What's on your "To Do" List May 19 to May 25?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, May 19, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

I woke up achy and in pain today so I'm not doing much at all, not that I can.....

My hubby's home from his trip safe and sound but the poor guy's pretty tired.

Hope we can all have a wonderful week this week!

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks for starting the thread, Nancy. I was surprised to see it this morning because it's a long-weekend in Canada and I'm still in weekend mode.

I finished my daily chores - pick-up & tidy, made the bed etc. - and now sweetie and his dad are working on the washroom. I think they're wainscoting the walls today, then they'll tile the floors, paint the linen cabinet, then (drum roll please) install the new sink/vanity. Also, there are many small things to do like install a new light fixture, towel rack, toilet paper holder etc.

To do

water plants
    tidy laundry room
    empty waste baskets & garbages
    go for a walk
    maybe go to a movie this eve.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I have a drum roll too---our new baby granddaughter arrived last night! Her name is Elise Ann and she came via C section and weighs 7 lb. 2 oz....a nice weight, I think. She is doing well and so is Mom (our daughter). I can hardly wait until June 6, when we get to go up to AK for a visit! I've got some baby dresses packed and I'm ready! Just wish I could get there sooner to help, as I know how you feel after a C section.. All mine were born that way.

Anne Theresa- Sounds like you'll have a beautiful new bathroom when they are finished! You will enjoy that a lot.

Nancy- Hope you are feeling better.......how's the leg?

I hope to hear from all you others soon.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Terri, what wonderful, blessed news you have!!! Congratulations to your entire family on the new addition.

I too, had C-sections for both of my kids (both were actually nightmare C-Sections) so I do know what you mean about wishing you could be there sooner.

Anne Theresa, your bathroom sounds like it's going to be beautiful when it's done. You must be anxious to have all the mess cleaned up and your house back.

My leg is still very painful and there's not much I can do about it. Must admit, I'm bored silly being stuck here with nothing to do. It's funny, I loved my life and my days sewing and playing online poker until I was forced into them.

Not having the option to get up and do anything else is hard for me. I didn't get out often, but it was always something to look forward to.

Hugs all,

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Congratulations Terri - what wonderful news! Elise Ann is such a pretty name. I expect June 6th can't come soon enough for you! I'm happy to hear mom & daughter are doing well and I thank you for passing on such happy news.

Nancy I know what you mean about there being a difference between *choosing* to spend time indoors and having no other option but to do so. I get stung with that particular paradox quite frequently.

My arthritis (neck) has flared badly and so I slept with ice last night and I'm wearing a neck brace today. I have a 90-minute massage scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully that will help.

Beyond my daily chores, there doesn't seem much point in doing housework today. Given the dust and clutter of the renovation (how can renovating one tiny room effect the entire house like this?) I'd be better off focusing elsewhere, reading a book or watching a movie.

This eve. is my night out. Rather than going to the mall and/or the dollarstore as we usually do, my friend and I are going to the library for a viewing of "Fibromyalgia, a Journey of Hope". I'm looking forward and in the meantime, I'll read, watch TV, ice my neck etc.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm back from the bowels of Demerol.... I was supposed to get my stitches out yesterday but apparently I have an infection so antibiotics and another week of the stiches in. It's been hard on Bob this week doing all the kiddie driving plus taking me to two appointments. He has a huge case document that has to be filed by tomorrow and has been squeezing in work all around our schedules. My kids go to Dad tonight for two days, which will bring him a little relief. I'm going to try to set up some carpools next week, and we have 2 out of 3 IEPs next week, so I must spend a lot of time gearing up for those.

Nancy, I can really empathize with feeling housebound. I hadn't left the house in a week before going to the doctor yesterday, and the enforced inactivity seemed so unfair. Are there any exercises or treatment for your quadricep? I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Sending smiles your way, sweetie........

Terri, congrats, congrats!! Beautiful name, beautiful granddaughter, I expect. Funny how it seems we all delivered our children via C section--I wonder if it has anything at all to do with our illnesses? I can imagine your desire to get up there sooner, but you WILL be there in a few weeks when presumably everyone else around will have already helped out, which makes your timing just perfect. Pack some huggles and a sweet kiss from me for this newest bundle of joy. Funny how a new baby brings joy to so many more than just the immediate family.

Anne Theresa, isn't amazing how the makeover of room can desimate a whole house? I went through it last summer when we added a room downstairs. Dust managed to get ALL OVER the house; and like you, I about gave up trying. I did bring in my cleaning crew when all was finally finished to give the house a "top to bottom" cleaning, dusting etc because I could have never gotten it done myself. Try to focus on how beautiful it will be when it's all done (I was told the same thing and thought it was bull). Colors, please, to help quench my vicarious living through others redecorating... ha ha

My to do is really trying to figure out what didn't get done in the last week and prioritize them. Nancy, remember to remind me to pay those pesky bills again! I know I have to refill pill cases today, make up grocery shopping lists and prepare dinner for me and Bob. This alone will probably fill my day.

Everyone be well and smiles to Elise Ann!

7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I haven't been on in a while. Our computer downstairs needs to be replaced. Last week I wrote out a long post to you all and it wouldn't go through. i lost it. I thought i would post tonight since I need to vent and since I may not have computer access in the a.m.

Tonight was kindergarten open house. I came home had two glasses of wine and have been crying ever since. I called my friend that is very wise with this autism stuff since she has four kids, two autistic. She helped me a lot so I only need to do a small vent (lol).

First there is a mom that I had an incident with about 1-2 months ago? I had finished volunteering in the class in the morning and came out for recess and was speaking to my son's aide. We were discussing how to help my little guy with some things. This mom comes over and says to my aide Liam (my son) is throwing sand everywhere. So aide goes over to help my son. I look at the lady and say with a big smile on my face and a little loudly "HI I'M LIAM'S MOM!!!!!" She just kinda mutter oh and how it was so great they have someone to help those boys.

So tonight in the classroom (i don't see her very often because my son goes in the am and hers is later. Anyways she looks at me several times tonight. I felt uncomfortable. Like why do you keep looking at me????? And will you please stop!!!!!! Then my son was so excited to go to school at night he was overstimulated to begin with. After we did the indoor stuff they went out on the playground. I was watching him and helping him but also talking with parents. Anyways this little girl comes over to me and says "Liam bit me" and I said "OH NO where and she showed me a couple of lttle marks on each of her hands. So I pull over my son and ask him about it and have him apologize. I apologize and her mom walks over. i told the mom and apologized again. We took our son home. As we were leaving I told my friend (who has the only other child with autism) about the bite. Then noticed this other mom listening. Well this other mom has never been very friendly to me. Out kids had been in gymnastics at age 2. Her daughter at two went through each of the obstacle course exactly as they were supposed to and was compliant etc etc. My son was jumping in the ball pit on little ones as I tried desparatly to get him to do the obstacle course and please don't hurt any little ones. MY son is very tall for his age. So great she overhears that my son bit some girl. I honestly have had it. I tried to talk to my aspie husband about it and he refused to look or talk to me because the Padres had bases loaded WTF? So he is in the doghouse.

My to do list for the week is:

Prepare for the very important meeing at the Regional Center on Friday. I bring my son in their and state my case that he is severe enough for them to help us with some behavioral services and hey respite would be nice too.

Nancy-I'm so sorry your leg is still so painful. Hope you can get out and at least sit in the sunshine.

Terri-Congratulations on your new grand daughter. She sounds precious.

Anne Theresa-Sorry to hear about your neck. Did the ice help? GL during the renovation.

Lenore-2 IEPS in the same week. Sending hugs your way! Sorry your leg got infected and now you have to be on anti-biotics. I hope you can send some of your strength my way.

Hugs to all hope I didn't miss anyone.

Molly aka sorekitty
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Not much going on as usual today although I do have a doctor's appt later today. I'm pretty tired so I can already see myself going back to bed after my pills and breakfast this morning.

Anne Theresa, sorry you're in pain again. How did the viewing go at the Library?

Lenore, I don't know of any exercise or treatment for this injury but everything I've read online only mentions surgery for it. We'll have to wait and see what the doc says today.

I do need to do some work in the checkbook today, thanks for reminding me! It's payday again...

And sorry that you'll be spending another week with the stitches in, hope it gets better soon. Can I ask...how are you managing to cook dinner?

Hoping to hear from all of our missing ladies this week. How are you all doing?

9. MST13

MST13 New Member

Major Spring housecleaning. Company may drop in for the holiday and I want to be prepared.

Right now my house looks so ransacked that if a burgler broke in, he'd leave, thinking someone beat him to the 'goodies"
  10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Yesterday's massage helped quite a bit with my neck so today its much improved. After the massage, I went to the garden centre (in the same mall as the massage therapy) and bought a few perennials (one hydragenea, I forget the names of the other two). Sweetie put them in this morning, before he went to work. I hope they grow strong & beautiful.

This afternoon, I have a manicure scheduled (massage yesterday, manicure today - such luxury) then afterward I'm going to pick up a few ingredients for tonight's dinner. I'll probably come home to read and rest a bit before I cook.

A few things to do before I go or when I get back:

vacuum hallway
    make bed
    dust bedroom
    swiffer floors
    water plants

Hello MST. I can relate to a house looking like it's been ransacked. Mine looks the same way, at the present. I wish you the best with your spring clean. Be sure to build in lots of rest breaks for yourself and be careful not to overdo.

Nancy, I hope you get the rest you need and that your doctor's appointment is helpful. I can only imagine how tired you are of this injury & ongoing pain. I hope you see a change for the better before too long.

Molly, I"m sorry you're up against such rude and ignorant people. Some folks have absolutely no compassion and cannot see past their own nose. I'm glad you have a friend who is well-versed with autism and the many issues related. That kind of peer-understanding is important.

Lenore, I'm sorry you have an infection and I hope it's short-lived so you can have your stitches out soon. As for the colours for my washroom: I'm working around a lovely rose-coloured shower curtain. I expect I'll use off-white paint for the wainscoting and walls. The vanity & mirror are rose-wood with black trim and I'm hoping to paint my existing linen cabinet to match.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi Ladies,

I am so out of it that I typed "Friday" in the header! I am losing days faster than I wish I was losing pounds! GRIN I am having some minor stuff done in the house today and it seems they are all coming at the same time this afternoon. My little one, Noah, has his school play tonight at 7 pm. I just realized that his last baseball game is next week, and I'm the one who is supposed to plan it all. Talk about being behind the eight ball! Ah well, I'm fairly calm about it all, and plan on keeping it that way.

Molly, I KNOW how hard this stuff is, especially in Kindergarten. Josh did everything you described, plus more, I had been reviled at Gymboree and anywhere I went with him. I cried a lot, got mad a lot and when he was finally dxed in the Spring, got information a lot. I was very lucky that his first grade teacher had a child with Prader Willy (where they literally eat themselves to death by 16) and she made the class very "Josh friendly". She taught the kids tolerance and understanding, even at that young an age, and helped me as a Mom to be the best "good enough" mom to my son. She is the only person I cannot talk about without crying amongst all the people who helped Josh along the way. So, now that you've been mad a lot, and sad a lot, it's time to get information a lot on how to sensitize his teacher next year and by extension the students. There is even a book on our boys written just for teachers, just for paraprofessionals, and a bunch for us people to teach tolerance in the classroom. I have a friend who goes into class the second week of every year and has developed a fun lecture on differences and tolerance for each age as her son went through elementary school. Right now you can't control the biting, the sand throwing, etc and it has to be driving you crazy. Josh did the EXACT same stuff and it drove me to distraction. Here's the good news--- they all DO grow out of it. If you don't yet know about ADD Warehouse, check them out. They have lots of books on Autism, teaching kids, etc. Honey I'm here for emotional support too, but being experienced in this stuff, sometimes I feel more like an information junkie than a supporter. I don't mean it that way; really, my way of support seems to be the "let's get a handle on this and work to help it". Gee, I could have been a man in this regard!!

Now Regional Center. Bring ANY documentation you have regarding your son's behaviors (letters from teachers, aides, therapists, etc), any psycological testing that has already been done (some of which I know comes from your first IEP), a letter from the school psych would be nice, chart notes from the dxing doctor, the IEP itself (that gives the designation and shows the services Liam is already getting) and anything else that supports your contention that Liam has Autism. If you are reading this past tomorrow, DON'T PANIC; collect these materials and send them to Regional Center as quickly as you get them. They may do a mini psych eval, then call you back for a full psych eval. That's common and means nothing like they didn't believe you the first time. Some other things you can tell them that are red flags to them are potty trained after 4 years or still not; constant eye or hand movements; excessive spilling; not properly using utensils for eating; tantrums when changing activities; oh gee; you get the picture. I'm sorry I was in Demerol zombie land last week or I would have told you sooner. Don't despair Molly, you have some supportive friends and me the info junkie to help you along. If you have any questions about the intake process, start a new threat called RC intake process and I'll respond. You may be very surprised to have a lot of other people respond. I couldn't believe how many people on these boards have children like ours. Hmm, a connection? Time will tell...........

Nancy, tell us how your appt goes. If the only answer is surgery (and I think that's what you'll be told), I'll hold your hand all the way, having just gone through it myself. Yes, the recovery time is longer for us with these DDs, but we'll all help you through it. Come to California for your recuperation and I'll tend your every need (BIG SMILE). You can ask me anything, even how I manage dinner. Last night, I honestly didn't so we ordered in. I can bear some weight on the knee, so tonight I will use the wheelchair to take the chicken out of the fridge, get a pyrex oven plate, collect my canned tomatoes from the pantry, and head to the sink (I have a big island in the middle of my kitchen that will allow me to put everything on it, then wheel around and put them together. Then I'll stand up to grab some basil and oregano, rinse and cut up the chicken, mix in the canned Italian tomatoes, basil and oregano, oops; forgot the frozen onions and peppers so I'll wheel myself over to the freezer and back, put the peppers and onions on top, then put the dish in the oven for an hour at 350 and viola, chicken cattatore! Bob will make the rice and steam a vegetable or two. It may sound like a lot; but it honestly isn't; when I'm too tired to stand even before this last surgery, I often use the wheelchair to get around the kitchen. Then I have enough energy to put it all together while standing.

Hiya MST! I laughed out loud about what you said about burglars. I can only ditto Anne Theresa's advice. Pace, pace pace and also let anyone else around pitch in too. I hope you enjoy your company this weekend!

Anne Theresa, I love the ideas you have for your washroom, and rose is SUCH a pretty color for those rooms. Painting the linen cabinet to match the vanity and mirror is a stupendous idea! The luxuries you mentioned are sometimes necessities to our sanity. I'm glad the massage helped and enjoy your pretty new manicure!

I must be a little run down still as I find my arms hurt from typing and I feel the pain from the *%&$#* stitches again. I'll have to shorten my to do list:

go through accumulated mail
    record my latest banking transactions
    pay bills (yeah, right; keep dreaming)
    call Noah's school for evals to see befored the IEP
    write two memos
    go see Noah's fifth grade play on the Constitution!

Enjoy the day, girls,

12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Yesterday's doc appt went both well and not...I have a feeling my doc isn't the brightest bulb because once again, he confirmed that my injury is bad, torn quadracep and yes, I should now see an Orthopedic doc.

I can't make the appt until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend though.

I was given a very nice compression knee brace by his nurse and that helped with the pain a bit yesterday. He confirmed that I should be using the crutches all the time, although at last appt he told me to start walking on the leg.

Hubby took the day off today so we have a 4 day weekend together and I'm so happy about that. I won't be lonely and bored with him here with me.

Molly, I'm so sorry you're not finding the support you need from the other Moms but I don't think that's too unusual. I think there will always be some Mother's willing to point a finger in someone else's direction, perhaps even to alleviate their own feelings of inadequacy.

Lenore, thank you for taking the time to explain how you prepare dinner. The barstool hubby bought will come in handy when it's time for me to start standing up again and I know I can use it when I can cook at some point in the future. It's just too painful now to be on my feet for any length of time.

Anne Theresa, I'm glad your massage helped your pain...

Hugs all,

13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi girls,

We have a lot to do today, since tomorrow we're having a yard sale.
    I hope and pray it's not windy! We've been having a lot of wind, and yard sales are not fun when everything you have is blowing away!

I'm also making tomato soup today.....anyone like soup?

Not a big news day here (as you can tell!)
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I decided I had better get over to the library today so you wouldn't wonder what happened to me!

It's been a busy week-I wonder how I ever found time to work! I've had a couple of doctor appts., got together with Jim a couple of times, been planting flowers, done the usual cleaning house and other chores. Harry went to his orientation on his job and started his new job yesterday. So far, so good.

I started the process of getting a crown on the tooth that I had the root canal on. I have a temporary crown on right now. I had no idea how much they cost-I was guessing $500.00. Can you believe they are $1,000.00? Fortunately, my insurance will pick up around $400 or $500 or the cost. Thank goodness Harry is working again.

My other appt. was the eye doctor. He is determined to figure out my blurry vision problem at last. He has ordered a new contact lens for my left eye, which he says will only cost me $29.00 and can be returned if it isn't right.

Harry's new job is going fine so far. He is driving a semi for a company in Defiance, Ohio that delivers car parts. It's a large company that has 160 drivers. Now hopefully the car parts will go okay and he won't lose his job due to lack of work. He won't have to commute either since he has the semi and has found a place to store it when he isn't driving.

I've been busy working in the yard and still have more flowers to plant. I wish I could put pictures of my yard on here. This weekend I will put the vegetable garden in with Harry's help.

Terri: Congratulations on the new granddaughter! What a pretty name! I am sure you are anxious to see here and anxious to help your daughter.

Nancy: I'm so sorry your leg is more injured than originally thought. I can't understand why your doctor didn't see this before. At least your husband will be around for the next several days to help.

Anne Theresa: So how was the film on fibromyalgia? I'm sorry you are having more problems with your neck. My neck has always been my worst area. It hurst all the time-some days more than others.

Molly: I'm so sorry the other mothers treated you this way. A lack of understanding and compassion is definitely the problem. My parents had this problem, too, with my brother who is mentally ill. They were shunned by some of their "friends" who no longer wanted to see them after my brother's diagnosis. There is a lot of stigma with mental problems I'm sorry to say.

To-do list for today:

-plant rest of flowers
    -clean cupboard in corner of livingroom
    -do a load of laundry

List for weekend:

-put rest of furniture on porch
    -put in vegetable garden
    -wash off bird "poop" off of porch screens
    -celebrate our wedding anniversary on Saturday (our anniversay was actually on Thursday-we've been married nine
    years on May 22nd!)

Talk to you all soon! Have a good weekend!

15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I ran out of time on this computer (the library only gives you 30 minutes before you have to reboot), when I realized I didn't say "hi" to you!

I'm so sorry you have an infection. Just something more to deal with! You take care and I hope the infection clears up soon.

P.S. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone else!
  16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, you're such a trooper; getting yourself to the library in order to stay in touch with us. It's much appreciated - I'd hate to go all summer without a word from you.

I'm glad you've had a few visits with Jim and since you didn't say otherwise, I trust he's okay and your relationship with him is back on solid ground. I hope this is the case.

$1000 for a crown, my goodness! Sweetie was recently told he needed gum surgery. This isn't covered by insurance and will cost us approx. eight grand - unbelievable. He is early in the process, needs to get 2nd opinions & estimates but we'll likely take out a small loan as our savings are not sufficient.

Sorry I didn't follow-up on the fibromyalgia film. The truth is we didn't make it. My friend was late picking me up and, since we didn't want to arrive late & be disruptive to the viewers, we went to the dollar store and the vintage clothes store instead :) As usual, a nice time.

I wish you all the best with your yard sale, Terri, and I hope the weather co-operates. I love soup but not tomatoe soup, I'm afraid.

Hi Nancy, I'm glad you have the knee brace and a bit of relief because of it. Your doctor does seem a little aimless but at least you're moving in the right direction in setting up an appointment with a orthopedic doctor. Enjoy your long weekend and the time spent with your husband!

Lenore, you sound like you're getting some things done in spite of just having had surgery. I have an idea that you don't stay down for very long. That's a good attribute to have - particularly since with FMS it's necessary to transcend so much pain & illness on a regular, daily basis - but you do need to be careful not to over-do (my favourite refrain: pace pace pace). I hope you enjoy your son's play this evening.

To-Do Today

make bed
    empty wastebaskets
    dust, office/bedroom
    make dinner -
    go for a walk
    shower & shampoo

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Just wanted to pop in to say that I had a wonderful day yesterday.

My hubby took me to the PX to shop for a few things and although the motorized cart wasn't available, we used a wheelchair and it worked out fine. (Although hubby did drive me into a few clothing displays)

I got my haircut which was a boost too and one less thing to whine over not being able to do.

Our plans were to go out to lunch somewhere today but we woke up and it's rainy again so that may have to be put on hold.

I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday weekend!

18. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm playing for church this morning and got to choose the hymns, so I'm looking forward to that.

Our yard sale yesterday went pretty well....we had perfect weather for it. Being outside all day really made me tired last night, so I slept well and my poor hubby hacked and coughed. I think he's going to try to get to the doctor soon.

Nancy- so glad you had a nice day out with hubby yesterday. So he almost ran you into a display? We've had similar fun with the motorized carts as well. They beep when you go in reverse!

Have a good Memorial Day, everyone!