What's on your 'To Do' List March 23 to 29th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Mar 22, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Terri, hope your kids had a wonderful birthday!

I have another monster list for this week, yet if I could manage to get some of this done, it might look better next week.

Katy's running out of meds again and we haven't received the prescription in the mail again. If we could just get this straightened out, we'll switch docs immediately.

The pup is showing signs of his 'maleness' and needs a neuter appt as soon as I can make one.

I still need to do the passport paperwork although I'll see if I can fit that in later today after my facial.

And I'm running out of some meds too and need to stop by my doc's office to get them. I can also combine this trip with TriCare for the paperwork to change Katy's doc.

Might not seem like much, but with hubby down and not feeling well at all, all of the household chores are falling to me as well.

Yikes, now I'm tired from listing the list!! Glad I scheduled a facial for some relaxing time for myself.

Hugs all,

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- thanks for the well wishes. My boys had a great day and are following it up with a friend party tonight. There will be three coming plus our two, and they plan to sleep out in the camper. We just have a little pickup camper, but they like it out there and we like the quiet. We are on spring break this week.

I also scheduled some "me time" today....I'm getting my hair highlighted and cut. I only do it about every 5 months and it needs it.....getting gray! I always feel rejuvenated after getting it done.

Our spring break will be spent putting in a sprinkler system. We've hired a guy from out of town, but it will require a lot on our parts too. Hubby will be out there working with him and probably the boys too. I'll be the gopher......go fer this and go fer that!

I hope everyone is enjoying some warmer weather.....I'm ready for it!

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Here we are, the start of another week. I can't believe that March is two-thirds over now. It will be Easter before we know it!

This morning at work has been nice and quiet and I've been working at a slow, but steady pace. It's been a welcome relief after the hectic pace of last week. I did get some extra hours in last week, which is great for the pocketbook, but the fast pace isn't good for the FMS. I know this is just temporary, though, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

You mentioned in your post, Nancy, about all the household chores falling to you. Harry and I had a discussion about that. He has never been one to help me with chores and I've given up trying to get him to help me. He says he that since he works 50 hours a week he shouldn't have to help at home. I told him that I bet I put in close to 50 hours a week myself with working 25 hours outside the home, plus with all the household chores. Then in the summer, I do a lot of the yard work (no mowing) ,too. He couldn't believe that.

So this week I've decided to keep track of my hours, including when I run errands, too. I'ts going to be kind of a pain to do, but I am curious as to how many hours I do put in. So far yesterday I put in almost 3 hours and I didn't do as much yesterday as I normally do. What about you girls? How many hours do you think you put in? And I don't even cook every night.
    It took me 21 minutes just to chop up meat (plus cutting off the fat) for chop suey yesterday.

Nancy: I don't blame you for feeling overwhelmed with your husband and Katy not feeling well and not doing well yourself. But it seems like we women have to keep going somehow. Don't feel guilty for not noticing how badly your husband was doing. How can you help someone when you are drowning yourself? And you had Katy and her problems, too.

Terri: Happy birthday to your boys! I always check last week's post to see what everyone wrote over the weekend. Sounds like you will be busy putting in a sprinkler system. My husband has always wanted one of those.

Anne Theresa: Sounds like you have been overdoing it. It's too bad, but I guess you will have to cut back on the socializing for awhile. As for the neck problems at the hairdressers, why not ask them to put a towel over those sinks? I don't get my hair washed anymore at the hairdressers for that reason, but I did find that putting a towel over the sink did help. Not putting a towel was pure agony! I hate to even think about it! I can't imagine going as long as you did!

To-do list:

-finish spring cleaning Harry's room
    -pick up prescriptions
    -pick up cat litter
    -leftovers for dinner
    -empty dishwasher (done)

4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi girls,
    It is great to read your updates. Welcome Shannon! I hope you will be able to chime in with us soon. Love your user name.

Nancy-Ahhhh a facial sounds so nice. Enjoy, I'm sure you will. It is so hard when your dh is unable to help. My dh got really sick when his dad died. Made me realize again how much he helps with the house and our son. Hopefully it will be temporary and they can figure out his condition.

Terri-Happy Birthday to your boys! Sounds like they have had a great time and more fun on the way! They actually sleep in? I keep asking my son if he thinks he will sleep in when he is a teenager (lol). Enjoy your hair appointment.

Linda-I've missed you. Glad to see your post. Sorry to hear you are not feeling okay.

Anne Therese-I so feel your exhaustion. It is an awful thing to have. I'm glad you had a good time though. Thanks for your prayers and nice thoughts for my family.

Ellen-Dang, Harry just doesn't give you a break. With your illness you are doing a lot!!! I'm glad you are going to keep track. I'm sure you will be very impressed with all you accomplish. Hugs to you.

To do:
    clean paperwork off floor and dresser in bedroom and vacuum
    one small load of laundry (even though I have tons to do)
    brush out Skeeter-wow is he shedding
    phone calls-have to call educational advocate and am procrastinating
    3-5 in-home therapy for my son

Molly, who wonders just how much of this stuff I will really get done?

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I caught a break - my niece canceled our plans on Friday and then my sister canceled our plans for today so I've been able to get some rest. I had a good rest on Friday and a wonderful sleep-in today and I feel all the better for it.

I went to look at a used scooter yesterday. I took it for a test-drive. It was great and only $1000.00. My father-in-law is doing some research on it's warranty, history of repairs, availability of parts etc. and he'll let me know today or tomorrow if it's a good deal. I hope so! We also looked at garden sheds because I'll need somewhere to keep the scooter - we don't have a garage or a ramp leading to the house. I'm very excited!

Thanks for getting us started this week Nancy. You have a busy week ahead of you. I'm glad you've scheduled some me-time (you-time?), there's nothing better than a facial to relax and feel pampered. You'll get through your list, one detail at a time. Don't be afraid to let go of some of the household chores or rely on your housekeeper more than usual.

Sleeping out in the camper sounds like great fun for the little boys and their friends. My siblings and I used to have much fun sleeping out in the back yard in a tent. Fond memories. I hope you enjoy getting your hair done and that the finished result is fabulous. I'm sure it will be great to have a sprinkler system installed. A lot of work but well worth the effort.

Ellen, thanks for the advice re: the hair salon sinks. I will surely ask the hairdresser to use a towel next time. I'm glad your work-pace is a bit more reasonable this week.

Molly, I relate to shedding pets, this is the time of year when I just want to vacuum them from head to toe. I don't have a dog but my cat and especially my bunny make up for it. My friend actually takes her cat to the groomer and has him shaved this time of year. All but his face - he looks so funny. Surprisingly, the cat seems to love it. strange.

I'm not going to make a to-do list today because my focus is rest.

God bless,
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Yes, my facial was wonderful yesterday and oh how I needed that. I also managed to go pick up our supps at the store and stop in at the pass port place. But they've changed the rules, so I have to do the work online, and take it back. Hope I can get that done soon.

Anne Theresa, I'm glad you're getting a chance to rest and relax. On a side note, we bought a 'furminator' for our cat. Most expensive cat comb ever, but wow it really works. Not sure how, but it pulls all the underside hair out. My cat lost about 2 pounds this weekend. Also, you have to have the vacuum near while you do this. If you google it, you can watch a video of someone using it.

Terri, hope your highlights went well. I bought a kit yesterday to do myself since my hair is so short, it's not worth having it done at the salon. Hopefully I'll get around to doing that soon too.

Molly, I hope your DH feels better soon. It's so hard losing that support system and then worrying about them on top of that.

Ellen, good for you bringing up the extra work you do around the house. I don't blame you at all for keeping track of it for awhile. We just got done having a discussion about that very thing this morning. I need help from him but mostly in a supportive way.

At least last night when he got home from work he looked more human and not just completely worn out. I'm hoping his extra iron supps will begin to help him too.

Today I need to go to base, mail a package, have Katy check her mail for that very important prescription. If it's here, we'll go to TriCare for the paperwork, etc.......so much to do. I just need to take it a step at a time.

We have an appt for Samson's surgery, yeah!!! April 7th, I can't wait.

Hugs all,

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I knew all of you would be understanding about doing housework since all of you do a lot of it, too. Actually, I don't think I'm going to put in 25 hours of housework in a week-that is a lot, but it will be a lot of hours. So far for Sunday and Monday, I have put in a little over five hours. But I'm not including things like taking care of the cats and feeding the birds, since Harry will just say those are my hobbies. I'm not trying to start another fight here, just curious about how many hours I do put in.

I am going to get my hearing aid on May 1st! Their office left a message on my machine yesterday so I called back to schedule an appt. I wish it was sooner, but I will have to be patient. I know I still have some healing to do in the meantime. It's just going to be so exciting to be able to hear again after years of not being able to. And Harry has been so good about repeating things to me. I am constantly asking him to repeat.

I am taking Friday off as a vacation day. Jim and I are getting together and going to Hidden Lake Gardens. Most of the gardens are outdoors, but some plants are indoors. Right now they are having a spring flower show until the end of the month. I'm going to take my camera. Then we will go out to lunch. I haven't seen him in almost two weeks, which is awhile.

Nancy: I'm glad you enjoyed your fascial. I've never had one, but it does sound relaxing. I'm glad your husband is looking a little better. Hopefully it is the iron that is helping. I hope that Katy's medication comes soon and that you can get a new doctor soon. The one she has now doesn't sound very organized.

Molly: Thanks for the encouraging words about my housework problems. I've given up getting him to help. You mentioned that your dog is shedding a lot. I have a white cat that is starting to shed like crazy. I bought something that really gets the fur out and it didn't cost a lot. It looks kind of like a magnifying glass (without the glass) except that the part that would go around the glass is metal and it has a serrated edge on the one side. It really gets the fur out. Fortunately, Albert doesn't mind being brushed, except that I wish he would stand still while I am doing it! He keeps walking back and forth in front of me! Albert is a short-haired cat. I hate to think how much he would shed if he was a long-haired cat!

Anne Theresa: Congratulations for looking into a scooter! I hope this one works out. I think we paid around $1,000.00 for the one I have and I just love it. It makes going places much easier. Except now we really need a vehicle to accommodate it so I can take it places by myself. Harry is thinking something like a minivan and then we have to get a hoist to put it in the van. But they come apart, too, so you can put them in your trunk. The shed is a good idea since you don't have a garage. Going shopping will be much easier with a scooter.

To-do list:

-vacuum hard floors
    -mop kitchen floor
    -macaroni and cheese for dinner
    -pool therapy class
    -brush out Albert

That's it for now-take care, everyone!

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen, that's great news about your hearing aid. I hope you and Jim have a nice day on Friday too.

Although I was really tired yesterday, Katy and I managed to go on base, get gas, mail boxes, check her mail for the prescription (wasn't there) stopped at TriCare and the ladies there were so nice. They've also put in a call now to Katy's doc and have asked her to fax the prescription to them. I don't have enough meds to start her pill pack on Saturday so I hope something good happens soon.

We also both made doc appts, hers is on Monday so maybe that will help and we can get a doc to prescribe her psych meds on base again.

Today I rest....and hopefully relax too. I still need to stop by the puppy training place next to base, finish my passport paperwork online and get my meds.

Hugs all,

9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I've been dragging more lately. I know it's because I'm not sleeping as well at night. I've been having more aches and pains, especially in my arms. I think I overdid it last week between home and working extra hours last week. I never should have worked eight hours on Thursday without a break. It was just so busy. I think I am still feeling the effects. I am tempted to leave work early today. It took me so long to get to sleep last night with the pain and having a headache. Sorry I feel like complaining today, but it doesn't do any good to talk to Harry. He doesn't understand and there's nothing he can do. There's nothing you can do, either, but at least you understand.

If I do leave early, I still need to stop at the grocery store first before I go home. Always something to do! I just wonder how you people with FMS handle having children. That would be really hard. I try to find the silver lining in every cloud.

Nancy, it's sure been a struggle for you to get Katy's medication. It reminds me of Harry's doctor's office. They are really bad about calling in prescriptions. And since Harry works such long hours, it always falls on me to deal with it. So I understand the frustration.

To-do list:

-call Jim's group home and make arrangements for bus transporation on Friday
    -vacuum carpeting upstairs
    -make ice cubes
    -pizza for dinner
    -pick up a birthday card for my great-uncle

10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Ellen- you take care of yourself! Enjoy your weekend.....

Nancy- my highlights turned out nice. They are pretty muted this time, but it looks natural and less gray, so I like it fine. I didn't get my usual beautician this time, so I'm lucky it turned out.

Anne Theresa and Linda- I hope you get more energy soon. AT: (Has anyone ever called you that?) how is the weight loss going? My hubby is getting serious again about losing, and he's lost 3 pounds in the first week back. I've plateaued on weight loss, so I need to get serious too!

Molly- I meant to tell you how sorry I was to hear of your FIL's passing. How is your son handling it? You must have been close to your FIL.....take care and have a good weekend.

To do:
    We are putting in a sprinkler system, so I've been making lunches and running errands.
    Today I have to clean house!
    Have a good weekend-
    Hugs from Terri