What's on Your To Do List? Oct 18 - 24

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Oct 18, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the week ahead.

Monday is the day my sister and I shop for groceries so that's the main item on my agenda today. We both find that chore strenuous so I intend to come home to a nice long rest (maybe watch some tv) after I put the groceries away. Later in the day, I'll set about accomplishing the rest of the items on my to-do list:

To-Do List

make appointments for dentist and hairdresser
    water plants
    gentle workout in apartment's gym

I look forward to hearing from other members. Newcomers are always welcome!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi everyone,

Anne Theresa thanks for helping to keep the to do list going. I hope your shopping day goes okay. It is always nice to know you will have the chance to rest after something like that. I usually feel much better about the things i have to do if i know I will be able to rest. It's awful to have to plan that way isn't it? I'm glad you will be able to see your sons soon.

Nancy are you mostly done with the hospital and the testing now? I hope so. Hugs and a happy belated birthday, sorry it wasn't a good day for you. I wish you could come over and help me make those delicious pork chops.

I found out that the LLMD (lyme dr) that I have been on the waiting list for has an appointment time in early November for me. I have a lot of mixed emotions. Fear, wondering if she will dx me with Lyme, the treatments, the money, the herxing, the travel. My husband is very skeptical and thinks they will just try to scam me. It has been so long since my Igenex test I cannot even find the testing results. I have a huge packet of info to fill out before the appointment and I will keep trying to find the Igenex paperwork.

Our dog has been batteling lymphoma and seems to be going downhill. We had to clean up a lot of poop and pee accidents over the weekend which is not like him at all. First I was mad then I soon realized he couldn't help himself and we are sad for him. He was given a year to live and he has lived 14 months.

My week:
    Mon-errands and groceries, pick-up son early from school for back-to-back dr. appointments

Tues-appt with my therapist, later take son to his theraputic yoga

Weds-minimum day possibly take son to Farmer's Market to do OT homework on picky eating, then my yoga class

Thurs-take son to OT appt. then to an Asperger Support group for parents and kids

Fri-after school Halloween Carnaval and son's school

Sat-family wedding up in Orange County have to prep son and help him a lot through this

My son has some cold symptoms and I am not sure if it will turn into anything for him or me so all of this is subject to change (lol).

Hope you all have a great week or as good as can be with our illnesses and such!
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Anne Theresa, thanks for getting the list started again this week. I was having a bit of a 'down' day yesterday and feeling sorry for myself. I wanted to feel well enough to drive Katy to work but couldn't. It's costing us 20EU per day when she has to take a taxi (one way) and I just wanted to feel human enough to do something useful..... I hope your grocery shopping trip went well, how I miss going to the store!!

Molly, thanks for the birthday wishes....and wow what a busy week you have planned. I hope everything goes well. Sorry to hear that your dog is no longer doing well....I know how hard that is.

And unfortunately, no.....I'm not done with testing just yet. I did have an appt with a German doc yesterday back at the hospital that I was in. (On a side note, I got to see one of my wonderful nurses from the floor and was able to thank her for taking such good care of me)

Since Germany has free health care and I am blessed with insurance, we see the top physicians so I know I'm in good hands. But I found out which hormone levels were high and it's probably not good news. Although they're ruling out a benign tumor of the Pancreas (or if I have one, it's too small to be seen on the CT scan) they can't rule out cancer just yet because my Chromogranin A is too high and it's a clear marker for some type of cancer.

Makes sense to me....they're scheduling another scan for an edrenal (sp?) tumor soon. I also have an appt with my Endo on Friday.

I've had a feeling that something was wrong for quite some time now....I know my Mom knew that things weren't 'right' with her long before she died.....and I've had this weird feeling too for months and months now.

I even think it's why I've been changing and taking care of so many things around the house.....like a strong nesting instinct to make sure everything's ok and that everyone's well taken care of.

Hopefully everything will be just fine and it's menopause symptoms instead!!!!

Hugs all,

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Molly, it's good to hear from you. I understand your mixed feelings about your upcoming appointment with a Lyme doctor and what a positive diagnosis might entail. I even understand your husband's concern about being scammed as, unfortunately there are those who will prey on the sick and vulnerable to make money. But, if there's a chance you can find the source of your problems and, in turn, find an effective treatment, it may be worth checking it out.

I'm sorry to hear your dog is going downhill, the poor dear.

I hope your busy week ahead plays out without incident and that Liam's cold symptoms do not materialize into anything serious.

Nancy, I'm sorry you had a down day yesterday with concerns about the future. I think it's natural to be afraid when faced with significant health issues. My sister is going through something similar. I'm glad you're in good hands, with such highly skilled physicians to care for you. Lean on us whenever you need to, you need not go through this alone.

I know how easy it is to get down on yourself when you can't do something as (relatively) easy as driving your daughter to work. We all have days when the most simple things (like taking a shower, getting dressed, making a sandwich, talking on the phone etc.) are beyond our capabilities. We need to do what we can and beyond that, it's pointless to feel bad.

I had a sleepless night last night and, though I tried to sleep today I couldn't so, I'm running on empty. I'll make a to-do list with the understanding that I likely won't get to much of it until tomorrow.

visit from my niece (this afternoon)
    print out her resumes
    make dinner
    watch movie
    cut up fruit & vegetables for snacking this week
    play with my bunny
    work-out in apartment's gum
    go for blood work
    make appointments hair, dentist

God bless
    Anne Theresa

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Anne Theresa, sorry you had a sleepless night (ugh) that always messes me up completely, like it's the last thing we need to make things more difficult than they already are!

I did manage to drive Katy to work last week one day and it felt wonderful!! Unfortunately, she came home sick that night. She just happened to be off the next day (wed I think) with a doc appt on Thursday. Turns out she has severe bronchitis and walking pneumonia too, poor thing!! She's being very good about staying away from me and wearing a mask if she's anywhere near me.

Friday morning I had my appt with my endo and he did the next test on me. They injected something into me then did blood work at 30 and 60 minute intervals. He explained the Chromogranin A hormone marker as one for an endocrine tumor, I just hope we find something soon and that it can be treated and cured???

And on Sat, my wonderful hubby drove me to get my haircut FINALLY, it was getting really, really bad!!! Not that he finally drove me, but that I could finally get out to get my hair cut. It's hard when it's super (man short) to keep it maintained while ill, but I'm thrilled that it's done now, I feel like I got myself back a bit.

Today I'll do pills for the week, rest a bit, bathe and shave then rest a bit.

Hugs all,