What's on your 'To Do' List Sept 29 to Oct 5th?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 28, 2008.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

I still can't believe how fast the months have gone by this year, it's startling to me....

Katy has another doc appt today, this time at a hospital out in town. She's seeing a Rhuemy for a possible FM diagnosis...then we have to stop on base with a note from the German doc to take to our GP for confirmation.

This usually takes months with the translation but our doc reads German so we'll know more today.

Other than that, I have a few meds to get refilled (how I wish they all were on the same schedule).

Hope all are well this week and still waiting to hear from our missing members...

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    We got Mother yesterday...she flew in from Iowa with my BIL and stayed with us last night. I think today she will move into her new apartment. My BIL will camp out on an air bed to make sure she adjusts to her new place......he is great with her. But she looks good and I think she will do well there.

We got to go to a Whole Foods in the Seattle area yesterday....that was fun! Amazing stuff there- I watched a lady making crepes to order, so I had one for lunch. It was delicious, filled with eggplant, zucchini, onion, provolone and pesto. They had samples of King salmon, so I thought I was back in Alaska. What a neat place- I'd go again, but it is expensive.

Grammy- be careful with that overdoing tendency! You'll just have to pace yourself.....so the sugar in things really bothers you, doesn't it? I sometimes have hot flashes, but mostly at night. Take it easy today, if you can.

Nancy- I hear you on the problem of getting refills. I'm going to help my MIL get her refills now, and she wants to try Canadian for one of hers.....it would be at least one third of the regular price. I've found a few sources, so I'll make some calls today.

I hope to hear from some more on our list today.......

3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Here it is Monday already. Where did the weekend go? I think I will leave work an hour early. I worked an extra hour a week ago that I didn't get paid for and I should use it. Plus, I've got some banking business to take care of today. And, you guessed it, a doctor's appt! Another one tomorrow, too. I live at the doctor's office. It gets so boring and tiresome and uses up so much of my free time.

We had a pretty good weekend, although Harry and I did get into a heated discussion yesterday about finances. I am not happy about the splitting of our money, but I guess I will have to make the best of it. Harry wants to try this for a year.

But I am pretty upset about Harry's newest suggestion for what I should do if I get low on money. Jim's CD has just come due, and Harry said I should take some of that money and put it into my account! I can't believe he said that. To steal from my own brother! Harry said that Jim wouldn't know about it and that some of that money I was originally mine anyway that I had given to Jim. And I told him that it is going to stay Jim's money. Jim trusts me with his money and I'm not going to break that trust. And besides that, stealing is a sin.

And I consider myself a Christian and Christians try not to sin. I asked him if he considered himself a Christian and he said "yes", then I asked him why he was asking me to sin. He said I was blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I told him I wasn't. That he said that we should just not talk about it any more. I really makes me lose respect for my husband.

The rest of the weekend went fine. We went to a festival and concert and went out to eat a couple of times, which was nice.

Grammy: That's good you aren't doing all that digging my hand. I guess I should have realized that. I used to have problems with hypoglycema and had similiar symptoms that you described. I was very sensitive to sugar.

Terri: That's good that your MIL is now here. I hope all goes well.

Nancy: I didn't realize that Katy hadn't been officially diagnosed yet with FMS. Of course we are all so familiar with the symptoms.

To-do list:

-take some money out of Jim's CD and renew the rest
    -put Jim's CD money into his trust money
    -deposit a check Harry gave me
    -dr. appt. with the gynecologist
    -if there's time, do some reading in the car before my
    dr. appt.
    -wash dishes in the dishwasher

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all.

Nancy, thanks for getting us started this week. I know what you mean about time passing quickly; that summer has come and gone is unfathomable to me. I hope you don't have to travel too far out of town for Katy's appointment today and that the trip is a pleasant one. I hope Katy doesn't have FMS but if she does, it's good she'll get a diagnosis at such an early age. My understanding is that the closer the diagnosis to the age of onset, the better the prognosis. I've read that people (like me, possibly you too) who have gone for years and years without a proper diagnosis can be much more difficult to treat.

Grammy, you have been so active lately - I don't know how you do it! It sounds like you're getting a lot accomplished though and that's always nice. Pacing can be a difficult thing to master. The key is to do the same amount on good and bad days. This means pushing yourself to do something when you don't feel up to it and pushing yourself to rest when you feel like doing more. It took me years of crashing before I figured this out and, though I still over-do (or under-do) from time to time, for the most part I have a good balance of activities and rest. Your pond sounds like such a fun project. I'd love to do the same in my little backyard - my turtle would love it!

Terri, I'm glad things are moving forward with your mother-in-law. I hope she likes her new apartment and finds the change to be a good one. I've never heard of a Whole Foods restaurant but crepes to order sounds wonderful!

Ellen, I'm glad you had a nice weekend though sorry to hear the financial disagreement between you & Harry is still an issue. His suggestion that you use your brother's money is outrageous! This must be very frustrating for you. It can be difficult to watch an otherwise reasonable person get stuck on a single issue like that. We all have our blind spots, I suppose, but it's a shame the grief this issue is causing you.

I slept poorly last night, so slept late today and now it's mid-afternoon and I'm still in my nightclothes. I need to hop in the shower than try to bring some order to my house.

- sweep & mop kitchen floor
    - spot clean hall carpet
    - wipe down washroom
    - dust desk & dresser
    - make bed, change sheets
    - tidy living room

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

The appt didn't go well yesterday, nor did my entire morning. (or day)

The paperwork wasn't completed properly for her, they didn't know why she was there, so we waited for 2 hours for them just to draw some blood. We have to go back next week again.

I was really ill yesterday morning, threw everything off and I was hoping for a down day today, but her psych called and I need to go to Tri Care for some paperwork today and she managed to squeeze Katy in for an appt tomorrow, so I'll have to take her then too. We'll probably have to cancel the eye doc appt to fit this other one in.

We need this appt to keep her meds at the dosage they are now, but something tells me this will be another run-a-round.

I honestly don't know why things are so difficult right now, two steps forward, 3 back....but we're all trying to hang in there.

Terri, I hope the move goes well for your MIL and hopefully this will make things easier for everyone.

Grammy, you're so busy....but again, pace yourself please.

Ellen...such a difficult time you're going through as well...I hope we both get a break soon.

Anne Theresa, such a beautiful way with words that you have...thank you for being you!

Hugs all,

6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I went to my gynecologist appt. yesterday and she said I don't have a yeast infection so who knows why I have problems with itching. She thinks I should go to my dermitologist in case it's some kind of skin problem. I've been having itching problems there for years. I had kind of given up on this problem-too many others have been on the front burner! But it would be nice not to have this problem, although it doesn't itch constantly. So I will make an appt. (yuck-another dr. appt!!)

I hate to sound whiney, but I am so tired of going to the doctors! I've had ten dr. appts this month and October and filling up now, too!

Harry surprised me by bringing home flowers again last night. This is the second time in two weeks. Maybe he felt bad about what he said about he taking some of Jim's money? Hard to say, but it was nice.

Nancy: You are right. We both sure could use a break. Although things are better now, I just feel so tired. I am sure all the stress of the past few months is catching up with me. Sometimes I feel like I could sleep all day.

Grammy: I'm glad you are doing okay from your hypoglycemic episode. I remember the days when I had them. Not fun. Take care and try not to overdo.

Anne Theresa: Yes, Harry does say some pretty outrageous things, but what can I do? His parents must have taught him some morals.

To-do list:

-off to Ann Arbor to see the FMS doctor to get my morphine
    -if I don't have to wait too long at the doctor's, go to
    my pool therapy class.
    -take long nap.
    -relax and watch TV tonight (I have some favorite shows
    on tonight)
    -BLT's for dinner

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, again:

I forgot to mention that a week ago when the gynecologist examined me for my pap smear, she found blood during my rectal exam and now I have to have a colonoscopy. I am going to assume this is nothing until I hear otherwise. And maybe this is fairly common? Does anyone know if a polyp that breaks could cause bleeding? Can polyps be cancerous? I'm trying not to worry too much, but I can't help but be concerned.

My gynecologist gave me the name of a doctor who does the colonoscopies who is right in Adrian. I have an appt. for October 6th, but I don't know when I will have the colonoscopy. My father-in-law is going to take me, because my brother said that their put you under when you have them. I know I am at the age when I should start having them. I am trying not to worry too much, I tried to ask my gynecologist some questions, but she wasn't able to give me a lot of answers.

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You probably won't see this until tomorrow but it could be a simple hemorrhoid....they can be on the inside as well. (Yep, daughter has them too)

Always better to get the colonoscopy and get this checked, I should at some point too get my first.

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Grammy, yes that's too much but I'm glad you're resting and taking it easy.

Today I'll be driving Katy to her psych appt over 40 miles away. Doesn't sound like much but at speeds of 80-100 mph, you really have to be on your toes.

We canceled her eye appt for this morning, having both appts would have put me in trouble with the hypoglycemia and not being able to eat properly for 3 meals in a row. This should make it easier on me, hopefully.

Yesterday went well, the ladies at TriCare helped her out and were so kind to her. Perhaps they can see on the computer that she was recently hospitalized for so long? Not sure, but it was a day we needed, for something to go right!

The leaves are changing beautifully for the first time since we've been here. (5 yrs)

Hugs all,

10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Here we are, mid-week already. I am definitely taking a break this morning at work today. I just feel so tired. Lately I feel as though I could as though I could sleep all the time. I will have to watch it so I don't fall asleep at work!

Not too much to write about today. Jim and I are getting together today. Our usual luncheon date.

Nancy: Thanks for telling me about the hemorroids. I hadn't thought about that. Seems to me I have heard those can cause itching and other discomfort so that may be what I have. I'm glad Katy's appt. went okay.

To-do list:

-lunch with Jim
    -empty dishwasher (done)
    -vacuum carpet upstairs

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

I can honestly say that I'm just exhausted today from our trip yesterday although it went well and we had fun, that bit of walking in the fresh air to a mall nearby just about did me in.

I've already vacuumed the entire house this morning, shaken the throw rugs and cleaned up a bit for my housekeeper who still has an injured shoulder. But today she brought both Katy and I a gift...she's so sweet.

I'm hoping to spend most of today in bed although there's still construction going on upstairs which makes napping difficult.

Hugs all,

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, I empathize with your feeling so tired of going to doctors. You've
    really had a run of appointments lately. I feel that same way from time to time (during those periods when I have many appointments in a row) but then I tell myself, since I'm off work, going to doctors & taking care of my health is my full-time job. You don't have that same circumstance and so it's no wonder you're feeling tired of it all. Hang in there sweetie, surely a break will be forthcoming. It's nice of your Harry to bring you flowers, a timely reminder of his sweet side.

I'm glad you're getting some rest, Grammy, and recovering from your weekend. Although, it sounds like your dogs won't allow you to become too sedentary :) I just love dogs and miss having them in my life. Maybe one of these days...

Nancy, I'm glad your trip went well and that you had a nice time. Between your trip yesterday and vacuuming/cleaning today, no wonder you're exhausted. I hope you get the down time you need and enjoy a restful day. The leaves are beginning to turn her as well, beautiful reds and orange and the air is crisp and cool. But for it's lead into winter, Autumn is my favourite month.

I'm resting today, as well, after a long appointment yesterday for a dental consult. I'm set to lose my lower teeth mid-November and will have a denture put in - I already have an upper plate. I'll be having a general anesthetic (because there's too much inflammation for a local anesthetic to take)and they'll do this right in the clinic. I hate everything about this but it will be nice to have the experience behind me with a new smile in place for Christmas.

Aside from resting, a few things to do:

put dishes away, clean counters & sink
    sweep kitchen floor, spot clean
    swipe washroom
    empty wastebaskets
    shower & shampoo
    go for a walk

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    Things are going pretty well with my MIL here now....she hasn't officially moved into her new apartment yet, but is staying with us until her furniture arrives. It's unsettling for her not to know where her things are...today she couldn't find a certain prescription of hers and that was frustrating. I hope we find it soon....or else we can call her former pharmacy and get a fax sent here.

I'm almost through with the canning and freezing binge I've been on....nothing left to can! A few tomatoes that are ripening in sacks- well, maybe 20 pounds of them- but that's it. So my to do list is more paper work related:

Work on Mother's prescription and doctor visits
    Help Mother move in tomorrow
    Practice for a music contest with the boys

I hope all are well and/or resting as much as possible. Anne Theresa- we are filling one of Mother's prescriptions through a Canadian pharmacy....it will be half the price she used to pay. She is nervous that it won't be the same, but I keep telling her that it is a name brand and it will be fine. She has trusted her town pharmacist for so long that it's hard to give him up. But she is hanging in there and enjoys having people to talk to.......

14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm going to take a shower & shampoo, then go for a nice long walk.
    That's my to-do list for the day:)

Terry, I'm glad your mother-in-law is doing well. Moving can be so stressful, it's nice she has family to help her get settled. I think it's great you found a Canadian source for prescription meds and are able to save money this way. I consider the cost of medications high, so if that same price is considered a bargain by American standards, the US prices must be through the roof.

Grammy, I'm glad you're happy with your new teeth, it's wonderful they've improved over your previous set. I found it was quite an adjustment, getting used to my upper-plate and so I expect the same this time around. Last time, I was surprised by grief. My dentist explained to me the emotions are similar to the experience of losing a limb. I hope your hubby has a successful hunt and that you enjoy a peaceful weekend.

Nancy, Ellen and all, enjoy the weekend!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa