What's the worst time of day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PITATOO, Jul 18, 2006.

1. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Just curious to find out what people consider them at their worst with FMS and or CFIDS. Mine is in the morning. It is such a struggle to get up and moving. I'm in so much pain and it takes an hour or two for my pills to kick in. Once they do I am pretty much okay for the rest of the day. I have even tried setting my alarm a couple of hours early and take my pain killers then but they keep me awake. But if I take something at that time that is not my usual like darvocet or soma I can't wake up; pain is less but I am groggy for hours. Curious and welcome any ideas. Bobby
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

for me it's always mornings, although early afternoons aren't much better. No matter how I feel all day, or how much or little rest I've had, the later in the evening it is the better I feel. Never been able to figure this out.
    Barb
  3. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

It's bad when I wake up but coffee and a little time gets me to the shower and I feel good most days.Afternoons around 4PM I start hurting and supper is a chore but I'm in bed unable to manage the stairs by 7:30 and evening plans are torture.Evenings in bed I watch TV and use the heating pad and whateverelse I can find to make me comfortable.
  4. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

DEFINITELY the morning.

it takes me almost an hour after i get moving to get really awake, and sometimes i stay half asleep until around 2 in the afternoon.

it's been hard getting up at 630 every morning, cause my body jsut won't listen!
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

a hot shower and light stretching helps (if you can do it) helps some of the time.

Thanks,

Karen
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

Mornings, mornings, mornings

I HATE mornings!
  7. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

For me it is definitely mornings. It takes me a long time to get moving!

Kat
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Let's see, the worst part of the day is from when I get up until I go to bed. Then the worst part of the night is from when I go to bed til when I get up!

Ok, that can't be right!

Actually early evening is the worst. I work full time and when I get home I am exhausted. Then I change cloths, fix dinner, feed the dogs, do the dishes, take the dogs out, fix the dogs their stuffed Kongs, do laundry if I have to, and fall into my chair.

I read somewhere years ago that right after work is one of the most stressful times for most people. People who work are just getting home and want to unwind, people who stay home have been waiting all day to talk to them, the kids (in my case dogs!) are excited and want attention, and of course everyone is hungry!

Sad as it sounds, I look forward to when my DH goes to bed at 8:00 so I have an hour or so to myself. That is usually the best time of my day and I usually read and relax for a bit.

Some days, though, it seems like it really is that 12 hours a day and 12 hours a night that are the worst!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

definately MORNINGS!!!!! I am like Barb. Morning and even early afternoons really suck for me. Evenings are best. I can't figure it out either. Just when other people start winding down thats when I become alert!

Raz
  10. gongee

gongee New Member

Mornings are the worse for me. I hate the thought of getting up each day.

By evening, I am feeling a little bit better. I was told by a holistic guy that is because the cortisol starts going up after 3pm. Whether that is true or not is another question.
  11. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

Ummmm from 12 pm to 12 am to 12 pm......I have issues with each part of the day. Can't sleep at night, stress out and start hurting as soon as kids wake up and start fighting, then have to fight my way through the pain to get the house taken care of, then fight again to get through school in the evenings............

Thankfully Tramadol works for me.

Misty
  12. Denamay

Denamay New Member

It is 4:30 PM and I am trying to wash my kitchen floor.

I just do a bit at a time but my back hurts something awfull and all I want is to take a nap.

Otherwise evenings are my best time.

I move very slowly in the morning.I enjoy drinking my coffee and reading the paper and then I do the crossword puzzle, by then it is about 10:AM and I can manage a bit of housework or a trip to the store.

At noon I like to go out with a friend for lunch, that helps me forget my problems for a while.

Love Denamay
    Back to my knees on the floor.
  13. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

very sick in the mornings . It is horrible.
  14. lucky

lucky New Member

are the worse time for me, and I usually eat breakfast and crawl back to bed after taking my meds and finally manage to get up at around 11:00 a.m., which makes it a short day and nothing or a few things get done.

Best wishes, Lucky
  15. Crickie

Crickie New Member

I agree with you on the "morning factor"! Some days I just can't/don't get my act together! The later in the day ..the better. This usually leads to more energy in the evening and the husband "still" asks why do I wait to run the vacuum until he gets home?! I also can get into a viscous cycle of staying up late, relaxing in front of the TV after everyone elso has gone to bed....really I think that I just don't want the day to end only to have to start over in the painful foggy morning!!!
    Days when I can pull my head out of my rear enough to stretch and get a hot shower are a blessing....some days the rear just doesn't come out!
    Are you with me?
    Keep pushing ~
    Chrisi
  16. kriket

kriket New Member

for me would have to be the mornings too. It's hard to get up and get moving.

17. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

I have sought help for my morning sick feelings from several doctors and can't get an explanation for the way I feel. Never felt like this before the fibro and myofascial pain. I despise mornings.
  18. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

How strange, reaading everyones responses. I am exactly the opposite. All my symptoms seem to have this daily rhythm where they improve when I first get up (usually about 9am), then start getting worse for the rest of the day.

I am a write off by the early evening, and often the afternoons too.

I'm sure its to do with sleep, I only get 2 - 3 hours a night, but if I have a night that I dont sleep at all, I am much worse the next day.

Take care
    Michelle
  19. MsE

MsE New Member

When I first get up I am achey and tired. Sometimes I have to go back to bed after breakfast. As the day goes on I improve. then mid afternoon I sometimes fall asleep. After I wake up I feel better and do fairly well until 10:00 or so.