WHAT'S UP WITH THE ANAL PAIN THAT IMMEDIATELY COMES ON?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Oct 2, 2002.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

Right now as I'm sitting here all of a sudden this major unrelentless pain on and in my anal area starts up and lasts for about 5 minutes straight. This happens once in a while, stress brings it on more. It can hit in my sleep and wake me up for no reason!! Just wondering it hits all of a sudden and most of the time I have to get on the floor and roll up in a ball and suffer with this real bad pain. Then it slowly gets better and goes away. This started 2 years ago like all my other FMS symptoms. Any ideas???? Pamela
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

Right now as I'm sitting here all of a sudden this major unrelentless pain on and in my anal area starts up and lasts for about 5 minutes straight. This happens once in a while, stress brings it on more. It can hit in my sleep and wake me up for no reason!! Just wondering it hits all of a sudden and most of the time I have to get on the floor and roll up in a ball and suffer with this real bad pain. Then it slowly gets better and goes away. This started 2 years ago like all my other FMS symptoms. Any ideas???? Pamela
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not sure what kind of pain your referring to,but I get a pain in the A** too!!!LOL but mine is more the tailbone....and sitting for more than a hr will really bother it so I have to keep moving about-even when I don't want to move a bone!
    I use a heating pad on low which helps~
    Is this pain a sharp pain?or dull?It might give others a clue to better understand and offer suggestions.
    Take care for now.......
    Warm Regards,
    Tracey
  4. sean

sean New Member

I reckon it's just a FMS symptom, I've had something similar in the past on and off, but my was fairly mild, it certainly did not make me roll up into a ball in pain. You havent noticed any blood loss on going to the toilet have you?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The sphincter muscle surrounds the anus and nearby tissues. It can cramp up just as any of our other muscles can and it can be quite painful. I sometimes awake in the middle of the night with what I call a charlie horse in my arse.

Love, Mikie
  6. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I have this very thing but not as severe as it was. I could get this horrible pain in the day time or at night. There were many a night I would litterly have to get out of bed I was in so much pain. One night I even vomited from the pain. I decided then and there I was going to the doctor. They did a colonoscopy on me and the test was okay other than I have a redundant colon. The doctor said it was muscle spasms. He gave me a prescription for Buspar 15mg and told me to take 1/2 tablet one hour before I went to bed. I don't get the spasms much any more but that was one pain I was glad to get rid of. I would'nt be surprised at all it's related to FM. It's soft tissue and muscle and that is what FM attacks. Why it would attack at night when you're suppose to be asleep is beyond me. Maybe it just shows that we are not sleeping or relaxed either one.

Arlene
  7. crickett

crickett New Member

Oh yes it is a real pain. I was always told that is was a rectal spasm (A REAL PAIN IN THE ****) that has almost always waked me in the middle of the night. Soaking in a hot tub or a sitz bath will sometimes relieve it. Mine usually last a couple of hours. I have even tried a pain pill because it is so painful. Sometimes the pain radiates into the groin. I take a muscle relaxant for sleep (flexeril), but it still happens occasionly without warning.
    SUE
  8. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

it last a few hours. It bit by bit just slowed down and became less severe It several years ago and I had to leave work. I could not walk or even think straight. I was teaching high school at the time.

I do think it would be well within reason to ccall your regular physcian and discuss this. That particular muscle, as stated above, is connected to other areas. You may have something going on elsewhere in the body and are unaware of it. Could be the muscle tightens there but it originates somewhere else (kind 0f like referred pain). I would not just assume it was a FMS thing. We all blame so much on FMS to find out we really do have a problem of some sort that is not related to the FMS. Just my opinion. I hope you find your answer.

Take care,

Lynda B.
  9. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

Hi Pamela!
    I thought this icon would be appropriate.
    I have had this for a while. It wakes me up at night. It feels like a throbbing X 1000 and feels like my insides are trying to push out. It hurts so bad it makes me break out in a cold sweat. I sit on something hard like the floor, coffee table anything hard it seems to help a tiny bit. It lasts like yours, about 5 minutes or so.(but it feels like a lot longer than that!)I was told it was just spasms.
    Is your pain anything like that?

Kayfrey
  10. pamela

pamela New Member

That is exactly how it feels. It's like your a** hole is all tight and spasmimg. No blood, in fact I just had my whole colon scoped in May 2002. Perfect colon doc. said. Just wondering bcz this started around a year 1/2 a go. So wierd.... Thanks a bunch!!!!!! Pamela
  11. pamela

pamela New Member

I break out in the sweating and sometimes get nausea from the pain. Feel like your whole inside of you anal area is trying to push out, but if you even think about pushing it makes it worse!!!! I'm so glad you responded!! My mom and my husband say they have had that before but they don't have FMS.. Interesting?? I notice I had this last one after eating 1/2 cup of ice cream. I have also had it after I take my nitely ritual (just 3-4 times) laxative..M.O.M. I have to do that because I can't take fiber or anything else. Thanks a bunch!!!! Pamela

P.S. I love the little buttie icon!!! HEE HEE HEE!!!
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

and I know exactly what you are talking about... and both my husband and daughter get this too, they don't have FM. You're right, it's horribly intense, invariably in the night (tho I've had it other times of day, it's nearly always at night) and I usually just rock back & forth in a fetal position til it passes. A true "pain in the butt'" and a phenomenon that seems to affect those besides FMers. Strange...