What's the best anti-depressant for you? PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladydi, Mar 15, 2003.

1. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Hi,
    I am having a terrible time fighting with depression.
    I'm not getting any relief with Effexor ER 300mg.

Just a pole to see what has helped others.

I seem to be very hard to treat. I really don't want
    to live with this depression if there's a different drug.

Please respond if you're like me, hard to treat.

thank,
    di
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I started on Lexapro about 2 weeks ago. It has been great! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to feel "normal" emotionally again. It's as if a huge weight has been lifted. The results were almost instant. I have heard other antidepressants may take longer to begin working. Lexapro is fairly new. I have no side effects, whatsoever with it. It does not make me the least bit groggy, or uncaring about what is going on around me, as some of the other did. I just feel normal, now.
    Best wishes,
    LL
  3. tiredtim

tiredtim New Member

yes, do the excercise, as much as doesn't make you worse, per the previous post. also, the herb called St. John's Wort is as effective as Prozac without the side effects.

remember, any anti-depressant treatment can take several months or longer to become effective.

I've tried most of them and found the side effects to not be worth the result. I just stick with the St. John's Wort.

Tim
  4. Echos

Echos New Member

I like the Wellbutrin SR. It had done wonders for me. I could feel the difference within the first week and a half. I also quit smoking while on it. I have been on many different one's, and I would have to say that the Wellbutrin did amazing things for me. My EX-doctor, took my Wellbutrin from me and started me on Paxil CR. Horrible stuff. I have had nothing but problems on it. It leaves me in a zombie like state and has caused my migraines to become more severe. I would stay away from that one. Good luck to you as I know how the depression can be. Hang in there and see your doctor as soon as possible. Hope to have you smiling soon.
    Echos
  5. dacer

dacer New Member

I TRIED EFFEXOR AND DIDNT LIKE IT, I TOOK PROZAC FOR MANY YEARS WITH A COUPLE OTHERS BUT NOW I TAKE WELLBUTRIN AND CLONAZEPAM. TWICE A DAY WICH HELPS.YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING UNTIL YOU FIND ONE OR MORE TOGETHER THAT WORK FOR YOU. LUCK TO YOU
  6. paula45

paula45 New Member

I've just stopped Zoloft because it quit on me after a couple of years. I was tried on Lexapro and slept constantly until I went off it. I'm now on Paxil CR for the last three weeks and, unlike some other, it's working for me. I'm coming back to life, laughing again and starting to lose some weight. Basically and sadly, it's a matter of trial and error for everyone, I think. There's no magic pill 'cause we're all so different. Exercise would be great when I get able, but my legs spasm when I try right now. I'm hoping for better days, and I wish the same for you.
    Hugs
    Paula
  7. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

I used to take Paxil. Then I went a few years w/out any. Then got extremely depressed & went on & off zoloft. Am now stablized at 100mg. Some people get results from herbs & exercise, but I am not one of them. I understand that alot of people on antidepressants don't like to take their pills, but I know what is best for me & it's my zoloft. I hope you find something to work for you. It does take a few weeks to feel the effects usually, but the person who said it took 'several months' should have let the Dr know that it was not giving relief. Please do so if you have the same experience. I see my psychiatrist every 4-8 wks to check my dose & determine if it should go up/down/stay the same.
    Pixie
  8. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Anymore?
    Di

[ advertisement ]