What's on your 'To Do List' Sept 24th 30th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 23, 2007.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

This week started with Linda's good news that her husband doesn't have cancer....let's hope it follows with a wonderful week for us all.

I'm taking a light day today. I'll water my plants and tidy up the home a bit.

Hopefully I'll get to make my regular weekly phone call to my friend in Tampa this afternoon. Last week's call didn't happen.

I bought season 2 of Ghost Whisperer and hope to catch up on some episodes I missed when we didn't have our tv yet in the new house.

Here's to a peaceful, painless and quiet week!

Nancy B
  2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Hard to believe this is the last week of Sept...I hope our temps start cooling off. Record breaking 90s, Usually in the 70s this time of year here.

Julie...What a beautiful name for a baby. We had a new baby in the family last year, i was so amazed at all the new gadgets they have now...

Linda...prayers were answered...I know what a relief it is. hopefully you can relax now a little and feel better yourself.

Nancy...I hope your week goes good and you can just do the "relaxing" thing...wish I good get my body to relax and take it easy for one day.

gonna try not to overdo it this week...
    take down hummingbird feeders...sad to see them go
    clean out some junk for the fall clean-up week we have each year ...

get car tags for daughter's vehicle
    bank and store.

have a good week everyone and I have missed being here the last week.

CKBall...hope you are having some better days, hopefully the weather will cool off this week and you and the girls can cruise a little...

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Another new week again. Where does the time go? We are having so many warm, sunny days, but it is getting pretty dry out. I had a pretty restful weekend-something I really needed.

Sue: Have a good time on your trip. Hope Felix is being a good kitty.

Linda: I thought of you over the weekend and prayed for you in church. I am so glad it all turned out so well! Now you can relax. By the way, I also saw The Brave One and really liked it.

Kim: sounds like you are really busy with your family and especially with your daughter's wedding so close.

Nancy: Yes, your daughter and her husband do need to work together with her health problems. I hope you can get a chance to rest now.

I see we have some new people here-welcome!

Okay-here's my to-do list for today:

-make three phone calls
    -mend a blouse
    -have lunch with two friends (the lunch that got cancelled
    last week)
    -relax and read magazines

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

My energy level has been so low, it feels like I was glued to the bed/recliner over the weekend, as well as all of last week. I have a weight-watchers meeting today and I'm looking forward. Our leader is so enthusiastic/energetic that a bit of her temperament is sure to rub off on me.

I have some tidying up to do before I leave the nest (make the bed, put laundry away, clean kitchen counters & sinks, etc.)and then, after I come home and nuke something for dinner, I plan to watch TV. My fave show (Dr. Who) is on tonight.

I hope everyone's day is a good one.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all....Molly good to see you posting here and welcome.

Anne Theresa, sorry you're not feeling well again, hopefully this too will pass.

Today starts the week of the World Championship Bike race so I won't be going anywhere until next Monday, because I can't leave my street!!

Started raining this morning which is a shame, we've had some beautiful weather the past few days.

So I'll just be piddling around the house today...hopefully sewing some more.

Need to call my SIL and have a talk with him. A friend of mine brought up some very interesting info on my daughter that I need to share with him and discuss options. It sounds so silly and I can't believe I never caught on, but her dirty laundry is a trigger to her....

And if you all don't mind, I'd like to share a wonderful recipe for Tomatoe Soup that I got from a recent Woman's Day magazine...delicious and soooo easy to make.

2 tbs butter
    Chopped green onions (I used about 3 or 4)
    1 28ounce can of crushed tomatoes
    14 oz can of Chicken broth
    1 can of tomatoe paste (mine said Pesto)

That's it...and it tastes like restaurant tomatoe soup.

The recipe called for fresh Dill but I didn't have any. Since I had the tomatoe paste (pesto) I didn't even need to flavor this soup, it was simply wonderful all by itself.

The options for this are endless....french bread and cheese on top, any favorite herb added, parmesian (sp) cheese, croutons etc....and it took about 5 minutes to make!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It's a pretty quiet morning here at work and I feel really sleepy. I don't like it when it gets so quiet and I don't have as much to do. But that's the way my job goes. Feast or famine.

We are finally getting a little rain this morning, but not enough, unfortunately. It is really humid.

So far I've had six people with FMS call me about my article in the newspaper. They wanted information and some wanted to talk, too. So that has made me feel good that I was able to help.

To-do list:

-finish vacuuming
    -pool therapy class
    -read and relax
    -pick more tomatoes

7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- your soup sounds really good! I made a huge pot of chili on Sunday, so we are working on that. The boys like sour cream in theirs.....fattening!

Linda- yes, the boys were as shocked as I've ever saw them when the doc drank the "urine" specimen......it was really funny! I had guessed what he was up to by that time, since he is fond of jokes. Our eye doc (also a jokester) once told my boys that if you pick up a hamster by the tail, their eyes will pop out. We all sat there and took this info in, when the nurse passed me a note, saying "Hamsters have no tails." So it was another joke on us- poor gullible people.

Anne Theresa- I have done W.W. in the past, and I need to get going to the meetings again. I need the accountability of stepping on the scale in front of someone. They are happy if you even lose one pound.

I hope everyone else is enjoying some fall weather-
    Hugs, Terri
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I've been moving slow today but I've pretty much finished my daily chores and now I'm ready for a nap. After my nap, I'll read a bit then get ready to go out to the dollar store with my friend.

When I get home from my outing, I'm going to phone my sons (after such a wonderful visit last weekend, my nest feels acutely empty), then I'll watch TV until sweetie gets home from his (evening) shift.

I'm still very fatigued (somewhat discombobulated) but I'm just going with the flow, not pushing myself, resting more than usual and doing my best to keep my spirits up.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

More of the same for me today....

I've cut a bunch of patterns for the jammies so I can sew at my leisure....sometimes hard to do when I have to eat every 2 hours.

I got caught up on a bunch of piddly little things yesterday and hopefully can do the same today.

Btw, that soup that I mentioned freezes well too. Just finished a bowl that I had frozen and it tasted just as fresh as before.

Terri, I use fat free sour cream and can't even tell the difference anymore. Good thing I do, cause I like it in my chili too!!

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2007]
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, we didn't get much rain yesterday or last night, so I guess I will have to water my flowers today.

This looks like it will be another slow day at work, which means the time will drag. I hate that. I like to be busy, but not rushed.

Nancy: Your tomato soup recipe looks easy, but I have to confess to not really liking tomato soup that much. I buy tomato soup, but use it in recipes like spaghetti sauce. I know-that sounds weird. I'm not really a picky person either.

Anne Theresa: I always have days of moving slow after I've had a flare-up. Take care and I hope you get some energy back soon.

Terri: You sure have some fun-loving doctors! I love the story of the hamsters and the eyes popping out! He would have fooled me, too, as I didn't know that hamsters don't have tails. I've never had a hamster as a pet.

To-do list:

-have lunch with Jim today
    -get my hair cut
    -water flowers unless it rains (not likely)
    -dust upstairs
    -BLT's for dinner

11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Another busy day today-

Take the boys to band- they homeschool, but we want them to have the experience of being in a band. So I take them every day.

Waiting for the jonagolds to ripen.....we have some lovely apples on the trees, but they're not quite ready. I got a new parer/corer thingy that you clip onto the counter and start peeling like nobody's business......

Mending and teaching.....

Check on my dad's progress with his diabetes. He's undergoing hyperbaric treatments to hopefully help some ulcers heal on his feet.

I hope you're all having a good day.
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, we finally had some rain last night, but I'm sure we could use more. I went out in the garden the other day and picked broccoli, tomatoes and a few zucchini squash. We get so much produce out of our little garden.

Terri: You talking about apples, reminds me that I would really like to make applesauce again. My mother used to make it and it was so good. She used the sweeter apples like McIntosh so she didn't need sugar and also put cinnamon in for extra flavor. She also left a few chunks in when cooking. It's so much better than the kind in the stores. I haven't made it in a few years. I am thinking of picking some apples this weekend and then making the applesauce a little at a time as I have the energy and time.

To-do list:

-pick up gift card for co-worker who is retiring
    -pool therapy class
    -will use some tomatoes and zuchinni from the garden
    for dinner tonight

13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Rachel Ray has a great recipe for apple sauce that I use and it's pretty quick too. Only has 8 or 9 ingredients and I'm trying to remember them all.

A little olive oil
    Apples (chopped peels included)
    Lemon juice (1/2 lemon squeezed to keep them from browning)
    Small chunk of ginger (to be removed after cooking)
    Golden Raisins,
    Apple juice or cider

I do most of her recipes to taste, a pinch of this, a taste of that...sometimes I make a huge bunch of this, sometimes I only use a few apples.

Goes great with pork chops...a little apple juice or cider to deglaze the pan and it's just wonderful.

Another boring day for me, I'm going to be stir crazy by Monday when we can finally leave!!!

Nancy b
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Last evening, I went to the movies with sweetie. We saw Stardust - it was a lovely film! Afterward, we had coffee and dessert, then went a nice walk. It was a perfectly enjoyable evening, made all the more special because it was a spontaneous outing, in response to my feeling relatively well.

The feelings of wellness carried into today and so I took advantage and had a relatively active day. First, I went for an already-scheduled manicure appointment, then, instead of coming directly home as I usually do, I went to my favourite consignment shop. I found a nice sweater-set and a very elegant & flowing, top & pants set which, with the right accessories, will be ideal for Christmas.

After the consignment store, I went to the pharmacy and bought some new cosmetics, including a new shade of lipstick.

After all that, I'm exhausted but I feel utterly pampered.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

More of the same for me today...although I've caught up with the back log of jammy pants for everyone since I didn't have time to sew for months with the moving and packing.....everybody needed new ones.

Being stuck at the house is a mixed blessing....hubby and I plan to catch up on projects that have been waiting like re-doing our storage to fix the mold problems and getting rid of the boxes, repacking in plastic containers this weekend.

Linda...I haven't seen my daughter this week since there's no way in or out of our street for most of the day. But I have talked to her on the phone and she said she feels very level which is a good thing.

If she doesn't want to be alone next week, she can always come in with her hubby in the morings and spend the days with me.

Anne Theresa, good to hear you're up and about a bit...it always feels wonderful to do a few nice things.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  16. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My dad called yesterday and said he's been in the hospital since Tuesday.....I wondered why he hadn't emailed me. They are administering IV antibiotics, which is good.......I thought that should have happened a month or more ago. The doc may need to take off his big toe, since the ulcer has "tunnelled" through to his toe. He's hoping not, but he'll do what is necessary.

I get frustrated not getting an update sooner from them, but that's how it is.

Linda, I will try out my apple parer/corer and let you know how it works.

17. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yay-another weekend is almost here again. It's really quiet here at work. A lot of the professors take Fridays off so it usually is. I hope it gets busier next week. I hate twiddling my thumbs.

Well, ladies, I was all set to do applesauce, but I am a month too late. The orchard near our house said that the apples I wanted are all gone and they had an usual number of customers this year. Plus, they had an early frost so there were fewer apples. So much for that idea.

Nancy: Thanks for the apple recipe. That sounds really good with the golden raisins and the ginger. I'm sure you will be glad when you are no longer prisoner in your house with all the bikers. Glad your daughter is on more of an even keel.

Anne Theresa: We have several nice consignment shops in the town I work in and the one I live in. Once in awhile I browse through them. I have found some really nice clothes at bargain prices.

Linda: Jim is doing great. I wish I could spend more time with him, but it's more of a challenge now that I am working. I will see him again on Monday.

Terri: So sorry about your dad. I hope he doesn't have to have his big toe cut off. I would think that would affect his balance and walking.

To-do list:

-pick up gift card for co-worker who just retired
    -wash bedding
    -put sheets on beds
    -have lunch with a friend

-catch up on some reading
    -go to a festival on Sunday
    -water flowers
    -restock my greeting card supply
    -call a friend

That's all I can think of-talk to everyone next week!

18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends,

Reading through the posts, I want you to know that each of you & your families are in my thoughts and prayers today, as always.

Participating here makes me feel supported in my day-to-day and I hope it gives others that same sense of camaraderie and friendship.

After two days of busy, I'm resting today with a headache and sore back. I have a small & easy to-do list, just the minimum to keep the house running

put dishes away
    clean kitchen counter & sink
    make bed, swiffer bedroom floor
    empty wastebaskets
    swipe washroom
    make/organize daily pill dispensers

In between tasks, I plan to sit on my massage recliner, read or watch TV.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi, Everyone....

Hope you've had a good week. We are camped at an RV spot in Old Station, CA...a wide place in the road with a post office.

It snowed...SNOWED...on Friday. An inch or so stuck and it was bitter cold. We are camping with some friends and their children/grandchildren, etc.....the kids/grandkids are sleeping in tents. Good thing they are young.

Ached yesterday...cold and damp...better today. I am gpomg to take a walk now; husband just came back from visiting an old friend...

Take care...will chat and read up on everthing later.