What's on Your To-Do List?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Aug 27, 2010.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I was surprised to get on here on a Friday and not see anything posted yet. Our library finally got their new computers in-all 18 of them! Four are four the teenagers (although they can use the other 14 ones, too). So although I did bring my laptop with me, I decided to check out the new computers today. They are really nice.

I am doing okay, but feeling a little overwhelmed at times by my FMS and other health issues. I haven't talked about this problem here, but off and on for the past couple of years I have had another problem with my bladder (which has been a problem my entire life). I have developed an incontinence problem to add to my intersitial cystitis (a chronic inflammation for which there is no cure, but I do take Prelief tablets now and have it mostly under control, but still have flare-ups occasionally), and frequency problem for which I have an implant, which only helps at night. Sorry if I sound frustrated lately, but I just can't help it. I already had five things wrong with me and didn't need a sixth to add to the list. I keep reminding myself that there are other people worse off than me, but sometimes that doesn't help.

At first, the incontinence was only happening once in awhile, but now I've had two accidents in one week-two pairs of underwear and two pairs of underwear that wear soiled. I can be thankful that it didn't happen in public! After I went swimming today, I remembered that Carter Rehab (where I swim) has a therapist who works with people with bladder problems. I was told she's on vacation until after Labor Day weekend, but as luck would have it, the employee I talked to, said she's had incontinence problems, too and the therapist helped her. She gave me a brochure to look at. Due to finances, I would hope I wouldn't have to go too often. But I definitely need help. But I definitely need help. It happens when I am active, like last night when I went out for my half-hour walk. I no longer can walk far from home because of this. Well, that's enough of that.

The past few days the weather has been just beautiful here-finally cooler. I picked a lot of tomatoes and beans from the garden and last night froze beans and canned four quarts of tomatoes. I finally finished a painting project that I've been putting off, but I still need to paint our outside garage door in the back of the house. Another project long overdue. The fact that next week is September is spurring me on to finish outside chores. Where did the summer go? Too bad it was so hot all summer. I hated to get outside and do anything. Hopefully we will have a nice fall. It's been nice sleeping weather lately.

Anne Theresa, JB and Molly: I've been thinking of you and hope things are going better for all of you.

Well, I don't have a lot of time remaining and I'm not sure if these new computers give you more time like the old ones did or not so I had better end this. Take care, everyone.

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi Ellen (and any lurkers!),
    Good to see your post. I hope everyone else is doing OK....let us know, OK?

Ellen- I am busy like you with garden stuff. I have canned many quarts of pickles, tomatoes and salsa and have frozen peaches. I am stocked on jam of all kinds....I even entered some in the fair this year! We shall see how it goes.

I am playing for a wedding today. A young fellow from our church is marrying a girl he met at work. The rehearsal last night was very scattered....it was hard to get them to focus. What usually takes an hour took almost 2 1/2 hours! Yikes! My back was sore from sitting on a bench all of that time. Today will go much more quickly, I'm sure.

Ellen- hopefully you can see the therapist from time to time. It's too bad we have to think about finances, but we do. My hubby has used up all of his chiro appointments (on insurance) so we have to think twice about his appointments. But if he needs it, he usually goes.

Did you notice that I'm going to be a grandma again?
    Hugs, Terri
  3. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hello all,
    My son started third grade last Thursday (so this is his third day). I want to thank everyone for the nice thoughts and prayers for me. I felt your support and caring . . . thanks! I expect to post on a regular basis now that summer is over.

Ellen-thanks for keeping up the posts. Health issues are overwhelming and although others may have it worse you are experiencing and dealing with a lot and it doesn't mean it's easy. I hope you can find a way to get the therapy you need.

JB-Congrats on your new grandbaby! How wonderful that must be. Sorry to hear about the financial difficulties. Sounds like you are really hanging in there.

Anne Theresa-How are you doing since the final separation? i hope you have moved on a bit and can have a new perspective. I was so sorry to read about the crying all night but I suppose it is needed to get you through to the other side. Hugs!

Terri-Congrats on your grandbaby to be! How exciting for you all. Sounds like you had a great trip with family.

To do:
    mindful meditation (I just got the 4 cd set and love it!)
    e-mail and fax our educational advocate
    call physical therapist for a consult with my son
    shop for some basics for myself
    shop with husband for a new fridge(ours went out!)

manage cub scouts table with husband at nearby elementary school

hugs to all,
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Wow, September already! I'm not ready....can we go back to June?

Molly, good to hear from you. I think the school year is helping you.....more things to keep Liam busy. I hope you are doing better.

Anne Theresa- how is your bunny? This week we are going to our fair, so I will visit the bunny house and think of you. Some of my piano students have bunnies exhibited, so I always go to see them. I have been busy (as you know) canning and freezing....lately I have frozen peaches and corn. I made a peach pie for supper tonight from some peaches given to me by a friend- yum!

Ellen- I'm glad you have your laptop and don't always have to go the library to keep up with us....now you can go to McDonalds!

Hugs, Terri

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA this past while. My computer is down and I haven't been able to get online. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix my machine or if I'll have to purchase a new system but at any rate I hope to be back online before too long. I'm busy today with appointments etc. so I don't have time to write more than just this 'hello' but I wanted to pop in so you'd know I was okay and still part of the group. Lots of love and gentle hugs to each of you, Theresa