whats the course of CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CooBax, Jan 13, 2006.

1. CooBax

CooBax New Member

Hi This may seem impossible to answer...what is the general course with someone who has CFIDS....does it go away?

THanks
    Lesley
  2. CooBax

CooBax New Member

3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Judging by all I've read from members on this board, it does not just "go away" without treatment. Different treatments seem to work for different people.

Some of the things that a person may need to address are:

pain

sleep disturbances

mitochondria function

balance hormones by evaluating hypothalamus and pituitary function

enhance immune system

identify and treat underlying viral, bacterial, yeast or other infections

identify and treat unique health issues of an individual

nutrition, supplementation, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle changes, exercise, complementary therapies

4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Some people get it once, and it goes away after a time never to return. Sometimes, like myself, it can go into remission and return with a high fever and viral infection. Both my bouts lasted 14 months. I am presently in remission and living a normal life. I work fulltime and socialize, although I can't stay up as late as I used to and try to get more rest.

Many people on this board have "recovered", although some have been ill for years. I think it depends on the underlying cause/s and if that is treated. I believe this message board has found treatments on the cutting edge. Most doctors don't know a thing about CFS.

Best of luck.
  5. CooBax

CooBax New Member

Thanks for the replys on CFIDS. My Doctor actually said I could get great info on line!!! Thanks again.

Lesley
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

disabled me, I have very bad relapses that last for months and times inbetween where I am much better but nowhere near healthy.

It affects everyone differently. Many people recover within the first two years but if you have it longer than that it may never leave.

There is no definite treatment for CFIDS, pace yourself, rest when you have to, take supplements etc.

There's lots of info on past posts if you put CFIDS or CFS in the search you will find loads.

love
    Rosie
  7. drreese1

drreese1 New Member

I was diagnosed with CFID's meaning blood test positive for HHV6, EBV and CMV versus just having CFS. My Doctor put me on Kutapressin injections on a 10 month protocol that brought me out of it. The manufacturer sold the product and removed it from the market in 2003. The good news is it has just been put back on the market as Nexavir. You can read about it and other drugs on www.HHV6foundation.org.
    It comes compounded in a gel. It was a pproved by the FDA in 1929. There have been years of successful research for CFID'S and Autism.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2006]
  8. drreese1

drreese1 New Member

This drug works great! I'm thrilled it is being remarketed for CFID'S and Bacterial caused Autism. I found a great website wwwHHV6 foundation.org