What's on your 'To Do' List Oct 5 to Oct 11?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Oct 5, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Sorry I didn't get this started yesterday....it seems I go back and forth between feeling okish and awful and yesterday it was an 'awful' day.

Molly, please don't feel to badly about Liam's arm....any of us could have made that mistake and I'm sure it's especially hard to know when a special child is really hurting.

Today I'm going for a facial, it's the first one in months since I had that mole removed from the side of my face. Don't know why I haven't done this sooner, it's so relaxing for me. I'll try to shop a bit while I'm at the mall too.

Anne Teresa, I'm proud of you for managing your daily life while maintaining your dignity during this very difficult situation. Any news on the new apartment?

Hugs all,

2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Well I didn't get anything done on my list last week

This week I want to make fresh apple cake and take some to work to share
    The apples are all ready cut up--I just need to get the rest of it done

A friend gave me a big box of applies--unfortunately with the apples came a bunch of flies--I HATE them flilty things!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2009]
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello Nancy and all who follow,

No word on the apartment yet. The interview/application process went well on Friday and the building manager felt certain we'd be accepted, but we're still waiting for approval from head office. We should know within a few days, certainly by Friday. In the meantime, I'm on pins & needles knowing my sister's credit rating is less than perfect and that this may impact our chances for approval.

I hope you enjoy your facial today Nancy. I find facials can be as relaxing as massage therapy sessions. I missed my last massage therapy session (along with the physiotherapy and acupuncture sessions) - because the appointment occurred on a day when I felt particularly overwhelmed so I opted to cancel - and I've yet to reschedule.

I'm considering placing that weekly time & energy into counselling sessions and then return to the physiotherapy/acupuncture/massage sessions when I'm settled in my new home. I only have enough stamina for one treatment session per week and I think the counselling may be more important to me now, given my anxiety and circumstances of late.

Yesterday was an unproductive day. I'm having lots of those lately.

This morning I plan to take a shower. This afternoon I plan to read and take a nap and then, in the evening, I plan to go to my weight-watchers meeting. That's not much of a to-do list but about all I can manage today.

Thanks for getting us started this week Nancy. And Molly, I agree with Nancy, please don't feel bad about not catching Liam's injury right away, it's hard to tell with something that ambiguous and you caught it in the end, that's the important thing. He's so sweet loving his delicate mommy - what an angel :)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi, I have to be quick. My dh has his employee coming soon and I have to get off computer!

Thanks a lot for telling me I did okay with Liam's arm. He only has to wear the cast 2 wks since he was healing 2 wks before the cast went on.

Nancy-sorry you are having some awful days. I'm so glad Katy is able to step up and help so much lately. A facial sounds wonderful . . . enjoy

Beadlady-There are so many times I don't get my to do list done. It is frustrating but we have to accept what we can do when we are able. GL with the apple cake!

Anne Theresa-I hope you get the apartment! It sounds like there is a lot of hope that you will. I think the counseling for you is a very good idea. I am like you I have to pick what is most important since I have limited energy. Enjoy your reading and hope you have a good ww meeting.

Hello to everyone else!

I went to the dr yesturday. I will slowly wean off prozac. He wants me to try a new version of Provigil. It is called Nuvigil or something. A lot less side effects and is supposed to help with energy and cognition. He gave me a free 30 day coupon. I want to try it.

To do:
    Meet my friend for beach walk and coffee
    Clean my house (The playroom is turning into a fire hazard!)
    Call teacher for meeting (Liam's seating, his sensory breaks, need to modify his homework)
    Sign Liam up for a special needs basketball season (he doesn't want to but he doesn't know what it is)

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Bead lady, apple cake sounds wonderful!

Anne Theresa....you muddle through right now as best you can. I think we can all understand how difficult this must be for you, not only to go through this devastation but to have to continue to live with him must make it incredibly difficult.

I still think he should leave, he chose this....should have thought of this before hand. Making it even more difficult on you doesn't say much for him in my book. Thank Goodness you already knew I was very opinionated!

I had a wonderful facial yesterday and scheduled two more for the following busy months. And I shopped and found a new winter coat/jacket that fits. Hated paying full price but it's getting difficult to find things to wear again since I wasn't ready for the seasonal changes just yet.

I should have stopped by the base to pick up refills after yesterday but instead brought home lunch. (the best spaghetti carbonara that I've found yet)

So today Katy and I need to go to base. I'm guessing it will also be a good time to drop off all 7 full sized clear bags of clothing I've culled out and take it to the thrift store. ( Yes, I had clothing everywhere in piles, storage bins etc.....none of it fit but was hoping it might some day)

I'm guessing this will make it a bit easier on my housekeeper tomorrow when she comes since the front hall is filled with bags. Katy and I have been busy since hubby left a few weeks ago!

My allergies have been acting up lately too since the weather changed. I'm wondering if this isn't really helping how lousy I feel lately?

Hugs all,

6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Hi Beadlady, I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday - we must have been posting at the same time. Don't worry about not completing your to-do list. That happens to me a lot. In fact it happened to me yesterday. I didn't take my shower or go to my weight-watchers meeting. I just felt bad all day with too much pain and a headache. So, I'll take my shower today instead and go to my meeting next week. No harm done. I love apple cake, anything with apples. My mom used to make something called apple-john. It was apple cake with yellow custard and oh my it was delicious. Enjoy your baking - I'm sure the folks at work will be happy to share the results :)

Molly, I hope the new medication is effective and doesn't cause too many side-effects. To my mind, anything that helps fatigue and cognition has got to be helpful, given how those two areas are so greatly impacted by this illness. Thanks for your well-wishes about the new apartment.

I heard from the apartment manager yesterday that our rental application was approved. That puts my tentative move-date at Nov. 28th.

I agree with you Nancy, it's not fair that I should have to leave my little house. He should be the one to leave but then I'd be stuck with a house that I couldn't afford to live in and since it's only a one-bedroom I couldn't even take in a roommate to offset the expense. It's not like he gets to keep the house, we're going to sell it and split the proceeds.

I HATE the thoughts of moving (the hard work, energy & expense) but the apartment is truly lovely and since this change is being imposed on me rather than freely chosen, a luxury apartment with central air, five appliances, swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna etc. takes away some of the sting. The thought of being left alone in a house we once shared saddens me, whereas I can (almost) feel a glimmer of hope to think of moving into a lovely new apartment to begin this next phase of my life. Do you know what I mean?

I'm glad you found a nice winter coat. If your weather is anything like ours here, the cold has come upon you fast and furious. At the beginning of last winter, I was mortified that my winter coat wouldn't button (I had put on so much weight due to those nasty anti-d's) and so I was thrilled this year that it buttons comfortably. This is my coat's third season and it still looks like new, thank heavens because new coats are terribly expensive and I'm officially pinching pennies now in preparation for the move.

I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm going to go back to bed for a couple of hours before I begin the day. Hopefully, I'll get a bit of sleep then feel able to take on my to-do list:

To-Do List

shower & shampoo
    cut out images for collage project
    tidy living room
    make something easy for dinner
    go to play if I feel up to it

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

It's taken me awhile to read last week's posts after my last message and this week's. I needed to catch up on everyone's news. This has been a busy week for me. On Monday I picked up Jim as he was going to spend the night with me. I knew beforehand (I usually don't) that Harry wasn't coming home that night so it seemed like a good time to have him over. I had to run some errands for the lady I run errands for now, but unfortunately I couldn't find two of the items on her list. I did find them the next day. I have now learned to not look for them in my town, which is smaller and the shopping is more limited. Carol (the lady I work for) had called ahead, but the employees in the stores were wrong and they didn't carry the items she wanted-a back brush and an address book.

Jim and I did drop off the items we did find on Monday at her house, which isn't too far away. Her house does need some work, like she said. She's not really elderly-she's only 61. Her husband passed away several years ago and now it's just her and her mentally ill son. Her son is able to work at McDonald's. We didn't meet him as he was working.

I have a dr. appt. on Friday with the FMS dr. and I will go right by her house so I will drop off the rest of the items then. Carol seems like a real nice lady. The glass dish (whatever you call it) in her microwave has broken in two so I told her I would bring some glue to fix it next time. I won't charge her for this. It shouldn't take long to do.

Then Tuesday I had my appt. with my gynecologist to get my results from my ultrasound. They didn't really find anything, except I don't have any of the good bacteria you are supposed to have. We didn't get back to talking about what to do about that. My doctor said that she wants me to keep a journal about what I am doing when I have the pain. I told her it can happen anytime-when I am doing something active or just sitting. But I will still do it. She also wants me to try Premarin cream and put it on two times a week. She thinks the pain may be a muscular pain, possibly related to my FMS. The ultrasound only looked at my ovaries and uterus. But at least now I know I don't have ovarian cancer or any other cancer in that area. But I still wonder about the rectum area since the test didn't show that area. I have to go back in three weeks.

We are leaving on Sunday for vacation! Harry wants to go to the Carolinas since going south will be warmer this time of year. I didn't care where we went. So I am getting a travel book from the library today to see what there is to do in that area. We will be gone a little less than a week. We are both really looking forward to it. You probably won't hear from me until we get back.

Oops-the computer is running out of time. I will have to get back on.
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Okay, I signed back on again.

Nancy: Thanks for letting me know what you have, but I'm sorry that there is no cure for you. That's really bad you are being undernourished, too. I wish I could give you some of my weight. Since I've gone off the appetite suppressant, I've put ten pounds back on, unfortunately. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling that well for quite awhile now. I know how frustrating that can be. It's too bad your husband's job takes him away so much. Harry is gone quite a bit, too, but we keep reminding ourselves that with the economy here in the U.S. that we need to be grateful that he's working at all.

Anne Theresa: I am so glad that you were able to get the apartment. It's too bad you have to wait until late November, but at least you have a date and it does give you plenty of time to start packing up things you aren't using right now. Yes, I think you are right. If you have to choose, the counseling is more important right now than the massage. But if you can afford an occasional massage, that would be great, too. It's always good to spoil ourselves sometimes. If I could afford it, I would do that. You take care. I think you are a strong lady.

Beadlady: Your apple cake sounds good. My MIL makes a great apple cake with white frosting that is so good. The cake part also has raisins in it.

Molly: Since the doctor didn't call Child Protective Services on you, it sounds like your son's arm injury happens all the time with parents not catching it right away! It's good that he won't have to wear the cast for long. At least this didn't happen during the summer. If you can get your husband to go to counseling, that would be great. The last time we had problems, I couldn't get my husband to go to counseling, but other times I have. You just never know with men.

Well, I still have to look for the travel book and then head home and get more housework done. At least I have dinner ready. Harry's been gone for the past two nights so I am thinking and hoping he will be home tonight. All this talk about apple cake has given me a craving for it!

I'll be back when our trip is over and tell you all about it! Take care everyone!

9. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I'm pretty distressed. I went to pick up Liam at school today and found out he had thrown a rock at his friend and ended up in the principals office. Liam made things worse by lying about it and saying it was an accident when it wasn't.

I would never had known except I forgot to turn in a paper so I gave it to the teacher at the end of the day. I went over to the office. Principal wasn't there. I asked if he would be calling? She said yes, he usually does. He never called.

I am in full-blown Mama bear mode. We have been trying to observe his "sensory breaks" at school for over two weeks and they keep putting us off. I heard that they don't take him to the sensory room. Liam calls the aide the "mean sensory lady" and described how she talks to him.

So I am getting ready. We had requested a 30 day review of the IEP after school started. So that should be coming up but now we really have a lot to talk about.

I have my PITA (Pain in the A$$) mom's group and there are a few who know advocacy and want to help. I just left a message for one of them.

You know I would have never known that he went to the principals office the first time this year (a couple weeks ago) if it hadn't been for my inside spy who told me. It is like they are keeping the behavioral issues quiet so they don't have to do anything about it. What I don't understand is when safety is involved why they do not want to do anything about it.

I am very very upset at how the school is handling my son! I want to cry. We are out of wine.

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Ellen, I didn't know you had taken a job providing support - good for you! I know it's different than what you're used to but I expect it would be rewarding work. I'm glad the tests indicated you're cancer-free, though it must be frustrating not really knowing what's going on. I'm not surprised it may be muscular & relate to FMS (so many things are) but I hope your doctor doesn't presume that diagnosis without thoroughly checking the other options. I hope you and Harry have a wonderful holiday!

Molly, I'm sorry you're having problems with the school system so early in the term. It's good you have the review coming up. Hopefully, you will be able to set things right at that point although I get the sense the issues are ongoing and require your frequent intervention. I hope you're able to ease your upset feelings. I know it's easier said than done - I've been going through a lot of emotional upheaval lately, as you know, and I realize you can't just 'turn off' the upset feelings - but if you can find a way to remove yourself from the worry even for a short time (go to the movies, a walk through the mall, coffee with a friend) you'll find it helpful. Take care of yourself.

I hope you're doing well, Nancy, and that you're allergies aren't bothering you too much.
    Beadlady, how did that apple cake turn out?

I had a bad day yesterday. So far, today seems better. I'm going to try to get out to do a bit of shopping today. I haven't been getting out much lately and I think it will do me some good. I'm invited to a friend's house for dinner on Sunday and I offered to bring the salad. So today I'll make a mission of buying some fresh salad fixings. Also, I want to buy flowery swimming caps for my sister and me to celebrate our new apartment - the swimming pool is something we're both looking forward to using.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

To Anne Theresa.....hurray that you're getting the new apartment! I can just envision two flowery swim caps in the pool....two beautiful ladies!

You also reminded me that I have to make something for a team potluck this evening. My boys are running cross country and they had a meet yesterday. The highlight for me was when one of the twins, the singer of the two, got asked to sing the Star Spangled Banner! I was a proud mom. He is usually shy, but when he sings, he is not shy. He sang a duet and provided the harmony with another boy his age....their voices blended so well together. Guess you can tell I was a proud mom! It is nice to find out what your kids are passionate about.

Have a good weekend all!
  12. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Congrats Anne Theresa on your apartment! i think it will be good for you to make a fresh start. Enjoy your dinner with friends. You are doing all the right things by keeping yourself busy and in the world, yet resting and dealing with all the feelings you have now.

Nancy-OMG 7 bags? I congratulate you on clearing out. I have been wanting to do that for my son's toys for so long. I'm glad you found the energy to do it! I hope I will be able to as well.

Ellen-Enjoy your vacation! You are so fortunate to have a get away. I'm glad your ultra sound went well but yet hope you can figure out the pain.

Terri-Congrats on your boys! Awwww that's great about your son singing. Must have been a wonderful moment for you.

My life is a bit complicated right now so I do not want to go into details.

to do

work on letter to school for a formal request of an IEP to put behavioral support plan in place

talk to husband about $ (can I shop for some Christmas toys now?)

write up questions/concerns for our ABA behavior supervisor (meet on Monday)

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
  13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Thanks Terri for your well wishes on the new apartment. How nice that your son had the opportunity to sing the Star Spangled Banner. It's such a pretty song though quite an undertaking for a young man. No-one in my family (siblings or children) can carry a tune but I can well imagine the intense pride you felt listening to your son.

Thanks to you too Molly, for the well wishes re: the apartment. Though I never imagined starting over at this age (51) here I am, doing just that. I want to focus on the positive and you're right, it will be good for me to make a fresh start.

You're the second person I've heard mention Christmas shopping this week - oh dear - between that and the cold weather of late, there's no avoiding that we're moving into 'that' time of year. I hope the complicating factors in your life aren't too distressing for you and furthermore I hope your meeting goes well on Monday.

I did get out shopping yesterday and I feel all the better for it. I bought a purple comforter for my new bedroom and some lovely veggies for the salad I'm making for tomorrow's dinner. The dinner is at my friend's new apartment, just the two of us. She's recently moved from the apartment she shared with her partner of eight-years and though they're still 'together' the dynamics have obviously changed and so this is a time of transition for her.

Prior to dinner, we're going shopping, then for pedicures, so it will be a full day. I'll have to make sure I get a good night's sleep tonight.

This weekend is Thanksgiving. I don't have any plans so I'll consider tomorrow's dinner my Thanksgiving dinner. Then, on Monday, I'll just have something light.

shower & shampoo
    phone son (30th birthday today!)
    finish collage project

God bless,
    Anne Theresa