they are attributing it to a flare of acute IBS (oh goody, a new DD to learn about). For this, I ate no food for nine days. Sheesh!

    This all sounds like terrible whining compared to the goings on here. I'm so sorry.

    Nancy and Ellen, I also had to put my son in a hospital when he was only 8 for twelve days (for the Autism) and I understand all about having to amp them up to get in (Molly, you've got the right idea there with RC!).

    Nancy, I'm glad Katy seems to be doing better and what a scare for you with the SIL! You mentioned walking a little on your leg-- was anything done while I was away? It seems like we're all going to physical and/or mental pieces here, except for Mrs. Alaska who has a beautiful grandbaby to make us all smile! I hope you like your new sewing machine. My mom used to sew all the time, but unfortunately I am seriously not useful with my hands. Now that my brain is going from these DDs, there will be nothing left! lol

    So Terri, catch me up.......boy or girl? Name? Hair? Weight? You must be having the time of your life. Enjoy every minute of it but don't overdo!

    Ellen, I'm speechless about the situation with Jim. Court ordered meds, hospitalization, Don-- golly, and we thought you were going to have a peaceful summer! My heart truly goes out to you and I hope things get better now that there are so many other people involved. I'm hoping it will take some of the stress off you.

    Anne Theresa, how's the blister? I agree that I envy your commitment to exercise. I lost quite a bit of weight over the last two weeks (15 pounds); I know some of it is water, but I'm hoping that once I look up IBS there will be some diets to follow and I won't be gaining too much back. I started gaining about two years ago, and now I'm currently back down to 15 pounds from my "goal". It's hilarious to look in my closet, I have plastic bins labeled 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14! The 12 is empty at the moment (that was my size before the last two weeks). I'm going to try the tens when I feel up to it, probably tomorrow. With your example, I'll get back into those sixes yet!

    Sue, I'm not sure I've seen you post here before; nice to *meet* you! I'm happy your relocation seemed to have gone smoothly, but I'm sorry you now have to establish relationships with a whole new set of doctors. That's really hard. You sound like me, getting the kitchen done first; when I feel good that's my favorite place to be. Everyone will tell you to go easy and I will too; one day at a time as they say. If you have never posted here before then Welcome!; if you have, then Welcome Back!

    Hiya Grey, how's that awful bronchitis? Poor baby, do you have a humidifier? You said your mom is coming back soon--I can't tell if that's easier or harder on you. If easier, then terrific; if harder, then I hear ya girlfriend! Be well and let us know how you are doing.

    Molly, I'm baaaaack, so please bump your post. I'll try to look for it. I'm glad you enjoyed Denver; my daughter is there now with her best friend who moved there a few months ago. It's one of three US cities I've always wanted to go to; we'll have to do yet another post so you can tell me all about it and what adult things there are to do there. As for RC, before my unwelcome disappearance from here, I wrote you some thoughts on preparing; look back about two or three weeks. Living on coffee can't be good; get through the eval and then the end of school and then take a rest. Honey, you deserve it!

    Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom--I hope she isn't in the hospital long and she's lucky to have you. Come back to us soon and let us know how YOU are doing.

    My to do for the rest of the day is just to see what's doing here in the house-- I have dinner today covered, but what groceries we need, doa grocery list and hit the store tomorrow, whether all the wash is done, I know the house is clean because the crew was here yesterday, which kid is doing what this weekend, stuff like that. I'll tackle a week's worth of mail, banking and those essentials tomorrow. Gosh, I hear you all yelling in my head DON'T OVERDO; I promise I won't.

    It's SOOOOOOOO good to be back!!!!!!!!

    Hugs to all,
  13. fivesue

    fivesue New Member

    Ellen...I'm so sorry about Jim. It has been such a struggle for you. Glad Adult services is going to investigate Don...doesn't sound like a good influence at all.

    Lenore...glad you are out of the hospital...what a drag to miss all those important dates.

    Anne Therese...how's the blister? Hope it's better.

    Nancy...Katy is better, eh? Has SIL gotten over his day of driving? (-:

    Still unpacking and now am sick. I have a cold, the kind you get when you change climates all of a sudden. Feel lousy, but at least the kitchen is done and other things in place. This isn't a simple or short job; It is very hot today and both Felix and I are taking it slow. Not only am I sick, but it is really hot. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

    Just wanted to check in. I'm not intentionally leaving people out, but just don't have the upmh to write anymore.

    Take care, each one of you. Don't overdo. Famous last words, eh?


  14. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all...

    It's so great to see everyone checking back in, what a way to start my day!

    My husband did get my dining set home yesterday and it's just beautiful! Lucky for us there was a guy pulling the weeds in my yard so we borrowed him for a bit to help get the table in and set up. It's a monster and I wasn't far off with my estimate of 300 pounds.

    My housekeeper was here yesterday so the house is thoroughly cleaned now and I helped a bit cleaning the glass in the living room and organizing a few small things.

    My leg is getting a bit better, but it's been almost 6 weeks now. I'm happy to be able to hobble around the house.

    Also, someone is supposed to be coming today to finally get the King sized mattress out of my guest bedroom. Woohoo, I'm finally getting close to getting my house back.

    But...I now have my wrought iron/glass table in my sewing area that needs to be moved. It's always something isn't it?

    Katy had her first marriage counseling session yesterday so I'm hoping that it went well. It was a condition of her release from the hospital so I hope they continue to go.

    Anne Theresa, it's not like you to miss a few days here so I'm hoping you're doing ok. Is your neck causing you pain again?

    Sue, sorry to hear you've got a cold now on top of everything else. It seems like each time I've moved we get what we commonly call 'the crud' from the new area. Hope you feel better soon.

    And please, never worry if you can't respond to all...we do understand.

    Ellen, one thing I've never understood is what Don's plan is....why is he pulling Jim away, what does he stand to gain from it all, and is he still working in the group home???

    And Lenore...you've had the roughest week of them all and still manage to crack me up and make me smile. Sounds like you're ready to start roaring through life again but please...take it easy!

    I'm off to play a bit, gaze at my new table and just piddle my day away.

    Hugs all,

  15. AnneTheresa

    AnneTheresa Member

    Hello friends, Sorry I haven't checked in for a few but I've been busy with appointments, daily walks, etc. and then, when I've had free time, I've been too exhausted to turn on the computer.

    I've had a good week though, feeling pretty good but for some neck pain and my foot bandaged (no worse than it was, but it's not healing because I need to stay off it and haven't). Today though, I'm resting with plans to do the same over the weekend so my foot should heal just fine.

    What a busy, stress-filled week for everyone.
    My goodness!

    Welcome back, Sue, it's great to see you! It's nice you're getting settled, unpacked and making those connections and contacts. What I most love about a move is having a 'clean slate' to decorate & arrange things.

    I hope your cold is short-lived and that you soon feel better. The stress of moving always leaves me vulnerable to cold & flu. It seems every time I re-locate, at the very time when I most need the energy to get myself organized, I end up fighting a cold/flu.

    All you can do is rest.
    The work will still be there when you feel better.

    Linda, I hope things are well with your mom and that the back injections provide her with some relief. You must be tired from the change in your routine; I hope you get home safe and sound and are able to get some good rest & self-care.

    Nancy, My best friend and her husband recently started marriage counseling and they're taking a lot from the experience. In terms of understanding each other, resolving conflict and growing stronger, they've made much progress. Hopefully, Katy will have such a positive experience and see an improved relationship with her husband.

    The hospital psychiatric services at Landstuhl sound far superior to those of the general hospital psych. services in Canada and the US. I'm glad Katey has access to such quality care.

    I'm glad you're seeing an improvement with your leg, albeit a small one. Take care and enjoy your new dining table, it sounds lovely!

    Welcome back Lenore. I'm sorry your hospital stay was so disappointing and that you missed such important occasions.

    For all you've suffered, it' nice you've had the happy side-effect of weight-loss. I've been positively stuck weight-wise, in spite of watching what I eat, daily exercise etc. the pounds remain firmly attached to my backside. I keep trying, though.

    As for my daily walks, they are by far the best thing I've done for myself in terms of living with fibromyalgia. Even though I use a walker and sometimes move at a snails pace, the walks keep me mobile and keep my spirits from falling too low.

    Greygoddess, I hope you recover well and completely from this bout of bronchitis.

    Thanks Terri, for checking in from Alaska. Your new granddaughter sounds darling. It's great to have a quiet, calm baby. My youngest son was like that, as a baby he didn't stress about a thing. As I think of it now, this attribute stayed with him throughout childhood and is apparent in his adult personality. Enjoy the rest of your stay and be sure to take some photos to share :)

    Molly, I'm glad you had a nice time in Denver. God bless you for living around your son's erratic sleep schedule. I hope things went well with the psych evaluation yesterday. I expect your glad to have that aspect of the process behind you.

    Ellen, my dear, what a time you've had of it! I know it's
    a stressful set of circumstances, but it seems things are finally moving toward resolution both in terms of Jim's treatment and the investigation of Don. Take extra good care of yourself during this stressful time.

    I have nothing left on today's to-do list; I did all my daily chores this morning and I'm planning simple sandwiches & salad for dinner. Between now and dinnertime, all I have to do is rest. So I will rest now, with my books and televising, maybe take a little nap.

    God bless,
  16. sorekitty

    sorekitty New Member

    My son's last day of Kindergarten was Thursday! I am so proud of him and all of the wonderful, amazing accomplishments he made.

    I'm a little worried that the lack of structure that school provides could cause a lot of behavior. Last summer the first 5 weeks were a behavior nighmare. But he is doing so much better this year. He has really matured.

    Our psych eval was 2 hours long yesturday. I just sat and watched as the lady gave an IQ test (WISC IV). He actually did great, loved it and wanted more <eye roll>. He appeared perfectly beautiful and charming.

    So this morning I had to have a phone interview with the psychologist. It lasted 1 1/2 hours. She asked question after question. I am wrung out at this point and now very down and depressed. Today she told me that she noticed his difficulty focussing and wanting the activities to go on longer (difficulty transitioning to the next task). I also explained that my husband has Asperger Syndrome and he has a lot of difficulty following the behavioral plan. He shuts down a lot and doesn't know what to do when our son's behavior gets difficult. My son has started saying "Daddy is stupid" because my hubby is very introverted and in his own thoughts. So when my son asks a question it takes a long time to get an answer and many times he tells him and answer when he doesn't really mean it. Such as "Yes" when son asks if he can fly down the stairway bannister(okay I made that one up) then son has a meltdown because when we finally figure out that my hubby didn't mean yes my son flips out. Anyway I was hoping that this would help sway the psychologist that our family really needs the in home behavioral therapy.

    Then I spoke to the behavior therapist and told her how it went. She asked" didn't the psych tell you what she was going to recommend?" I said no. So now I am convinced that we have a snowballs chance in hell and I am spent, depressed and pissed.

    Oh well, I can check that off my list and maybe take my health off the back burner. Maybe I can focus on getting my lyme test and actually try to get well.

    "Too normal to be disabled. Too disabled to be normal" That is my friend Renee's quote and it is all to true for us.

    I am sooooooooo upset.

    I'm sending hugs to all here. I hope next week is better for everyone.


    Lenore~I will bump my post I really want to hear what you have to say about the RC. Thanks

[ advertisement ]