Whats the most upsetting thing you forgot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cazman, Oct 3, 2006.

1. cazman

cazman New Member

Mine was forgetting to pick my Grandaughter up from school.

Not just once but 3 times, my daughter inlaw phoned an hour

before to remind me aswell.

Never told my grandaughter that I forgot her, told her the car had broken down.
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I have forgotten so many appointments. I think my hairdresser was beginning to think I was insane.

I finally started booking appointments in the afternoon as I don't function well in the morning. So far I haven't forgetting a hair appointment since! Fingers crossed!

I forgot to pick up a neighbour's child after school. That was embarrassing!

I drive to town to buy some milk, come home with groceries but no milk.

Because I am home all the time I start to forget what day of the week it is. Today I had to check on the computer to see the date because I had lost track of what week it was! When did October arrive????

hugs Redwillow
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I lost my memory and forgot who I was I was lost for like 6 hr.Not knowing how to find my way home.
    very scary but thank God today I'm well except for FM/CFS
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Well...I did!
  5. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I forget my keys on the counter at the store...Forget my purse and then can't buy my groceries...Forget to flush the toilet them blame the kids cuz I think they did it(poor kids LOL)....Man there are SOOOO many things....I think I would forget my head if it wasn't attached.......Mick!!
  6. So far the one that makes me crazy is forgetting something at the grocery store and having to go waaaaaaaaay back on the other side to get something. It makes me mad, and I make a list too!
  7. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Forgetting my Dads 73rd birthday and I was with him half the day....I thought he was unusually quite that day.
    My BAD
  8. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

My suit jacket when I went to my daughter's wedding :{

"They" made me drive back across a big city to get it. Bummer!

Bad Andy
  9. hawkspirit

hawkspirit Member

A doctor's appointment. Oops.
  10. clerty

clerty New Member

my mothe in law was gutted she nevr got a card well I do stay in Singapore and she stays in Ireland where on earth would I get a card here !!!

Clertyx
  11. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I was to be in charge of a booth at a local health fair on a Saturday. Friday pm, I just plain was in la la land, and on Saturday am, got up did my regular routine and totally forgot about the health fair booth!

The next Monday I was reminded that I forgot by everyone who showed up and there was no display or materials. This was totally embarrassing. I've never had the illnesses cause this type of interference with work!

I told my doctor and he just looked at me like I was nuts or something. Maybe the doctors just get tired of all the symptoms we have(?). He never suggested why I could forget something like the booth or why the illness is now really affecting my work.
  12. clerty

clerty New Member

what are we like we need to laugh !!!

Clertyx
  13. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

my address!! I was standing @ the Post Office and I had to fill out my address on a form (I have lived in my home 6 yrs now!), and for the life of me, I just could not remember the address. It was like it just jumbled up in front of me......the information wasn't there! I was having some other memory problems, but that was the real *wake up* call for me. I just panicked!

But, it did cause me to look into this more, and continue to seek out more Dx. Now that I am being treated for the Lyme, instead of just being told this whole thing is hopeless, my memory is so much improved, as well as every other aspect of my life. :)
  14. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I forgot to have coffee!!! Couldn't figure it out for about an hour! duh.

I have forgotten all sorts of appointments..even though I leave notes for myself in several places!

The worst has been forgetting my mom's birthday last year...didn't send a card...didn't send a gift..didn't call her...SUCH GUILT!

15. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I've forgotten stuff on my grocery list,birthdays,appts.ect.I don't get to stressed about that.I apologize and move on.For me it is confusion.I copy wrong addresses on gifts to send,mess up directions on FIL meds when DH gives me new doses and forget to renew my DH and my own meds to mail order,write the appts. down on the calendar wrong and a funny one,we opened a new checking account at another bank and she said we get a free safety deposit box.I kept waiting for her to bring out a square metal box and almost asked for it.She walked away for a min. and I asked my DH.He looked at me like I was nuts and explained it's at the bank to put valuables in and you get a key.In my defense they used to give you toasters,how was I to know?LOL
  16. jole

jole Member

One month I forgot 2 Doctor appointments...I was so afraid they were going to "fire" me!!
    I forgot my daughters birthday...
    I wore two different shoes to work one day....
    I read the same book twice and didn't know it until the very end of the book....just thought it was a familiar setting..does save money!!
  17. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I can't remember any one standout thing I forgot. I'm sure that statement is dripping w/ irony too, heh. But what gets me is the constant everyday frustration of getting up to do something and immediately forgetting what I wanted. I waste so much energy getting up for nothing and then going back when I finally remember again.

Jeanne
  18. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i was getting ready to go to walmart with my daughter put on my shoes to leave and my daughter asked if i was going to wear pants.had everything on but my pants.
    glenda
  19. TUDY

TUDY New Member

I have to write down everything I am doing for the week and stick it on my fridge in day by day order. This way I have managed to remember what I am supposed to be doing. How sad is that! My family find it highly amusing and my dentist is now on speaking terms with me as I don't miss my appointments anymore!
  20. Engel

Engel New Member

Probably walking out the door and pulling it closed and realizing I locked keys in house. Luckily I don't have any young children.