What's on your TO DO list Nov 29 - Dec 5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Nov 29, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

This week carries us into December - the last month of the year and, for those of us who celebrate Christmas, the busiest.

I'm happy to say I have 95% of my Christmas shopping finished. I'll be attending the first of my gift-exchange gatherings on Friday and so those gifts are sorted out and ready to wrap. The rest of the gift-wrapping will have to wait until after I get to the dollar store and replenish my Christmas bag and tissue supplies.

It's late Monday night so this to-do list is intended for tomorrow:

friend coming over for visit
    wrap gifts
    make shopping list
    cut melon
    dust furniture
    stationary bike/iPod

I look forward to reading posts from each of you. Newcomers always welcome!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I've accomplished most of my to-do list though, there are a few items I need to carry forward. Specifically, I need to finish wrapping gifts, dusting my furniture and exercising. In addition to these tasks, I'll add the following to-do items:

- make two phone calls
    - shop at pharmacy
    - shop at dollar store
    - shop for produce
    - develop 2011 household budget

I look forward to hearing from others,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi Anne Theresa!

I have thought of all of you so much! Been going through alot of changes, mostly family issues and actually have felt up to doing a little more.

How have YOU been? I've thought of you and what you have gone through. Are things settling down? I think I exited about the time you were moving.

Have you heard from the other's at all? My memory is really bad..who is it that lived in Germany and did many of these posts? Have you heard from her?

I've started a gluten free way of eating. I pray it kicks in and helps within the weeks ahead.

Sounds like you are staying busy and getting your lists done!

What I accomplished today.. Waking up early to take my mom for a three hour, plus, test. Hopefully to help with extreme dizziness she's having. Of course the test made all of her symptoms worse as the day went on. I stayed with her after I brought her home. I 'talked' with our grandson Sam, who is now 18 months old, when he grabbed the phone out of his mommy's hand. Honestly, that is about all. Came home and flopped in the chair.

I will be here more often. Looking forward to hearing from you Anne Theresa!

Hugs, Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2010]
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

{Kim}, it's so good to see you! Welcome back!

I'm OK, thanks for asking.

A brief update: It's been a year since I moved in with my sister. I still really like the apartment and it's location, so close to the mall and other amenities. I bought a scooter and it makes getting around much easier for me.

Day-by-day, I'm getting past the grief of my relationship ending and I'm beginning to enjoy life as a single person. Pain-wise, I struggle daily, fatigue has become an issue as well and of course depression (though under control at the moment) is an ongoing concern.

Nancy - the woman who lives in Germany - still posts here and you may recognize a few other names as well. It's been a slow period for the board but people pop in as they're able.

I've heard good things about gluten-free eating - I hope it is helpful for you.

I did my usual household chores and now I'm tired.
    I don't expect I'll be doing much more today, beyond watching a bit of television.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I know it's been some time since I've been on here. I've just been extra busy the past couple of months. I finally confronted my husband recently and told him that he was verbally abusive to me. I did it while we were in a restaurant so it was done quietly. He kept saying that he felt insulted. I told him I was going to support meetings at a women's shelter. He didn't like that and said I was doing this to be a "drama queen". This Saturday I am going to private counseling. I am pretty sure I am going alone. He wanted to go to a married man, but I felt it would be a good idea to see a married couple. He said "no". Then he said he wanted a single man. Then he said he didn't want to go to counseling, then he said he did. It's like what they told me at the shelter-that most men with this problem deny they have it and only say they will go to counseling to make you happy. He does admit he does say things that are wrong, but won't admit that it's verbal abuse.

Right now things are a little better, but still somewhat strained. I really want to make this marriage work. It's not like he's abusive all the time, but to me it's not acceptable any of the time.

I got denied on my disability applicable in October. I now have a lawyer who is just five minutes from my house, which is great. My FMS doctor recommended him to me. So I am in the appeals process, but won't get to court until a year and a half to two years from now. I expected this with so many people applying for disability. But I have to believe I will get it in time. My memory isn't getting any better, but I keep doing things to try to keep using my brain to try and hold on to what I have.

I hope all of you are doing okay. I've been thinking of all of you. All of this extra stress right now hasn't been good for my body, but I've been handling my marital difficulties pretty well. I don't allow myself to cry and get upset around my husband. I just look at him as a person who is sick.

His doctor called and his blood sugar is higher and he is supposed to be following a diabetic diet and losing weight. He isn't diabetic yet, but will be if he doesn't take care of himself soon. He'll loose his job if he becomes diabetic as he is a truck driver. He just now is starting to cut back on how much he eats. Even though it's not the diabetic diet, I figure if he can loose weight that will bring his numbers down. The sooner the better. He was warned about this quite awhile ago, but never told me. I am so frustrated with him. I watched my mother die of diabetes over a period of five years and he was married to me then and he saw this, too. I am careful and get myself checked every year.

I do a lot of praying. I am so thankful I have my faith. Well, I had better go now. Take care everyone.

6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Anne Theresa.. Thank you for my welcome back!

It sounds as if you are doing as well as can be expected after experiencing this devasting blow. I know you are still grieving. And that, unfortunately, takes a long time. Especially in such a long term relationship. I think you are doing exceptionally well with all things considered. My prayers have been with you since I 'dropped' out of sight. You are and have always been an inspiration to me..

Ellen: Bless your heart. I knew things with your husband were up and down. I am sorry he is being verbally abusive. It is wonderful what you are doing for yourself to cope with this situation. Keep up with the meetings and your counseling. I would imagine this makes him feel as if some power has been taken away. And that's good. I will pray for your disability to come through. My brother is going through the same. Indiana makes you crawl through hell before even considering it. Both of you are much younger than I am. It's not right.

I did laundry today and that was it. Tired after being out yesterday, and depressed due to lack of sunshine. I've either been on the computer or watching tv. I plan on doing more tmw.!

Everyone take care! Thanks for reminding me on Nancy's name. My mind is helpless!

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Anne Theresa and Ellen, I hope you are doing well or taking care of yourself as needed.

I woke up early, for me, this morning. If felt good! I had several things to check off my list and I did. Wet Swiffered floors, dusted house, and cleaned mirrors and glass items.

Friday, I have my long hair appt., day. The whole works! I'm planning on grocery shopping also. Saturday, I'm spending the afternoon with a friend. We are taking care of our grandson Saturday evening..

Wishing you all a kind weekend to your souls and bodies..

8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

My husband gave me a hard time this morning as I still intended to go to counseling with the married couple on Saturday morning. He was upset as this is going to be more expensive to see two counselors versus one, especially since I am going alone. I was trying to get ready to go to my FMS dr. appt., which is out of town. He was being verbally abusive and telling me he wasn't. I told him calmly that he was doing it right then and he calmed right down and thought about it for a minute and then continued doing it.

When I got home later, he had left a message on the machine that he thought it over and decided that he wants to work on our marriage and go to counseling tomorrow morning. I'm not jumping up and down for joy as I am learning how changeable these men can be and how they can just tell you what you want to hear. I did tell him this morning that I will not continue to live this way and allow myself to be treated this way and will leave him when I get my disability money unless he seeks help. I talk to him in a calm voice and treat him like an ill person. because in my mind he is. I know that years of crying and getting upset certainly didn't work.

Kim, it was so nice to hear from you and thanks for your kind words.

Anne Theresa: I am sure you are still adjusting to your new life. Losing who you thought was your lifetime partner cannot be easy, can it? I am sure you feel thankful to have your sister with you.

We don't have the Internet at home, but lately we have been able to get it through our neighbors. However, I could lose my connection at any time so I had better go. It is nice to be able to talk to you here at home!

Take care, everyone.

9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I had a nice day yesterday. I rested most of the day so I'd feel able to attend an evening get-together with three of my women friends. We had a nice visit & exchanged Christmas gifts. It's a good thing I rested-up because the evening went until 11:00 PM.

Ellen, I'm happy to see you! I'm sorry your martial problems have surfaced again but I think it's great you're willing to work toward resolution. You and your husband are communicating with each other and that's awesome! I wish Dave could have shown me the same courtesy.

The disability process can be long and stressful but with a lawyer on the case, you will at least have some of that stress minimized. I'm glad your faith is strong.

Thanks Kim, for your prayers. I frequently pray for my friends here, knowing how we all struggle day-to-day and how effective prayer can be.

That lack of sunshine is tough on the system, isn't it? I really feel it this time of year, in spite of my S.A.D. lamp. It seems like you're staying busy in spite of the depression and that's good - much better than slowing down - which is what I feel like doing when I'm depressed - I've been staying busy too.

I'm going out for dinner and a movie tonight with my best friend and then tomorrow I plan to go to the hardware store to buy a few things including a floor-lamp for my sister's bedroom (the last of my Christmas gifts). I can't believe that aside from this one gift, everything is bought and gift-wrapped!

Enjoy the weekend, all!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa