What's on your 'To Do List' Nov 2nd to 9th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Nov 3, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Katy and I went out shopping today and I finally...got my hair cut! About 3 or 4 weeks too late, but it was nice to get out today. We also had our favorite chinese food for lunch.

We're still going through her med change but she's being more herself lately like I thought would happen. I'm so relieved.

I did wake up Saturday with my husband's cold but have gotten it mostly under control already. We managed to get our storage area cleaned out this weekend, now my entry room is finally cleared of boxes and bags of things for the thrift store.

Anne Theresa, your trip sounded wonderful and it seems like your Sweety is as good of a gift buyer as you are.

Ellen, did you enjoy your Holloween with Jim?

Hope all are doing well this week....

BILLCAMO New Member

I already voted and can't wait for the political ads , etc. to go away....;>0

Please , everyone smile ! :>)

Blessings ,

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We are having some lovely rain the past few days.....I like the rain.

Things are hopping around here with piano students, accompanying and my own kids....I'm ready for a break, but none is coming soon. We are still going to Weight Watchers, but my weight loss has slowed to a crawl. I need to exercise but am having trouble making the time for it. How are you doing, Anne Theresa?

My dad has been hospitalized lately for his diabetes.....he is so weak and needy, I wonder if he will be able to go home again. He may need to go to respite care.......any prayers are appreciated!

My daughter is in her final week of student teaching- yay! She has some travelling to do to get there each day, and both her car and my son's have gone down in the last two weeks. She needs a new engine and son needs a new transmission.....both are expensive fixes. We are looking around for other used cars. Fortunately, we've been able to supply them both with our cars, but they need to get something soon!

I hope all are well.....please check in soon!
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I went and voted this morning. I allowed myself plenty of time and I'm glad I did. I got there right after the polls opened and already the place was packed! Of course lots of people like to get it done before work and I was in that crowd. It took me 45 minutes. I still had time to go back home, eat breakfast and do a few things before heading off to work. The voting place is really close to our house.

With the colonoscopy being tomorrow, today my diet is really exciting. Jello, clear liquids, tea, water, sprite, etc. So far I'm not hungry, but I'm sure later I will be. As soon as I get home from my pool class I have to start the medicine that "cleans you out" so I know I can't stray too far from the bathroom!

Over the weekend, my nephew came over the raked the front yard (we are paying him this year). I burned them in the garden. Harry had to work all day Saturday. I took the screens down. We have modern windows so it's not a hard job. I put away some of the porch furniture that I'm able to do without Harry's help.

I think we are having our Indian summer. It's been sunny with temps in the upper 60's and today it's going to be in the low 70's. I still haven't cleaned out my car-maybe I'll do that today.

Nancy: Jim enjoyed giving out candy to the kids, although afterward he did have some problems and also the next day. He is determined to go off his medication. I told him to try it. He can't believe they will drive him to the hospital, strap him down if necessary and give him an injection. He can be so bullheaded sometimes. I'm glad Katy is adjusting to her medications.

Terri: I'm so sorry about your father. Of course I will keep him in my prayers. Between a sick father and sick cars, you certainly have your hands full right now.

Well, as usual I have tons to do as work so I better get back to work. But I did want to check it with all of you!

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all. I spent yesterday in my recliner; watching TV, reading, sleeping. I felt like a slug all day but my energy was super low, the pain was bothersome and I wasn't able to rise above it. It wasn't until bedtime that I began to feel better. Today I feel fine, though the fatigue lingers.

I realized yesterday (lots of time for soul searching) that I'm depressed - not in a clinical sense - but with my own life and the lack of meaning I feel due to inactivity & isolation. All that used to give my life meaning (my work, giving to others, writing etc.) have fallen by the wayside due - in one way or another - to illness. I need to do *something* to get out of this slump and so I will open my eyes to opportunity and trust the universe to send something my way.

Nancy, I'm glad you had a nice outing with Katy today and got your much-anticipated hair cut. It's great that Katy's med change has helped - it makes me think you know more about the impact of Katy's medications than her doctors do, not a surprise given your close proximity & experience.

Hi Bill, The American political campaigns are very long in duration, in comparison to those in Canada. I agree with you. Whatever the outcome of the election, it will be nice to see an end to all the political ads.

Terri, I like the rain too. For some reason, it always lifts my spirits. I'm sorry to say I'm not doing well at Weight Watchers, in fact I've gained 4 pounds since I started. I believe it's the medication (steroids) that are hindering weight-loss and if I can't break through and begin to lose weight soon, I'm going to talk to my doctor about going off the meds. I'm sorry your dad is doing poorly. I'll say a little prayer for him.

Ellen, I'm glad you're enjoying an Indian Summer. The weather is ever-changing here, one day I need a winter jacket, the next a light sweater will suffice. It's still very pretty outside, with the leaves changing colour and the air is crisp & sweet. I hope all goes well with the colonoscopy tomorrow.

Tuesday To-Do List

make bed, tidy bedroom
    put dishes away, clean counters & sink
    make hairdresser's appointment
    cancel e-card service
    shower & shampoo
    hair, dress & make-up
    weight-watchers meeting

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  6. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi everyone! I am going nutso here. Have had one glass of wine so far. I'm too hyped to sit and read through post but wanted to say hello. I'll be in tomorrow to check everyones updates.

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Terri, so sorry to hear about your dad, I hope things get better for him soon.

Ellen, I hope your colonoscopy goes well for you today. I'm sure it was a rough night for you last night.

I'm surprised that Jim wants to go off his meds again and I know how difficult this must be for you. I'm so glad that Katy's completely med compliant now that she lives here and doesn't have to try to do her pills herself. She just isn't capable and that was part of the problem when her husband wouldn't help her.

Dear Anne Theresa....I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time with your medications and I'm not surprised that you're having difficulty with depression because of them. Something isn't right there and I remember it from the beginning. Hopefully your doctors can help you find the balance that you need.

Today will be a day of rest at our house after going out shopping two days in a row.

Hugs all,

8. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Sorry to hear that some of you are having a hard time. We have been having ups and downs ourselves. Mainly with out youngest son. He got a federal grant to go to school but it was dependent on his having a job which he lost the day before he found out he had received the grant. So for over a week we have been holding our breath over whether he will find a job. Today he did. Thank God. He is such a worry for us for reasons I won't go into. His life is one big roller coaster and he takes us along for the ride.

Anyway the weather in Michigan has been great all week. Sunny and 60's to 70's. We have one more day of it and then reality comes back. It is odd to go into the stores wearing a t shirt and see the Christmas stuff out .

Anyway, this week is much the same.

Nature Center
    Grandaughter Kylie overnight.
    Do some stuff around the house

Feel like I need to veg for a couple of days. Not sure what is going on. Godbless
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Thanks for the well wishes concerning my dad. He seemed a bit better yesterday- not so depressed. He is still in the hospital but hoping to go home (not rehab) soon- we'll see. I am hoping to go for a short visit soon, if we can get the travel worked out. I'm in WA and they are in Arkansas, so I'd need to fly.

Linda- don't feel guilty about not being able to be here more often. We're just glad to hear from you when you can......you have a lot on your plate! I'm glad the weather is finally nice for you....and that you can have flowers now.

Sorry I can't address everyone individually.....I have another crazy day today. I have a recital to play for, then hubby and son are car shopping. Son's car went down and it may not be worth fixing (transmission) but we'll have to decide soon. He needs a car to get to work.

My daughter is finishing up her student teaching tomorrow- yay! Her car is also down, so it has been a challenge getting everyone to their commitments. I think she's taking some candy for her students on the last day.

10. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I sent a long post yesterday and I see it did not go through. I tried a couple of times. Not sure why.

I had posted individually to everyone. So please know that I am thinking of you all and your struggles as well as the good news.

I have been in a flare since last Thurs. I overdid it. I am extremely fatigued and can only do what I can do.

I will attempt to do laundry.
    I will take a shower
    Plan and make a homemade dinner. Have to think of a new food to try for ds behavior therapy
    I must finish my "homework" from the behavioralist. A "social story" about safety.
    Spend the two hour therapy with my son and behavior tutor and supervisor (at least it is at our house!)
    My poor doggy. He needs a brush and bath. It has been on my list forever. If not today I hope over the weekend.

11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I got through the colonoscopy, but as many of you know who have had one, the preparation part is the worst of it. I had an accident in bed in the middle of the night. I should have been better prepared and put some towels down just in case. My father-in-law took me, which was nice of him. But the worst thing was that they didn't give me enough of the anesthesia and I remember feeling the pain and boy did it hurt. Now I know why they put people under for the procedure! I remember squirming around trying to get more comfortable, but, of course, I couldn't. The pain seemed to go on and on, but I would think they would have realized I was partially awake and wouldn't have let me suffer. They must have given me more "juice" to put me under.

That's the second time that has happened to me. When I had my implant put in, I remember feeling the knife cutting me open and saying "That hurts!" before they gave me more "juice".
    I guess I need more anesthesia than the average person.

Terri: I'm glad your dad is doing a little better. It must be hard to be so far away and not be able to visit and check on him.

Linda: After all the 90's, I'm sure you are glad the temps are finally cooler. Sounds like your mom is doing okay, but keeping you busy. I know my mother did, but treasure the time you have with her. I'd give anything to have my parents back.

Greygoddess: I'm sorry your son causes such stress in your life and hope that all goes well with the federal grant. I hope that he gets the grant and can use it toward his schooling.

Nancy: Yes, I can certainly relate to people with OCD needing help with their medication. The group home where Jim lives gives it to Jim or he probably wouldn't take it half the time. Although I was pleased when he stayed at my house and he was taking it on his own. I would check with him and he had already taken it. Other times, however, he hasn't taken it.

Anne Theresa: I'm sorry you haven't been doing as well. The worst thing for me is the fatigue. I always have stiffness and achiness, but the fatigue is the hardest thing for me. I often have times when I am at work when I wish I could take a nap, but most of the time I have just learned to manage. Yes, I have just loved this Indian summer we've been having. I got out in the yard yesterday and got some raking done. I took my cats out, too.

Well, Harry has to work all day tomorrow so I have the day to myself. I might see if one of my girlfriends I haven't seen in awhile wants to go to lunch. The weather is supposed to turn cold and rainy.

To do list for today:

-finish laundry
    -make my bed
    -empty dishwasher
    -wipe down dashboard in car
    -go to the bank

List for the weekend:

-get a baby gift for an upcoming baby shower
    -get a haircut
    -order vacuum cleaner bags for our shop vac
    -call Jim and check on him
    -clean laundry tub
    -write a note to my neice

That's all I can think of for now! Have a good weekend everyone!

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends, Yesterday was another day of terrible fatigue. I didn't do much of anything until midnight when I finally got my second (first?) wind., then I did my daily household chores. I'm glad I was able to do that, having the house tidy made getting up this morning a tad easier.

The fatigue lingers but not so bad today, thank heavens! I have a manicure scheduled for this afternoon, then I'll shop a bit, then meet sweetie for his dinner break. I usually enjoy my manicure days. It's nice to have a regular mission like this, otherwise I'd stay home and read all day every day.

Molly, I"m sorry you've had trouble posting. That's happened to me a few times since the new board and it's frustrating, to say the least. One of the problems is the new board seems to 'time out' quickly so if you take a long time to write a post, the log-in needs to be reset. If this happens (if it doesn't post when you click 'submit') use the 'back' key to return to the page with your post. Copy your post so you won't lose it (a fast way is to click "Ctrl" and 'A", then 'Ctrl" and "C"), re-log-in and then re-post ("Ctrl" and "V". ) I hope this helps.

I'm sorry you're in the midst of a flare and I hope it eases up before too long. I completely relate to the profound fatigue. Try to get some rest and don't push yourself too hard.

Terri, I'm glad you're dad's depression has eased up a bit and I hope this continues. I hope your recital goes well today and that your husband & son find a nice car.

Linda, with all your running around lately, I hope you don't over-do. I'm glad the horribly hot weather is behind you - those high temperatures must be very draining. Please don't feel guilty about not posting every day. You're an important part of the group and we're happy to hear from you whenever you're able to post.

Greygoddess, I know what it's like to worry about a wayward child - God bless him - my youngest son was a handful for many years. I'm glad your son found the job necessary to secure his grant and I hope he does well. Enjoy the lovely weather!

Ellen, I imagine you're glad to have the colonoscopy over and done with - how terrible that you weren't given enough anesthesia. The weather is lovely here too - I wish it could stay that way. I hope you get the chance to visit your friend tomorrow - it's always nice to spend time with friends.

Nancy, thanks for your kind understanding about my medications. My scale recently peaked with a 60 lb gain and so I've decided to go off the inhalants on a trial basis to determine if, as I suspect, the steroid is making me gain weight. Take care.

To-Do List

manicure, shopping, dinner
    put away dishes, clean counters & sink
    make dinner
    tidy bedroom/living room
    clean washroom

God bless,
    Anne Theresa