What's the deal w/Traumeel?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Dec 1, 2005.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Ok, what's the deal w/Traumeel? I looked it up on the internet and found out it's a natural pain healer. How is it helping those w/FMS? Please give me your opinion before i hit the herb lady.

Should I get pills or ointment? My pain is 99% lower back, bottocks, legs. What's your opinion?

Thanks,
    Shawn
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

I've been very pleased with the Traumeel so far for the tendinitis pain in my wrists. It also seems to help the chronic pain and stiffness in my neck and shoulders. I've been using the sublingual tablets too, but can't tell if they are helping or not.

The Traumeel gel seems to help decrease the pain for longer than plain arnica gel. I bought the Traumeel cream yesterday, and I like it, too.

I am hoping that if I keep using the topicals that over time the tendinitis will subside enought so I won't need surgery to correct it.

It's worth a try, at least IMHO!

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

go to search in the left side corner and type in TRAUMEEL AND YOU WILL FIND A LOT ABOUT IT. CHOCOLAT GOT US STARTED ON IT.. SHE Put a post on board about it....it is worth looking into.....

shirley
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i started on traumeel sublinguals and they seemed to knock my pain down a notch, but they aren't much help on bad days when the pain has a mind of its own. i'm trying a traumeel injection today through my acupuncturist. i'll report back later on that one.

eddie
  5. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Have you tried cherry juice for your tendonitis?
    I had tendonitis everywhere with the achilles tendon being the worst. At times it would immobilize me and I would have to take harsh drugs and steroids just to be able to walk. I had some kind of electronic treatment when it got severe 3 different times. This had been going on for maybe 15 years. I was resigned to accepting that this was as good as it was going to get and I just had a chronic problem.

I had read bits and claims about the cherry juice and dismissed it, thinking it wouldnt help my severe needs when drugs couldnt. I had a friend SHOW me hoe much improved she was and I went that same day to get a bottle to try. It took 3 days ....I was amazed. Took all the fire out of my tendonitis. This has been since last spring (march?) The juice is cheaper, less harsh than any drugs I had tried.

Well worth looking into. There is another post today with black cherry juice in the title.
    take care, stephanie
  6. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I use the traumeel tablets. I find it helps loosen muscles and I dont twitch and get so restless with it. Another inexpensive and mild tool that gives subtle relief.

I have several things I use that helps on different levels.

Cherry juice
    Traumeel
    magnetic bracelet
    colloidal silver

They are all rather subtle...until I skip a few days!
    I have FMS, OA and chronic tendonitis
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

I think we are fibro-twins! I, too, have fibro, OA and chronic tendinitis.

I tried the cherry juice for awhile, didn't seem to help. Does it matter what brand you use? I'd be willing to try it again, I think. It's tasty, anyway! I'd love to be able to crochet again, and throw away my wrist splints.

I am so intent on avoiding surgery, and I cannot tolerate the NSAIDS, like ibuprofen, and that whole class of meds. Frustrates my doctors, but that is their problem!

What brand of cherry juice do you use? Have you tried the capsules at all?

Peace,
    Beth.
  8. gnanny

gnanny New Member

They worked fine also. I like the taste of the cherry juice so I dont mind using the concentrate. The black cherry juice I was able to find locally in the health food section of the grocery store...it was Knudsens (need 1/2 cup daily) I ordered on line at Brown wood acres for the tart red cherry juice concentrate. put the 3 words together and add a dot com and you will have their web site. The juice keeps fine in the freezer(plastic bottles) and the shipping was the same for 3 bottles as one so I order 3 at at time. The tart red juice is 2 tablespoons a day. On the 3rd day I felt the difference...some people say it took longer for them.
    I have a funny about the juice. After seeing the difference first hand that the juice had made for Deanna I went straight to the store. I looked on the cherry juice concentrate as strictly medicinal and commented to my sister how much better it tasted when I could see how well it worked. She asked me what was the problem with the taste? I said its not so much the taste but the thick texture...she laughed and laughed...asked me why didnt I just mix it with water and drink it like juice. It truly had never crossed my mind. I just looked at it as medicine that you had to chug. Soooo I spent the first month or so choking the concentrate down straight. It works just as well when mixed with water teehee.

It really has taken care of my tendonitis. The achilles tendonitis just never went away. I would get it in one elbow bad, and then a wrist, then over compensate for that one and then I would end up with both wrists in splints. Luckily those episodes were less often and usually followed working on something...but the backs of my legs from my heel to my knees always ached and burned until now. Even with the cold weather it hasnt returned.
    maybe its worth a try again.
    I hope you find some relief, take care, stephanie aka nanny
  9. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

My opinion is that one of three things will happen, you will either love it like many people on this board (read Chocolat's post) or it won't help, or it will make you feel worse like it did me.
    It is worth a shot, you won't know if u don't try and it's not expensive. Who knows, maybe you will be one of those lucky people that finds relief.

Phoebe
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

Where can I buy it? Is it only online?