What's on your 'To Do' List Oct 19-25?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Oct 18, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Every time I start this thread, I'm amazed at how quickly the weeks and months are going by....but I guess in my case that's a good thing since my hubby will be home on Saturday!

Katy has a doc appt this morning and I need to make one for myself to get my meds straightened out.

We plan to get some groceries in afterwards, have lunch out and maybe stop at the thrift store too, hopefully.

Anne Theresa, bless you...keep doing what you're doing to get through the days. This must be so difficult for you but I hope with the new apartment things might get easier since you won't be facing him on a daily basis.

But please tell your family soon....they might be able to support you through this and you can get the dread of telling them off of your back.

Molly I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish while dealing with this disease. You deserve a medal.....

Terri, I hope your son is going to be happy in his new marriage. We can all remember what it's like to be young and in love.

Hope to hear from the rest of the group soon!

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi all,

Nancy, OMG thank you for the support. It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad to hear your hubby is coming home soon. I hope your meds work out okay.

Terri! Congrats on your son's engagement! I remember you talking about him trying to get up to Canada to see his girl about a year ago? Awwww that is sweet. How was the apple orchard? Great that it was your own private picking! There is an apple festival here we have gone to and it was a lot of fun.

Anne Theresa, sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving with your friend. Pedicures and all! I hope your fatigue has improved over the weekend. I had awful fatigue after trying that new med.

I had a very difficult weekend. Liam sensed my fatigue and illness and went truly bonkers. He is overwhelmed by school and that only adds to his behaviors. I have bruises all over my left foot from trying to calm him at church. I am seriously considering medication for him but I am so paralized to do it. I hope to talk with the behavior supervisor today. We tried behavioral interventions but now we may need meds and it is a very scary thing for me. Sorry I don't have upbeat good news but this is where my life is now and has been. I have to ride the wave.

To do:
    Minimum day pick up son early
    yoga dvd (wasn't able to do it the other day)
    set clock for 20 mins to work on clutter
    plan dinner

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    We had fun picking apples the other day.....it was raining! We took my MIL, but had her sit in the car as it was a light, steady rain. But it was still fun. I think we all got a bit chilled, so we came home and I made tomato soup (out of our garden tomatoes) and grilled cheese. It was definitely comfort food!

Molly, I don't think it would be the end of the world to consider meds for your son. Hopefully you have a doctor for him who understands his behavior and needs and would take all of this into account.....I'm sure you don't want to overmedicate him. But maybe it could help you and your family.

Gotta go,
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Hi Nancy, Thanks for getting the thread started this week. I agree with you, time flies. It's hard to believe we're nearing the end of October - my goodness!

Molly, I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with your son. I can understand how you feel about medication but if there's a chance it could improve your son's quality of life, then it may be worth a trial. God bless you, such decisions are never easy.

Terri, I'm glad you had a fun day apple picking with your family. I hope you enjoy your bounty!

I had a wonderful phone conversation with my youngest son. I told him about the break-up and he was as shocked & surprised as I was. He was very sweet and supportive and invited me to spend some time with him. To that end, I'm travelling up north on Friday to stay the weekend with him and his partner. I still haven't reached my eldest son (he's notoriously difficult to reach) but hopefully I will soon.

I was planning to get out for a manicure today but decided to stay in my warm house instead. It's hard for me to get out the door at the best of times but the chill in the air makes me want to hibernate. I'll try to get out for one tomorrow afternoon, then in the early evening I have a doctor's appointment. That will make for a full day tomorrow. Then, the next day, if all goes as planned, I'll be heading up north.

God bless,

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Molly, bless you...I can understand your reluctance to put Liam on medications but I think if there's something out there to help him it may be worth a try.

I remember when Katy was dx as ADHD and I too was reluctant to try the meds thinking it would change her personality but it didn't...it just helped her to concentrate, improve her grades and allowed her to play in her room for more than 2 minutes at a time. (Although I have no idea what meds are available for Liam, just had a similar experience to share)

Terri, I'm glad you had fun picking apples....the soup and grilled cheese sounds wonderful too.

Anne Theresa, I'm so glad you were able to share your news with your son and I think some time away sounds wonderful. Good for you.....you certainly deserve the break!

Katy and I got so much done on Monday that Tuesday was supposed to be a complete relaxing day, but my coffee maker broke so we had to go shopping for a new one.

Yesterday I was still so tired but we managed to start picking up the last few little things around the house and completing our projects before hubby gets home.

Today my housekeeper comes and I'm not sure if we'll try to get out or just stay here and help her and maybe even finish up laundry. We had loads of sheets and bedding from switching the beds around, hopefully we can get to the towels etc today.

Hugs all,

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Today Katy and I are running errands to finish everything up before hubby gets home tomorrow.

We need to take the trash and recyclables to the base, get the dry cleaning, a few groceries, mail etc.....

Hopefully then we can congratulate ourselves for a job well done with lunch out and a quick trip to the thrift store...also need to donate some more items that have piled up.

Hope to hear from you all soon...

7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Good Morning!

Thank you all very much for the support about medication for my son.

Terri-I forgot about the tomato soup grilled cheese combo. I plan to fix that soon for my family!

Anne Theresa-That's really great that you told your son and he responded in such a loving way. I'm sure it will be good for you to get away for the weekend. I hope my son will be so good to me when he is grown-up.

Nancy-You have done a great job clearing out your house. I bet that feels great. Glad that your husband is coming home soon. As far as meds I think the ones that help are the anti-psychotics and some anti-seizure (sp?). I will be learning a lot more I am sure!

This was a full week(lol). We had our parent-teacher conference. We have our IEP scheduled for next Tuesday (behavior plan) and Liam's cast is now off! I have been playing phone tag with the psychiatrist but I think Liam will be able to be seen by her within a couple of weeks. My in-home ABA recommended the psych and has known and used her for her own children. It seems that this psych is really good and knows her stuff.

I get to have my hair cut today. My hubby will pick up our son at school so I don't have to rush back. Then I have a respite worker coming after school so I can hopefully decompress from the week!

I am really looking forward to Saturday night;) It is Mom's Night Out for the local group of mom's with kids with autism. I will be the designated driver for my girlfriend. She needs this so much! Her hubby is in the Army about 3,000 miles away. I am so happy we get to go!

To do:
    shower and eat breakfast
    hair cut
    organize paperwork in IEP notebook
    wait by the phone for psych to call!
    enjoy respite time

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I woke Thursday with a horrible back ache and so I cancelled my trip up north. I decided the trip (6-hours on the bus, plus two nights sleeping on a sofa-bed, followed by another 6-hours on the bus) was just too strenuous, given my condition. So, instead of travelling, I've had a quiet weekend with my heating pad, reading & watching TV.

I talked to James (my son up north) and he's going to come to my new apartment on the day of the move. By the time he arrives, I'll be moved already but he'll be available to help me arrange furniture, hang curtains, unpack boxes and (most importantly from my perspective) he'll stay overnight on my first night at my new place (I almost wrote - and it feels like this - my first night away from home). His being there that first night is going to make me feel better about my being there. God bless him.

I still haven't heard from Steve, my eldest. I hope and pray he contacts me soon.

My friend, Cristina, is taking me to the outlet mall this afternoon. She needs to return a purchase and she asked me if I'd like to tag along. Yes, yes, anything to get out of this house. Dave has the day off and it's difficult to be around him now.

As much as I hate for our relationship to be over, I don't want to be here anymore - my little house feels so empty and awful now. and messy. I've stopped picking up after Dave and so the house is messy. for the first time ever. except for my own little area and the washroom I keep clean, the rest is messy, a dump. I just don't care anymore. weird, isn't it?

God bless