Whats the best thing for sore gums?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Sep 3, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

I've been using warm salt water for a few days,
    ever since I had my teeth cleaned.
    For some reason I'm extrememly sore after getting scraped and poked at last week. ????

I do have alot of dental things going on.
    Cavitys,dry mouth to name the most bothersome.

I'll start getting things done in 2-3 weeks at my 1st appointment,... of probably 12!!! uuuuggghh! :(

Is anyone aware of anything OTC I could try for the sore/painful gums? any suggestions is so apreciated.

Is aloe vera juice good for gums? or breaking open vit E ? I'm thinking of things I've heard mentioned a long time ago.???

Thanks alot~
    Tandy
  2. ourplanet

ourplanet New Member

I don't know what meds you take for your medical conditions, but many of them can contribute to xerostomia (dry mouth) which add insult to injury after a dental cleaning and when it comes to cavities and other dental issues. I am a registered dental assistant and a senior dental hygiene student. A couple products you might want to try are something called Oral Balance by Biotene. It is a saliva replacement liquid that you can use before bed (or anytime for that matter) since many of our antideppressants and pain meds cause dry mouth. (and sore gums) and also a you might try a spray called Oasis which is a saliva replacement spray also. These can be found in Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, any large drug store chain, or go to their website and see where they may be sold in your area. I hope this helps. I use both these products personally as I take both antidepressants, anticonvulsants and narcotic pain medications. Good luck to you!!
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

and a HUGE thanks to all who have answered~

Take care
    Tandy :)