What's on your 'To Do List' March 16 to 22nd?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Mar 15, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

I hope we hear from everyone soon, this thread just doesn't feel the same without all of our regulars and beloved 'just checking in' folks.

Ellen, please don't stop talking about the things in your life that matter to you. If we do nothing else but just be there for you, I hope it helps.

Molly, I hope things get better for you soon. You've had a full plate for a long time now and you're over due for a break.d

Not sure what I'll be doing today. Trying to pace myself and get some rest in (that now means not bouncing up every few seconds to get something else done)

Hubby's appt with the Neurologist is tomorrow and I want to go with him. Very worried about this but trying not to think about it until we know more.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Tell me again what is wrong with your hubby....I know I haven't been on here as much lately, so I've forgotten what the problem is. But I hope you'll be able to go with him and that it turns out to be nothing serious.

I just had a really busy weekend....I think the week may be more restful than the weekend was! My MIL had to go to the ER Friday night because she had a nosebleed that lasted more than 3 hours. I have to take her this morning again as they packed her nostril. Our little trip to the hospital took 3 hours.

Saturday I played for a memorial service at our church. A man of 52 passed away from ALS....it was sad, as he still has wife and sons at home. Sunday I played for a recital, so I'm glad the weekend is over!

Hope to hear from some more of you soon!
    Take care,
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

My goodness you did have a heck of a weekend....

Not sure what's wrong with hubby. Our 'family' doc found something abnormal on his MRI, but he had it done about 3 yrs ago!!! So we have no idea, but I know his doc tomorrow is the head of Neurology at a nearby hospital.

My friend with MS used to go to him so I know he's good.

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Things are looking more promising marriage-wise. Harry and I had another talk over the weekend and actually made some progress. The beginning of our "talk" was heated and I called Harry an a**hole and when I apologized for calling him that, he said that he deserved it with the way he's been acting! Imagine that! I couldn't believe that he actually was admitting that his behavior has been poor!

Then he said that he would start paying for two-thirds of the bills and it wasn't necessary for me to apologize for being a drama queen. So our money still isn't together, but at least it will be easier for me now. And we were actually able to calmly talk together and compliment eachother on eachother's strong points in the marriage. So maybe there is hope for us yet!

After getting our taxes done on Saturday, Harry and I went our to eat and then saw a scary movie, "The Last House on the Left". It didn't get a good rating, but both Harry and I liked it.
    On Sunday we had a party at Harry's parents' house to celebrate their 57th wedding anniversary.

Nancy: I am so sorry about your husband. So what is going on with your husband? Is he have a lot of pain? What are his symptoms? I hope this doctor can help him and that it isn't anything serious. And that for telling me I can talk about anything here.

Terri: It sounds like you did have quite a weekend with your mother. I'm glad she's better now. It is sad when someone young dies. I see it all the time in the obituarties in the newspaper. I check them everyday. It isn't often I see someone I know, but I do like to look them over. It's especially sad when a baby or small child dies.

Well, I had better get back to work. I am working later this afternoon as I had to go to the FMS doctor this morning in Ann Arbor to get my morphine prescription.

To-do list:

-FMS dr. appt. (done)
    -banking (done)
    -get gas for the car (done)
    -clean behind table next to the bed in Harry's room

Take care, everyone. See you tomorrow!

5. greygodess

greygodess New Member

We have had such a string of great weather. Sunny and normal than higher temperatures. It's all going to change tomorrow but for now it is nice. I can remember some cold and snowy St. Patrick's days. Never sure what is going to happen from one day to the next. I was supposed to bowl yesterday but ended up watching our 5 year old grandaughter Abby. There is an intestinal bug going around her house and she had to stay home from day care. I took advantage of the nice weather and did some raking. My back is really feeling it.

I finished the afghan for my oldest son. I ordered some items from craft stores but they are all on back order. I hope they don't all come at the same time. I think I went a little overboard and it will probably take me a couple of years to get it all done.

I hope everything goes well for all of you.

To do list:

Tues: Walk dogs-go to committee meeting
    Wed: Nature Center
    Thur, Fri, Sat: These days are open- probably clean house, maybe go to gym

6. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

May the luck of the Irish be with ye all today:)

I dressed my fine lad in a green polo shirt today and sent him off to school. I am in green and wearing a green shamrock pendant and my claddagh ring.

Nancy-GL for you husbands neuro visit. I'm so glad you have some energy back. Hooray!

Ellen-Good your weekend went well with your hubby. It's nice when they can admit to being not so nice!

Terri-I bet that service was really difficult. We had a classical guitarist and his wife sing at FIL service last week. It was so beautiful and extra special because was is a long time friend to FIL.

Grey-Enjoy the nature center. Your grandkids are so lucky to have you in their lives.

To do:

walk Skeeter (done)
    figure out how many respite hours we have
    call respite agency and request someone who can do some afternoons
    errands, plus a couple of Irish treats for my guys
    REST~it is minimum day this whole week for conferences
  7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi, where is everyone?

I have to admit that I didn't get much done on my list yesturday. I got showered and dressed and felt extremely exhausted so I got nowhere fast! Then later I felt waves of nausea and slight but annoying headache. I figured out that I went off my allergy diet with all the family in town for the memorial service and now I'm experiencing the awful effects. The other day I had these weird hives on my feet and ankles. Now that everyone is gone I will go back to my diet. It is so difficult to do this diet and I have done it since last August.

My son is still very fearful and sad about the death of grandpa. Last night we read a children's book and he cried and told me a lot of his feelings. I don't know what to do but just try and answer his questions and give hugs and acknowledge his feelings. I realized he has a lot of fear that I am going to die. He knows I am sick and he gets scared. At least he is sleeping through the night again.

To do:

Call for respite care hours (done)
    walk Skeeter
    Call Children's Hosp autism program and postpone for 3 months
    Parent-Teacher conference at 2 pm
    in-home behavior therapy for son from 3-5 pm

Hope you are all well!
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I just popped in to say hello and let you know I'm alive and well, thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I've been busy with appointments & then, when I'm home, I've been so terribly fatigued that I've been sleeping a lot & not even turning the computer on some days. I'll try to post tomorrow or Friday and catch up with each of you but in the meanwhile, don't worry about me. Love you, Theresa
  9. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I don't know if you'll remember me, as it has been ages since I've posted, but I remember you and wanted to say hello. Hope all is well!

10. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hugs to you all! I have missed each and everyone of you.

I haven't been on due to neck problems (yep, once again,thnx to the infamous surgery), been in PT and just got home from seeing neuro doc specializing in pain management. Five injections in the neck, shoulder, mid back region. Ouchy, but managable.

DD has her last baby shower this Saturday. Hard to believe.. She is due April 13, but I have a feeling it could be sooner (maybe wishful thinking). She will be considered full term next week.

Tell ya the truth, I've been grouchy and have withdrawn. For now, I will try and check in more frequently.

Nancy, I am sending my prayers to your DH. Please let us know what Neuro doc says.

To all of you, it was good to see all of you here!

Take perfect care..

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi!!!! Of course I remember you and your wonderful husband, how are things going with you two???

12. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I'm sorry to say he turned out to be not so wonderful. We are getting divorced and have been separated for a little over a year. Once it got to be too much financially for him because I can't work full time, he started blaming me for everything that went wrong in our lives and then started accusing me of faking and lying so I can be a (as he put it) "lazy, useless, fat ass."

I thought we had so much in common (both anti-materialism, anti-establishment, etc) and he seemed to be so understanding about me being sick and then like a mack truck speeding in the night, he changed so much. He became verbally abusive, tried to convince me I wanted kids when I really didn't and was very controlling. We moved back to our home town and he would throw a fit if I even wanted to go see my mom or my brother. I wasn't allowed to spend much time with friends either unless it was at my house, because he felt if I was too sick to work a full time good paying job, I was too sick to have a life. It was awful.

I'm okay now but after not speaking to each other for almost a month (while living in the same house) I went to stay with my brother. We tried to work it out but every time we would try to talk he'd start flipping out and calling me names so I told him I wanted a divorced, packed up the rest of my stuff and found an apartment with some friends. At least I found out how he really was before we were to far into it.

Glad you remember me!

Big gentle hugs
  13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Anne Theresa, thanks for stopping by and letting us know how things are going. I hope you get some rest soon and that your appts are going ok.

Molly, bless you.....relax....do what needs to be done if you can and learn to let the rest go. Most of us on this thread have older kids (or none) and I think I can speak for us all when I say that we admire you for what you ARE able to accomplish, since we all know what it's like to battle this illness on a daily basis, and you have a special needs child on top of it.

Kim, I'm sorry you're having neck problems but it's always great to hear from you. You must be so excited about the new baby.

Grey, I've been thinking about crocheting again but with the new puppy I'm not so sure how that would go. Something tells me he'd be all over me and wanting to run around the house with my yarn.

Ellen, that's good news that Harry's going to pay a larger portion of the bills (as he should). How are you doing since your surgery?

The neuro appt went well. The doc remembered us from 3 yrs ago, and ran some tests on hubby. He didn't do well on the one with electric currents through his feet. (Part of the restless legs syndrome)

He's going to redo the MRI and send him to an internist as he agreed with the possible dx of Celiac Disease. (I could rant here that hubby gets to go to an internist for the low Iron Stores yet neither one of us menstruate and I haven't been sent yet....but I'm trying not to)

This might take awhile to get him in to see one but I'm hoping that won't be the case. He has to go back to the GP, get the consult, then make appt etc....

For me, I'm sewing today! I tried on a pair of jammies (need to do laundry too) from last summer and they're falling off of me and two new fabrics came in the mail last night.

If I can figure it out, I'll post a recent pic of hubby and myself too.

Hugs all,

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

That borders on bizarre....much like my daughter's husband who knew she was mentally ill but dumped her off while she was in a long term care facility.

What a flip flop....I'm so sorry to hear about the divorce but as someone who was once married to an $^*#$&%$, I'm so glad you've made the decision not to take this kind of abuse.

Wow, I'm still kind of shocked, but I guess not quite as much as you would have been, lol!

Hang in there and please feel free to join us around here, I've missed hearing from you.

15. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Some men are strange creatures, it's like they think you can just magically change because you are now in their world.

Bizarre isn't the half of it. Now, keep in mind the divorce isn't even final yet, he's got a new girlfriend and their first child is due in July! They started dating in like May or June of last year and she was pregnant by September. That helps me laugh the whole thing off and just "pretend" it never happened. It feels like everything came crashing down so fast that sometimes I wonder if it really all happened at all or if it was just a really long nightmare! lol

The one good thing that came out of all this is I'm back in my home time surrounded by family and good friends who are very supportive and I now have a wonderful boyfriend who truly does know what being sick is like. He has an uncle he has watched go through having ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) for the last 10 years, give or take, so he knows what sickness is from a personal level (very close to the uncle). So far so good, but I'm not going to jump into marrying this one. Just continue to hope for the best.

Keep in touch! I'll be around more often on the board, I've missed it.

16. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Thanks for the welcome! And nice to "meet" you! And thanks for the name compliment. :)
    It's good to see there is a chit chat board now. I hadn't posted since 2005, a lot has changed! lol.

17. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Sorry I've missed getting on here for a couple of days, but it's been really hectic here at work. I've been working extra hours as I had to get out a bulk mailing. This is the time of the year when the seniors have their art shows and tomorrow is Art Scholarship Day for prospective art students and I've been helping with that. The beginning and the end of the semesters are especially busy for me. I worked eight hours yesterday without a break, which I know isn't good for the FMS and I'm feeling it. Plus, with trying to keep things going at home. I feel as though I could lay in bed and sleep all day. Thank goodness it's Friday! (and payday)

Nancy: Sounds like it's going to take awhile before you get a definite diagnosis for your husband. I hope you can get into the other doctor before too long. I have heard of Celiac disease. I think you have to be on a special diet eliminating all wheat products? I'm sure it must be frustrating to just want to know what's wrong and to have to keep waiting. As for my surgery, my head is still sore. Thanks for asking.

Molly: My heart went out to you when you said how your little boy was afraid now that you are going to die. I know that this is a common fear in children when someone in the family dies. They then fear that everyone is going to die. And death is such a hard thing to explain to them.

Linda: It is so good to hear from you again. I'm just so sorry that you are still having so many problems with your thyroid. I know the feeling of just wanting to lay in bed all the time. Maybe my thyroid is out of kilter, too, although they say it's not. I hope they can get your thyroid problems solved so you can have a little more energy.

Grey: Have you recovered from your raking? I have done some raking recently, but have to be careful not to overdo. As you know it can really bring on a flare-up. I hope you are doing better now.

Shannon: Welcome to our group! I'm sorry for all your marriage problems, but I hope that things work out for you and your boyfriend. But like you said, you don't plan to rush into anything, which is the smart thing to do. It's good that you didn't have any children with your husband.

Kim: I'm sorry your neck is still bothering you, but glad to hear from you. My neck area is one of my worst areas for the FMS. It is always painful. It's just that some days are more painful than others, so I can understand what you are going through. I have found that an ice pack feel good on it as it numbs the area giving me some temporary relief.

To-do list:

-empty dishwasher (done)
    -laundry (in progress)
    -flip the mattress on husband's bed (with his help)
    -wash bed skirt
    -go to Stations of the Cross at church after work - starts at 3:00

Have a good weekend, everyone! Talk to you on Monday!

18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I've had an outing every day this week, Monday, I went shopping with my sister. Tuesday, I went to my Weight-Watchers meeting (down 3 lbs. for a total of 14 lbs). Wednesday, I had my hair done and Thursday I went out for a friend's birthday dinner. All fun things but now I'm so very tired!

My fatigue has been so bad lately that one two-hour outing does not leave me enough energy to do anything else, including housework, cooking or using the computer.

My niece was planning to come over this afternoon to help me scrapbook but she canceled and, although I always enjoy her company, I was very relieved to have today to myself to rest, catch up on my housework and visit with you guys :)

In addition to this relentless fatigue, my neck pain was triggered by using the hair-wash sink at the hair salon. As well as the usual shampoo-rinse-repeat, the hairdresser put some conditioner in my hair that necessitated my remaining in the hair-washing-position for an extra twenty minutes. ouch! I'm pleased with the finished product, though, my hair looks great!

Ellen, I'm so glad you & Harry have resolved your issues related to finances. I hope you get a good rest this weekend and that your daily workload slows down to the degree that you're able to get your breaks.

Hi Shannon and Welcome to the To-Do List thread! I don't believe we've met but I recognize your screen name from a few years ago. I'm sorry your marriage ended but I'm glad you found a good & supportive boyfriend. Having the right person in your life makes a world of difference. I'm twice-divorced and I was beginning to think I'd never find Mr. Right but I sure did. We've been together for 20 years and we're happy through all the ups & downs.

Linda, it's good to see you. It seems we're both fatigued to the limit. I'd like to stay in bed all day but I know from experience it wouldn't result in my feeling rested. As it is, I wake up after a good night's sleep feeling as dog-tired as when I went to bed and I stay that way (or worse) all day. My little Easter Bunny is well & happy, a complete cuddle-monkey. I'd love to post a recent pic but this web site (for some reason) will not allow me to upload photos.

Nancy, try not to worry too much about your husband. It's easier said than done, I know. I don't understand why there was a three-year lapse between the MRI and the result (Did I read that wrong?) At any rate, take it day-by-day and mind those stress levels.

Kim, I'm sorry your neck is bothering you. I hope the injections provide some relief. You must be excited about the upcoming blessed event. Spring is a great time to have a baby!

Molly, I've been thinking of you lately, making your way through this difficult time. You did very well to hold yourself & your family together so that the public side of the grief process could be done with decorum and dignity. My heart goes out to Liam as he experiences his first up-close encounter with death. You're a good mom to be there for him and answer his questions as best you can. You & your family are in my prayers.

Gregoddess, I think it's wonderful you're able to make an afghan for your son. The most I've done is knit scarves (nothing fancy) for my sons, nieces & nephews for Christmas one year. The were very well-received so I can imagine how much a hand-made afghan would be appreciated.

Terri, I hope you have a more restful weekend this week than last. It must be tough to play at funerals, particularly in the case of someone who seems to have died before their time.

To-Do Today

sweep/swiffer floors
    make pudding
    pack box for Goodwill
    dust bedroom furniture
    read & relax

Enjoy the Weekend,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  19. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Hubby's symptoms started almost 4 years ago....fatigue was first, something just wasn't right. We were both so sick our friend had to fly with Katy to the states to her second hospitalization. I mention this because I was sooo sick too that I didn't notice quicly enough how bad he was getting. (Prior to this he was very athletic, upbeat and energetic, and bordering on brilliant!!)

He tested pos a few months later for EBV and Lyme, both went untreated. I put him on an herbal Lyme remedy that really helped him get back up and running. (This was all during the time my Mom died, Katy was again hospitalized, I was dx with Thyroid disease etc.....so again I wasn't noticing how bad he was)

And he's never been the same since. The MRI was done at this time but nobody mentioned any abnormalities.

In June when Katy was hospitalized again and our stress was through the roof, he started having 'the poops' (no way I can spell the D word this morning) and running to the bathroom constantly.

He also has RLS, I found this while trying to figure out why he was so tired and not sleeping well.

Now he's tested very low Iron Stores, like me....while looking up info for us, I found an article that people with RLS and Low Iron Stores should be checked for Celiac Disease, and it seems to fit.

He walks out of the house for work so tired, forgetful, butt dragging and like us, it's all he can do to take care of simple chores around the house let alone work the job he has with the stress that's included plus travel.

He's had a lot of doc appts lately and our doc mentioned an abnormality on his MRI, done so long ago.

With everything that goes on in this house, he has a tendency to put himself last, and that's not right. I'm just glad I've found more energy and clearness of mind right now so I can help him out and see this through.

I'm so sorry all, I've forgotten all of the posts again, yet I know some are having a rough time.

I wish you all well, today we're just resting....he needs it!

20. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Not many will see this, but today is my boys' birthday! They are 14 today and looking forward to the big day (they're still asleep.) We were at a music festival that they were chosen for and it was out of town, so we've had another big weekend. Mother is doing better now after another trip to the hospital for diarrhea......poor lady. But I think she's through with the ER now - I hope for a long time!