What's on your To Do List Oct 8 14th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Oct 7, 2007.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

As per Fight's request, I'll go ahead and start this thread early this week.

Kim, hope you're doing well?

Today hubby and I have thoughts of cleaning out the mold problem in our storage area. It's such a dreaded chore (who wants to go play in the mold) that we usually find more fun things to do but...it needs to be done.

Laundry needs to be finished...water plants.

The weather's beautiful here...high in the 60's but clear blue skies....

Hope we can all have a wonderful week!

Nancy B
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We had a lovely day in Leavenworth, WA on Saturday......check out this cute little Bavarian town on Google.

I'm working on jonagolds now......mostly I'm juicing them and freezing the juice. It's really good juice!

We planted some grapes this weekend, but I haven't done the narcissus yet. I think I'll put a row of them next to the house on the side that doesn't have anything, because the septic is there. They'll probably love it over there!

Another soccer game for the boys today, then Scouts. They do keep us busy!

Take care, everyone!
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I can't be on here too long today. I have a professor coming soon to bring me work. Plus, I have to leave early for a doctor appt. Can you believe I have three dr. appts. this week? Plus, the septic tank guy never came on Friday. He was running late so I had to reschedule for this Thursday. Oh, well, that's life!

We had a nice, relaxing weekend, but it was a hot one. Seems so strange for October. It's hot again today, too. Supposed to be close to 90, but tomorrow it is will be cooler (hopefully).

I am going to see my brother, Jim, this afternoon. I told him I would take him out for ice cream this afternoon. Well, gotta go.

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just stopping by to thank you for prayers and thoughts while we were gone. I'm home, buried in laundry!

Nancy...mold! UGH! Poor DH.

Ellen...enjoy your time with brother. I would like to join you for ice cream...!

Terri...gardening sounds wonderful. Enjoy the soccer and boy scouts while your kids are young...and you are, too! We are very tired after watching our four year old grandson for several days...these old bones are protesting!

Hoping to get a good start on the laundry, just cleaned a bathroom and now have to go upstairs and see what just has to be done and can't wait 'til tomorrow.

Take care, friends. Eager to hear how the wedding went, Kim. Hope you are enjoying a well-earned rest!

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Linda asked me to write and tell everyone she is sorry, but hasn't felt very well the last several days. She is having a spell of fibro, fatigue and allergies. So she hasn't been on the board much lately. Please pray for her to feel better.

I tried my apple parer/corer/slicer yesterday and it worked great! So I put two bags of freezer pie filling in my freezer. We are trying to eat apples and I'll probably give some away- we had 71 pounds of jonagolds!

Sue- it's nice to hear from you. Yes, kids can tire you out, but they are fun! We have one grandchild, but she lives in Alaska, so we only get to see her maybe once a year.

Nancy- be careful with the mold. It could make you sicker......let hubby do it!
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

Terri, thanks for the update on Linda, hope she'll feel better soon.

Hubby and I got off easy on the mold issue. We dressed in old clothes and shoes in case we needed to throw them away and expected to be downstairs for hours, but the problem just went away!!

Hubby opened the window in the laundry/storage room when we found the problem 2 months ago and it all seemed to have dried up and gone away.

We were back in 15 minutes and had the rest of the day to relax.

I seem to be a bit tired from our busy but wonderful weekend, just woke up from a nap and it's 2:00 already so my to do list is short today.

I'm going to cook pork chops and make homemade applesauce for dinner tonight.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Jim and I had a good afternoon together, but I think my husband is right. I do spoil him! He talked me into taking him out for lunch tomorrow afternoon since we didn't do that yesterday. We normally do out for lunch every week. I told him we could, but we have to make it short since I have things to do. But I am enjoying spending time with him now that he is doing better mentally. For such a long time he was so sick and we couldn't do anything. I finally visited my friend that I haven't seen in a couple of months.

Terri: Can you send some apples my way? I never did get to make my applesauce!

Linda: I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Take care and I hope you're better soon!

Sue: Can you believe my brother had two ice cream sundaes? I told him he better not do that too often, especially since he's been putting on weight.

Nancy: I'm glad your mold problem has gone away. I guess opening the window did the trick.

To-do list:

-get my mammogram done
    -pick up prescriptions
    -get bread at the wholesale place
    -drop off dry cleaning
    -pool therapy class
    -vacuum carpet upstairs
    -empty wastebaskets (done)

Have a good day, everyone! See you tomorrow!

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

We had a nice Thanksgiving weekend - just the two of us. We had some good things to eat and rented a few movies, all-in-all we enjoyed a very restful and gratitude-filled couple of days.

Tuesday To-Do

schedule appointments
    put laundry away
    sweep living room
    return phone calls
    gather items for Goodwill
    read, take a nap
    visit with friend

Terry, thanks for letting us know about Linda. I'll say a little prayer for her. 71 lbs. my goodness!

Welcome home, Sue! I hope you're warm and recovered from the snow and bitter cold - amazing - get some rest between all those loads of laundry.

Nancy, I'm so glad you were spared the chore of cleaning up mold. I was worried about you mucking around in it - it's so easy to become sick from mold, especially for people like us (who are already weakened by illness).

Ellen, I'm glad you had a nice visit with Jim. It's great his medication has helped him so much, I hope his wellness remains.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

p.s. if you missed my previous post - I uploaded a recent picture of my sons to my profile. I'll leave it for a day or two so you can all see my darlings.
  9. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Hard to believe that time is flying by so fast...

Had a hard week last week. The sawmill owner called and was very rude and cruel to me...The EPA has came down on him hard over the dust issue.

I thought I was going to have to make a trip to the ER after I got off the phone with him.I had never had a person speak to me that way...not even my husband. But I'm sure he never had a woman respond in the way that I did.

I think that is why I am having such a terrible time this week, the stress has wore me down.

So much I want to get done this week.
    Need to transplant strawberries so hubby can get started on my greenhouse

Went to Lowe's yesterday to get paint to start my fall cleaning, I just done a drive by and said forget it.It'll have to wait til next year. I think dirt is my new favorite color.

laundry...picked up daughter's from college yesterday and got 10 miles down the road today taking it back and remembered I didn't have her key, so I had to turn around and com back home...fibro fog...don't you love it?

Terri...I tried growing grapes once and I didn't have any luck with them. I think it was the clay soil. Sure wish I had some good apple, haven't had any to put in the freezer this year.

Anne Theresa...had to look at the calender for a minute...Glad you had a happy thanksgiving.

Nancy B The mold thing gets kinda ugly, I'm sure you ere very relieved it wasn't so bad.

Linda...Hope you are feeling much better.

CKBall...can you believe what a difference a day makes...the temperature is about 30 degrees cooler today and didn't we need this rain?

Ellen and Sue...glad you guys are all ok.

hope everyone else has a cool pain free week
  10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

That produce sounds sooo good. we used to have an unknown brand of apple that i canned and canned from. Then I froze slices (with peeling on) to fry in the winter. Our kids loved them. I haven't found an apple to replace it.

i also had a grape arbor at one time. i made jelly - all we wanted. Then I made the filling for grape pie. Ever heard of it? It is ornery to make but so good.

it seems as is all i doi is laundry for just the 2 of us. i have been washing up jacket sweaters, 1 at a time. Takes a while.

To do:
    i am having an infected molar taken out tomorrow! i don't look forward to the procedure with the oral surgeon. wish me luck!

Gentle hUGS,

11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Guess what- I am a lapsed oboe player too! But I still play piano and teach, so I think that was more my passion. But I still love the sound of an oboe played well- my daughter also plays oboe!

Today I have to take one of my twins to the doc- he hyperextended his thumb yesterday in a soccer practice. The other twin broke his toe on Sunday- they love us at the doctor's office! Now they can pay their bills! The boys are 12 now.

I've got to make more apple juice today.......
    p.s. If anyone wants my easy freezer apple pie filling recipe, let me know!
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

We are finally having some fall weather here. It rained and really cooled off overnight. I hope it doesn't rain much today or my husband might get sent home early. He's been getting in some good hours this week.

I was so tired when I got home yesterday. I left the house at 7:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 4:00 p.m. Long day for me. Can't do that too often. I took a long nap right away.

Anne Theresa: I saw the pictures of your "little" boys. They are handsome men! When you talk about Thanksgiving in October, I have to remember you live in Canada!

Joan: I don't envy you with an infected molar. Good luck at the dentist tomorrow!

Lacey: Your life sounds pretty hectic right now. You are right-stress will certainly make everything worse.

Kim and Linda: I hope both of you can come back soon-we miss you!

to-do list:

-pizza with Jim
    -groceries (a small shopping list today, thank goodness)
    -vacuum carpet upstairs

13. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I need to take EVERYTHING out of my kitchen. I have to organize all my stuff from the cubbards to somewhere else until my kitchen is done.
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

The recent weather (much rain with temps seeming to fluctuate from summer-hot to winter-cold) has me twisted up like a pretzel today, the worse (as always) is my neck. Because of this, I'll likely spend a good part of my day sitting with the heating pad.

The only thing I must do today is vote; provincial elections are today. The following is a list of what I'd like to accomplish (putting no pressure on myself to complete the list, given the way I feel).

clean kitchen
    sweep/mop living-room floor
    dust desk & dresser
    dust coffee/end tables
    empty wastebaskets
    make phone calls

I hope everyone has a good day.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thank you Linda...hope you start to feel better soon.

There's not much on my to do list this week...I do need groceries and a doc appt for meds, but this is a tricky week with my daughter's med change.

She's not doing particularly well, all the signs are there. She's very up one minute then down the next. She can't sleep (which always gives me a break) from the phone calls and IM's.

I think she knows something is wrong with the meds and she's asked to come over today, so I hope she does. It will be easier on me.

I have a feeling we'll be going through another med change soon.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  16. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning! I've missed each and everyone of you!

The wedding was beautiful, as was our daughter! Of course, I am her mom! LOL It was this past Saturday.

It was a beautiful day, and HOT! Unusual here (IN) this time of year. She was married in an old and small, white chapel, Methodist church. A candle light ceremony.Her reception was gorgeous, thanks to my close friend, who is both florist and event planner. I never could have done all of this, after my stay in the hospital.

If I knew how to post pix, I would. Computer illiterite, here.

DH cried more than I've seen him do so, in 27 years of marriage. It was intimate and a great and fun evening. We feel so blessed.

DD and DSIL are in the St. Thomas Virgin Islands. From the map, I believe it is not good weather. They have each other, which is most important!

Nancy.. I pray your DD does as best she can. I know how changing meds wreaks havoc on one's body and emotional state, as well as those who love us. Please keep us informed. I love your hair!

Terri.. You are the homemaker with the mostest! Every time I read your posts, I salivate! Thank you for keeping us informed regarding Linda. Please her heart. No wonder she is flaring after the past weeks of not knowing how her DH was...

Ellen. I hope all your doctor appointments went well. It is so tiring to have so many in one week. Did you see Dr. Vallance? I HAVE to make an appointment with him, soon! I'm glad you and your brother enjoyed your time together. Keep rested.. Hopefully, our weather will straighten out soon!

Sue.. Welcome home friend! A very busy time for you on your 'vacation'! Do what you feel has to be done and then rest as needed! These are direct order's from 'Dr. Kim'!

Anne Theresa.. Belated Happy Thanksgiving! I'm happy you have a nice weekend! You sound busy, as usual! I hope you are feeling okay.

Lacey.. I'm so sorry about the sawmill owner being so cruel. What a needless way to act. If the EPA is all over him, it is HIS fault, not yours. Oh! I wanted to tell you that the color 'Dirt' is very fashionable for this fall and winter! It is so versitle! Many homes will be sporting this color over the next several months! Take CARE!

Joan.. I was a dental assistant, years ago. I've also had 'hurting' teeth. I hope your extraction goes smoothly and you feel better soon. Did they have you take an antibotic with the tooth being infected? Some do, some don't.

Dh and I leave, in seveal hours, for Indianapolis for two nights. I am meeting a friend, her daughter and another friend, to attend a show we've had tickets for. DH needs to meet with clients, and I get a two night stay with him!

I am exhausted and hurt like crazy after all of the 'wedding' weeks. The damp weather doesn't help. I am going to enjoy myself, no matter what!

To everyone, I wish you well. Both in health, and life in general.

It's so wonderful to be with all of you, again!

Hugs to all,

[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2007]
  17. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, it's Thursday and another weekend is in sight. It was misting when I drove into work this morning. If it rains much harder, my husband will probably have a short day at work.

I'm feeling a little more achy the past couple of days with the change in the weather. My shoulder blades are really hurting. I hope I can get in the pool this afternoon. The warm water will feel good.

Nancy: I'm so sorry your daughter isn't doing so well. Jim was weighed at the doctor this week and he has put on 3 more pounds. The weight gain has slowed down, but the goal, of course, is no weight gain. So his doctor has increased his Topamax. She doubled the dosage. I'm only on 100 mg. and Jim is now on 200 mg.

Linda: I'm so sorry you've been going through such a bad flare-up. I hope you're doing better soon.

Anne Theresa: You take care of yourself and feel better soon. This weather change is hard on us.

To-do list:

-pick up dry cleaning
    -have septic tank cleaned (hopefully the guy will come
    this time. I had to reschedule from last Friday's appt.)
    -pool therapy class (if the septic tank guy doesn't
    interfere with my class)
    -wash yesterday's dishes (done)
    -finish mending my brother's pajamas
    -vacuum kitchen and bathroom

18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So many people feeling poorly! I am so sorry. I must say that the change in the barometer has my aches aching more...if you know what I mean! I wish you all an easing of pain..

I just erased a whole bunch of response and I don't have the energy to redo it...

Read all you notes and pray for a great day.

Need to take some stuff to the thrift store, recover our held mail, make a car appointment, fix dinner, etc.

Must go shopping tomorrow as having son and family over on Monday for dessert. My grandson, son, and husband all had birthdays while we were gone, so I'm baking their favorite cakes on Monday and we'll have one big party.

Have a good day, friends.

19. laceymae

laceymae New Member

The wedding sounds like something from a romance novel...Best wishes to the new couple

20. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I know how difficult posting can be when you're not feeling well, so Linda thanks for making the effort. My heart goes out to you during this terrible flare and I hope you feel better soon.

Nancy, I'm sorry your daughter seems unwell. God bless you for being there to help her through difficult times. As you know, it can take a l-o-n-g time to find an effective medication or combination of meds, then once found, the effectiveness is not always long-lasting. It's much like what we go through with with finding the right medication for FMS etc. though, in the case of mental health issues, it's can be a rather more frightening experience.

Ellen, Hopefully the weather will settle down so we can all feel a bit better. For me, it's the fluctuations, more so than it being hot or cold, that is most disturbing to my system. The dampness also plays havoc.

Molly, it's nice to have a week without appointments isn't it? I'm also appointment-free this week, but for a manicure (a fun appointment!) scheduled for tomorrow. I'm most interested in your experience with lymph node drainage. It's something I may look into for my own self. In what way do you find it helpful?

Oh Kim, the wedding sounds fabulous! I love a candle lit service, there's nothing more sacred and beautiful to me. I wish for your daughter and her new husband, many years of happiness. I hope you enjoy your mini-vacation in Indianapolis. I have a similar (partner's business trip) mini-vacation scheduled for January - we're going to Kentucky - I've never been there before so I'm looking forward.

Sue, did you say cakes, plural? My goodness! You are such a devoted wife, mother, grandmother. I'm sure your family appreciates everything you do. I hope your aches and pains ease up. Enjoy your birthday dinner!

To each and all who post on this thread, I wish for you happy & pain-free days.

To-do List

Left over from yesterday's list is

dust bedroom/office & living-room
    sweep/mop living-room floor

Also, I'd like to

return e-mails
    vacuum hallway
    tidy laundry room
    menu plan & grocery list

God bless,
    Anne Theresa