What's on your TO DO list Nov 23--Nov 28

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Nov 23, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a good Monday.

After my active weekend, my energy has taken a nose dive. I managed to get out for groceries with my sister yesterday and I had a little visit with a friend who stopped by today, but beyond that, I've done nothing.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll feel better and do some things.

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Happy Thanksgiving to my American Friends!

I've been under the weather since Tuesday, with sheer exhaustion, leading to decreased activity leading to increased pain. I hope to break the cycle tomorrow by getting out for a massage therapy session. Then, with a bit of determination, I'll be able to keep my plans for Saturday, namely a Christmas shopping trip and lunch in a nearby town.

I had the techs in today to clean my carpet. It looks and smells clean. My sister had the day off from work (she works for an American company and so she had the day off) so she was able to help me re-arrange the furniture.

A nice clean apartment should go a way to help counteract the seasonal depression that has been creeping up on me. That, a regular dose of my S.A.D. light and a brisk walk as often as possible should keep the hounds at bay. I hope, if anyone who is reading this post, also experiences depression or seasonal affective disorder, you're able to take successful measures to turn the depression around.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi all,
    Anne Theresa-Thanks for the nice wishes for Thanksgiving. I am real sorry to hear that you aren't well. I hope your massage was very good and helps.

I am experiencing depression too although it seems to stem from isolation. As a parent with a special needs child you are a bit of an outcast. My feelings came up in the waiting room of Liam's therapy office with two other parents. One of the mom's was distraught because her son is in general ed and the other parents were treating her badly. It brought up memories of when my son was at that *other school* and how the parents treated me and him!

Then at Thanksgiving I felt a little judged about my parenting. My SIL and BIL are judgemental and believe in spanking and they know I don't believe in spanking. No one mentions Asperger's and act as if it is the elephant in the room which makes me feel isolated. I have to stop feeling sorry for myself and get a grip. I need a tougher skin but I'm sensitive and can't help it.

To do:

wash my hair and take an epsom salt bath

make casserole

play with son! He is out of school for a week and keeps saying Mommy, play with me although we do a lot to keep him busy. Dh took him to an indoor play area with Wii fit games and rock climbing wall about an hour ago and I hope it tires him out.

Hugs to all and how was your Thanksgiving?
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Thanksgiving was a nice day spent with my husband and another couple. Like always we shared the cooking--I made homemade cranberry sauce, pumpkin pies, ham, and pecan pies.

My friend bbq a turkey--it was wonderful--this is a favorite for all of us. This friend also made potato salad, an early birthday cake for me, homemade bread & deviled eggs.

Together we made green bean casserole, fruit salad, stuffing, gravy and a roasted turkey in the oven too.

So we all have lots of left overs. Tomorrow I'm going to make turkey lentil soup with the bbq turkey carcass--this is something that gets better after the flavors blend for a few days--so dinner & lunches for a few days next week.

I think I did a good job in pacing myself with the cooking--I tried to keep up on the dishes too.

Today I went out and dropped off some bills and checked out a couple of new small stores.

This week I want to do:

vacuum throughout the house--one room a day

everyday make 20 beaded ornaments--I can do this and watch TV too.

Do a holiday letter and find the Christmas cards,

In between this list I must do my jobs too

Take care every one--Be sure to PACE!!

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Molly, it's good to hear from you, though I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with depression. It's too bad you feel judged and like an outcast among your peers and family - that dynamic must make you feel wicked uncomfortable, it's no wonder you feel tempted to isolate.

I hope you & Liam have a good week together and that your depression fades away. HUGS.

Bead lady, it sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving Day with your friends. How nice that you and your friend(s) were able to prepare such a lavish feast ! I have to admire your commitment to pacing yourself.

I'm a big believer in pacing and I live a better quality of life when I can maintain a healthy balance between work, rest & play.

This past week my main priority has been to rest and recuperate because I seem to be experiencing a flare-up. Hopefully, this flare will be short-lived because the pain is beyond my usual dose of morphine.

To-Do Today

Unpack Christmas Ornaments to decorate the apartment over the coming week
    Dress & Make-up
    Shopping & Lunch with Friend
    Cut up Fruit & Vegetables for Snacking
    Make Christmas Card List
    Contact friends/family to confirm holiday plans

God bless
    Anne Theresa