What's on Your To Do List? Sept 10 thru 16

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Sep 10, 2007.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I didn't see the to-do list, so I decided to post it myself. So how it everyone doing after their busy weekend? My weekend turned out to be pretty quiet, at least the last half of it was. Saturday I spent mostly at home. My father-in-law was alone all weekend so we had him over for dinner on Saturday.

Saturday night I had more pain and didn't sleep well so I Sunday was a lost cause. Sunday night was a repeat of Saturday night, but I am here at work today. Fortunately it's been pretty quiet today so I am surviving my morning.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am. Here is my to-do somewhat short to-do list:

-go to my brother's psychiatrist appt.
    -take a long nap
    -fix dinner

Take care, everyone.

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello Ellen and to those who follow. My weekend was extremely restful. I read a novel and watched a few movies.

make bed, tidy room
    empty wastebaskets
    clean washroom & kitchen
    shower & shampoo
    phone insurance co. to iron-out a (hopefully minor) glitch with my prescription drug coverage
    make dinner-theatre reservations
    return phone-calls
    weight-watcher's meeting

Wishing everyone a good day!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Ellen...sorry you felt so badly this last weekend...hope things are better today. Let us know how the appointment goes with your brother. How is he doing, anyway? I know it has been a long road with him. My best to you all.

Glad your weekend was so good, Anne Theresa! You've had your share of feeling rotten lately so glad it was your turn for a reprieve.

We got our plans submitted, enjoyed sharing Jim's daughter's birthday with her and her family. Grandson Ben is just a delight! Daughter Jennifer is pregnant...had a terrible time with Ben, was pregnant between this and Ben...lost the baby...and now she is terribly sick again. She just has a hard time.

But, she is better than the other times. She looks and acts sick, but not so deathly sick as she did the other two times. She is going to a doctor instead of a midwife this time...some good medicines are helping...but she is still really sick. Poor dear. We are praying everything come out well this time. Sure enjoyed being with them.

House plans are submitted! Now, get this place ready to put on the market. Doing some things on our list today.

Cut this off now. Take care, each one.

Kim, glad you're home and have a wonderful time at the shower tonight, I think. How exciting all this must be.

Have a psychiatrist's appointment tomorrow...hope there is some help. Depression is bad...so is sweating from AD's...just can't take that!

Best to all,
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

I can't help but think of the terrorist attacks six years ago and those who lost loved ones. I'm always glad when this date passes by and I'm sure others are, too.

Thanks to those who asked about my brother. He is doing pretty well, but was weighed yesterday and has now gained 30 pounds from the Seroquel. It just makes him so hungry. I am on Topamax, which helps control my appetite. Jim agreed with me to take the Topamax and told his doctor he will. Sometimes he threatens to go off all his meds, but so far he is staying on them.

I am doing better today. I slept better last night-no hip pain, thank goodness. Anyone here have pain in their hips? It makes it so hard to sleep.

Sue: I'm so glad you have made some progress in your house plans. I hope you are able to make some headway in your treatment for your depression. I didn't know that the anti-depressant could cause sweating. I guess that would explain all the sweating I do. When I do the least exertion, I perspire so easily.

Linda: I'm sorry you still don't have any answers on your husband's medical problem. I have never heard of Valley Fever, but I am assuming it must not be too serious since you were disappointed he didn't have it. I hope you get some answers soon.

My to-do list:

-vacuum carpeted areas
    -empty wastebaskets
    -pool therapy class
    -Spanish noodles for dinner

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

We've had a shift in the weather and so this morning has been difficult with pain.

I have my usual housework chores to do (it never ends, does it?), then if my headache eases, I'll read for a while, possibly take a nap.

I hope to feel well enough to go to the mall with my friend this evening.

God bless you on this sad anniversary,

Anne Theresa

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all...

Ellen, hope you're feeling better soon...So your brother's gained 30# on the Seroquel already? Just a warning, it probably won't stop...and it doesn't even seem to level off with time.

My daughter's been put back on her full dose for the time being...she's bordering on the edge of a crash, has been taking too many meds lately. Hope we get this straightened out soon.

Anne Theresa, sorry about your headaches, it's how I spent my day yesterday too although I was able to sew 3 pr of jammy pants.

My plans are minimal again today although I did have fun sewing yesterday. I hope to go to base later today (it has to be after 3:00, which is really hard for me) to pick up my mail and grab some craisins for snacks.

This is not my favorite week of the year...after the anniversary of 9-11 comes the anniversary that my Mom died 2 years ago on the 13th.....

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Ellen- my mom has had a lot of hip pain the last few months. She had it x-rayed, and it has really degenerated due to arthritis. But she has started some physical therapy, and it's really helping her to have movement and more strength in the hip.

Linda- I'll be praying for you and your husband....

I have been picking apples lately. Remember, I'm the fruit lady? We have already picked 50+ pounds and we still have two trees to go. I'm juicing them raw and freezing the juice. It's a bit tart, but really good.

We're having really nice, warm weather. We have a lot of yellowjackets, but otherwise, it's nice.

Take care, all!
  8. solarStar

solarStar New Member

Grrr lol.

Lets see if I can remember everything. lol I might just come back here to make sure I dont miss anything! lmao

Finish unpacking clothes and the rest of the house.
    Touch up paint job in laundry/entry.
    Get kitchen organized the way I want it!
    Scrub all floors and bathrooms as well.
    Cancel utilities on the old house now that we are completely out.
    Hang more blinds.
    Finish sewing curtians for entry/laundry and kitchen.
    Wash beding.
    Grocery Shoping on Friday as well as paying bills.
    Garbage out tomorow.
    Take cat to get fixed.
    Dust and clean windows throught the house.
    Vacuumm every room agian.
    Hang pictures and put up shelves and nick knacks.

WEll this list could go on longer but these are the most important ones as our house-warming party is the 23rd.lol It has to at least look presentable lol

Have a good and painfree week to all and Godbless.
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Is there anyone who could help you with your cleaning? That's a heavy "to-do" list! Do you have a friend who could help you get the house ready?
  10. solarStar

solarStar New Member

I WISH! lol No I really dont have anyone that can help now because the school year started here last week and almost all my friens and relatives are teachers or work in the school in one capacity or another!

It is actually going faster than I thought because I now only have my youngest (2) at home durring the day because Jos started Kindergarden last week, and Milla still takes at least a 2 hour nap everyday!

I will write back later and tell you all what I have done so far...hopefully.lol

Blessings and Prayers

p.s. Everyone did try to help as much as possible in August witht the painting and remodeling and everything.lol Too bad it took much longer than anticipated and I couldnt have their help to move in as well!
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It really got cold last night. It was 50 degrees when I got up this morning. A prelude of things to come.

Star: Just reading your to-do list made me tired! There's no way I could do half of it. Welcome to our little group.

Terri: I have never made apple juice, but I would love to make applesauce again. I haven't done it in several years, but I make it the way my mother did. Better than the stuff you buy in the stores. And it's sugar free. I can feel for your mother with the hip pain. I'm just thankful I haven't had it as often as I did.

Nancy: Jim seems to be gaining about 10 pounds a month. I am hopeful that the Topamax will counteract that, but from what your daughter has experienced, I wonder. And Jim isn't good at trying to control himself. And he has been doing so well mentally on the Seroquel. Maybe his doctor will have a solution. I'm sorry your daughter is not doing as well. I know what you mean by these anniversaries. My mother died on October 12. I was so glad she didn't die on Oct. 13, which was my parents' wedding anniversary. I have found it gets easier with time, but I still miss both of my parents every day, especially when I'm having a harder time with Jim.

To-do list:

-lunch with Jim
    -vacuum kitchen and bathroom
    -rest and read magazines
    -mend a nightgown
    -BLT's for dinner

Take care, everyone. Talk to you tomorrow.

12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Linda...so surprised to hear the results of your husband's tests...will keep him in my prayers and YOU, too! Yes, had my thyroid checked and it was too high...lowered the dose of med. I take for it.

Went to psychiatrist yesterday, and because of my depression, we decided that I should go back on Effexor. I hated to do it, but I have had so little energy and so little desire to do anything since I started this quest to rid myself of AD's, I am looking forward to maybe feeling better again soon. We'll see.

Mail some important letters
    Clean room
    Put laundry away

Don't really have a list right now...just whatever my hand finds to do...sounds Biblical because it is. (-:

Anyway, take care, each of you.

13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Star! I hope you find the to-do list thread to be a helpful tool for organizing your day, setting goals & priorities and, most importantly, giving and receiving encouragement & support from others with FM/ME/CFS.

It's almost dinner-time and I'm only now beginning to get over my 'morning stiffness' and feel able to move about. I've been taking it easy; reading for most of the day, talking to my kids on the phone, watching TV etc. Finally, I did a quick pick-up & swipe of the house and thankfully, I have left-overs I can nuke for our dinner.

There are a few things that need to be done and so after dinner (which - lately - has been the time of day that I feel most energetic), I'll do the following:

-water indoor plants
    -wash bedding
    -sort out medications
    -sweep floors
    -wipe down kitchen garbage can
    -clean fish bowl, freshen water
    -go for a walk

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hubby should be coming home tonight so I've planned to put a roast in for dinner.

I want to sew a bit today, got a bunch of fabrics in the mail yesterday...

I need to vacuum even though the housekeeper is coming tomorrow, it's hard to wait it out. Can't stand the rug with threads on it from cutting jammy pants patterns.

I should wash my bedding today too, but may wait for hubby to be home so we can turn the mattress. I only do it myself if I'm feeling really energetic. (And it's too early in the morning to tell)

And Ellen, yes amazingly my daughter did really well on the Seroquel too, it's the weight problems and the health issues that go along with it that cause all of the problems.

Now that she's back on her full dosage, I worry more. I'm hoping she won't become diabetic from the weight gain since she's a recovering 'cutter'...the thought of her needing to do a blood glucose test a few times a day just makes me shudder.

Linda, how's your husband feeling lately? Any better?

Star, the house looks wonderful, the list of things to do looks exhausting. Take it a step at a time and remember to take care of yourself too.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, the weekend is within sight. I'm looking at my calendar for next week and realize how busy it is getting. Sunday we are going to a play. Monday, I have to drive to Ann Arbor right after work for an appt. with the FMS doctor, Tuesday I am having lunch with a friend, Weds. another friend just asked me to have lunch, Thursday I have my gynecological exam, and I guess I will have to fit Jim in on Friday, plus all the normal stuff I do. But I hate to reschedule the lunch dates-they are friends I haven't seen in months. I didn't think about the doctor appts. when I accepted the lunch dates. Oh, well. I guess we will do more TV dinners for dinner next week.

Nancy: I didn't know your daughter is a cutter. That must be such a worry for you. That's one thing Jim will never be. He would worry about blood getting all over him and everything else. How does her husband handle her problems? She is lucky to have him.

Anne Theresa: I know what you mean by the morning stiffness lasting all day. I have that in my neck and shoulders all the time.

Sue: Why don't you want to go back on the Effexor? It sounds like it helped with your depression. Did it give you bad side effects like weight gain? I hope you can get through this depression soon. I remember how I felt when I was depressed. You don't feel like doing anything.

To-do list:

-fold laundry
    -get groceries
    -pool therapy class
    -re-fill bird feeders

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I didn't do anything on yesterday's to-do list, opted instead to watch a movie. We have a TV channel that plays old movies (30's & 40's) and I'm hooked.

So today, I'll whittle away on yesterday's list. Sweetie is home (his holidays start today) and so he can help.

As well, I need to shower & shampoo and get myself uptown for a manicure. I need to pack for our trip, make a note for my father-in-law who will be caring for our pets (cat, rabbit, turtle, fish) over the next couple of days, and make-up some pill dispensers.

I'm so looking forward to this little holiday and spending time with my sweetie and sons.

I wish each of you a wonderful weekend!

God bless
    Anne Theresa

17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi All!

I am back on Effexor as of two days ago, Ellen. The reason I went off was because I was afraid of the side effects of going off...and they were awful...but, I lived. And depression has dragged me down to just barely doing what has to be done...no energy, no interests.

So, I'm back on it and looking forward to feeling brighter soon.

All those apples! Wow, Terri! I'll bet it really tastes good in the dark winter...like a taste of spring. I applaud your stamina.

Get a present
    Make a meat loaf
    Clean out my closet. Need to get rid of some things I will never wear again...we are going to have to move soon so I had best get going.

Take care, each one.

Linda, how is hubby?

18. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I really enjoyed this post but for some reason, I haven't been on for a long time. Things have been busy/

Sue: I have been on Effexor since Mayo Clinic in Rochester told me that Effexor was my last resort. I could not toleragte any of the other meds. I wenet on slowly and got along OK. My BP did skyrocket wh3n I upped my dose. i am getting along wonderfully with it and fully expect to be on it FOREVER.!!!!

Thur - what did I do? Nothing important. Took the trash can to the street.

Changed from summer to winter purses.

added deck chair to trash.

put summer purses away on high shelf.

Added more to trash can.

Brought it in from street.

Went u pstairs and took sonme summer clothes up; brought down some winter. (It was 44 thiis a.m.)

Now, as you can read, i did nothing important but the trip upstairs exhauste4d me!!

i will try to visit more often, hopefully, everyu day.

Gentle Hugs to all

lilac (Joan)
  19. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Welcome back! About your purses- my method consists of emptying out wrappers and things when my purse starts feeling too heavy! I use one constantly for about a year, when it usually breaks or looks shabby, then I get a new one for my birthday! Leather does seem to wear better.......

I have no idea what dinner will be, but I am thinking a stir fry. We had zucchini soup last night, and I posted the recipe on a separate thread. It is delicious- I suppose it's from the bit of bacon in it. It has a bacon taste. But one could make it with "healthy" bacon and it would probably be just as good.

Take care, everyone!
  20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

The roast was wonderful, hubby's home now and I had a great day yesterday. Got everything done on my list and then some. That's a first for me!!! Even made new kitchen curtains...

Ellen, my daughter 'was' a cutter but has only done 1 cut since a year ago in May. That's huge for her since when she did it before, she didn't even leave a space on her arms or legs (which ever she chose that particular time)

She's been doing so well on the Seroquel that it really changed her life...but the weight gain and hypothyroid have changed it too.

Linda, thanks so much for the prayers...I made it through the day very well by keeping busy and celebrating life. And I made myself another new pair of jammy pants too. One of the fabrics I got in the mail was just too pretty to pass up, although I bought it with someone else in mind.

Sue, I'm on Effexor as well and really don't want to go off of it due to the problems that involves. I'll probably take it forever too.

My housekeeper is coming today so I'm not sure what I'll be doing although making more jammy pants for family and friends is a possibility.

Hugs all,

Nancy B

OK Linda, this one's for you...take a peek in my profile but please remember that it was 6:00 in the morning....and I take horrible pictures.

[This Message was Edited on 09/13/2007]