What's on your "To Do List" March 17th 23rd??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Mar 16, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

I'm so proud of myself, I finished all of my big chores from last week and that almost never happens.

I do need to work on my checkbook again as I still haven't put last week's paycheck in.

Hubby and I went shopping yesterday on base and I finally put a deposit on 2 antique pieces. We need storage solutions badly in this house for his clothing mostly and it's time to get some. European homes have no closets built in.

I have them on hold waiting for a possible St. Patrick's Day sale. I'm hoping for a discount, if not, I'll just buy the one piece I like best.

So for today, it's my weekly phone call to my friend in Tampa, checkbook and shower/shampoo.

Hope you all are well this week...

2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I thought I'd beat you to posting today, Nancy! LOL

Missed you all last week. It was just nuts. In many ways. Probably while I still haven't gone to bed!

I will read the different posts later on this morning,afternoon, etc.

Hope all is well. Oh and for Linda... or is it Laurie!? LOL I must have had a stupid day with giving you a new name! Sry!

See you soon..

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

For this special day, hubby and I are going out to....spray our fruit trees! We put on a dormant oil to keep the bugs down and we need to do it before they bud out. We have 4 apple, 1 pear (not producing yet), 1 apricot, 1 nectarine, 2 cherry, and 1 peach (also not producing yet). We had a lovely apple pie yesterday, from apple pie filling I froze from our own trees.....that was nice!

Today we'll have a little cleaning to do, as my twins are having two friends over to spend the night. We have a pick up camper, so the boys will sleep out there with their sleeping bags, plus a DVD to watch movies. They probably won't sleep at all......

Nancy- give yourself a pat on the back for getting your chores done! You go, girl!

Kim- good to see you are back! Sounds like you've had a crazy schedule, staying up until almost 5 a.m.! Take care of yourself, please.

I hope to hear from more of you soon!
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Where did my long weekend go? I can't believe it's Monday already! I'm pretty much over my flare-up, but I just couldn't sleep well last night. I did have some hip pain and couldn't get comfortable because of that. Frustrating. So I'm sitting here at work feeling sleepy and wishing I could take a nap!

I have a dr. appt. with the FMS doctor right after work, but luckily my husband is picking me up and driving me. So that is a lifesaver. I think I will put the seat back and relax on the way up to my appt. They will be weighing me today, although I don't feel as though I've lost as much weight this time, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. I made chili yesterday, so dinner is already made when we get home.

Nancy: That's one thing I found strange about European homes-no closets. You must use armoures? (sp?) I remember that's what my penpal from Austria used in their home when I visited her from storing their clothes, but it does seem like closets would be better.

Kim: So what is keeping you up all night until 5:00 a.m.? I was awake at this hour, too, although I didn't do it intentionally.

Terri: I'm so sorry you son had to quit his job, but with the hay allergies I can see that he had no other choice. I hope he can find another job soon.

Linda: How are you feeling? I hope your tailbone is doing better.

To-do list:

-doctor appt. in Ann Arbor
    -catch up on mending
    -chili for dinner

That's it for me. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

5. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hmm, did I mean physical, supportive or mental?!? LOL Actually, I just did it again. I typed this really nice response to Nancy, then went on to find out about Kim, whose name I hadn't seen here before, and lost the damn message again!! Where does it go? I know how to click back to read the whole thread and click forward to write, but if I click back twice to get to a profile, I'm screwed. I did this last week too. So can SOMEONE tell me what stupid thing I am doing wrong? I feel like such a moron.....

Anyway, back to Nancy....WAY TO GO for getting those major chores done! It must be such a good feeling --I'm delighted for you! <smile> Bill paying time again, huh. I had a lot of energy on Saturday and finally went through my mail, plus found some in this huge pile on my desk. A few were due this week, so I went ahead and paid everything I found. Of course, the mailman brought two more Saturday afternoon....hate that mailman! I use a mileage credit card to pay almost everything, so when that bill comes I have to break it out since I keep track of all my expenses (that alone takes about 45 minutes when it used to take me 15). As I'm writing this I'm wondering why I do it.... I've been doing it for almost 20 years now and needed it for taxes when I owned my own practice; I guess just habit. Oh wait; I remember now, it IS for taxes so I can deduct my medical expenses. Nancy, this bill paying/banking thing has been one of my hardest "to do" things. Since starting on this board and having you for a "bill paying buddy", you have helped me immensely these last weeks. I can't thank you enough!

Hi Kim, I don't think we have *met* yet; your group has graciously and compassionately taken me under their wing. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Terry, I'm so jealous (but happy for you) that you are getting your gardening done. I have a lemon and lime that won't bud, a tangelo that's starting and roses starting. I haven't fed them, sprayed them or anything. Gardening was a passion of mine and I so much want to get back to it. Maybe I'll lean on you a little for support in ths area, the way Nancy is helping me with household expenses. It would be so wonderful to put time aside for SOMETHING I used to do and love.... <sigh>

Ellen, Ellen, you need rest, poor baby. What a wonderful husband you have, willing and able to drive you to a doctor's appointment. I don't know how far a drive it is, but maybe a power nap might help? I find naps make me worse, but for some I hear it helps a lot. You posted something last week about wishing you didn't have to work. I haven't been able to practice since 2004 (special education attorney) and am so behind on the current laws and regulations, I screwed up a request last week for one of my sons. I also got a call last week from someone who needed help on a dicey situation with her son that was very time sensitive. I obviously couldn't help; and for me, I just broke down and cried. Kids with disabilities need so much advocacy to get what they deserve in school (especially here in California where the budget is being slashed to ribbons) and from 1999-2004 I was the only attorney in the area to help them (we're talking like 16,000 kids in special ed). No one has taken my place yet; and I was REALLY good at it-- so good that I'm still getting calls four years later. I wish so much that I could work again and help; I feel like I've let "my kids" down. I really believe this is the second biggest thing this DD has taken from me; my ability to help kids with special needs. Too ironic.... I hope your appointment goes well. Do let us know what happens. Your post reminded me to take something out for dinner; yet another of my "to do" hard things to remember. Your post reminded me to go to the freezer and take out some chicken; without seeing your post, I probably would have forgotten.

Geez, this group put together is like one big *life coach* for me! Every day it seems someone says something that makes a major difference in my day. I am so very grateful to you gals for taking me in; each of you really ARE making a difference in someone's life.

Anne Theresa, Lacey, Linda et al, how was your weekend?

To do:
    make dr. appointments (4-ugh)
    PT for shoulder
    finish tax organizing and make appt with accountant
    sign and send son's special education assessment plan
    make dinner

Have a wonderful day, all!
  6. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hiya Lacey,

I just remembered that your son's g/f is going for an ultrasound today-- please let us know how mother to be and baby are doing....

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

Lenore, the easiest way to respond to posts is to hold down the shift key when you click 'reply'. This will open a new window for you to write your response. That way you don't have to click back and forth to check the thread, you can simply move between windows. easy peazy!

Ellen, I'm sorry your hip pain is effecting your sleep - that will make for a long day, unfortunately. I hope you have a good doctor's appointment and are pleased with your weight.

I've gained weight (again) due (I suppose) to this new medication, unwarranted because I've been watching what I eat and it's been very little. It seems unbelievable for a person to gain 10 lbs. in less than 2 weeks, but that's what's happened to me. I'll try my best to get this under control and lose weight from here, but if I gain any more I'm going to consider changing medications.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Terri! I hope you enjoy the day working with your fruit trees. A sleepover with DVD sounds like great fun for your boys - I'm sure they'll have a good time.

Kim, you're keeping early hours these days. I hope you're getting some rest. I look forward to hearing about your trip to Indianapolis, hopefully it was a good and worthwhile time.

Nancy, congratulations on having such a good and productive week. It feels good to complete a to-do list, doesn't it? This is something I only do every once in a great while - there are usually a few to-do's that get away from me.

I had a difficult weekend, lots of pain and so tired I barely made it out of bed. I feel the same today and overwhelmed with all that needs to be done.

- phone doctors office re lab reports
    - clean kitchen
    - make soup
    - shower & shampoo
    - make up pill dispenser's
    - try on my good suit to see if it still fits :( If it doesn't, then figure out an outfit for upcoming b-day celebration.

There's much more to-do but I'll leave it for tomorrow. If I can mange the above-noted list, it will take me a long way toward feeling better, less overwhelmed.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2008]
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

As often happens, yesterday didn't turn out as planned. My daughter needed to go to the doc so she came in to make an appt and I picked her up on base.

Then I had to take her to her appt, and spent over 2 hours in a medical clinic filled with sick kids, yuck!

They're treating her for strep, a respiratory illness, she walks to the bathroom and can hardly breathe afterwards, severe contact dermatitis and a few other things. And to top it off, she woke me up this morning calling to see if I wanted to 'go somewhere' today, nope, just want to rest!!!

Ellen, yes the pieces are armoires but I can't seem to spell it so I took the easy route and just said pieces! I need to call the lady back today since I was too tired last night to answer her message, I'm still hoping they'll go on sale.

Lenore....it's wonderful to hear a bit more about your life, how wonderful it is that you spent your time helping children in need.

Anne Theresa, I hope things go well with the weight loss but I do understand completely the need for change if the weight gain continues. At least in your case there are other options to chose from. Don't let it go on too long...

Kim, sorry I beat you to starting this post. I thought I was free to report a wonderful resting day yesterday after such a busy week before.

Linda, still hoping to hear good news about your tail bone and recovery.

Still need to water my plants today and do my checkbook work. Hopefully that's all that will be on my list.

Hugs all,

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Ladies:

You would laugh if you saw the office I sit in right now. It is filled with life-size (children's size bodies) right now. Our Art Dept. has a Saturday morning children's art class and the children made life-size bodies using their own bodies using clean plastic tape. Some of them are hanging from the ceiling and the rest are sitting around the room. I have one mom picking up one this morning so far. It looks like a haunted house!

Good news from the doctor-I have lost another four pounds! So the weight loss has slowed down, but as least it's continuing. I got brave and finally looked to see what my actually weight was at the beginning and what it is now. I am going to tell you girls-I started out at 225 and I now weigh 202. Just three more pounds and I will be back into the 100's! I told myself I would never allow myself to weigh 200 pounds and here I weighed 225, but at least I'm headed in the right direction now. My goal is to lose 60 pounds, but that would put me at 165 pounds. I am 5'5" tall. I wonder what the suggested weight is for someone of my height. Anyone have a weight chart? I should ask my regular doctor.

Also, yesterday I finally got brave and called my regular doctor's office as I need to have blood work done to have my cholesterol checked and my blood sugar to see if I have diabetes. I am really afraid I might have it, but it's been years since I've had it checked and I shouldn't have gone this long. It's time to face the music. I'm kind of scared. I really don't need another health problem, but I need to know.

Lenore: Thanks for all your encouraging words to me. Yes, I know I have a full plate and tend to overextend myself. I do love my job, but there are times when FMS makes it hard to work. I am thankful that I only work half-time now. I am sorry you are no longer able to work. It sounds like your job was a very worthwhile one helping special needs children. As for gardening, please feel free to ask me any gardening questions, too. I have been a gardening since I was a child, except I do live in a different part of the country than you do (Michigan) so I will have different plants and climate. By the way, Lenore, you might think this is weird, but I actually enjoy paying bills!

Anne Theresa: I am so sorry you have been gaining weight due to medication. I am assuming that it's an anti-depressant that's doing this? I remember when I was on Lyrica. That made me gain weight and didn't really help me that much. I should have gone off it sooner. Sorry you had a rough weekend. I often feel overwhelmed by having too much to do. Does your sweetie help you? My husband helps me with laundry and dishes sometimes, which is a big help to me.

Nancy: I can't imagine your daughter wanting to go out and "do something" when the day before she wasn't feeling well. I'm sure you were wiped out from having to sit in the doctor's office and that's the last thing you felt like doing.

Terri: I would love to have all the fruit trees that you do, but we just don't have all the room that you do. We have a pretty good-sized back yard, but not large enough for fruit trees. We would have to cut down all our pretty evergreens. We do have a vegetable garden.

To-do list:

-grocery shopping
    -drop off a check to our financial planner
    -finish a load of laundry (just need to fold the clothes)
    -finish chili tonight for dinner
    -pool therapy class

10. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

G'mornin' ladies,

Anne Theresa, I held down the shift key when I hit reply and it worked! You're a godsend--easy peasy like you said--thanks so much! :)

I didn't get my list done yesterday.... <sigh> Last Monday when I saw the rheumy and got the FMS dx he switched me from Neurontin to Lyrica, but at only half the equivalent dose for the first week. Yesterday I dosed up and I can't even explain how awful it was. The dizziness I expected; the nerve pain in my legs, the unbelievable extreme nausea and the *I can't remember my own name* I didn't. It got so bad by dinnertime that I called the doctor after hours and even posted to the CFS/FMS board for guidance. I didn't hear from the doc, so took the full night dose with an Ambien CR at 9 pm, and finally fell asleep after midnight (sleeping pills don't work for me but I had a few left and thought it was worth a shot). I haven't taken anything yet this morning--waiting for the doctor to call.

Geez, the guy read my mind and just called! I'm to stay on the initial dose (150mg/day) for two more weeks, then go to 225 mg until my appt with him April 17. I still have residual dizziness/nausea, but hopefully that will go away as the day goes on....

When I went to PT for my shoulder yesterday, the therapist told me it's worse, no more PT, see the ortho right away and she was going to call him herself. I have what they call Rotator Cuff Impingement Syndrome. MRI 16 months ago showed no tears, new one showed no tears but a progression of my tendonitis, bursitis, and possible impingement; but PT strongly believes I need surgery to shave some bone and open up the space where all the tendons, nerves and stuff go through because all conservative therapies over the last 16 months haven't worked (cortizone shots, PT, strengthening, etc.). NOT what I wanted to hear. You guys that have FMS for a while--is it common to feel like your body is physically just weakening and falling apart? I look back and remember I had knee surgery in June and foot surgery in July of last year; rehab took me until November, and now this shoulder thing. Have you heard of others that have gone through this, or am I just "lucky"?

Nancy, I see you posted last night, then realized you are hours and hours ahead of California, so for you it WAS morning. Duh. Your poor daughter and poor you! Of course you just wanted to rest after that ordeal. Did you get your new armoire yet? You have posted about shopping "on base"; what does that mean? I would say I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon, but if she's already wanting to "do something", she must be on the mend. Ah, the resilience of the young....

Anne Theresa, what new medication are you taking that is making you gain weight? Is it the Remeron? I'm sorry you had such a painful weekend and are feeling overwhelmed. You were smart to keep your list short to focus on feeling better and being less overwhelmed. Amazing how we all seem to know what we each individually need; for me it's the execution that's the problem! <grin>. Your post reminded me that it's pill case time for me and my boys--again, thanks for helping to keep ME on track! <big gentle hug>

Ellen, your office sounds hilarious. Now, if you start talking to them and they answer....leave the room.....slowly <chuckle>. Congrats on your weight loss! That's a great achievement. According to Weight Watchers (I looked it up for you), the *ideal* seems to be about 150 pounds, but there's always flexibility in that. I was about 15 pounds overweight before last year and wanted to lose 15 more to be *ideal*. My cardiologist said something so profound to me that it stuck in my head and I can repeat it verbatim: "It's just a number; if you feel good, and you look good, and you are healthy, it's just a number." I was good and heart healthy, so I stopped the numbers game. Of course, I'm back in the numbers game thanks to neurontin until I get back to where I was when he said it, 25 pounds ago...lol Don't get discouraged by the slowdown, I would focus on that great positive of continued loss, however much it might be each month. May you live to be 100 years old (an old Italian toast), so you have 50 years to do it! Now run, don't walk and get your cholesterol and glucose checked. I'm sure you and your doctor already know this, but the cholesterol testing has subparts that need to be done to see the whole picture, and there is another test beside a simple glucose that measures over the last three months. My mom was dxed with diabetes in December and I freaked out about it since her mom and grandmom also both had it, so I went running to the doctor to have mine checked. I wish I could remember the exact name of the fancy test, but it was low, low, low, so I had no worries. I'll look around and see if I can find that lab result in my papers for you. I may take you up on those gardening tips once I find out what they are going to do about my shoulder.

my to do today:
    yesterday's calls for dr and tax appts and send in younger son's assessment plan
    call to refill Rxs for me and boys
    pick up boys' Rxs (they take ADD triplicate med)
    pill cases for me and the boys
    make dinner: hamburgers, french fries and grilled veggies

Enjoy the day, all! :)

[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2008]
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I didn't get very far on yesterday's to-do list, rather I crashed after posting it, then spent most of the day lying in bed & feeling sick. When sweetie got home from his day at work, he helped me get up and out to the living room to watch TV for a while, but that was the extent of my day.

I still feel rough (too much pain, nausea, dizziness, the usual) but I'm aiming for a better day. My top priorities are to shower & shampoo (it's like climbing a mountain when I feel like this) and then depending on how I feel, I'll either a) to go to the mall with my friend for an hour or b) stay home and read.

God bless,

12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Not sure but my daughter may be coming in today. I bought her some new shoes and they've arrived in the mail so I'm thinking she'll be in for them.

Ellen, the thought of your office cracked me up! And I'm so happy for you continuing to lose weight. Any weight loss is progress so don't be too concerned about the numbers.

Lenore, my husband is retired US Navy and he works for the government still. We live in Stuttgart Germany so we shop on the American bases here (mostly).

As for our bodies weakening? Yes, I'm only at about 40% of who I used to be just a few short years ago. I do feel stronger in the spring and summer months though and manage to get so much more done then.

And I consider the beginning of this DD to be when I had Toxic Shock Syndrome at the tender age of 18. I've had symptoms ever since, but the progression has been easy to see.

Anne Theresa, bless you...take care now that you're not feeling well again. I can't imagine going to the mall after the day you've described. I vote for the book and rest....

I'm still quietly hoping for a resting day today although hubby and I do need to go and make a decision on the armoire. I really need the storage space and can't quite figure out why I'm reluctant to finish the purchase.

And most days with my daughter feel like having a 5 yr old back in the house again....

Hugs all,

13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We are enjoying our spring break and getting lots of little projects done.

Hubby ran around last night and cleaned out some paper clutter....I'm afraid to look at what's gone, but I probably won't miss it! I also got some iris transplanted that hadn't been doing very well- hopefully they will like their new location.

No steer yet, but the fence is going up. Hubby and the boys are working hard on it this week....so you may hear some "mooooving" stories in the near future! (sorry about the groaner!)

I'll be happy if I get that done!
    Take care, all-

14. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

I usually don't get to this until I've dropped everyone at school, but I woke up very early so I thought I would "get on track" a little early.

Anne Theresa, I am so very sorry that you are doing poorly right now. Some weeks are like that for me, and I have to do what you are doing. Let everything go (it will still be there next week <groan>) and focus on regaining a little strength and indulging on you. I agree with Nancy and vote for the book. Since my shoulder has been acting up so badly; like you, I have to actually plan for a shower/shampoo. My hair is below shoulder length and wavy, and; like most women, I dislike it the way it is, so I have to wash it twice, condition it, towel dry it, put styling products in, and blow dry it straight. Touch it up with a flat iron if need be. That puts me down for about half a day. If you can, why don't you indulge yourself in an "Anne Theresa Day": have a nice long warm shower and shampoo, use your favorite cologne/lotion/scent (if you don't have MCS),snuggle into your favorite clothes (for me it's pj bottoms like Nancy-- hey Nancy, how much do you charge to sew those all too cool pj bottoms?) and pick up that book. Nap if you like, remember to eat (I'm told protein is supposed to be out best friend) and just revel in your "Anne Theresa World". I hope you can do something like that to try to break your awful cycle of pain. I have you in my prayers, sweetie.

Nancy, I hope you get your "resting day" with hubby. How long have you been in Germany? Do you see yourself ever coming back to the States? The armoires aren't going anywhere-- if you can't make a choice, maybe you can ask them to give you the right of first refusal and call you if they have another potential purchaser to buy you some time? It could be that buying, delivering, and filling it is such a big chore you want to put it off for an energy day; just a guess on my part. If holding off takes some stress off you, wait if you want and try not to feel guilt over it. If your daughter comes, enjoy your time and make HER fill the armoire <smile>. Focus on your upcoming birthday celebration and rest up for that, my dear.

Terri, Washington has Spring Break now? My kids aren't off until the week of April 6th-- I'm taking them to Philadelphia/NJ for vacation. I grew up in NJ and my mom is there, so we're going to have sort of a historical vacation seeing the sights,then go to mom's. We're coming back the day after my birthday, so I'm planning a little party with my friends I have from childhood who are still there. Tell your boys to get moooooooving on that fence (couldn't resist!) and enjoy the day.

Ellen, are the people dolls helping with your chores? lol

My to do:
    finish up those phone calls since Monday
    take my son to therapy, pick up his rx, and turn in all the rxs to the pharmacy
    get the rxs back and finish all our pill cases
    meeting tonight from 7-8:30 pm for older son
    come home and hope they didn't tear the house apart!

Have a great day all,
  15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I slept good last night. If I had any hip pain, it wasn't enough to wake me up. I've had a busy morning at work. I can't believe it's already late morning and I'm just now getting on here to talk to all of you. I'm afraid I might have to start working Fridays again before long. Of course this Friday I get off anyway as a holiday because of Good Friday. I still need to use up more vacation time. But it's definitely getting busier now that it's getting closer to the end of the semester. It always does.

And no, Lenore, the "tape people" (or whatever you called them!) are not helping me in the office! If they were, I'd definitely take some of them home to help me with chores! I found out today that they are being moved sometime next week to another room-yeah! No more getting teased about them!

I've got another busy afternoon-what else is there? Lunch with Jim-I haven't seen him in a week. Get my hair cut and run a few errands. Then I see the dental specialist about my tooth. I have been messing around with this stupid tooth for probably eight months now. I keep getting sent from office to office. Now I am going back to the same specialist I saw eight months ago. Today I am going to insist on having a root canal on this tooth to finally end all the pain I've had in it so I can finally eat and drink normally again. Anything cold makes me hit the roof!

Lenore: So sorry you've had a bad experience with the Lyrica and that you may have to have surgery on your shoulder. First with the Lyrica. Watch your weight on it as I found that I gained weight with this medication. As for your shoulder, I don't know about our bodies breaking down with the FMS, but in the past 20 years, I have had about 12 surgeries-different kinds-my heart, bladder, skin cancer, endometriosis, an implant put in, etc. So my body has definitely gone through a lot, but I know it's not that way with everyone. Oh, and thanks for looking up my weight on the weight chart. Yes, you are right about not getting obsessed with numbers. When my weight gets to 165, I will have to see how I look and feel then.

Anne Theresa: So sorry you crashed and weren't able to do all you wanted to do. I know how frustrating that is. It's so good that you have a partner that is so understanding. I feel bad for those who don't.

Terri: I'm glad you are having a good spring break and you and the boys and enjoying it. I envy you getting outside and working in the garden. It's definitely too early to do that here in Michigan. I have some tulips just starting to come up and some crocus, too. One of my crocus is blooming.

To-do list:

-lunch with Jim
    -get hair cut
    -take earring in to get repaired
    -drop off check to our financial planner
    -dental appointment
    -vacuum carpet upstairs

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi friends, I'm still in a flare-up & running on empty but I managed to go to the hairdresser's yesterday. I had my highlights refreshed & a trim so I'm looking good :)

My main to-do for today is a trip to the spa for a massage therapy session, followed by a wee bit of shopping (the spa is located in a mall so picking a few things up afterwords is easy), then I'll come home to either
    a) fall into bed or
    b) tidy the house and make dinner,
    depending on how I feel.

There seems to be something wrong with the board today - posts are disappearing into cyber-space etc. - so, rather than invite frustration, I'll just end this message here.

I'll try to write more later when the boards are more stable.

Wishing everyone a good day.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  17. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi everyone,

Anne Theresa, I've noticed this thread is very light this week and attributed it to everyone being busy, not poats disappearing. Hmm...

I'm so glad you were able to get your hair done! I always seem to feel a little better when I at least look *normal*; I hope you do too. I desperately need to get my hair and nails done; never seems time for it.

Ellen, I saw my post looked weird and I had typed a <chuckle> after my remark about the cardboard people talking to you that didn't print. I hope you didn't take offense--me, I would have gone out for a drink with them! Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. I hope it's a successful day for you.

Yesterday the school nurse called and said my younger son had hit his head playing basketball, so I ran to school, then the pediatrician. No concussion, but keep him home for the day and watch him. As we're leaving the parking lot (now lunchtime), daughter's school nurse calls that she injured her ankle in gym. Off to pick her up (with son who's supposed to be lying down in car) and then to urgent care as it wwas lunchtime and the pediatrician was closed. They did x rays, gave her a boot and told me to see a specialist. We wen this morning, she has an MRI at 3 pm, then another appt with the specialist afterwards to rule out an achilles tear. Between picking up kids, dropping off/picking up Rxs, and running a hospital ward, yesterday was pretty bad. By 4 pm I was at my pcp with a stress induced asthmsa attack.

To do :
    take daughter to MRI at 3 pm and dr.
    figure out how to get sons home from school (of course they get out at 2:40 and 3 pm).
    figure out dinner
    meeting from 6-8pm for older son
    TRY to knock some stuff off the week's list to date.

That's it guys; very hectic here. I knew it would be with my having the children for the ex, but not THIS hectic.

18. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope you get a good soaking (I mean Phoenix, not you!) to get the pollen count down. That can be miserable....I know from experience.

I didn't get one window cleaned....I think I'll just do one window a day until they are done. That's less scary.

Sorry this is short, but my house looks like a tornado hit! Happy Easter to everyone!

19. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all,

Ok, that is weird, not only is my Thursday post missing but also my lengthy reply to Ellen about the Europeans and their eating habits.

Lenore, I hope everything goes well with the kids...and you too! Breathe....

I woke up sick today, nose all stuffed up so I won't really have a to do list, but if I find some time and feel better, I'd love to start organizing the room with hubby's clothes in it to prepare for the delivery.

Otherwise it's back to bed for me....

Hugs all,

20. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi everyone,

Yesterday went to he** in a handbasket. I took my daughter in to the specialist in the morning, MRI in the afternoon and back to the specialist. It looks like she has a partial interior tear in her left Achilles tendon. NO weight bearing, ice elevate and rest for the next four days, which means she's home today. Between the pain/boredom/medication she is EXTREMELY cranky, and driving me crazy. "Mommy, make me an omelette", "Mommy fix my pillows", ice every two hours, "Mommy runs upstairs and get me_______"- well, you get the picture. My son is back to his normal and at school.

Linda and Nancy, thanks for the kind prayers for the kids. By Monday, I may need those prayers to not murder anyone... lol Linda, I hope you are breathing better. Allergies/asthma is such a bummer. Nancy, I take it you made a choice on armoires? That's exciting! Take it easy as you organize; I know it's been a really tough week for you.

Anne Theresa, if you read this, I really hope you are doing better too; it can be so difficult when we're in a flare. I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Terry, I like your idea of one window at a time; it does sound much less daunting that way.

My daughter was supposed to go camping with a friend, and my fiance's daughter is at her mom's for the weekend. We were hoping to do a "boys' trip" since only my two sons would be home, but that got scrapped with my daughter's condition. My little one is beset with disappointment, and this weekend unexpectedly home will give us all a chance to catch up from the whirlwind week. I missed a very important meeting for my older son last night (it simply fell out of my head with running my daughter around and worrying). Last night I just felt so totally incompetent, I fantasized disappearing to Costa Rica since I can't do anything right, can't take care of the kids, can't take care of myself. I really hope I can blow that big fat black cloud away this weekend.

To do:
    grocery shopping (done)
    make chili in crockpot for weekend (done)
    email daughter's teachers (done)
    call son's baseball coach
    rearrange some appointments for next week
    put out/up my Spring decorations
    orthopedist for my shoulder 1 pm
    make hair appt or shower/shampoo
    make Shabbat dinner (ingredients planned out so far)
    wish: bake special cookies for Jewish holiday today

I hope everyone has a great weekend, whatever your plans!