What's up with the Epsom/Peroxide baths?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by browneyes259, Oct 8, 2005.

1. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

Have seen a lot lately about people trying this?? What are you trying it for??? Just pain management or something else?

Also curious as to how much of each you use in the bath? Also heard about some having bad reactions. What type of reactions have you seen and how severe?

Hope someone can help me understand this better. As we are all aware treatment for our health is all trial and error so I am always willing to try something new.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
    Jen
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

are detoxing too, so it would be smart to start with a smaller ammount of epsom/peroxide to see how you do with it.

I like to bathe with a few tablespoons of molasses. Relaxing, and I hope to absorb some of the minerals from it. Smells like a bakery too. You can add anything you like really. Weird bath ingredients is a hobby of mine. Have fun!
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

I didn't know it absorbed into the skin. Do you think it might raise blood pressure? I know the bath is relaxing - I've tried it, although not with those exact quantities. I'm just trying to figure out what, besides prescriptions, might cause my BP to rise. It should have been going DOWN, since I have been reducing my prednisone. Would magnesium make any difference?
  4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

to everyone who has already replied.

Shannonsparkles.....any suggestion on how much to use to start out with. I'm just concerned about jumping in at full throttle and paying for it later. Would like to work up to the full 3 cups Epsom/3 bottles peroxide if I don't have any problems.

Would greatly appreciate any relief I can find.

Thanks again everyone.
    Jen
  5. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

....you didn't seem abrupt at all. And also thanks for your edit about size of bottle (I was wondering) & 2nd post.

Thanks for posting that old info too. I think I'll hold off until I see my FFC doctor again on 11/3. But if he gives the ok, I'll be all over this. A cheap easy way to pain relief and I love taking baths.

Thanks everyone!
    Jen