What's the chance of keeping SSD on medical review?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jul 23, 2008.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How many of you were determined ineligible when you had your Social Security medical review after already being on Social Security? Also, how on time are these reviews lately? Mine is due in November.

[This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

BILLCAMO New Member

If you look at the top of the page you'll see in the blue highlighted FYI section : Social Security Information.

On page 2 there is a clickable link for the Social Security Disability Coalition. This is the best source of SSD information that I have found.

Blessings ,

4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Am I missing something?[This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]

BILLCAMO New Member

page of the CFS/FM board where all of the posts are listed. The top messages are highlighted in blue.

Blessings ,

BILLCAMO New Member

in case you haven't found it yet...

Blessings ,

7. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I dont know of anyone losing socail security.You should be fine. Ruthie
  8. Peace77

Peace77 New Member

If you haven't been able to work or do a lot of volunteer work you'll be fine. I fear that until I've gone through my 1st review that its not set in stone. I think it also depends on how you've kept up with your treatment. Do you have a lot of dr. visits, tests etc. to show proof of your persisting condition?

Just for my information, how long after your being approved did you get your review? I thought the 1st one came at a 3 yr. mark but I've been on for 4 yrs. now without any word about a review.

If you haven't worked and kept up with documentable dr. visits I'm sure you'll be super!

Good Luck and don't let this stress you out, that can cause a flare,

9. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi GBHope,

The Social Security Information Thread is at the beginning of all of the threads, about 3 or 4 down, or something like that.

I have wanted to post questions about SSDI on here and when I posted on that thread, not many saw it. Everyone that is not inquiring about that subject may not go into that thread and look at the posts. (That's my opinion anyway; I could be totally wrong; there may be more than I think checking it out).

I can't help you because I'm not on SSDI at this time.

Hope you find some answers,

10. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I also am up for my 1st SSDI review soon.

I am over 50 and am hoping that age helps but I am very concerned over losing my only income. I would like to hear other people's experiences with the reviews also.

I also find the Social Security Thread at the top of the board very confusing and extremely difficult to navigate.

Good Luck,

[This Message was Edited on 07/29/2008]
  11. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I tried to navigate the SSDI thread up above as well, and found it very confusing too. That's why I started this thread.