What's on your TO DO list Nov 15--Nov 21

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Nov 15, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I had an amazing weekend. Saturday my BFF and I had a spa-day. We had each purchased a much-reduce coupon for the following service: full-body exfolliating, mud-wrap, massage & facial. It was magical. The next day, we - and another good friend - went to a near-by small town to browse the boutiques & have a nice lunch. It was just perfect!

I'm tired today but the pain is managable.

All I have on my agenda today is a manicure, so I won't even make a to-do list.

I look forward to hearing from others. Newcomers welcome!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hello Anne Theresa and all others to follow:

I had my appt. at the LLMD on the 5th and have been busy with all of the "homework" they have given me (lol). I am taking two oral anti-biotics in the hopes that it will chase the lyme bacteria out and into the blood system so i can be re-tested through Igenex. They are hoping for a clearer picture. I also had to order an herb, supplements and a strong probiotic. I still have to find a neti pot that they recommended. Then I have to get my pcp to order these other tests including Bartenella and Erlichia in order to go through insurance so i am trying to coordinate that.

I am supposed to detox by drinking water with lemon, ginger tea and epsom salt baths. Supposed to start a good diet with protein throughout the day.

I am really tired and it is so frustrating having lists of things to do and things I really want done and I can't. I know you all understand.

My son is doing well and things are in a calm period for him which has allowed me to focus on my health. If I could even get 70% better when all is said and done I would be so happy.

So my blood test will be early next week.

Anne Theresa your weekend sounds incredible. I am so glad you were able to do such a nice thing for yourself.

To do:
    I haven't had a hair cut in 6 months! So I want to make an appointment
    Make appointment for my dog at the groomers (he stinks and I just don't have the energy!)
    Talk to PT about insurance and being able to continue my son's therapy

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

Hi Molly,
    I hope all that 'homework' pays off for you. I've never heard of ginger tea - I bet it would taste very soothing. I COMPLETELY understand your not writing a to-do list today. Sometimes it's better just to take things as they come.

I'm glad Liam is doing well these days, God bless him.

To-Do Today

mail letter
    dollar store shopping
    empty dishwasher
    clean counters & sink
    water plants
    weigh-in w/ friend
    shopping w/friend (son's Christmas gift)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I use a piece or 2 of crystallized ginger in either regular or decaffinated tea. Sometimes this type of ginger can be found in the Ethic part of the grocery store or in the Natural food aisle.

I also use crysllz ginger to cook with--chicken soup, add to rice, or Chinses food.

My list

figure out what we're doing for Turkey Day
    go grocery shopping
    get a frame for birthday pictures for my aunt
    work on my beaded ornaments--I still need over 100 made for gifts this year
    shop & mail a birthday gift for a friend

I'm sure there are other things to add to this list, but this is enough for now.
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I've had a busy weekend, thus far.

Friday morning/afternoon, I went to a Christmas Season's sale that featured all manner of holiday crafts and gift-ware. I bought a few nice things. After that I met my sister and a friend for dinner and then we all went to see Harry Potter. Then, today, my friend and I went to a wreath-making workshop and I made a nice wreath. That's a lot of activity packed into a couple of days. I'm amazed at my stamina!

The rest of my weekend will be focused on rest, housework, grocery shopping, and spending time with my bunny. Harriet is shedding her fur (in preparation for her winter coat). She likes to be brushed, so I've been brushing her, but I can't do it for very long because her hair flies up into my eyes and my mouth. Hopefully, this shedding-thing won't take too long and she'll be easy-to-cuddle again soon.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,

Should I call it the 'to don't' list?

Sorry to have missed so much time on here, Anne Theresa your spa day sounds wonderful, oh how I miss my facials!

Molly, hope you feel better soon and I really hope you get a haircut too!! Hubby took me to get one done a few weeks ago. (I think that was the last time that I was out of the house!

As you know I've really gone downhill since about Sept...but I do manage to be upright most days now. I still can't drive, we have no idea exactly what's wrong with me except that they're looking for a tumor. Now my blood sugar not only dips so low but I've had some awful highs too, not sure which feels worse since my body is so messed up anyway.

I consider myself an upright invalid...hubby's stressed from so much work (and his new job doesn't allow him any free time at work like the old job he had)

I fill my days playing the Facebook games Farmville and Frontierville, and that helps me pass a lot of hours.

So sorry not to stop by more often, my vision gets blurry and I find most days I can be in the middle of something and just lose the ability to think clearly...sigh....

Hugs all,