What's on your 'To Do' List Oct 27 to Nov 2nd?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Oct 26, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all...

Still nothing much on my to do list this week although my house looks like a tornado hit it.

Hubby and daughter went back to her apt Sat and brought back a few more boxes of things so her room's a mess again.

He and I took a trip to base yesterday to pick up a few things at the store and it was only then that I realized how lousy I still feel. I no longer think this is just a cold/allergies. My balance was off, couldn't handle the surroundings, too much going on, my head is muddled again etc...I guess it's time for another doc appt.

I'm hoping to get a few things tidied up in 10 minute stretches today.

Hugs all,

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm up early today, probably because I slept a lot yesterday to recoup from Saturday's Halloween Party. The party was great fun! I can't upload pictures to ProHealth so I'll direct you to my online gratitude journal to see Mortitia & Gomaz and the Kitty Litter Cake.

Mortitia & Gomaz

Kitty Litter Cake

I'm sorry, Nancy, that you're feeling poorly. It's a sinking feeling when you realize you're experiencing something more than a few bad days or weeks, that you've turned a corner into relapse. Accepting that this bout of illness probably won't clear itself up (as easily as allergies and a cold are apt to do) and seeing your doctor accordingly is the wisest course of action, I think. I like your idea of working in ten minute increments today and I think I'll do the same.

It sounds like you have a busy week ahead, Linda, and I hope all goes well. I feel for you having to do so much in such hot weather. Myself - though I'm not looking forward to the cold of winter - I'm enjoying the cool crisp weather of autumn. I wish I could send a little coolness your way. I hope you have a nice Halloween and an enjoyable visit with your son and his girlfriend.

We're heading out first thing tomorrow (for our anniversary trip) and I have quite a bit to do between now and then.

1. clean inside of fridge
    2. set out food and instructions for pet care.
    3. wrap anniversary gift, fill out card
    4. pack clothes & toiletries
    5. put away dishes, clean kitchen
    6. empty wastebaskets & garbage
    7. sweep floors & spot clean
    8. shower & shampoo
    9. make up pill dispensers

I'll be back on Friday, see you then.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hello girls,
    Nancy~I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. I hope the doctor can help. You are smart to do 10 min increments. I start out that way and then forget. I guess I should use my timer!

Linda~I hope you got back to sleep last night! Uggh i hear you about the hot weather. i am so over it! We are having Santa Ana dry hot winds. 80's on the coast and 90's inland. It is supposed to cool by Thursday but we keep getting Santa Ana after Santa Ana. Enjoy your Halloween get together. It sounds like fun.

Anne Theresa~I'm glad you enjoyed the Halloween party. I bet the pics look great. I'm going to try to see them on our other computer later. Anniversary trip?! Now that sounds great. Have fun.

I'm so happy last week is over. Thanks for the tips that a few of you gave about lice. I was able to get my ds hair cut. It's a buzz cut and he looks adorable! I have been vacuuming, doing laundry and spraying lysol on his car seat since last Wednesday(lol). I was so happy when the school nurse checked us both out and we were lice free. I don't think dh or I had it. We did the treatment anyway but didn't find anything when we combed each other's hair out.

~rest some
    ~make 3 phone calls
    ~vacuum (yes I am obsessed)
    ~Pick up prescriptions (maybe dh can do it)
    ~Pick out a scary jack-o'-lantern pattern to do our pumkin

We watched the latest Indiana Jones. Kingdom of the crystal skull. Ds was so excited. The second time he watched it he wore his Indiana Jones costume. OMG he was so cute.

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I love this time of the year. It's so pretty with the fall colors. It's a little cooler right now than I would like, though, but I love Halloween. I've been watching many of the scary movies on TV. One of my girlfriends loves this season, too. My oldest brother, Tom, called me last night and he wants to go to a haunted house this week, which surprised me. I didn't think he cared for that kind of thing. Anyway, I am going to meet him and his wife and go through the haunted house with them.

Jim is coming on Friday night to give out candy to trick or treaters and will spend the night. He is really looking forward to that. Speaking of Jim, I called Dennis Kaufmann from the Licensing Division yesterday and he called me back today. He said that they had already investigated Don Pence's group home last summer and all the people in the home said that Don didn't undress in front of them so the case is closed. And since it's been so long since Don undressed in front of Jim, the statue of limitations is up so there is nothing that can be done. It's frustrating, but there is nothing that can be done. So I called Jim today and he was relieved he didn't have to talk to Dennis and that Don won't get into any trouble.

Last Friday night, Jim and I went to a Halloween party at the Hope Center. They do so much there for the mentally handicapped people. I was feeling unusually good and had extra energy so I was able to go with him. Jim did really well and had a good time. I didn't have to drive him home, which was nice for me. And with my eyes doing well, I was able to drive home in the dark okay.

Nancy: I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm sure all the stress you've been under hasn't helped your health any. Please take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

Linda: It sounds like you've been busy. I wish you could send some of your warmth our way.

Molly: I've never had lice before, but they sound like a real nightmare. You are so lucky that you and your husband didn't have them, too.

To-do list:

-dust basement
    -pool class
    -finish dusting upstairs (done)
    -fold a load of laundry (done)
    -empty dishwasher
    -watch scary movies!

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

After 3 weeks of sneezing, coughing and my nose running like a faucet, I figured out that I'm not sick with a cold, but allergies. So I switched my OTC allergy meds 2 days ago and it's helping. This must have gotten worse when we closed up the windows due to the cold weather so I'm guessing it might be the cat. I can't believe allergies can make you this sick.

But Katy had a rough day yesterday, so I changed her back off of the Cymbalta to her Prozac last night and I'm hoping that helps. Her psych is on vacation, if I'd known that I never would have allowed her to be put on 2 new meds with no doctor back up. I did call our GP for back up on this move and to let him know what's going on. I've been watching her get worse the last few days and refuse to continue a med that could be the cause of it.

Somehow I forgot to take my night time meds last night and woke up at 12:30 and did so. But I woke up to a boomer of a migraine this morning, not enough sleep time after my pills too.

My housekeeper comes today so it'll be noisy and annoying.....Katy's back in bed already so I don't know what to expect with her.

Here's to hoping for some kind of peaceful day. Oh, and it's snowing...wow!

Hugs all,

6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls!

Yay! It's Friday, payday and Halloween! I didn't sleep as well last night for some reason. I kept waking up and thinking it was time to get up. I woke up at 1:30 and 4:00. I usually sleep through the night. I guess I have to expect a bad night now and then. At least I'm not having all the bad nights like I used to, thank goodness.

Jim is so anxious for Halloween. I have received three e-mails from him this week talking about Halloween and how anxious he is to come to our house and pass out candy to the kids! And he is wondering what we will have for dinner!

I had my last counseling session this week. Harry and I talked and we both agreed that things are going well between us. He never did see the counselor, but I guess at this point there is no need as we are both getting along so well. My counselor agreed and said to call her if things should change.

Grammy: I hope things go well with your bedroom. Try not to overdue since you have pneumonia not too long ago. I've never had it, but I'm sure it takes quite awhile to fully recover from it.

Nancy: You could be right about the allergies. I really hope it's not your cat as you would hate to have to get rid of your pet. I'm sorry that Katy is not responding well to her new medications and with her psychiatrist on vacation, that's a real nightmare for you.

Linda: We are going to have usually warm weather for Halloween today-in the mid-60's. That's about ten degrees warmer than normal. Sounds like your weather has been unusually warm for you, too. Ninety degrees is too hot for me! I always get a flu shot every year, but it always leaves my arm sore for several days. I think that could be why my sleep was disturbed last night. I don't envy you having to get a crown. I just finished getting one not too long ago and now Jim needs one. And as I'm sure you know, they are quite expensive.

To-do list for today:

-wash sheets and towels (in progress)
    -put sheets on beds (half done)
    -pick up prescriptions (done)
    -get gas (done)
    -get vacuum cleaner bags

To-do list for weekend:

-clean laundry tub
    -empty dishwasher
    -clean inside of car

Have a good weekend, everyone!

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all....

Since the new otc meds are working better for me, I managed to get out this morning for a huge grocery shopping trip. I think we've just been picking up 'a few things' for a month around here.

Hubby was home sick with a cold so I felt safe to leave Katy home with him, with lots of warnings of what to look out for. They did fine....

Linda, it's been a really rough week for her this week, she went downhill quickly this time but I'm hoping that in a few days she'll be feeling better now that I've put her back on the old meds.

Ellen, I won't be able to get rid of the pets....but I did spend yesterday vacuuming and rolling up all the room sized rugs that weren't under something heavy (like my dining room table) to help eliminate places for the pet dander to accumulate. I'm hoping that will help at least a bit.

It was a good day to do it, the housekeeper was here so now I have clean tile floors all throughout the house. I know it will help the housekeeper, since she dislocates her shoulder when vacuuming and I've been trying to do it for the last few months for her.

For now, it's just my guess that it's the cat but I know I have very little trouble in my room and the cat's not allowed in it. I've also ordered her a new better food which the people say cuts down on shedding. Of course, we have a long haired cat.

Gotta go, they're back home with dinner.

Hugs all,

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Our trip was lovely from front to finish. The musical, A Chorus Line was great, we had lots of nice things to eat, the hotel was lovely & plush (we spent lots of time hanging out in the room, watched 4 in-house movies: the Rocker, Get Smart, Getting Over Sarah, & Step Brothers; all were enjoyable & funny) and we browsed through the many shops - fun, fun.

Sweetie loved his anniversary gifts, as I did mine; a lovely red/silver pendant & lavender soap & lotion. It was fun to be away but nice to come home last eve. to our cozy house and pets. I slept like a log and today I feel well-rested & happy.

Nancy, I'm glad you identified allergies as the culprit, that you're able to treat OTC and are beginning to feel better. I hope the med change is helpful for Katy and that she begins to feel well.

Ellen, I hope you have a nice Halloween and an enjoyable visit with Jim. It's good to hear you & Harry are getting along well, you deserve happiness in your marriage.

Linda, Shift/Reply works as it did before - the trick is you need to be logged in for it to work. It's nice you've gone all out for Halloween. I hope you get lots of trick-or-treaters and have much fun!

Grammy, I hope your beds arrive today without incident. Getting new things is always such fun! Take good care of yourself as you continue to recover from pneumonia.

Molly, I'm glad you're rid of those nasty lice. What a lot of work it takes to fight such teeny creatures! I think buzz cuts are adorable on little boys and I can imagine your little guy looks like a sweetheart.

To-Do List

spot clean carpet
    make appointments re dental
    online banking
    swiffer floors
    read & rest
    cook dinner

Happy Halloween!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa