What's out there besides Pills for Pain? Injections?Sprays?Patches?Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diannalisa, Sep 28, 2011.

1. diannalisa

diannalisa New Member

Hi guys, I am hoping you can help me out. I seem to be very sensitive to most painkillers; morphine, dilaudid, methadone, darvocet, codeine, vicodin. They all make me sick to my stomach and cause lots of nausea and vomiting. Methadone & Morphine worked the best for pain before it started to cause the nausea/vomiting too when taking it. I tried the Butran's pain patch at 10mg but it wasn't very helpful for pain and I didn't like the fact that I almost passed out twice in the sunlight, had to avoid hot baths, heated blankets, hot pools etc. I am at a loss as to what I can try next for pain. Any ideas guys? Are there any meds in injection form or nasal spray or patch form without the above limitations? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, just as side note, anything I take has to be immediate release if it's a pill due to gastric bypass my stomach won't absorb extended release tablets properly.
  2. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

When my sciatica gets to be almost unbearable, I have IM Toradol my MD gave me. It works well for the sciatic pain, but I don't know about pain from FM.

Toradol is a NSAIDS, but the injection form doesn't bother my stomach.

Hope you find something that helps. I'm also very sensitive to narcotics.

3. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

The injections last me for about a week, and seem to get me out of the severe sciatica for while.

You can only have the injections on a short-term basis, however.