What's on your To Do List? March 7 - 13

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Mar 8, 2011.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

Happy belated birthday, Terri! I hope your cold symptoms ease up. It's a shame you were sick on your birthday - that's no fun. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon and will be able to celebrate. I smile whenever I think of your son in Singing in the Rain. It's such an awesome musical.

Ellen, thanks for posting and bringing us up-to-date with you. I know anesthesia can really make a person tired for several weeks after surgery. Even the mild sedation I had for my carpal tunnel surgery zonked me out for a week or more. It can also lessen the pain of fibromyalgia for a time (that was my experience and I've read posts from others who have had that same experience) so I hope you experience this wonderful side-effect as well :)

All is well with me. I've been taking it slow and easy, staying indoors where it's warm. I have to go out for a bit today (to the pharmacy and for a coffee date with a friend) but beyond that I plan to stay indoors as much as possible this week.

My sister discovered a grocery delivery service which will do us well during the winter. We don't have a car and we both have mobility issues and so getting to and from the grocery store and lugging our groceries into the apartment in the cold weather is miserable so the on-line grocery shopping and delivery service is a real life saver.

To-Do List

Dress & make-up
    go to pharmacy
    meet friend for coffee
    order groceries
    water plants
    update budget

I look forward to hearing from you.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I didn't know it was the anesthesia that makes you so tired and I also didn't know that it could reduce pain levels. Unfortunately, it hasn't helped my pain any. Yesterday evening my pain was worse so I had to lay down with a warm heat pad. I have one that you can either put in the freezer or the microwave. I used to like ice packs more, but the past couple of months heat feels better to me. It could have something to do with the winter weather.

All of my tests from the surgery came back okay. The gynecologist just told me to keep track of my periods to see if they go back to normal or not. I had just finished up a period before my D & C surgery so hopefully I won't have another one again until I am supposed to. The past couple of months I was having two periods a month and boy were they heavy!

Tomorrow I will do my volunteer work at the library. I normally work on Tuesdays, but I had my doctor's appt. at the gynecologist. With my surgery last week, it's been some time since I've been there, so it will be nice to get back there again.

For some reason (maybe weather related) my Internet connection tonight is poor, so I will submit this message to make sure I still have a connection and then continue on with my message just in case I've lost connection.

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi Again:

I'm glad to see my message went through. I just didn't want to type out a long message and then not be connected to the Internet. That has happened before.

Yesterday I saw a woman divorce lawyer that someone recommended. I'm not ready to get divorced at this point and not even sure if this is the route I will be taking (this is all up to my husban's behavior and whether he is willing to work on the abuse). He has stopped calling me names, but there is more to abuse than that and that hasn't stopped. I has some questions to ask, including questions about alimony.

I had lunch with a friend several weeks ago and she brought up me getting alimony, especially since I can't work and would only be living on disability. I hadn't thought of that. This lawyer thought it would be a good idea for me to ask my disability lawyer if my disability hearing could possibly be moved ahead a little due to my situation.

Of course I realize there are lots of people out there applying for disability and we all have to wait our turn, but I am living with an abusive man who had threatened to hit me. I don't know how serious he was, but it's not an easy situation to live with. The one thing that does help me is that his job takes him away from home a lot. When I saw the lawyer in October, he told me to expect to wait 1 1/2 to two years before the hearing and then you have to wait several months after the hearing for the judge's decision. And I am not even allowing myself to think that he will deny me.

Our money is getting really tight and it won't be long before we have to start using our retirement money to pay the bills. I have suggested ways to cut back to my husband to save money, but I don't get anywhere.

I keep praying and reminding myself to take this one day at a time. Yesterday I saw a robin and there are two crocus blooming in my garden! Spring is coming!

Anne Theresa: Have you ever had a car or has it just been since you have lived with your sister? Where I live I really need a car as the stores are too far away to walk to and we don't have much in the way of bus service. That's good you found a grocery service to help you and your sister out!

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I bought myself a new mop today, kind of like one of those swiffers but this has an empty bottle attached and I can use my own cleaning solution.

I want to take everything off the bathroom counters, and wipe it all down, along the cupboards and mop the floor. The bath tub should be cleaned out too, but I know I can't do that.

Next I want to work on the kitchen.....