what's the difference between...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Mar 6, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

Vicodin 5/500 and Vicodin 7.5/325? Does anyone know? I can't find anything on the internet, though I haven't looked too hard (been too busy). My doctor changed it to 7.5/325 after I complained that the 5/500 wasn't working as well anymore. And of course, when he changed it, I didn't think to ask him if it was stronger or not. Please, if anyone knows, tell me!!
  2. loto

loto Member

so much. i figured that's what it was, but it has not been helping me much better than the 500. UGH! I am having wicked, evil tendonitis in my elbows and pain all the way down my arms into my wrists and hands this week. I know it's because i'm totally swamped at work, and have been typing nonstop all day long. I try to take breaks from the typing, but these things have deadlines and I can't get much relief!! Thanks! at least it's friday and i'll get a couple days off!
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Kina is exactly right. By lowering the amount of Tylenol in your med is often allows more to be taken in one day.
    Although it is stronger - sometimes I have found that the added Tylenol actually helps make it seem more effective.

Hopefully the new dose will help you substantially!