What's on your 'To Do List' Oct 15 21st?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Oct 15, 2007.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

I thought I'd wait a bit to see if Kim was posting this week but I haven't seen the thread yet....

Today was spent mostly piddling around the house. Watered my plants, scrubbed toilets etc...but nothing too difficult.

I either have allergies or a slight cold so I'm not feeling too hot today.

Let's hope for a painfree and wonderful week for all.

Nancy B
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks, Nancy, for getting us started this week. I'm sorry you're not feeling very well and I hope it passes soon.

I'm not feeling well either but that's a 'morning thing' (although it's not technically morning, I just woke up after a fitful night's sleep).

After I wake, it takes several coffees, my morning painkillers, my heating pad and about three hours before I feel well enough to do anything at all.

I know many with fibro have similar mornings, but in my day-to-day I often feel very alone with this condition as I watch others (my sweetie, children etc.) bound out of bed with enthusiasm for the day ahead (I'm exaggerating, they don't actually 'bound out of bed' but you know what I mean).

ah well, it seems Complaining was # 1 on today's to-do list. That accomplished, I'll move on:

2) make bed
    3) put dishes away
    4) tidy living room
    5) shower & dress
    6) go to Weight-Watcher's meeting
    7) read, rest, watch TV

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Having a rough start to the morning, hubby's snoring woke me up at 4:00 am....and I've invited my daughter to come over today.

Her OCD is back with a vengence...and I don't want her sitting home alone with the bad thoughts that come with it.

I'm hoping to get a nap in before she comes over so we can have a nice day and do something to keep her busy.

Anne Theresa, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time lately, but your post made me giggle a bit! Love your sense of humor!

Linda, great to see you back....

Hope all the ladies will join back in the thread this week so we can all catch up again.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Linda- glad you're back. I made stew on Sunday, a big crock pot full. It's really good on cornbread. Anyone else like it that way?

Nancy- you are good to your daughter. She's lucky to have you, but she may not know it. I hope and pray one day she'll really be better.

AnneTheresa- how much have you lost on WW? It's a good program, and I definitely need to get back to the meetings. It's not happening on my own volition!

Today I've got to take the twins shopping for some hiking boots. They are going on their first camp trip with the Scouts and need some good boots. I think they are looking forward to it, but it's mixed with a little bit of "what's going to happen?" Luckily, they'll only be gone 24 hours.

Take care, everyone!
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I'm back from my long weekend. It was nice, but it went by too fast! It has warmed back up here in Michigan. Upper 60's and low 70's.

I see several of us here are suffering with more pain. It is raining here today and I've been feeling the effects yesterday and today in my neck and shoulders.

I got another call-the 10th one I think-about my article on FMS in the paper last night. It is such a good feeling to help others with FMS.

Nancy: I'm so sorry your daughter's OCD has taken another turn for the worse. As someone else here said, your daughter is so fortunate to have you. I know how much patience and energy it takes to help someone with OCD.

Anne Theresa: Take care and I hope you are better soon.

Linda: Glad you are doing a little better. I think this rain here in Michigan is doing a number on my neck and shoulders. The pool water this afternoon during my class will feel so good. Glad your temps have finally cooled down.

Terri: I'm sure the twins will enjoy their camping trip. I guess it's normal for them to have some uncertainties beforehand.

To-do list:

-take a package to the post office and also buy stamps
    -do some vacuuming
    -water therapy class
    -finish washing a load of laundry

6. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Last week was a bear. But I enjoyed it. Let's see, this week:

Celebrate birthday-go out to dinner
    volunteer at animal shelter
    teach sunday school
    clean one room a day
    take at least 3 walks
    do some knitting

Taking it easy as lower back is acting up. Godbless
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks for the well-wishes, I actually do feel somewhat better today. Pushing myself to go out and do something - no matter how I feel - usually helps, if not with my physical symptoms, at least mood-wise. So, my getting out to a Weight-Watchers meeting last night did me a world of good.

Terri, to answer your question. I've lost ten pounds since I started WW in July. I hope to lose another twenty, though it's slow going.

Being older, with a sluggish metabolism, limited mobility, thyroid issues, etc. has made losing weight a particular challenge for me so I'm grateful for the program and the ongoing support. As important as the weigh loss is to me, the experience of getting out once a week and into a healthy & supportive environment is greatly valued.

Welcome Greygoddess & Happy Birthday! I also struggle with lower-back problems and I know how difficult that area can be to treat. I hope you get some relief soon.

Ellen, I'm so glad you're getting such positive responses from your story in the newspaper. It's good that people are reaching out, to learn what they can about fibromyalgia. It can be an isolating illness, otherwise.

Nancy, I'm sorry you're short on sleep today and I hope you have an enjoyable time with your daughter in spite of being tired. Staying busy can be a good remedy for OCD and other mental health issues.

From my own experience with depression/anxiety, I've learned that keeping my mind occupied with activity helps me put those unwelcome thoughts behind me. Finding the motivation to become active (when you're not feeling well and on your own) can be particularly difficult so it's great you're able to provide some motivation and encouragement to your daughter.

Linda, I'm so happy you're beginning to feel a bit better. In the midst of such a bad flare, it can be difficult to believe you'll ever feel better. For this reason, I always find it a particular relief when the symptoms ease up, even a little.

To-Do List

My main agenda item for today is a trip to the mall. I intend to window-shop in order to get some ideas for an anniversary gift for sweetie. On Halloween, we'll celebrate 19 years together.

Beyond that, I'll at least do a couple of these things

clean washroom
    water houseplants
    sweep bedroom
    vacuum hallway
    empty wastebaskets
    order theatre tickets
    finish gathering/boxing for Goodwill, then drop it off on the way to the mall

Wishing everyone an enjoyable day.

God bless
    Anne Theresa
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thank you all for your well wishes and kind words....I feel silly, but she didn't come over yesterday, she's coming today.

I'm glad because I did get a nap yesterday but spent the day with a hang-over type feeling, like I just couldn't completely wake up after a rough start to the day.

Today we'll try to go shopping, she's going out to dinner tonight with her hubby and some visiting work friends.

At least I got a decent night's sleep last night so I'm more up for it.

Later I need to call my sister. We're thowing a surprise 75th birthday party for my Dad on Saturday and everyone will be there. I hate to miss it, even my son is flying in for the weekend, but I just don't feel up to it...nor can I leave my daughter during this time.

I'll try to cook dinner tonight, trying to stock up on freezer meals since hubby is leaving for another week in the states on Saturday.

Tomorrow is his birthday too, but nothing special is planned.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, mid-term break is over and classes are back in session at the college. Since the students get time off at Thanksgiving and Christmas, it was only a two-day break.

We are having warm weather again today and it is supposed to last through the week. I can't believe what a warm fall we have had. I should get out in the garden and pull up my tomato and other plants that are no longer producing.

Linda: I know what you and Nancy mean by the snoring husbands! Although my husband claims I snore, too. I solved the problem by moving to the bedroom across the hall. With my FMS problems, I was disturbing my husband, too. I really sleep better alone now, anyway. Maybe it's not the best for married couples, but we get together at other times. We both agreed that we sleep much better apart.

Anne Theresa: Congrats on the 10 pound weights loss! I know that it's especially hard for us to lose weight with difficulties in exercising and thyroid issues.

Nancy: I'm so sorry you will miss you dad's 75th birthday. I know it's not the same as being there, but I'm sure you intend you call him on his special day.

To-do list:

-dental visit (I have a tooth that's been bothering me.
    Anything cold)
    -finish vacuuming
    -mail bills

That's it for me-talk to everyone tomorrow!

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have a quiet day at home today, much needed after two days of activity (WW meeting & shopping).

I'm in the midst of reading a good novel and I also have a rented movie to watch, so my day is pretty much booked :)

I'll do a bit of picking up and I'll probably cook something for dinner, but other than that, I'm talking the day to myself.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  11. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I got up early to a very foggy, rainy day. I got the boys breakfast and then got them off to school. I feed the cats and dog. My sister called so I talked to her for an hour. Then I made some appointments.

I did dishes and did some laundry. Had leftover chili for lunch with a grilled cheese. Tryed to take a nap this afternoon but really couldn`t sleep. I need to go do some more laundry to get that more caught up. I am looked forward to watching Kid Nation tonight. I also like that new show "Pushing Daisy." I`ve got to tvo that.

12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

We are having a warm, rainy day so my husband has the day off. He just called me at work and said the dentist is getting him in this morning for a long overdue cleaning.

We are meeting for lunch, then he is helping me with the grocery shopping. I have a long list today so I will appreciate his help. The store scooters are great, but the baskets don't hold very many groceries so it will be a help having him push a cart around.

Anne Theresa: With it raining here today, a book and a movie sound really good to me. Enjoy your relaxing day.

Sandy: Welcome to our "little group". I checked out your biography and loved the picture of the kitten! I see you have three children and you and your husband are farmers. My in-laws are retired farmers.

Linda: I am getting a flu shot tomorrow here at the Health Center at work. We get a small discount and it's nice to be able to get one while we are at work. I'm sure it was bittersweet watching those old family movies. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch my wedding video as there are family members-my mom, uncle, aunt, and my dad's cousin who are in it who are all gone now. Just thinking about watching it brings tears to my eyes. Maybe someday. I think seeing my mother would be the hardest.

To-do list:

-grocery shopping with my husband
    -pool therapy class
    -put clean laundry away

Have a good day, everyone!

13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hello everyone!

Nancy, thank you for posting again. Especially with not feeling well and worrying about your daughter. You are both in my thoughts.

Anne Theresa, your son's are very nice looking! I know how proud you are of them. I'm happy to hear WW is working for you! Ten pounds is a great loss! Even though it does take us longer.

Linda, I hope you are feeling much better. You have so much to deal with. Kids at home, these DD's, always being busy, living in a climate much worse than the Devil's abode(LOL!), and especially going through the tremendous scare you and DH had with his help. You are something!

Greygoddess, I LOVE your name! Very cool.. Happy belated birthday! I hope your back is feeling better! Most important, I hope you had a wonderful Birthday. I love my birthday's. Maybe not the age, but the day! My parent's always told me it was of the most special of days, because it is everyone's, own day.

Terri, Everytime I read your posts,you are making something delicious. I have now decided to move in with you! Get prepared! LOL! I do love stew over cornbread!

Ellen, How wonderful that your article is helping so many others! To actually have someone know, what they are going through probably feels like a God Send.. Take care of you! It has been humid, and now rainy for over three days. My body HATES this!!

Sandy, It is wonderful to see new people! This is a wonderful board, and contains very special people. I think it is common for many to feel so sleepy, yet not be able to sleep. Rest at those times. I will have to tell my daughter that you are an organic farmer. She and her husband would love to raise organic foods, farm, etc. I do not see her having the patience or the money, at this time to do so! Who knows in the long run??

Has Sue been on the board recently? I know she's been busy and not feeling well at times..

Nancy, If you want me to take back posting this thread, it is no problem. If you want to keep doing it, that's not a problem either! Just let me know! Thank you for all you don!

Today I have:

Vacummed and mopped kitchen floor, and title foyer. I have dusted, a little, and need to unload the dishwasher. After that, I plan on showering and resting!

Warmest thoughts to all of you...

[This Message was Edited on 10/18/2007]
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Very busy week and now my husband has pneumonia...poor guy. Yesterday he felt fine and by last night he was very sick and this AM he has pneumonia...

Took him to doc, meds, treatments, etc...

Now doing some laundry, waiting for cable guy...need to eat something.

Just hope things are going well...didn't read too much. Seems like I can't just concentrate right now.

Take care!

15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hubby took the day off today to help me get ready for the week since he's leaving early tomorrow morning for the states again.

That means grocery shopping, laundry, water bottles etc...to make sure I have very little to do next week.

Yikes, my daughter just called and she'll be coming over again today. I hate to feel like this but it can be exhausting to have her here.

Kim, you're more than welcome to start the thread again, I just do it if no one else has....no problem.

Sue, hope your husband starts to feel better soon. I know it's hard taking care of someone else with this DD.

Hugs all, (I need more coffee)

Nancy B

16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

What a beautiful day it is outside. I've decided to take advantage of the weather and get out in the yard this weekend. With the weather being so mild, many of my flowers are still blooming nicely. My kitties will want to get outside with me.

I went over to the Health Center on campus this morning and got my flu shot. We get a slight discount and it's nice being able to do it during working hours. I'm exposed to so many sick people, that I always make sure to have one every year.

Kim: Thanks for the kind words about my article. It does feel good to help others and pass along some of the helpful medical advice I've been given.

Sue: I'm so sorry that your husband has pneumonia! You didn't say that he was in the hospital, so I assume he is at home. I hope he gets well soon.

Nancy: I know what you mean about your daughter. If Jim had his way, he would spend every day with me. As much as I love him, he does exhaust me. He is so lively and he loves to talk a lot! Can you tell her sometimes that you are not feeling well and not up to a visit?

To-do list:

-take Jim out for lunch
    -cash husband's and my paychecks
    -finish washing bedding and towels
    -corned beef and cabbage for dinner
    -pick up a prescription for my husband

To-do list for the weekend:

-pull out plants in vegetable garden
    -cut down more perennial plants in flower gardens
    -vacuum my car
    -call my cousin in New Jersey
    -goof off

17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thanks for the kind words, Nancy and Ellen...seems like you both have family things to do and they do wear one out, don't they? We love them, but I don't know about you, but my energy wanes very quickly when I have too close contact with too many people for extended time. Just the way of the DD, I think.

I hope your visit with DD doesn't wear you out, Nancy. Our kids think we are indestructible, but we are just humans with frailities....they can't really admit that just yet, can they? Take care of yourself.

Enjoy your lunch with Jim, Ellen. I know he appreciates it, but again, be jealous with your time to keep yourself well. Easier said than done.

Doing more laundry. I like sick people to have clean sheets to sleep on, so I did the sheets today and probably will do them again on Sunday. Washed all his clothes and towels in hot water to try to kill any nasty germs.

Going to store to get some more juices, etc.

Husband has an appointment with a lawyer this PM that he insists on going to. I took matters into my own hands and cancelled his colonoscopy on Tuesday. He thought he should go ahead with it, but I overruled him. All he needs is to be in a hospital full of germs and have anethesia with compromised lungs. Men! I can't talk him out of the lawyer visit, but I can at least keep him from doing something really stupid.

All for now.

Have a great weekend each one.

18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

To-Do List

the usual, daily housework
    make appointment for massage therapy
    order ballet tickets
    shower & shampoo
    change water in fishbowl
    water houseplants
    vacuum the hallway
    tidy laundry room

My energy is extremely low so I don't know how many of the above-noted chores I'll get to today. I'll do my best and then move any left-over chores to tomorrow.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  19. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yesterday turned out to be a wonderful day...we got all of our chores done so I'm set up well for the week ahead.

My daughter called and got new meds for her anxiety so hopefully they'll help with the OCD symptoms she's been having. She did nap for over 3 hours which always helps me.

Her husband surprised her with a parakeet last night!!!! He zoomed up so high in my estimation for that...he knows nothing about birds and didn't want one (she said) but bought one for her as a surprise.

We had a great talk on Wed, he came hours early while she was napping and I know we discussed how she needs something to do or something to take care of since they're (wisely) not going to have kids no matter how much she's always dreamed of having them, so maybe that helped a little.

My daughter and I love birds and have kept them in the past. I clipped the wings for her so she can take him out today and start training him...that'll keep her busy!!!!

I'm so thrilled for her...both of them actually. With her being 'special' and him loving her for who she is, you just can't ask for more in life.

Today I'll make him some special jammy pants....relax and try to get a nap in.

Hubby's off to the airport already.

And for whoever asked (sorry I can't remember) I can't really tell her no when she asks to spend the day with me. I have to keep all avenues of communication open with her and I know how rough the OCD has been for her. If spending the day with me puts her at ease, it's a small thing to do to help.

Ellen, you're always an inspiration, hope the lunch goes well.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  20. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm having to let go of baking unless it's very lowfat.....my hubby's got to get his blood pressure down or start medication. The doc is giving him 3 weeks to get it down. So I've read that bananas, potatoes and tomato juice are good for helping to lower blood pressure. Of course, giving up salt and eggs will help too. He's already swimming and trying to lose weight, so it will be good for me as well. Oh, the tomato juice I'm giving him is low in salt, since I made it!

My twins are out camping as we speak, so I haven't slept too well. It's rainy and cold, so I'm worrying! I just hope and pray that they don't come home sick.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2007]