Whats suppose to be worse?CF or FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 18, 2003.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

CF or FM? Myself I've had Fibromyalgia for 11 years~
    I've gotten progressivly worse over the years.Honestly from the way I feel and all i've read on both conditions,I feel I may have both, but have never been DX with CF.(however I may now have Lupus also)??
    I was just reading another book on the two conditions,an updated version of Running On Empty......by ? Berne. I can't remember...and I don't feel like getting up(I'm sure you's can relate!) I'm just curious what one is considered to be more debilitating?? I don't have an answer or opinion,I believe they're one condition with 2 names...they both suck the life out of ya!! What are your thoughts? am I the only weirdo that would wonder this?
    Wishing us all better days ahead,.....fat chance but I AM wishing!! Hope is all we have
    Regards,
    Tracey :)
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I guess it depends on who you ask. If you have a very low threshold for pain to begin with, I would imagine that FM is worse, because pain is the number one factor. Someone with CFS would tell you that it's worse because of the fatigue that almost ruins your life. So I am sure you'll get many opinions on this one...
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

pain threshold being a part of FM.I"ve given birth 3 times and have never needed a single dose of pain medication!! matter of fact...just tolerating the pain(as I'm used to doing) I went to the hospital when it was almost too late!! I walked into the maternity ward at 4:3o am and I had my son at 4:42!!!Talk about cuttin it close!
    but I did'nt think I was that ready. A nurse delivered my baby.Thank god for nurses!!
    Peaceful days :)
  4. clueless

clueless New Member

I`m not sure where I stand as I have terrible pain and fatigue that puts me to sleep the minute I sit down. I have no flu like symtoms or head aches but have pain all over the rest of me Take three oxycontin a day and two neurontin. My legs and feet are the very worse with the hot burning pain. Can`t remember anything and get so frustrated. One never knows whether it is from the disease or the meds. that you take. What do you think?
  5. j9miller

j9miller New Member

So I can only relate to that but CF is horrible too from what I read and hear. I too think I may have overlapping symptoms.
    As far as pain, we do not have a low tolerance. Actually it is the opposite. We have a high tolerance but our body in CONSTANTLY in pain ALL the time that we hurt ALL the time at such high amounts. Uugh!!
    All of these illness are BAD and which ever one you have it is the worst for you.

Janine
  6. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

that I only have FM, even though it's the debilitating fatigue that has always bothered me the worst. I've never heard (could be wrong) that CFS is hereditary and life-long, as mine is.

Anyway, I feel I don't have CFS because I don't have any flu-like symptoms, sore throats, fevers, in fact I am rarely "sick", don't catch anything.

In my opinion, CFS is worse! My cousin has it and what she goes through would drive me insane.

JoAnn
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I too feel I have both. I always had a low grade fever for years, everyday. I think that bad fatigue is the worst part of this. I have a high pain tolerance, so I could live with the pain if I had the energy to function.

Sandyz
  8. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

I apparently have both. I got CFS 13 years ago and the FM, I guess gradually came on in the last 3-4 years.

Perhaps my FM is milder than most as although the toothache like pain hurts, I would take the pain anyday if I could be sure I wouldn't have the persistent, recurrent flu-like symptoms such as fevers, achyness, brain-fogginess, sore and swollen glands and throats, toxic feeling migraines, etc.etc.etc.etc

For me it is the crushing fatigue with flu-like feelings, feverish feeling and feeling of moving through honey or PVA glue that is the killer.
  9. greeneyes24

greeneyes24 New Member

CFS is more disabling. People with FM can usually work, people with CFS usually can't.

Extreme fatigue and awful maliase and flu like feeling with general achiness is what kills me.
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

of having both .Of all the replys to this post,I have every symptom listed here...EXCEPT....recurring sore throats. I have my usual sore throats but not more than the average person~(does everyone with a dx of CF have sore thraots alot)? My biggest complaints in order are
    1. Pain....all over!
    2.Fatique,tiredness
    3.mental fog
    ?????????
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have both and have found CFIDS to be by far the more debilitating.

Love, Mikie
  12. iconracr

iconracr New Member

So I would say FMS. the CFS is linked to a virus. And FMS to an illness, accident, surgery or tramatic event.

[ advertisement ]