What's on your "To Do" List Sept 15 to 21st?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 14, 2008.

  1. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all....

    We had a very busy Sat moving Katy's furniture pieces back into the house and moving furniture around to help it fit. I still have a few odds and ends to find room for but I was amazed that we were able to get so much done in one day.

    Someone asked if Katy is sick...yes she is. She's being dx with Fibro but we already knew that from a few years ago. She has a consult with a rhuemy coming up at the end of this month for confirmation.

    It was kind of funny, the doctor told her what he thought with proper intensity that this dx deserves, but we just poo-poohed it because with Katy, it still goes way down on the list of our priorities.

    Grammy, sounds like you've had some very busy times lately. Don't forget to rest up and take care of yourself.

    Ellen, I'm sorry you're going through so many changes at work. I hope you get to keep your benefits.

    Hope to hear from our missing friends this week.


  2. sorekitty

    sorekitty New Member

    I don't remember when I last wrote. It has been a while. Our family has been under a lot of stress but we at least see the light at the end of the tunnel. My FIL had a severe stroke 1 year and 9 months ago. He has been in a nursing home nearby and my MIL still lives in their home nearby. A lot of responsibility is on my dh and me. It has been very hard on us. My MIL had ankle surgery in June and hasn't been able to walk. My dh has spent hours and hours helping them.

    We are still waiting to hear when they will start the in-home therapy for our son. We just got a service coordinator assigned to us. I hope we can hang in there a little longer! We are supposed to start respite care soon. This means someone will come in and dh and me can go on a date. We haven't gone out just the two of us in a long time.

    I'm still on the rotation/elimination diet and am doing okay. Dr wants me to stay on it a long while.

    Nancy~ Hopefully you didn't overdo it with the move. Sounds like you are all getting settled which is nice. Sorry she has fibro. Hope she is doing well though.

    Grammy~ It is nice and cool here too. We have a lot of fog today. It is supposed to warm up this afternoon and next few days. Enjoy your peaceful day.

    To do:

    Phone calls~Dr appt, Autism Society

    Shop~halloween costume. Indiana Jones (lol)

    Clean house~laundry, sweep, put away toys and new sheets in ds room

    Menu plan~Plan meals and write grocery list.


  3. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    Nancy and Molly- you both have a lot on your plates. I hope things settle down for both of you soon.

    Ellen, Linda, Grey- write when you get a chance.

    I wonder how Lenore is doing? Hopefully we'll hear from her soon!

    Grammy- happy anniversary to you and your hubby.....did you do anything special?

    Anne Theresa- how are you doing? I'm thinking of you because my son is making a trip up to Canada soon to see his girlfriend. She lives in B.C. and for him it will be a 5 1/2 hour trip. The biggest road trip he's done has only been 40 miles from home, so say a prayer for him, will you? Thanks.

    To do:
    Piano students
    Vaccuum (I'll do that BEFORE the students arrive!)

  4. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Hi, Girls:

    As usual, my life is crazy. Today I am moving back into Mahan Hall into my old job. Which isn't bad as I liked my old job, except I do lose six hours and the husband isn't happy about that.

    There were fireworks at our house this past weekend and I don't mean pretty ones, either. Harry is really upset at me losing the six hours. He thinks I should have taken the social work job even if I was miserable at it and even if I felt I couldn't do it mentally (which I did). He says we can't always be comfortable and there are more things important than being comfortable, which is money. Even when I told him that the professors told me they didn't want me for the job and they were told they were under order to have me be their secretary it still didn't matter to him. I told him that the job was more administrative and that I felt the social work certification reports might be too difficult for me with my FMS concentration and other mental problems.

    Harry said that we have bills to pay and that should have been my first priority. I told him that it wasn't that I didn't already have a job. That I had only looked into this job as a means to make my day busier. And that I couldn't have known that Dr. Nesbary's final decision would be to have me go back to Mahan and I would lose six hours of work a week.

    Then Harry said he wants me to make up the six hours by working six hours on the weekends! He wants me to work three hours on Saturday and three hours on Sunday. What kind of a job would I be able to find. It probably wouldn't pay much and it wouldn't be worth the gas money either. It would probably be a restaurant job and I can't stand three hours and I can't be a waitress because of the brain fog I wouldn't be able to remember people's food orders. And besides, I deserve to have a day off and I'm not going to wear myself off to please him. And we need weekends for couple time. (although right now I don't really want much couple time).

    I told Harry's mother this story and even she (who hates to take sides) had to agree this didn't make sense. I saw my counselor yesterday who said that he is really coming down hard on me.

    But I'm staying calm and not letting him get to me. The other day he started in on the cats and how expensive they are and I brought up all the money he spends at McDonalds. He said that he has to because no one fixes him breakfast. I had to laugh at him he sounded so pathetic. I told him that the last time I checked he was able bodied! He has nothing to say to that.

    We did manage to have a pretty good day on Saturday and had some romantic time, but most of the weekend he had a major flare-up of a cold sore and said he didn't feel well.

    After our disagreement on Sunday, he went to his parents on Sunday as he usually does to say how mean I am to him. That's when I went over and gave my side of the story. I think I opened my in-laws' eyes a little.

    Molly: I know how hard it is caring for the elderly. I went for years caring for my elderly mother. My father was sick, too, but he didn't linger on like my mother did. That's great that you and your husband finally had some alone time. That's so important for couples, especially when you have children.

    Grammy: So how's the redbud project going? Pretty muddy, I bet!

    Nancy: I'm so sorry that Katy has been diagnosed with FMS. She has enough health problems without that, too. But, of course, we know how FMS does run in families. I bet you are glad that the moving is done.

    To-do list:

    -pool therapy class
    -empty dishwasher
    -catch up on reading newspapers

    That's it for me! Talk to everyone tomorrow (if they get my computer hooked up in the new building!)

  5. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all.....

    Sorry, my mind blanked out, I'm watching the Oprah on child abuse....omg it's horrifying.

    I'm so sorry we're all going through such a rough time right now. We sure could use Lenore back with some happy news on the wedding and honeymoon!

    Anne Theresa, I'm worried that since we're not hearing from you that your trip might have been a bit much.

    Molly, I hope that you get the help that you need soon. I'm sure you could use a night out with very few worries.

    And thanks Terri, we're all hoping things will settle down soon but I don't see that happening....wishful thinking though!

    Today Katy and I ran a bunch of errands on base, but there's still so much to be done. Once all the little things get done then we'll start on the big things like the legal battles we'll face trying to get guardianship and insurance for Katy. That's gonna take a miracle.

    Ellen, I honestly don't know what to say about Harry anymore but you're a much nicer person than I am. He's a very lucky man and just doesn't know it.

    Hugs all,

  6. AnneTheresa

    AnneTheresa Member

    Hello ladies, I posted Monday & Tuesday, now I see neither post went through. Hopefully, I'll do better this time.

    My lost posts detailed my wonderful trip & ensuing exhaustion. I don't have time to re-write at the moment (appointment upcoming) so for now, suffice it to say, we had a lovely time. I came home exhausted, stayed in bed for almost 3 days to recoup (nice that I can do that). I feel good, well-rested and happy today.

    I'm going to an optometrist's appointment today so getting dressed & out the door is the main order of business. After my appointment, I'll stop at the pharmacy to pick up a few things. Then, when I get home:

    - read & rest
    - make bed / change bedding
    - clean cat's area
    - swiffer floors
    - empty wastebaskets
    - dust bookshelf
    - make dinner

    God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Good Morning all,

    I was a bit worried when I saw we had over 39,000 replies to the post today but it appears to be a glitch. Thank Goodness I don't have to answer back to all of them!

    Anne Theresa, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip and could rest when you got back home and needed to.

    I'm hoping for a simple day today, my housekeeper comes and I still have a few things to put away from furniture moving day to make the house look right again.

    Hugs all,


    Just an update, we played hooky today and didn't help the housekeeper, for the first time in a long time...we went and got a piece of business done, then just shopped, had lunch out and shopped some more. All fun stuff.

    We've been working so hard for so long it felt wonderful just to take a day for ourselves and NOT do what we were supposed to do although I did get a bunch of things organized this morning before we left.

    Wow, I really needed that!![This Message was Edited on 09/18/2008]
  8. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    Good luck with the Dallas traffic, Grammy! I'm with you- hope to have hubby drive so you can close your eyes!

    Anne Theresa- good to hear from you. Wonder where those missing posts went? Floating out somewhere in cyber space? Take care of yourself and let me know how your Weight Watcher's is going. I have lost a total of 6.4 pounds- yay!

    Part of what is helping me lose is all the fresh fruit we've had. I'm not baking with it- just eating it fresh. I miss the baking, of course, but we had to make some changes. Yesterday we went to a U pick close by, and we came home with a box of nectarines, a box of galas, and a box of Asian pears. I guess Asian pears are quite good dehydrated, so I may try that. I don't think we'll be able to eat it all soon enough!

    Sorry this is short- I've got to make some lunches.
    Happy thursday-
  9. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    Well, I am pretty much moved in to my new office. Or I guess I should saw my former old office. It feels good to be back here, but it is different since it is a theatre and art building now and most of the old professors I worked for are no longer here. It's much quieter here now, too! I wish there was a little more activity. They are really keeping me busy. Plus, I'm still helping out at the old job until a replacement is found. So I have my hands full.

    Harry was gone for a day and a half on his job. They sent him to Niagara Falls, New York. He called me a couple of times. Believe it or not, I think he actually missed me! I have to admit it, but I enjoyed the separation time. I didn't have him picking on me, which was nice.

    I went to the eye doctor yesterday and just in a couple of weeks, my eyes have changed again. Not a lot, but still there was a change in my prescription. I have 60 days to exchange my glasses so I don't have to buy new lenses. Driving at night is out or even at dusk. Cars that are gray or silver bland into the pavement, making it difficult for me to see them. So I have to be very careful. Hopefully the opthamalogist have help me before the days of winter are upon us with darkness in the mornings when I drive to work.

    Yesterday I was so tired that I slept most of the afternoon and evening when I finally got home.

    Sorry I'm not responding to everyone personally today, but I should be getting back to work and my big project.

    To-do list:

    -pool therapy class


  10. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    Ellen- I'm glad you had a little "alone" time.....it really does me good.

    We got to see some friends from Alaska last night.....I took some fruit along and they enjoyed it. I hate to be bragging, but we have such great fruit in this state!

    To do:
    Find doctors for Mother- she'll be here in 9 days
    Pick tomatoes
    Walk the track

    Have a good weekend, all!
  11. greygodess

    greygodess New Member

    Not alot this week. Just the same old stuff. Waiting for some grandkids to show up. I asked for the two oldest grandaughters (cousins) to spend the night and my son asked if we would watch the grandson for a few hours. Tomorrow I'll also have the 15 month old, Lulu and I was thinking of taking the 3 girls to the zoo. It seemed like a good idea at the time but since last night I haven't had a lot of energy and am achy. I definitely don't feel like watching Lulu. Love her to death but she gets into everything and I mean everything. But my husband needs our son to help with a job so I will.

    That's about all the exciting stuff from this end. I did see 3 deer at the nature center. Two grown and a fawn. Someone wrote that they had seen 6 at one time. They come and go.

    Terri: Hope your son has a cell phone. That's how I handled my son driving from Washington state to Arizona. He was older but a mother still worries. Godbless

  12. hugs4evry1

    hugs4evry1 New Member

    Hi all,

    Sorry not to respond to all but I've got two home made pizzas in the oven.

    I've been busy around the house the last few days getting so many little things done that have been bothering me since I hurt my leg.

    I've sewn new kitchen curtains, and jammies for hubby and daughter.

    I've organized stuff, found things I was looking for and even finally got around to oiling my cutting board. All little things like that but they make such a huge difference in how I view the house.

    It's been in such an uproar for so long...imagine not being able to walk for 2 months, then all the problems that came along after that and you can tell, I had a lot to do.

    Bit by bit, it's getting less stressful around here....not so many hundreds of things on the 'to do' list....it's finally all coming together and I'm so happy.

    Hubby's blood work came out ok, a few things off but the doc ignored them. He thinks hubby's depressed, we'll see...it's not out of the realm of possibility with all that's been going on.

    Hugs all,

  13. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    My son made it fine to Canada....he only had to wait for a line at the border crossing, but that was his only delay. Yes,Grey, he had a cell phone. I made sure of it!

    A lady told me to come and pick her grapes so I'm making grape jam today......